Page 172 of 472 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 9421

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Xhd [Release]

Wheres my $2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanady361 View Post
    USING MY ORIGINAL STATUS BAR MODS made available to everyone & shared numerous times!

In no way was this a mod of Z's original work or anyones.. I made these from scratch pixel by pixel!

ON ANOTHER NOTE... where is another unbiased moderator that is watching the situation & has read up on the full story?...

farbod, you're entitled to your opinion. Ar, you've knocked me in threads before, I'm wouldn't expect anything less from a teenager.

so now wat we gunna get our money back ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXtRaSaUcE View Post
    I'm not taking sides by any means but so many users including myself have donate buttons. I personally liked the mods Sanady made and paid what I thought was fair. I have also paid others in this thread for their works. And people have paid for mine. If someone puts their time into something they shouldn't automatically be expected to give it to the masses. By the same token they should not advertise that they are selling items. I personally didn't see any of that but that's my take. Never once have I asked for a donation for anything, but after countless works in the forums enough people asked me for a link appreciating my work so I gave them the opportunity.
    Ditto, I echo your thoughts.
    I have also donated, and most of the time people just offer it to me for free and I still have donated.
    The issue was, someone asked him to share the mod, it was said that they had to donate or buy him a beer or something to share the mod, that is not a donation, it is a fee.

Now let's move on please, it's over. I am dealing with it as are all the other moderators/owners have been made aware of it also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djSpiider's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farbod21 View Post
    I dont know whats worse, him asking for $2 or you guys paying $2 for status bar icons...
    =/ i feel schooled lol
    i paid $2 too
    The Amazin' djSpiider
    Facebook.com/djSpiider

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

USING MY ORIGINAL STATUS BAR MODS made available to everyone & shared numerous times!

In no way was this a mod of Z's original work or anyones.. I made these from scratch pixel by pixel!

ON ANOTHER NOTE... where is another unbiased moderator that is watching the situation & has read up on the full story?...

farbod, you're entitled to your opinion.

Ar, you've knocked me in threads before, I'm wouldn't expect anything less from a teenager.
    I have? I dont recall.

and heck with your stereotype. just remember a long time ago you were 16

mod edit/blkcadi
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-10-06 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xXtRaSaUcE View Post
    I'm not taking sides by any means but so many users including myself have donate buttons. I personally liked the mods Sanady made and paid what I thought was fair. I have also paid others in this thread for their works. And people have paid for mine. If someone puts their time into something they shouldn't automatically be expected to give it to the masses. By the same token they should not advertise that they are selling items. I personally didn't see any of that but that's my take. Never once have I asked for a donation for anything, but after countless works in the forums enough people asked me for a link appreciating my work so I gave them the opportunity.
    I have no problem with people having a donation button in case people want to thank them. But if you POST your stuff in this or any FULL THEME thread, its pretty lame that you refuse to share it or ask money for it.

Would be like me walking into a supermarket grabbing a box of graham crackers, some marshmallows, and some chocolate and say im selling smores in aisle 2.

Hes taking advantage of users that dont have photoshop and dont realize how easy it is to make or modify the status bar icons. They are 20x20px icons for god sakes...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to farbod21 For This Useful Post:

djSpiider (2010-10-06)

perma-banned for life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    lmao!! xD
    lolol i just want the superman ones aha

Quote Originally Posted by ArDottCeeDuble View Post
    Dont be cheap?

Dont get me started mate , ive donated for a lot of things but i will not donate for status bar icons.
    Then don't ask for it...when someone is working so hard and should get some credit..even just a background.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinv21 For This Useful Post:

Sanady361 (2010-10-06)

man now i want my 2$ back hahaha u guys makeing me feel like a lil baby that got his candy stolen

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blast123 For This Useful Post:

djSpiider (2010-10-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farbod21 View Post
    Hes taking advantage of users that dont have photoshop and dont realize how easy it is to make or modify the status bar icons. They are 20x20px icons for god sakes...
    Now we're going a little far with our opinions & fiction..

Let me see you make 66... yes that's right 66 different images in 15 minutes.. and then multiply that by 10!...

15 minutes my ***, my fiance wouldn't be sitting here pissed at me if it took me 15 minutes..

I can't believe the drama this turned into.. all because I use xHD and decided to use it in the carrier logo.

It's no problem for others to tell people $10..

I shared my work.. my better work, my donators got.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    people just offer it to me for free...
    As I did.. sent you the link and everything.. as I did to all the others who help out here on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The issue was, someone asked him to share the mod, it was said that they had to donate or buy him a beer or something to share the mod, that is not a donation, it is a fee.
    And conclusions were jumped to, as I've explained about my better work turning into an update for donators.

Not a once did I set a fee.. or require a donation for my original work. As shown in one of my last posts, a random member using my original status bar.
    Last edited by Sanady361; 2010-10-06 at 03:35 AM.
    My latest theme - -

Thanks
    Thanked 30,402 Times in 5,077 Posts

I dont mind donating to a person who does a little hard work(probably in thier spare time) to make my ip4 look even sexier than it did when i first opened the box and turned it on.It is true though you shouldnt demand a donation it then becomes a fee. do·na·tion [doh-ney-shuhn]
    1. an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.
    2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution.

perma-banned for life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinv21 View Post
    Then don't ask for it...when someone is working so hard and should get some credit..even just a background.....
    I never said he shouldnt get credit...thats what the "Thanks" button is for , not the Donate button.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Don't justify, just move on to another thread then.
    Most all of these themers (and members too )are my personal friends, Z is one of my best friends and I will go to bat for him or any other one any day any time.

Let it go or infractions will be issued.

For all you people that paid because you had to, my thoughts are that refunds should be made. Only my opinion.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1974 (2010-10-06), djSpiider (2010-10-06), farbod21 (2010-10-06), fbjones (2010-10-06), III[ZERO]III (2010-10-06)

Now we're going a little far with our opinions & fiction..

Let me see you make 66... yes that's right 66 different images in 15 minutes.. and then multiply that by 10!...

15 minutes my ***, my fiance wouldn't be sitting here pissed at me if it took me 15 minutes..
    Bro I make my own status bar icons.. You make one, and then just color the other number sets. Its not that hard. Mine not be as nice as yours, but honestly i didnt put all that much effort into it. The fact that you are charging people to "Beta Test" your status bar icons, that take one respring to test is a joke. Either charge a fee, or ask for a donation if they want.

Dont pretend your "work" is on par with what the creators of these themes are doing...
    Last edited by farbod21; 2010-10-06 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Maybe my thought process is a little different than others, but, is it just me or does it seem out of hand to sell some simple status bar icons?? I'm not trying to knock Sanady, well maybe I am, but he's totally rippin' off Z's thread and work - making money off some little status bar logos? I mean get real, you can get this entire theme on Cydia when it drops for $3 which includes the whole damn phone modified through hours of work by Z and then you got this guy probably taking 'donations' no less than a buck to get a couple small images. Don't confuse the word 'selling' and 'donations', nobody is donating to him - he's using the word donate when he's really selling stuff. A donation is optional and given when somebody decides to be generous and appreciates what you're doing. I can understand EF/Darkness/Jazz/etc etc having a donations button because they FLOOD this thread with free work for everybody that simply asks for something, they do a bunch for the community [Darkness doesn't even accept donations, and look at the mass of work he does - I've tried donating to him before] - while this guy is over here not doing a single thing for anybody in this thread, just selling his little 'add on' an rippin' off Z's buzz he created over the years being a big named themer. If you want to sell something and make money then start doing your own themes pal. Can't believe nobody's said a word about this. I'm sure Z will step in here and state that he doesn't mind, but that's just because he's an overly generous and kind guy. I'm just making the stand for the big man. Carry on.
    this is what i was told after i donated and then only got gold and red Thanks again for donating! It's greatly appreciated!

Most don't realize the hours upon hours spent perfecting these little images that are always on your screen! :-)

Remember, on a $1.50 donation, Paypal takes $.34, so I'm only seeing $1.16 of that.

I haven't been fully following this. Perhaps because I couldn't actually believe people were paying for it but if someone really did respond to one of their donors as a cheapass for only donating like $1 then that pretty much says it all.

Really? I am currently discussing this with Mods
    I just think if I pay for something I can share it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

I see who does & who doesn't appreciate the work I do.

Dropped.
    Last edited by Sanady361; 2010-10-06 at 03:42 AM.
    My latest theme - -

i like ur work just wanted to break the ice with my jokes i didnt mind donateing to u bro

You still fail to grasp what the word donation means... oh well... time to move on.

Page 172 of 472 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast