Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview/WIP] iPhOSXne 4

SirTimothy1 :
    You do real nice work !!!!

thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zesteph For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (2010-12-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any chance of it being aviable for the the 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by LiamG View Post
    Any chance of it being aviable for the the 3G?
    Not this theme, sorry. The newer Leopard theme I'm working on will be more of an OSX port and will be for all iPhones on iOS 4.1. I hope that makes up for it

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

I think landscape is alot better than portrait...
    It Takes One To Know One

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks great!
    For anything SB-HTML or Themeing based help feel free to MSG me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

NOOOOOOOOO!

Not another iPhone only theme! Why isn't there a GOOD one for iPod touch (4G)!

i dont get it - when i put icons in categories... how are you getting them aligned on the left? i cant add iblanks to categories.

I feel like there is a lot left out in the instructions - it skips around. Can someone please help me with the above question?
    Last edited by Y2HBK; 2011-01-15 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post
    i dont get it - when i put icons in categories... how are you getting them aligned on the left? i cant add iblanks to categories.

I feel like there is a lot left out in the instructions - it skips around. Can someone please help me with the above question?
    They get aligned to the left by changing the Rows (L/R Only) to 3 or 4 depending on the Category. Scroll down in the instructions for pictures of the settings for the different Categories.
    You can't put blanks inside Categories unfortunately, but you can put Categories inside Categories. That is why you needed to create Categories named " ", " ", " ", etc. They appear to have no name and are themed to be transparent, acting just like iblanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    They get aligned to the left by changing the Rows (L/R Only) to 3 or 4 depending on the Category. Scroll down in the instructions for pictures of the settings for the different Categories.
    You can't put blanks inside Categories unfortunately, but you can put Categories inside Categories. That is why you needed to create Categories named " ", " ", " ", etc. They appear to have no name and are themed to be transparent, acting just like iblanks.
    This is what I cant find. Little "i" icon where? All the little "i" icons in categories just take me to help pages.

9. To finish off the three categories, open them one at a time and click the little “i” in the bottom right corner. The settings for the finder menu are: off, off, on, on, on, 4, -, Finder Icons. And the settings for Dashboard are: off, off, on, on, on, 3, -, Finder Icons.

I am on the latest version of categories I see in Cydia and I dont see any of the options listed in my categories that yours shows.
    Last edited by Y2HBK; 2011-01-15 at 06:49 PM.

There is nothing in the bottom right, just an ad at the very bottom of the page and my list of applications that are inside that category.

If I click on edit, then go into the category here are my options:

Background Image
    -Use Background Image
    -Show behind status bar
    -Show behind dock
    Title Bar
    -Show title bar
    -Use title bar image
    General Appearance
    -Animate open/close
    -Hide dock
    -Show badge
    Control
    -Scroll Horizontal
    -Scroll by pages
    -wipe to close

Each of those has an "i" next to it but it only takes me to a help page. I am on categories version 2.99.9-2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Y2HBK For This Useful Post:

fabio m (2011-01-18)

Launch the Categories you made from your springboard (not Categories.app, but Dashboard.app, Macintosh HD.app, .app). When they open, there should be the i in the bottom right corner.

I launched the categories straight from the springboard - there is no "I" anywhere. The contents of the category and the dock are there, thats it.

Then I don't know. I have the same version of Categories as you but they have different features... Do you have Categories SB by chance?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

Y2HBK (2011-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    Then I don't know. I have the same version of Categories as you but they have different features... Do you have Categories SB by chance?
    Imagine that - thats what the issue was. Categories SB was overwriting everything else.

Still cant get the theme to work, however. I followed the instructions and copied the theme to the themes folder. When I turn the theme on and it resprings, the dashboard icon changes and thats it. None of the others do.

On top of that, when I launch dashboard for example despite making the adjustments listed in the instructions via the little "i" - I see the background of the theme... but i still see the original icons:

Web clip, Webclip
    Clock, Weather
    Stocks, Notes

Tried toggling summerboard on/off - no difference. I used the 4.0 download as thats still the version of iOS im on.

At this stage I think Im just going to call it quits. Ive worked with a lot of themes that can be difficult to set up like iphone 7 black for example - but this one just seems to have a ridiculous degree of difficulty to it. The steps are very simple, but the theme just doesn't seem to work right.

Here is what my home screen looks like after applying the theme and moving everything where it should be. I have tried both the advanced and basic setups now.

Last edited by Y2HBK; 2011-01-19 at 02:47 AM.

Sorry it didn't work for you
    If you are still looking for an OS X theme, I'm working on Snow Leopard 4 Ultimatum which is much easier to set up and doesn't require categories inside of categories. If not, there are plenty of great themes here on ModMyi.

how do i change the wallpaper in the "finder" and "dashboard" folders to match the rock wallpaper i have set for home and lock screen. also how can i get the HDD icon to display where the macintosh folder is? ive also seen a HDD with a down arrow to replace for cydia, how do i do that?? thanks in advance

Ok I got the dashboard and finder folders to work. Can someone help me with the hdd icons pls
    Last edited by chief_bignut; 2011-01-20 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you're using folder enhancer, you can't replace the folder with the HDD icon. You can change the Cydia icon by replacing the com.saurik.Cydia bundle with the one attached. The dashboard and finder folders will still have the default Cydia icon as their wallpaper, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok so then Cydia is fine as is. Now is there a way to keep the same or similar grouping without using folder enhancer (I am using it ATM ) thanks for the quick reply

By grouping im referring to the Macintosh hd folder
    Last edited by chief_bignut; 2011-01-20 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by chief_bignut View Post
    Ok so then Cydia is fine as is. Now is there a way to keep the same or similar grouping without using folder enhancer (I am using it ATM ) thanks for the quick reply

By grouping im referring to the Macintosh hd folder
    You could use SpringJumps to replace the central Macintosh HD folder, but it would require you use Photoshop to make a wallpaper that works on that page.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast