Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA] Dusk - LIVE Animated Weather [LAW]

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple View Post
    Ok so along with others its working nice...no lag issues...BUT I can only get the clouds to show! I changed my weather location and it is Sunny here in NY but all i get is clouds! And i just noticed in everybodies screenshots thats all they have as well.

I see that there is a wallpaper.html within the clouds animation folder and theres not one in the sunrays folder..."not sure if it makes a difference" I took the one from the clouds folder and renamed everything to point towards the sunrays but with no luck I still get clouds!

Clouds is the first animation within that whole folder so Iam guessing its reading the first folder and not actually being "live"!

If this is just me then let me know what Iam doing wrong please!

I did want to mention that I have and HTC Hero right next to my idevice and the weather animation is WAY SICKER in this widget then the actual HTC so Real NICE JOB there! but lets get this working in real time =)
    Ye the hero has such a low speed cpu that the animations are pretty ghetto... Then again so did my eris till I got it to a 1 GHz clock speed lolz

TBH both sources can be odd... I dont remember who it was but one of my personal friends (A true HTML wizard) actually figured out on combining both sources last year.. It was soo complex it hurt my eyes. But he got rid of his iphone last year so yeh none of that for us lol.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 2010-09-21 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there any way to use "Blank" for the condition Clear or Fair? I think I would rather have nothing on my screen and then animations if there is significant weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherball66 View Post
    I noticed that Accuweather is mentioned in the sources. Is there any way to direct it there instead of Yahoo? It does look like they use the word "fair" for everything.

BTW, Looks great and so far so good. Here is my latest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    How did you get a different wallpaper? Mind sharing that one?

Can you create a white clock version as well for release

Thanks for the great work look forward to trying
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

All I see are clouds scrolling by on my screen. It's raining where i am and my weather clock widget says its raining, but i still only see clouds scrolling by. I thought there was an animation for rain, snow, thunderstorms?

I'm thinking it must be some kinda bug with the clouds, it's been sunny here allday but I still get the clouds crossing

me too, hopefully the weather file can me edited for more sun etc.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    How did you get a different wallpaper? Mind sharing that one?
    Here is the wallpaper but I have different themes. I am using the Black Animated Clock widget and that is where this wallpaper goes. You will need to resize it 320x480 though. I also have the Nine HD theme and of course this weather.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pherball66 For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (2010-09-22)

Dusk LAW (add on) only works with zip codes. I tried two different codes from Yahoo for Ottawa, Ont. and no animation. I tried the closest American town's zip code and got animations back.

What's up with that?

I changed the weather source to Accuweather and it seems to almost work perfectly.
    Last edited by plural; 2010-09-22 at 02:42 PM.

weather seems to be going mad ive got lightning on my phone now and its sunny outside lol
    Last edited by can7; 2010-09-22 at 06:52 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me whtnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plural View Post
    Dusk LAW (add on) only works with zip codes. I tried two different codes from Yahoo for Ottawa, Ont. and no animation. I tried the closest American town's zip code and got animations back.

What's up with that?

I changed the weather source to Accuweather and it seems to almost work perfectly.
    How did you change the source and what/where did you? Thanks!

I am using dusk law add on and am in Ottawa, Ontario. Animation shows up and it is all good.

SSH into your phone or use iFile. Go to /Library/Themes
    Look fo Dusk LAW (Add on), go into that theme and look for function.js
    Look for "var source =" and put appleAccuweatherStolen in place of what is there now.
    Now, go back into Dusk LAW (add on) folder and look for locationHere.js and put in your zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemanly View Post
    I am using dusk law add on and am in Ottawa, Ontario. Animation shows up and it is all good.
    Which weather source are you using in Dusk LAW Add on?
    Yahoo or Accuweather?
    I changed to Accuweather last night and the animation was accurate to what the weather was, but today i've got the lightning animation when its been sunny/cloudy here in Ottawa all day.

What do you have in your locationHere.js for a location code?

Thanks
    Last edited by plural; 2010-09-22 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to plural For This Useful Post:

jepp376 (2010-10-06)

I have not changed anything in the dusk law add-on except for the actual location code which I set to CAXX0343

WyndWarrior,

Your animated weather works great, and I think we can add animation condititions to it easily. For example, 2 nights ago it was clear here and the moon was out, I got the moon with the HTC plugin I was using, but I was getting sunrays for your animation.

I took the sunray animation file, opened it and change the color temperature to cool, which would look nice with the moon.

Only problem was, I was not sure what part of which file I needed to edit to add the night condition. Can you tell me where to do that?

Thanks

Ive still only seen clouds....its been about a week or so and I have only seen clouds, but its been sunny...raining...ect.ect..I even changed it to Houston were I lived before and am moving too in a week and still just clouds...IDK maybee its just me

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,298 Posts

^^ I had rain here the other day..and the animation worked fine

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy7 For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (2010-09-25)

release still on track for tomorrow sep.25??
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Thanks

Release! Release! Release! Today is the release day....Been waiting for this all day

Any update on this theme release?!!
    Last edited by aldech; 2010-09-26 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol yay!!! its cloudy haha

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast