Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA] Dusk - LIVE Animated Weather [LAW]

Ok so along with others its working nice...no lag issues...BUT I can only get the clouds to show! I changed my weather location and it is Sunny here in NY but all i get is clouds! And i just noticed in everybodies screenshots thats all they have as well.

I see that there is a wallpaper.html within the clouds animation folder and theres not one in the sunrays folder..."not sure if it makes a difference" I took the one from the clouds folder and renamed everything to point towards the sunrays but with no luck I still get clouds!

Clouds is the first animation within that whole folder so Iam guessing its reading the first folder and not actually being "live"!

If this is just me then let me know what Iam doing wrong please!

I did want to mention that I have and HTC Hero right next to my idevice and the weather animation is WAY SICKER in this widget then the actual HTC so Real NICE JOB there! but lets get this working in real time =)

Failing means yer playin! ziggy7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,298 Posts

Works great!! A wee bit of lag but then again I've got a 3G
    Great work!!!!

someone can share the link for me???please

Hi love your work. I would love to test your htc Iclocktopia on my iPhone 4 so if you could send me a download i would love that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeApple;
    Ok so along with others its working nice...no lag issues...BUT I can only get the clouds to show! I changed my weather location and it is Sunny here in NY but all i get is clouds! And i just noticed in everybodies screenshots thats all they have as well.

I see that there is a wallpaper.html within the clouds animation folder and theres not one in the sunrays folder..."not sure if it makes a difference" I took the one from the clouds folder and renamed everything to point towards the sunrays but with no luck I still get clouds!

Clouds is the first animation within that whole folder so Iam guessing its reading the first folder and not actually being "live"!

If this is just me then let me know what Iam doing wrong please!

I did want to mention that I have and HTC Hero right next to my idevice and the weather animation is WAY SICKER in this widget then the actual HTC so Real NICE JOB there! but lets get this working in real time =)
    I too am only getting the clouds and not the sun rays when it says sunny. I changed the location in the Add on and now I am getting the "Fog" Animations when it is sunny.
    Last edited by Pherball66; 2010-09-20 at 07:40 PM.

ok ive been running this for a few hours with no lag at all i to have clouds but is it cloudy here lol ill check to see if it changes.can someone tell me how i change the clock numbers from white to black please thanks

its ok i found it
    Last edited by can7; 2010-09-20 at 09:50 PM.

Default Beta Tester
    I would love to test this awesome theme. Please send me the link.
    Thank you very much,
    Burley

My iPhone is a Part of Me jon347's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone figure out how to fix the sun rays? I keep getting clouds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 and would love to test this out for you

My suggestion is make a PSD so we can change the wallpaper to whatever we want. Keep the clock background and whatnot as a separate layer so we can just put whatever we want to replace the purple/black you used

Zip code bug is fixed. Sunrays are not broken. If weather.com says cloudy then it's cloudy.

So here's how Dusk LAW works:

Widget triggers onLoad() function -> AJAX request is sent to Yahoo weather, using your zip code -> Yahoo returns current condition as a number -> Number placed into array and set as condition -> Condition is displayed on screen. Yahoo weather (TheWeatherNetwork) isn't always accurate. It might be sunny outside but Yahoo says it's cloudy and that's what the widget will display.

How to know if Dusk LAW is displaying the correct weather:

Enable both LAW and the clock widget, they must be set to the same location (keep in mind, the clock widget uses a different location format, you cannot just put your zip code like you did in LAW, if you do then it will return a different location) Once you have both widgets enabled, compare the Icon on the clock to the Condition displayed. If it's partly cloudy then it will display clouds! If it's fair then it will display fog (I'm not sure where this came from, but notice the icon for fair is similar to the fog icon. So I decided to use fog for fair). If LAW is matching the icon (or sometimes description), then it should be right.

Another thing, if you want customization options for the clock widget, look here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...s-weather.html

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-09-21), FreeApple (2010-09-21), It's Mi (2010-10-05), Scrape (2010-12-06), ziggy7 (2010-09-21)

anyone have any idea how I might get 3 html themes working together in winterboard?

LAW is Wallpaper. html, my animated HTC clock is Widget.html and I have an animated wallpaper that is Wallpaper.html

Is this even possible?

P.S. Add the wipers plug-in... pleeeease. Thanks
    Last edited by chrisrotolo; 2010-09-21 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me whtnite's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok got it installed and looks great!! Check my screenshot and see if it's correct I'm sure it is cause it's "fair" so therefor the clouds. I wished if it was sunny they wouldn't describe it as fair like it always seems to do, but my question is should there be a sun showing with the animated clouds?
    Also when I use the standalone with a theme it uses my lockscreen wallpaper as the home wallpaper and I can't seem to change it so I can have a theme with just the animation. isn't that what the Dusk Law checked in the top of winterboard by itself should do.....confused as it seems your screenshot on page 1 shows this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    anyone have any idea how I might get 3 html themes working together in winterboard?

LAW is Wallpaper. html, my animated HTC clock is Widget.html and I have an animated wallpaper that is Wallpaper.html

Is this even possible?

P.S. Add the wipers plug-in... pleeeease. Thanks
    The add-on version of Dusk LAW uses widget.html. Put that on top of your clock in winterboard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wyndwarrior For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-09-21)

Any chance I could test this out? I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

ill give it a test. im making an android theme so this would look awesome. mind sending me a beta?
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

I noticed that Accuweather is mentioned in the sources. Is there any way to direct it there instead of Yahoo? It does look like they use the word "fair" for everything.

BTW, Looks great and so far so good. Here is my latest.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Pherball66; 2010-09-21 at 03:05 AM.

Anyone mind sending me the files/

yeah we need to find a way to use yahoo weather instead becuase i always get FAIR for all my weather conditions

I did figure out how to get it to point to accuweather but then it puts the sunshine ray on the moon. lol

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast