Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

First of all i want to thank foundforgood89 for the awsome job with the theme. I had small issues with it but he replyed and all was solved.

Now i was wandering if someone has the time or the knowladge to make custom icons so that this beautill theme be perfect.

I'm new to jailbreak and also this forum so i hope i uploaded right.

Kind regards.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Quote Originally Posted by bufat View Post
    Now i was wandering if someone has the time or the knowladge to make custom icons so that this beautill theme be perfect.
    I'll add them to the list! If any of the icon names you sent vary from their name on your springboard, let me know because they have to match to work correctly. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfreak View Post
    Many thanks dude I haven't even noticed it from the beginning
    Glad you got it working :-) thanks guys for helping him

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfreak View Post
    Hi foundforgood89 and thanks once again for such a lovely theme.

First of all..
    This theme is one of a kind and I think it deserves to be the best detailed theme ever.
    So. Should we/I post if any notice of possible future improvements ?

I have notice that the onclick mask for the icons doesn't always fit the icon. Is there a fix for that ?

Second. The bar which pops up eg when you wanna delete pictures seems to be stretched.

And third. When I have mywi on with the pulsing bar and lock the screen I see the name of the theme behind. heh.
    Alway appreciate suggestions. I want this theme to be the best it can aswell :-)
    As for the icon shadows when selecting apps, in 4.2.1, apple changed the way these selection shadows are defined. unfortunately, in this new means of defining them, I can no longer modify them using winterboard. They are now defined using the icon masks. unfortunately, this really sucks for my themes because I dont like to use masked icons all that much. I feel like themes should make a valiant attempt and making themes more creative than just masking icons in a single way (as you will see in my upcoming new theme).
    So because of this, the icon shadows cant be changed :-( sorry. They will naturally look best for masked icons, but most icons wont be masked, so yeah.

As for the second issue, the stretched background where the delete button is is unfortunately another artifact of apple made restrictions. Because that bar can have varying lengths (by adding more or less buttons), when more buttons are present, the image stretches. I actually addressed this early in beta (around v5 or 6) to try and fix that, but I wasn't able to :-( I also looked into making another version with vertical grains in the wood to try and help the stretch, but that ended up looking worse. So if you have any suggestions, id love to help, but no matter what, the image will have to stretch.

And lastly, the blue bar at the top of the screen when mywi is enabled. That I am happy to say, I can improve :-) and will happily add it to the next update.

First of all i want to thank foundforgood89 for the awsome job with the theme. I had small issues with it but he replyed and all was solved.

Kind regards.

we will get to them ASAP :-) Thanks The6uest
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-16 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you so much. I recenttly saw something that started to bother me. Is there a way to change the weather widget to display celsius degrees? because the rss from yahoo is the same for bouth farenheit and celsius.

Thank you.

Yes, it worked and i also changed to 24 clock display without any problems. Cheers

First of all, awesome theme!! I was just watching the tutorial and getting all the programs that would be good for this theme. I have a Verizon Iphone which is running 4.2.6, and I tried to get iconoclasm, but Cydia will not let me due to OS? Any way around this? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

So the upload site doesnt seem to be working. can you reupload?

Quote Originally Posted by b00st4ddicted View Post
    First of all, awesome theme!! I was just watching the tutorial and getting all the programs that would be good for this theme. I have a Verizon Iphone which is running 4.2.6, and I tried to get iconoclasm, but Cydia will not let me due to OS? Any way around this? Thanks in advance!
    Not unless you have a device on 4.1 or earlier. If you do, then you can buy on that, and then it will let you download it on your new phone.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-16 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iDevice Theme Developer: Engraved Wood, Etched Glass

Will the theme still work ok without iconoclasm?

Will the theme still work ok without iconoclasm?
    Everything but the layout. You can use "gridlock" as a substitute, but it wont be anywhere near as good. Everything else will work though

thanks for your hard work man. hopefully they release a iconoclasm to work on the verizon iphone. i bought all the extra software just because of your theme lol

so I watched all 3 videos. everything seems to be working except for the dock icons are still there and instead of weather on lock screen i got brown bars that says calender, mail, notifications, missed calls voicemail and sms. any idea why? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by b00st4ddicted; 2011-02-17 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMaC 74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 203 Posts

lol i've not posted a screen shot before on a forum post so forgive me if this don't work, it's a screen shot after changing the extra dock icons, i'm not bad with photoshop so i can sort these out myself, i just thought i'd let you know "also do you have a colour code for the Green you've used for the statusbar images ? as i want to change the weather, date and time font to match,
    Thank you

iPhone4 iOS4.2.1

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Last edited by iMaC 74; 2011-02-17 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaC 74 View Post
    lol i've not posted a screen shot before on a forum post so forgive me if this don't work, it's a screen shot after changing the extra dock icons, i'm not bad with photoshop so i can sort these out myself, i just thought i'd let you know "also do you have a colour code for the Green you've used for the statusbar images ? as i want to change the weather, date and time font to match,
    Thank you

iPhone4 iOS4.2.1

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
    Did you blank the icons? It looks to me like u just set the icons to the icon glyphs included in the theme. But u need to blank the icons, not use the glyphs. The glyphs are only for making wallpapers

thanks for your hard work man. hopefully they release a iconoclasm to work on the verizon iphone. i bought all the extra software just because of your theme lol

so I watched all 3 videos. everything seems to be working except for the dock icons are still there and instead of weather on lock screen i got brown bars that says calender, mail, notifications, missed calls voicemail and sms. any idea why? thanks in advance.
    The bars with the different words (sms, notifications, etc) are from lockinfo. You can go into your settings app and scroll down to lockinfo to change the preferences. in there somewhere is an option to make them show up only if you have a notification in that category (thats what i use). Also, the weather plugin needs to be downloaded in cydia. Search for "weather plugin for lockinfo"
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-17 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

iMaC 74 (2011-02-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMaC 74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 203 Posts

yeah sorry my mistake i used the glyphs and not the blanks sorry, yeah my lockinfo and the weather plugin are all set up, i mean in changing the weather font colour on the homescreen ?
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    I think i finally found a fix for the fonts: try renaming them so the ones that start with "_UH_..." are actually "_H_...". Aka, delete the U from the font files beginning with the _UH_. Give me feedback as to if it works, so i can fix in the theme.

Can someone tell me what should i rename from here because i dont want to end up in a endless restart from my iphone if i do something wrong, like the tutorial said.

I see some files .bfbkp that means backup? Is it safe to delete?

Help.

Can someone tell me what should i rename from here because i dont want to end up in a endless restart from my iphone if i do something wrong, like the tutorial said.

I see some files .bfbkp that means backup? Is it safe to delete?

Help.
    Wait till new update. The consequences of doing it wrong could be worse than waiting the next couple days for fix.

Having a huge problem with gamecenter that i hope someone can help me with. when i sign in in gamecenter, it logs in properly. Then when i go to a game, it makes me login again, and when i go back to gamecenter, its the right account name but all my datas missing. Then i log out and in and the cycle repeats itself. None of my achievements or games are being saved during this time. Errors have been happening since restoring and using 4.2.1. Anyone know how to either fix or delete a gamecenter account? This problem will slow down my releasing the next update and concept arts of the new theme if anyone can help id appreciate it

EDIT: problem fixed, but it was kinda messy. Lemme know if anyone else runs into this problem :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-17 at 03:06 PM.

Note that was the first time that i opened photoshop and this icons, maybe, are not 100% perfect.
    People that have this apps and decide that the look is ok can complete their theme. I'm still trying to figure out how to make multiple shadows icons lol.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bufat For This Useful Post:

totalreign (2011-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    So the upload site doesnt seem to be working. can you reupload?
    I have them if you want me to send them to ya. I have already worked on some of them and will be sending another batch of icons tonight.

Good job bufat! Those icons look nice!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The6uest For This Useful Post:

totalreign (2011-02-17)

i can't seem to get the dock icon to disappear. i followed exactly the steps from the 3rd video, but the dock icons are still there. anyone?

Note that was the first time that i opened photoshop and this icons, maybe, are not 100% perfect.
    People that have this apps and decide that the look is ok can complete their theme. I'm still trying to figure out how to make multiple shadows icons lol.
    These actully look alot better than the ones i saw on my phone. maybe its cuz they were blown up a bit? anyways good job! :-) these are definitely useable

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    I have them if you want me to send them to ya. I have already worked on some of them and will be sending another batch of icons tonight.

Good job bufat! Those icons look nice!
    Nvm, i got them :-)

i can't seem to get the dock icon to disappear. i followed exactly the steps from the 3rd video, but the dock icons are still there. anyone?
    Can you upload some screenshots of the Bundles folder, showing the folder names you copied or made in ifiles to make then disappear? i just wanna make sure you did it correctly. It can be confusing sometimes :-)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-17 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast