Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0

Default Icon requests
    Hi foundforgood89.

I have some icon requests. A lot actually
    Give it a look and let me hear.

Another question.. You talk about the icons.. those without an engraved wood icon will get a wood edge. Why is it that some doesn't ?

Thank you and keep up the work.

EDIT:
    My bad.. The icons i taken strait out of the iPhone, so it's not the preferred resolution.
    I saw the video after the post, but I'll try to find them in itunes and get back to you.
    Sorry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sonyfreak; 2011-02-13 at 05:39 PM.

Default Icon requests
    I now have all the icons in 512 by 512, but now the zip file is to large to upload.

Do you have a Dropbox account? If yes, associated with what email?

Should I do some pre-work? Or what do you actually mean in the vid?

Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by sonyfreak View Post
    I now have all the icons in 512 by 512, but now the zip file is to large to upload.

Do you have a Dropbox account? If yes, associated with what email?

Should I do some pre-work? Or what do you actually mean in the vid?

Thanks..
    You can upload them to Mediafire or Megaupload first and put the link here or send it to me at [email protected]. If they are 512x512, no prework required

Quote Originally Posted by merrychey View Post
    Just purchased the theme and wonder if there is a lockscreen wallpaper for non-lockinfo user and a homescreen wallpaper with normal dock?
    Working on the lockscreen wallpaper without lockinfo, which will be out in a couple weeks (still killing myself over this next update while trying to work on the new theme and keep up with classes). No dates are set in stone, so dont be alarmed if there is a couple days delay on anything. Things keep seeming to pop up out of no where for me to do :-(

The homescreen wallpaper without the custom dock probably won't happen for this theme, sorry. Its part of the novelty of it.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-13 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iDevice Theme Developer: Engraved Wood, Etched Glass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

iMaC 74 (2011-02-14)

I just did a full restore, rejailbroke, installed hd engraved and ifile for my iphone4 4.2.1, copy and pasted the font foundforgood89 emailed me, and STILL the fonts haven't changed. Im totally stumped

The best theme ever.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2011-02-14 at 01:09 AM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

I think i finally found a fix for the fonts: try renaming them so the ones that start with "_UH_..." are actually "_H_...". Aka, delete the U from the font files beginning with the _UH_. Give me feedback as to if it works, so i can fix in the theme.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

holl0wm1nd (2011-02-15), iMaC 74 (2011-02-16), truenorth (2011-02-14)

Worked like a charm, Rohan. I think you can go ahead and fix the theme. Thanks button clicked. You da bomb!
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Thank god! Ive been looking for that issue for a while. Who thought it woulda been something so simple ;-)

Fix will be added to future update to help those with the problem. Sorry about that guys.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-14 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

3dogmike (2011-02-14), iMaC 74 (2011-02-16)

An easy alternativ for The fonts problem is to download BytaFont and install any font from cydia supporting BytaFont. Then copy EW's fonts to the font folder you just downloaded. Apply it in BytaFonts. No renaming needed.
    E.g. I've downloaded walt disney font and copied EW's fonts to /var/mobile/Library/MyFonts/WaltDisney.font.
    Working perfect.
    The only thing is that I copied the 4.1 folder. Hmm.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMaC 74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 203 Posts

Thumbs up EWHD - Iconoclasm 1.6.2 ?
    @foundforgood89

Thanks for this Awesome theme ;-)
    i'm on iPhone 4 iOS4.2.1 and am unable purchase's iconoclasm as this requires iOS 3.2/4.0/4.1, so i'm to wait for an update to iconoclasm ? do i use iBlank and Gridlock ? to get the icons in the 2 row set up ?

Many thanks for the Theme and i appreciate any help you provided,
    Respect

Quote Originally Posted by iMaC 74 View Post
    @foundforgood89

Thanks for this Awesome theme ;-)
    i'm on iPhone 4 iOS4.2.1 and am unable purchase's iconoclasm as this requires iOS 3.2/4.0/4.1, so i'm to wait for an update to iconoclasm ? do i use iBlank and Gridlock ? to get the icons in the 2 row set up ?

Many thanks for the Theme and i appreciate any help you provided,
    Respect
    Ive sent a couple requests to the iconoclasm dev to update, so hopefully he will soon. In the meantime, you may use gridlock or iblanks, yes, but it wont look as good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

iMaC 74 (2011-02-14)

Default A few things
    First, I love the theme. I have had a wood skin from getrecover.com on my phone for about 2 months, and this theme just makes that complete like they were intended for one another. I appreciate all the advice on how to further tweak an customize as well.

Now, some things I've noticed:

Since updating to 4.2.1 the fonts didn't work, but I saw the fix for that above and wanted to confirm that does in fact work.

I'm also noticing now that the alert icons are not working, neither is the highlight an icon makes when you touch it. That sort of green glow it does. screenshot:

The loading screens have also ceased to work.

Lastly, and this I noticed before 4.2, is that some App Store apps won't display the fonts. There have been 2 or 3 I've run into, but one in particular is Taxi Magic. Screenshot: I'm not sure of any way to fix this other than to revert the fonts at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by primey View Post
    First, I love the theme. I have had a wood skin from getrecover.com on my phone for about 2 months, and this theme just makes that complete like they were intended for one another. I appreciate all the advice on how to further tweak an customize as well.

Now, some things I've noticed:

Since updating to 4.2.1 the fonts didn't work, but I saw the fix for that above and wanted to confirm that does in fact work.

I'm also noticing now that the alert icons are not working, neither is the highlight an icon makes when you touch it. That sort of green glow it does. screenshot:

The loading screens have also ceased to work.

Lastly, and this I noticed before 4.2, is that some App Store apps won't display the fonts. There have been 2 or 3 I've run into, but one in particular is Taxi Magic. Screenshot: I'm not sure of any way to fix this other than to revert the fonts at the moment.
    -Thanks for confirming the fonts work
    -I have had another report that the badges dont work. I am looking into it for an update.
    -The icon selection can no longer be themed due to a change in the way apple decided they are constructed (that is, unless saurik can update winterboard to find a way to theme them)
    -As for the application that doesnt work with the fonts, Ive actually never seen that happen before. I will look into that also though. I doubt ill be able to do much about it. Does changing the font to any other fonts do that?
    -For the loaders, are certain ones working and others not? Ill look into those also.

Quote Originally Posted by primey View Post
    Those skins are pretty nice! The Cherry-Mahogany would look really good with this theme.

RE. the loaders.

I noticed that when I respring or reboot the phone the loaders work the first time I run the app, then don't appear again. Additionally, I can close the apps from the multitask dock and then the loaders will work again.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogmike View Post
    RE. the loaders.

I noticed that when I respring or reboot the phone the loaders work the first time I run the app, then don't appear again. Additionally, I can close the apps from the multitask dock and then the loaders will work again.
    Thats normal. Loaders only happen when the app isn't backgrounded. Aka only when the app is run the first time and isn't in the multitask bar. Otherwise it goes straight to continuing the already running app.

So I just checked the internal files for the badges so I could fix them, but it looks like they are the same as 4.1. Is there ANYONE on 4.2.1 who is successfully using the badge customizations from the theme? I'm wondering if it was a packaging error or for some reason, that image was omitted from the theme by the repo. If anyone is having trouble with the badges, email me at [email protected], and I will send you an image with instructions on where to install it. Hopefuly this will solve the problem. But as for the theme packaging I did before I sent it to the repo, it all looks like it should be correct (unless apple is using another image source).

EDIT: found the badge problem. Apparently, in 4.2.1, apple has messed up the distinction between high and low res. images for the badges. For those who are having the problem, here is the fix:
    1) navigate to var/stash/theme.xxx/Engraved [email protected]/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/
    2) copy image "[email protected]"
    3) Paste it in the same folder and rename it (default rename will be "[email protected] (1).png"
    4) Rename "[email protected] (1).png" to "[email protected]"

I will fix this in the theme as well for the next update, so for those who don't wanna take the effort, Ill take care of it asap
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-15 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

3dogmike (2011-02-15), iMaC 74 (2011-02-16), totalreign (2011-02-15)

Hi foundforgood89 and thanks once again for such a lovely theme.

First of all..
    This theme is one of a kind and I think it deserves to be the best detailed theme ever.
    So. Should we/I post if any notice of possible future improvements ?

I have notice that the onclick mask for the icons doesn't always fit the icon. Is there a fix for that ?

Second. The bar which pops up eg when you wanna delete pictures seems to be stretched.

And third. When I have mywi on with the pulsing bar and lock the screen I see the name of the theme behind. heh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-feb.-15-8-54-44-f.m..jpg   -photo-feb.-15-8-55-25-f.m..jpg   -photo-feb.-15-8-55-55-f.m..jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post
    Thats normal. Loaders only happen when the app isn't backgrounded. Aka only when the app is run the first time and isn't in the multitask bar. Otherwise it goes straight to continuing the already running app.

So I just checked the internal files for the badges so I could fix them, but it looks like they are the same as 4.1. Is there ANYONE on 4.2.1 who is successfully using the badge customizations from the theme? I'm wondering if it was a packaging error or for some reason, that image was omitted from the theme by the repo. If anyone is having trouble with the badges, email me at [email protected], and I will send you an image with instructions on where to install it. Hopefuly this will solve the problem. But as for the theme packaging I did before I sent it to the repo, it all looks like it should be correct (unless apple is using another image source).

EDIT: found the badge problem. Apparently, in 4.2.1, apple has messed up the distinction between high and low res. images for the badges. For those who are having the problem, here is the fix:
    1) navigate to var/stash/theme.xxx/Engraved [email protected]/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/
    3) Paste it in the same folder and rename it (default rename will be "[email protected] (1).png"

I will fix this in the theme as well for the next update, so for those who don't wanna take the effort, Ill take care of it asap
    Hmm..
    Maybe I don't understand, but the steps you give is not possible (for me).. Paste it in the same folder will give the name with a "(1)", yes.. But I can't rename it without, 'cause there's already a image with that name.. I hope you understand me heh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post

Correcting the step 4, rename "[email protected] (1).png" to "SBBadgeBG.png" without the @2x. That will do the trick.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to holl0wm1nd For This Useful Post:

iMaC 74 (2011-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    Correcting the step 4, rename "[email protected] (1).png" to "SBBadgeBG.png" without the @2x. That will do the trick.
    Many thanks dude I haven't even noticed it from the beginning

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast