Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA] Dusk - LIVE Animated Weather [LAW]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whtnite View Post
    thanks for your help Doreen! The problem I and from many comments that people are having with this widget, Floppys, Wimm or any of them is the fact that it stays fair so much. Along with the "Fair there are clouds" Yesterday people in Los Angelos had 100+ weather with no clouds yet thier widget was showing "FAIR" with the light rolling of clouds with the animation. IT will work correctly when it is actually cloudy, raining etc all of the widgets show this correctly including the animated one. Our problem is they want to show "fair" it seems for most conditions when there is just sun and or hot with no clouds in sight. Im puzzled because in your screenshot above your weather shows this problem perfectly "Fair with Clouds" and I would bet that at that time there were no clouds or it would change to "partly cloudy" as all seem to do. Is this "Fair with clouds" when its "hot and no clouds lol" something that can be fixed? If you have the right weather conditions showing on yours then it seems to be a "fair" chance that it will still have the same problem that alot of us are having....any suggestions or help with that? I just get tired of alot of my weather being "fair" At this moment it shows partly cloudy and the animation is correct with clouds rolling past. I just want a "fair" day with sun and no clouds when thats what it looks like if I look out...thanks again I do plan on getting your widget also as IM kinda a weather mod addict
    You can either edit the functions.js file to show nothing on Sunny or Hot or edit it to show instead of the floating clouds the sunburst animation however this is the issue I'm having if you edit the animation.css to top: 20px to top: 55px you have that line across the top. I have it showing the sunburst animation for when my theme updates to "fair" in this ss to show you (but I prefer the clouds)

Not sure if Alien knows how to create new ani's or if these are basically converted ani's taken from the HTC HD phone...

Actually I just figured out how to fix that sunburst w/o getting that line. I will post a ss if I have any success...

Okay here you go "Fair" w/ a sunburst instead of the clouds and no blue line on top!

Edit the functions.js to match up w/ the "Yahoo" weather source image icon order and then edit the sunburst image .png to lay where you want...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-09-29 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

whtnite (2010-09-29), wim66 (2010-09-29)

excellent I think I will have to try that theme, any chance of getting a wiper animation for LAW?
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Many thanks for this! I keep on staring at the clouds on my springboard (mesmerised) :P
    Last edited by lao3hero; 2010-09-29 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    Is there no way for clouds (or any other animation) to just show on the springboard for a specified time. like 5 seconds, or a flicker (like Android) when you unlock your iPhone?
    Last edited by natrev; 2010-09-29 at 08:46 AM.

Sigh just clouds clouds clouds..
    i tried to edit function.js without success...
    just clouds in the animation..someone can help editing the file?

I played around with this a bit, and am not sure if this is of any help to you who see clouds only but, here is what I found:

What determines the animation sequence is in functions.js If you look in there you will find :
    var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","rain","rain","thunderstorm","thund erstorm","rain","ice","snowandice","ice","rain","i ce","rain","rain","snow","snow","heavysnow","snow" ,"ice","ice","fog","fog","fog","fog","cloud","clou d","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud" ,"moon","sun","fog","fog","rain","hot","thundersto rm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm"," heavysnow","snow","heavysnow","cloud","thunderstor m","snow","thunderstorm","blank"];

This shows the animation for each condition which you would find in yahooweather.js So, find out what the offending condition in yahooweather is and change the corresponding condition in functions.js to something you would prefer to see.

The only issue becomes if you use this widget along with another weather wideget which uses appleweatherstolen to determine the condition, as the two don't seem to show the same thing all the time. And the author of the other widget might have set a different picture to show for a given condition.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemanly View Post
    I played around with this a bit, and am not sure if this is of any help to you who see clouds only but, here is what I found:

What determines the animation sequence is in functions.js If you look in there you will find :
    var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","rain","rain","thunderstorm","thund erstorm","rain","ice","snowandice","ice","rain","i ce","rain","rain","snow","snow","heavysnow","snow" ,"ice","ice","fog","fog","fog","fog","cloud","clou d","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud" ,"moon","sun","fog","fog","rain","hot","thundersto rm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm"," heavysnow","snow","heavysnow","cloud","thunderstor m","snow","thunderstorm","blank"];

This shows the animation for each condition which you would find in yahooweather.js So, find out what the offending condition in yahooweather is and change the corresponding condition in functions.js to something you would prefer to see.

The only issue becomes if you use this widget along with another weather wideget which uses appleweatherstolen to determine the condition, as the two don't seem to show the same thing all the time. And the author of the other widget might have set a different picture to show for a given condition.

Hope this helps.
    Trying to fix but when i change conditions nothing happens..
    looking for help..

All I have a quetion
    its 8:13am here in Dallas TX, and it sunny, but it shows Clear which it is and the night mooon, Sunrise was at 7:15am this morning, is there a way to fix this as we move to changing our clocks in Nov and less daytime sunshine

Please advise where I can change this in the code and which file

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

What I did was to find the yahooweather condition for the time where things did not match, then went in yeahooweather.js and found where on the table it was, and change the corresponding weather animation quote.

For example if my weather condition was the third row in the yahooweather table, I changed the third animation in quotation from rain to something else.

At the moment, there are not too many animations, so there is bound to be some iffy animation attached to the corresponding weather.

At least that is how I reasoned it out in my mind. Myndwarrior is the man to answer all of these though.
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo1976 View Post
    Trying to fix but when i change conditions nothing happens..
    looking for help..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

dudemanly did a good job on explaining it better since each person's weather themes usually have individually created weather icons to match up either w/ the yahoo or accuweather source. So in order to have accuracy (since we are all at the mercy of the weather source we use) we literally need to babysit all the various weather conditions and create our weather icons to match to the weather condition "Description" that displays on the screen when the source updates. Since no two weather themes are the same anyone updating them to match w/ the animations that Alien and wyndwarrior has made avail for us really needs to look at (3) diff things:

1. The themers weather icon set.
    2. The Weather Source used in the theme.
    3. The functions.js

And then get to work! =)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-09-29 at 05:41 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

whtnite (2010-09-29)

How
    Bout we just copy the most accurate appleweather and function.js to the other widget?

OK, here's the second part of my explanation.

So a lot of people are confused as to how the conditions are determined and how to set your own weather condition (ex. nothing for fair)

Here's how it works:

Weather request sent -> Yahoo weather
    Yahoo weather responds -> obj.icon returns the current condition
    obj.icon is put into -> an array that determines the condition to display

If you open functions.js, half way down you should see a Conditions array:
    PHP Code:
    var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","rain","rain","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","rain","rain","snow","snow","rain","snow","rain","rain","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","fog","fog","fog","fog","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","sun","sun","fog","fog","rain","sun","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","snow","snow","snow","cloud","thunderstorm","snow","thunderstorm","blank"]; 
    It should look something like that ^

Now, obj.icon returns a number and this number is one of those conditions in the list above. If it returned 0 then you would have thunderstorms, if it returned 10 then you would have snow. (index for JavaScript arrays start from 0)

So if you were to change the first string in the array to rain, then you would get rain instead of thunderstorms. Simple?

All you need to know now are the original conditions that the weather source returns in order to change whichever condition you want to display on Dusk LAW.

PHP Code:
    //these are the original conditions
    var MiniIcons =
    [

"tstorm3",        //0    tornado

"tstorm3",        //1    tropical storm

"tstorm3",        //2    hurricane

"tstorm3",        //3    severe thunderstorms

"tstorm2",        //4    thunderstorms

"sleet",        //5    mixed rain and snow

"sleet",        //6    mixed rain and sleet

"sleet",        //7    mixed snow and sleet

"sleet",        //8    freezing drizzle

"light_rain",        //9    drizzle

"sleet",        //10    freezing rain

"shower2",        //11    showers

"shower2",        //12    showers

"snow1",        //13    snow flurries

"snow2",        //14    light snow showers

"snow4",        //15    blowing snow

"snow4",        //16    snow

"hail",     //17    hail

"sleet",        //18    sleet

"mist",     //19    dust

"fog",               //20    foggy

"fog",               //21    haze

"fog",               //22    smoky

"cloudy1",        //23    blustery

"cloudy1",        //24    windy

"overcast",        //25    cold

"cloudy1",        //26    cloudy

"cloudy4_night",    //27    mostly cloudy (night)

"cloudy4",        //28    mostly cloudy (day)

"cloudy2_night",    //29    partly cloudy (night)

"cloudy2",        //30    partly cloudy (day)

"sunny_night",    //31    clear (night)

"sunny",        //32    sunny

"mist_night",        //33    fair (night)

"mist",     //34    fair (day)

"hail",     //35    mixed rain and hail

"sunny",        //36    hot

"tstorm1",        //37    isolated thunderstorms

"tstorm2",        //38    scattered thunderstorms

"tstorm2",        //39    scattered thunderstorms

"tstorm2",        //40    scattered showers

"snow5",        //41    heavy snow

"snow3",        //42    scattered snow showers

"snow5",        //43    heavy snow

"cloudy1",        //44    Gedeeltelijk Bewolkt

"storm1",        //45    thundershowers

"snow2",        //46    snow showers

"tstorm1",        //47    isolated thundershowers

"dunno",        //3200    not available

As you can see, fair is number 33 and 34. If you wanted fair to display as blank then go back into functions.js where you have the Conditions array and count to the 34th and 35th values (remember you start from 0) and change "fog" to "blank".

The resulting array would look something like this:
    PHP Code:
    var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","rain","rain","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","rain","rain","snow","snow","rain","snow","rain","rain","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","snow","fog","fog","fog","fog","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","sun","sun","blank","blank","rain","sun","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","snow","snow","snow","cloud","thunderstorm","snow","thunderstorm","blank"]; 
    Once you update functions.js copy it to Dusk LAW (Add-on) and DUSK LAW (stand-alone). However if you changed "cloud" or "thunderstorm" then you will also have to edit the functions.js in Dusk LAW (Part 2) to match the one in the add-on version.

Part 2 is different, it only has clouds and thunderstorms

PHP Code:
    var Conditions = ["thunderstorm","","","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","cloud","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","blank","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","thunderstorm","blank","blank","blank","cloud","thunderstorm","blank","thunderstorm","blank"]; 
    Part 2 conditions ^

If you changed a cloud condition in part one to something else, then you would also have to change the cloud condition in part 2 to to "blank". Same with thunderstorms. If you changed a condition to "cloud" in part 1 then you will also have to change same condition from "blank" to "cloud"

I hope this clears everything up, if you have more questions, feel free to post.

Also, I am working on a css wiper animation. (which I'm hoping to complete by 10/9/10) And it will be released as an update to Dusk LAW, free of charge

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-09-29), FiVe5tArPlAy3r (2010-09-29), henftling (2010-09-30), Huaikong (2010-09-30), jepp376 (2010-10-07), natrev (2010-09-30), romg78 (2010-09-30), whtnite (2010-09-30), ziggy7 (2010-09-30)

Rock on with the wiper animation, I think that post should clear things up, Thanks wynd, speaking of Wynd, are there any Wynd (breeze) animations??

OK, question: Mini icons are not used for the Add-on theme, just animations, correct?

And, how we can change how often each animation runs, they seem to be at about 10 seconds, then repeat.. Thanks

OK so #//30 in yahooWeather is partly cloudy(day), which is what my HTC displays for text, in function.js #30 [from 0-47] in LAW ADD-on I have as "cloudy" but is animating sun?? any ideas?

Also RClouds and FClouds, I imagine those are front and rear? maybe one for fog, are we using both of those with this theme? I think one may be for fog, correct?

did everything as instructed, even made sure all the realfeel's were all the same=off, changed my MiniIcon in my HTC weather clock to another icon set, which still displays the wrong one...uhhh, does anyone want to try to have a look at this to see what is going on, I email my themes zipped.

OMG, so I moved my HTC weather above part2 which is above add-on, now I have a nice partly cloudy, sun animation behind cloud mini icon from HTC, but still not working like it is supposed to. I have to update interval at 15 mins and have resprung so it gets reloaded.

OK so partly cloudy is also //44, now Im getting mostly clear. where is this #??

mostly clear is in apple accuweather, my configure is set to yahooWeather, WTF?

sorry for this rambling post, will edit it when I get this staightened out

ok, so my HTC clock was configured to yahoo but was reading appleaccu because it was first in the folder (alphabetically or whatever); just tested to verify, OK so now my HTC is definetly displaying yahoo weather, same as LAW,thats good.

OK now I should be good, will have to wait to make sure.
    If my post is junk, I'll be happy to remove, but think this might help someone, my configureme.js was set to yahoo, but was reading applestolen because it was first in folder most likely.

can anyone upload a yahooweather that gets Low and Highs?, I tried following a macforums thread with no success.
    Thank You
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 2010-09-30 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Wimm...is there any way to get the clouds to go behind the weather widget...like the clouds are behind the icons, but go over the widget.

Hey your icons look great, could you send me what you have please? i made loads but yours look better

Thanks

Show me what ya have so far. =)

My iPhone is a Part of Me romg78's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 413 Posts

Thx Wynd for the explanations...

it could be really cool if someone (who succeed in the changes) post the modified files.
    i like to have the "sun" animation when fair.
    i tried but without good results that the reason why it could be so great if someone can post a config.js

EDIT : OK I SUCCEED
    PERFECT
    many thx
    Last edited by romg78; 2010-10-01 at 02:07 AM.

Wyndwarrior or anyone

Question, what file do I modify so that it show the correct image for time
    Let me explain
    I am in Dallas TX, sunsets at 7:15pm now and comes up at 7:15am
    Anyhow the picture does not turn to night moon untill 8:15pm seems to be 1 hour off same in morning, so what file do I need to go into and where do I modify it

Thanks so much for your help
    Last edited by dallasnights; 2010-10-01 at 04:13 AM.
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

Show me what ya have so far. =)
    I just reapplied my class icons and it looks like they are very similar. I just dont have very many lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0394.png  

Quote Originally Posted by romg78 View Post
    Thx Wynd for the explanations...

it could be really cool if someone (who succeed in the changes) post the modified files.
    i like to have the "sun" animation when fair.
    i tried but without good results that the reason why it could be so great if someone can post a config.js

EDIT : OK I SUCCEED
    PERFECT
    many thx
    Maybe u can explain how u succeed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifttricker View Post
    I just reapplied my class icons and it looks like they are very similar. I just dont have very many lol
    I'll try and zip them up for you this weekend...they are only in silver, no blue =)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck1969 For This Useful Post:

swifttricker (2010-10-01)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast