Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Paged theming on iPhone 4 iOS 4 for every device!

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Real Paged theming on iPhone 4 iOS 4 for every device!
    Everybody has begun the search for paged theming on iOS4. well there is a very simple solution to it. First, you will need to download Simple Background from cydia, it is free and also works well with android themes. What you need to do is create a long background with each page smushed together in 1 photo.

example-

click the picture to see the full image

Once you have simple background downloaded, you will have to use these settings:

You could include the preferences in a theme, automatically making the settings correct.

PS: mods, please make this a sticky.
    PPS: MAking paged theming will also take patience and trial and error. it is incredibly easy to misalign the photos in the picture.
    Last edited by deathbybunnies6; 2010-08-28 at 07:42 PM.
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deathbybunnies6 For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-10-21), DA_GHOST (2010-08-29), henftling (2010-08-28), holdemdogg (2010-08-28), kevin.e.white (2010-09-13), Maarten16 (2010-08-28), nomercy413 (2010-08-30), RedEye2006 (2010-09-05), SirTimothy1 (2010-08-28), tails4 (2011-04-12), TheEnigma (2011-05-08), unoimkll (2011-01-24)

Thanks alot for the info I'll give it a try!!!!

This crashed my phone I did a search and it has crashed many many iphone4 devices

How to unistall if your apps open in a small window without restoring

Go to settings and got to activater select safemode then a shoirt cut like short hold close

then hold the home button till it puts your phone in safe mode then go to cydia and unistall simple background and respring your phone will be back to normal again

yes I know how do i use settings if my window is so small touch around and you will see you can still select things just not in the right spot takes a little pratice lol
    Last edited by holdemdogg; 2010-08-28 at 07:50 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holdemdogg For This Useful Post:

dallasnights (2010-09-13), Maarten16 (2010-08-28)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

mods. please post this as a sticky. it works great on 4.1 i can now use my android theme again
    ---edit---
    after a few days i also got holdemdogg's problem too

uninstalled now (works fine on 3gs 3.1.3 tho, no need to since per page wallpapers work on 3.x :P)
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 2010-08-29 at 08:05 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

I have not had a crash on my phone yet. It may be conflicting with another app you have installed. Otherwise it should be working fine. The only known issue vie had with it is the wallpaper covering up the icons in the app switcher
    My Themes

So much better than my workaround.

PS It's called Simple Background, not Simple Wallpaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    So much better than my workaround.

PS It's called Simple Background, not Simple Wallpaper
    Believe me, your way is also a very good alternative, but what people want is speed. If they dont have the money to buy CategoriesSB, categories loads rather slow.Right now however it is more useful because we don't have springjumps on iOS4 yet.
    My Themes

I don't have the money for CategoriesSB, I'm using Categories.

I wish this way could keep the wallpaper and have different page wallpapers on top. So transparent areas would show the wallpaper.

couldn't you just label them page0.png, page1.png, page2.png so on and so forth? Or is that disabled in 4.x?
    if not then [email protected] etc. etc.?

and to SirTimothy1 above, if you have winterboard you should be able to have one theme that has partial transparent background then a theme below that that has whatever you'd like to show up behind that background and it should be overlayed so the top theme appears to be above the bottom one.

it's EASY to align and combine pics on photoshop cs4
    they pretty much snap into place lol

if the wallpaper covers the icons in the app switcher, respring. that's what i did and it fit perfectly thereafter

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

This looks promising as a temporary solution.
    #eli7e revived me

Quote Originally Posted by holdemdogg View Post
    Thanks alot for the info I'll give it a try!!!!

This crashed my phone I did a search and it has crashed many many iphone4 devices

How to unistall if your apps open in a small window without restoring

Go to settings and got to activater select safemode then a shoirt cut like short hold close

then hold the home button till it puts your phone in safe mode then go to cydia and unistall simple background and respring your phone will be back to normal again

yes I know how do i use settings if my window is so small touch around and you will see you can still select things just not in the right spot takes a little pratice lol
    I ran into the same problem, but used SBSettings to get into safe mode rather than trying to struggle with navigating settings/activator with 1/4 of the screen. Toggle SBSettings, hit the power button and in the pop-up choose to restart in safe mode. From there you can do the usual Cydia - uninstall procedure.

Not sure about all of you but it does not work with my theme. i have a weather widget and set up a a random wallpaper and it does not show. only shows when i open a folder. anybody know what might be the issue. maybe something in the html code for the weather widget?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salmedina87 View Post
    Not sure about all of you but it does not work with my theme. i have a weather widget and set up a a random wallpaper and it does not show. only shows when i open a folder. anybody know what might be the issue. maybe something in the html code for the weather widget?

Isn't the wallpaper part of the HTML widget? So it overlays the one you've selected through settings.
    Anyway, what theme is that you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by salmedina87 View Post

WOW! Whats the theme name?

how do i get the picture in the settings? where do i put my background pic after ive created it?

Thanks

You have to make a picture, sync it on your phone, then, while setting your wallpaper in the photos app,select simple background.
    My Themes

damn i got it to reconize the background but i never got any pages andnow my phone is bricked i think this is what it did
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1289.png  

are you on ios4?
    you have to set the wallpaper by choosing a pic from your picture folder.

best to mail it to yourself
    save it and set as simple background.

My question is how do you know what size to cut your pics?
    i have a 3gs 4.0 which has a res of 320x480
    ive made a wallpaper consisting of 11 pages = 3520x480
    but still simple background doesn't scale it correctly (with 1.00)

any ideas guys?
    Last edited by busterben; 2010-09-13 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnoughgreg View Post
    damn i got it to reconize the background but i never got any pages andnow my phone is bricked i think this is what it did
    That 1/4 size screen when apps open happened to me a few days ago. I had to restore, but do you know what could have caused it? Before it happened to me the camera and photo apps would open up and only show a black screen, then the gps wouldn't locate me in maps. I didn't know anyone else had the same problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast