Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA] Dusk - LIVE Animated Weather [LAW]

@Ian,

I also use TimelessHD and am blown away by your work. Can I get a copy of your files/setup, please? I am willing to DONATE to the "cause"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks for this,
    I modded it for the TimelessHD theme, made it smaller, a lot slower, changed the snow, lovin it

@Ian

I looked for you setup "a few pages back" but, couldn't find it. Anyway I can get your setup? I am using TimelessHD and your MOD is tight.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jtskinz; 2010-11-06 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jtskinz View Post
    @Ian,

I also use TimelessHD and am blown away by your work. Can I get a copy of your files/setup, please? I am willing to DONATE to the "cause"

@Ian

I looked for you setup "a few pages back" but, couldn't find it. Anyway I can get your setup? I am using TimelessHD and your MOD is tight.

Thanks!
    PM sent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

jtskinz (2010-11-06)

Default Thanks - almost got it
    @Ian

I think everything is set correctly. Just not seing the weather animation? I have included screenies.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

**Found the error of my ways** Thanks again!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1618.png   -img_1619.png  
    Last edited by jtskinz; 2010-11-06 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskinz View Post
    @Ian

I think everything is set correctly. Just not seing the weather animation? I have included screenies.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

**Found the error of my ways** Thanks again!!
    Glad you got it working, if you don't like the phone icon and you don't like the arrow at the botton then use this overlay and replace the dock image with the one in the attached zip file. it goes in the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder (it's a transparent image but it is their)

I also moved my clock into my Apps folder so you don't see the mane on the home screen.

Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2010-11-07 at 03:04 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

jtskinz (2010-11-07)

@Ian,

Worked like a champ, Thanks!!

I don't mind the clock verbage on the homescreen, kinda blends in with your MOD. The arrow was less desirable though . I like the phone-shield just wish it was an icon and not part of the background. I use Infinidoc so, I chose one of my own

Do I dare ask what your "Lockscreen" looks like??

Again hats off to you and Blue, Awesome theme and MOD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -no-arrow.png  

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

This add-on is sweet

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you got it working, if you don't like the phone icon and you don't like the arrow at the botton then use this overlay and replace the dock image with the one in the attached zip file. it goes in the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder (it's a transparent image but it is their)

I also moved my clock into my Apps folder so you don't see the mane on the home screen.

Your mod and additions rock, can I please also get your setup to add to my timeless theme?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Default u r the best!
    hey man i just tested it on my iphone 4 and it looks great!!! thenx for ur hard work man ur the best!!!
    -img_0183-1-.png

11. The Following User Says Thank You to my1past1is1ur1future For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2010-11-08)

this thing is awsome but...how can i make it update every minute? i've put it on my iphone in the mornin so it showed sunrise, but when it was late night, it still show me sunrise....so i have to respring my iphone so the theme update itself... plz help???

iPhone? More like MyPhone donaglia's Avatar
    Thanks

hello!why do I have only something like fog in my iphone 4?

- I didn't find a code for my town in italy,when I tried with the "cap"( the code you use in weather.com to find a town's weather ) the screen remained white without any weather -

- the "fog" you can see from the screenshot is coming maybe automatically with the codes of typophone weather or helvecia theme...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0045.png  
    Last edited by donaglia; 2010-11-09 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks

- I didn't find a code for my town in italy,when I tried with the "cap"( the code you use in weather.com to find a town's weather ) the screen remained white without any weather -

- the "fog" you can see from the screenshot is coming maybe automatically with the codes of typophone weather or helvecia theme...
    Last edited by donaglia; 2010-11-09 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donaglia View Post

What code are you using for the other weather? Use the same one for the animated weather.

The best way to find you code is... Go to Yahoo Weather.com website, type in your city & country, when it is showing the weather in your correct location then press "5 day forecast" You will notice in the address bar your code in capital letters... use that.

If you are stuck then post your exact location here and I'll find it for you.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

donaglia (2010-11-09)

Thanks

What code are you using for the other weather? Use the same one for the animated weather.

The best way to find you code is... Go to Yahoo Weather.com website, type in your city & country, when it is showing the weather in your correct location then press "5 day forecast" You will notice in the address bar your code in capital letters... use that.

If you are stuck then post your exact location here and I'll find it for you.

...yeah very thank you!!and obviously thank to Wyndwarrior for this amazing and useful thing!

now here is raining,and my iPhone 4 screenlooks wet in its helvecia theme under the drops of wyndwarrior ahahh!!!

- do we have lightnings too??!?

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

How would i slow down the intervals between animations?

ATTENTION WYNDWARRIOR:
    After looking in cydia today I noticed a theme called Bliss Live Weather HD that STOLE this widget from you and alien and put into his own theme ontop of his widget to sell as his own for $1.50

It makes me sick to see this kinda crap in cydia but Ive seen it before with people ripping off of legitimate work and selling it as their own. Hes also dumb enough to call it HD even though the weather isnt HD.

His email from cydia is [email protected] if you want to contact him but I already emailed him informing him that he is ripping your work and selling it as his own and that he should immediately update it to get rid of it and refund the money to the people that already purchased it or else I will have saurik or MMi pull it

His reply:
    I never put that theme up.

And now everyone is contacting me about it! I already told Kyle about it.

Doreen
    Nevermind:
    By the way the widget is "HTC" animations not Aliens. But somebody posted my theme without my permission that has the Bliss Live Weather HD "not" the HTC Animation so I sent several emails to Kyle to find out why it is up on cydia and now everyone is asking "me" to help them set up my theme because "my" theme is the Live Weather wallpapers "not" the HTC animation that was posted w/ my theme! So I am veryyyy upset!
    I know and now everyone is sending me a ton of Help me! Help me! and I feel like telling them go get help from the person that is collecting your money!

But the problem is the Bliss Live Weather HD part is mine but the HTC animations was not included in my theme "and" I never posted it up on Cydia!

So I'm waiting for a response from Kyle to see what is going on and have him take it down immediately.
    Nonetheless I still think the animated weather involved is DUSK LAW.
    Screenshot:
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-11-09 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Whether I'm using the DUSK Standalone or the Add-on + 2 I'm still only getting fog.

I've changed all the location.js files to my US location which is 74601 but it still stays as fog.

Can anyone advise what I'm missing?

I'm also using the Elite Pro HD theme if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,820 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craiggiarc View Post
    Whether I'm using the DUSK Standalone or the Add-on + 2 I'm still only getting fog.

I've changed all the location.js files to my US location which is 74601 but it still stays as fog.

Can anyone advise what I'm missing?

I'm also using the Elite Pro HD theme if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

Craig
    Look at the first post of this thread and look for & read the following.

If you open functions.js, half way down you should see a Conditions array:

You need to change some of the conditions line up in the junctions.js file. I think i changed about 4-5 on mine. Plus you may want to change the resource of the weather, I think by default this is setup to report from yahoo weather, but you can go into the file and change it to Accuweather.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Look at the first post of this thread and look for & read the following.

If you open functions.js, half way down you should see a Conditions array:

You need to change some of the conditions line up in the junctions.js file. I think i changed about 4-5 on mine. Plus you may want to change the resource of the weather, I think by default this is setup to report from yahoo weather, but you can go into the file and change it to Accuweather.

Hope this helps
    How do I know which of the conditions to change?

I changed the YahooWeather variable in the function.js file to accuweather and that had no effect, still shows as fog!

Thanks in advance

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craiggiarc View Post
    How do I know which of the conditions to change?

I changed the YahooWeather variable in the function.js file to accuweather and that had no effect, still shows as fog!

Thanks in advance

Craig
    Its the 2 fogs almost to the bottom I changed them to cloud and it worked

My iPhone is a Part of Me JLKeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default A little help needed...
    Greetings, modmyi crew - I've been lurking the forums here for awhile and have finally decided to register. This thread has really caught my eye. Could one of you kind people please explain to me exactly how to install this onto my device (iP4, 4.1)? I notice that there's a download, but what do I do afterwards? Perhaps, there's a repo via Cydia for this Dusk LAW that i've incidentally overlooked? I much appreciate, thank you in advance, and great work, wyndwarrior!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast