Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2790

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @ [email protected]

Thanks for the great suggestion about starting afresh. It is actually nice to have done this now that most of the hard stuff has been completed.

I had a little trouble with the Messenger app reorbing but renaming (or removing)it from the glass orb bundles fixed that so it orbs.

However, I seem to have become brain dead here on the biteSMS showing up thusly. Over 6 hours on this little iphone screen has done me in.

regards
    richard

p.s. Just for fun I restored my phone just after jailbreaking it. Wanted to see if restore works.... I'm ocd.... it works. It's just nice to file that information away to soothe my mind.
    LOL...I know your feeling, I have been restoring, reloading, rebooting and god knows what else all friggin day...BRAIN IS DEAD!!!

Put your bitesms bundle in the glass dock folder and reboot, not respring

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

rebraun (2010-10-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default my3g and limera1n
    my3g = is not compatible with limera1n

edit: nor is Facetime !!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    LOL...I know your feeling, I have been restoring, reloading, rebooting and god knows what else all friggin day...BRAIN IS DEAD!!!

Put your bitesms bundle in the glass dock folder and reboot, not respring
    but of course
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-10-11 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So it appears the majority of people here are making it ra1n! I think I will wait a week or so before I update to 4.1 I am quite satisfied with my phone as it is. It is just nice to get feedback from the people who actually took the plunge!

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Donut View Post
    So it appears the majority of people here are making it ra1n! I think I will wait a week or so before I update to 4.1 I am quite satisfied with my phone as it is. It is just nice to get feedback from the people who actually took the plunge!
    Not sure what you will accomplish by waiting
    GreenPoison is not going to be released so that the second exploit is protected and saved for the next hardware update.
    Any new updates to limera1n can still be applied by just re-jailbreaking but so far, version 4 has been flawless for me. I have been rebooting, repringing, installing, downloading and recoding all day long (literally 8 hours worth) and have not had one single crash.
    My only error has come at the start up of Cydia because it is being hit so hard. This would be the only reason to wait and allow things to settle.

Obviously its your choice and I wish you luck in whichever endeavor you choose

Thanks

I've had one crash during a reboot, which isn't bad considering scores of times I've rebooted today.

[email protected].. I had already done what you suggested except I did not remove the bitsms bundle from the Theme bundle when I placed it in the glass orb bundle.

These are the results, the first one when I moved it from the Theme bundles to the Glass Orb Bundles, it's orbed. You pink icon renamed appropriately yields the second thumbnail.

Like you its been about 8 hours, but I'm totally burned out for the day...

regards
    richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -orbed.png   -not-orbed.png  

GreenPoison is not going to be released so that the second exploit is protected and saved for the next hardware update.
    Any new updates to limera1n can still be applied by just re-jailbreaking but so far, version 4 has been flawless for me. I have been rebooting, repringing, installing, downloading and recoding all day long (literally 8 hours worth) and have not had one single crash.
    My only error has come at the start up of Cydia because it is being hit so hard. This would be the only reason to wait and allow things to settle.

Oh I'm going to jb alright I'm just waiting for this limestorm to die down a bit lol, damn cydia is being overloaded right now

Is anyone else having problems with the text bubbles not being blue after upgrading to 4.1? Also after upgrading, cannot get wallpapers to automatically install to phone the way they previously did. Had to download the zip files and transfer to phone.

FaceTime does not work with this 4.1 jailbreak!??

I'm using a different computer (since I run iTunes and all my iPhone things through my Mac) and have wifi on, and is connected through USB. I pushed Make It Rain, and it stays stuck on "waiting for device"

does it have to be connected to iTunes? what am i doing wrong???
    Last edited by natrev; 2010-10-11 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Add this to your bundles folder under G.O.C. HD.theme.
    Geekbro, this is not working. I really don't understand why Game Center icon does not orb...
    I've put this folder in the bundles folder under G.O.C. HD.theme, resprung and no change. I have also cleared the icon cache (manually and with iWipeCache) without success.
    Any clue?
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

but of course :
    I am not having any problems with MY3G or Facetime. Both seem to work perfectly.

Thanks

From Cydia on the My3G page (printed i blue with a pink background)

"Limera1n/4.1 Note: We are working on a solution for My3G and Facetime. It does not yet work on 4.1. Thanks for your patience."

I read that to be that My3G was incompatible with Limera1n, but with a clearer head this morning, I guess it could say Limera1n and FaceTime don't work together... anyway, it does say something..... :

@holl0wm1nd on Game Center... It does orb for me. I don't see anywhere where you rebooted after you did this. This is an important step.

My problem is getting getting bitesms to not orb in the dock, using @[email protected] icons he posted a few days ago. I get a white background on those.

regards
    richard
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-10-11 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rebraun For This Useful Post:

holl0wm1nd (2010-10-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

@holl0wm1nd on Game Center... It does orb for me. I don't see anywhere where you rebooted after you did this. This is an important step.

regards
    richard
    Richard, you got it! Rebooting was the key.
    I did reboot and followed the steps when installing this theme, but didn't think a reboot was necessary for changing one icon... frowny pants to me.
    Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Add this to your bundles folder under G.O.C. HD.theme.
    Geekbro, it now works thanks to you and @rebraun.
    Just hit thanks to you as well.
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-10-11 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

This theme looks sweat but i have a question before considering.

Does this support accuweatherstolen weather ?

Reason is, yahoo gives weather for my location great, but when i hit extended the digigts are for a city 2 hours away ( yes my fault for living in rural area ) so weather is not accurate using yahoo in other themes but when using accuweather i get great results.

As all weather related questions are howto add a city or change to celcius....

Definitly considering purchasing, but this holds me back

Quote Originally Posted by Blkjep3 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the text bubbles not being blue after upgrading to 4.1? Also after upgrading, cannot get wallpapers to automatically install to phone the way they previously did. Had to download the zip files and transfer to phone.
    We will look into this as something has changed and we will have to edit the chat bubble in com.apple.chat bundle. My incoming is also gray and outgoing is still green.

Quote Originally Posted by natrev View Post
    FaceTime does not work with this 4.1 jailbreak!??

I'm using a different computer (since I run iTunes and all my iPhone things through my Mac) and have wifi on, and is connected through USB. I pushed Make It Rain, and it stays stuck on "waiting for device"

does it have to be connected to iTunes? what am i doing wrong???
    Facetime works just fine on my iPhone talking to my sons un-jailbroke iPhone

I use a PC and do not (nor will I ever) own a Mac/Apple computer. There are posts [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1028599"]HERE[/ame] that may help you. There are other posts in that forum all about limera1n and Macs, you should find your answer there.

I read that to be that My3G was incompatible with Limera1n, but with a clearer head this morning, I guess it could say Limera1n and FaceTime don't work together... anyway, it does say something..... :

My problem is getting getting bitesms to not orb in the dock, using @[email protected] icons he posted a few days ago. I get a white background on those.

regards
    richard
    Facetime does work fine for me as stated above.
    You must make sure that the com.bitesms bundle is in BOTH /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles AND
    /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/G.O.C. HD_GlassDock.theme/Bundles/com.bitesms
    Then reboot...mine is themed on the dock with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    This theme looks sweat but i have a question before considering.

Does this support accuweatherstolen weather ?

Reason is, yahoo gives weather for my location great, but when i hit extended the digigts are for a city 2 hours away ( yes my fault for living in rural area ) so weather is not accurate using yahoo in other themes but when using accuweather i get great results.

As all weather related questions are howto add a city or change to celcius....

Definitly considering purchasing, but this holds me back
    I have been using accuweatherstolen just fine on my theme, yes you can change to Celsius and has the feels like option as well. Please read the very first post in this thread to get you set up and rolling. There is also a FAQ at the bottom of post 1 to help you customize and change things. This theme has more support then any other so feel free to post if something is not covered in Post 1.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Best iPhone 4 Theme Ever!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

natrev (2010-10-11)

Default Holiday Gift
    Below are some HD Slider_Action.png for the Lock Screen theme. Just ssh into /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/G.O.C. HD_TapLockscreen.theme/LockScreen or the same location in the Slider version and rename Slider_Action.png then drop one of these in and take off the first part of the file name. You will now have a blinking Holiday/Season related icon.

Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001.png   -004.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-10-11 at 05:33 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    I am not having any problems with MY3G or Facetime. Both seem to work perfectly.
    The problem is NOT that either My3G or Facetime by themselves do not work on 4.1 as that is not the case. Individually, both of these work fine on 4.1. The PROBLEM is that currently My3G will not work with Facetime on Limera1ned iOS 4.1 to allow you to make Facetime calls from anywhere over 3G. Until they fix this compatibility issue, you will be limited to making Facetime calls from a Wifi hotspot.

Quick question: I just jailbroke w/Limera1n (w/o a hitch ) and am reloading my apps. Do I need to install G.O.C. HD_Updates, or have those changes been incorporated into the latest version of G.O.C. HD?

Default Chat Balloon Fix
    >>>SMS CHAT BALLOON COLOR FIX<<<

4.1 Changed the naming scheme of chat balloons in SMS.

To get the balloons back to the way they were, you need to ssh to:
    /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.chatkit
    Locate [email protected] and [email protected] and add ~iphone to the end so that they both look like: [email protected]~iphone.png.

We will make these changes in the original theme and release with next update.

Good Luck and Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by TimSS View Post
    Quick question: I just jailbroke w/Limera1n (w/o a hitch ) and am reloading my apps. Do I need to install G.O.C. HD_Updates, or have those changes been incorporated into the latest version of G.O.C. HD?
    You need to load G.O.C. HD_Updates

This is the file/theme that all future updates will come through so that users do not have to keep redoing their customizations.

I would also recommend installing Glass Orb Color SBS until the new one is completed and released.

Enjoy
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-10-11 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Blkjep3 (2010-10-11), decke (2010-10-12), Geekbro (2010-10-12), natrev (2010-10-11), TimSS (2010-10-11), toyvan (2010-10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by TimSS View Post
    Yes, you always want to stay subscribed to that package. MOST new files will be released via that package in order to keep users from having to reinstall/reconfigure the main package and all their custom tweaks every time TV wants to release a few new icons or other such minor updates.

Edit: Heh...[email protected] answered too while I was typing this up.

>>>SMS CHAT BALLOON COLOR FIX<<<

4.1 Changed the naming scheme of chat balloons in SMS.

To get the balloons back to the way they were, you need to ssh to:
    /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.chatkit
    Locate [email protected] and [email protected] and add ~iphone to the end so that they both look like: [email protected]~iphone.png.
    Oh, good. I'm not the only one seeing that annoying new hash at the end of the directory names under 4.1. I was kinda wondering if that was a result of something I had done incorrectly on the jailbreak since that didn't exist on 4.0.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-10-11 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have been using accuweatherstolen just fine on my theme, yes you can change to Celsius and has the feels like option as well. Please read the very first post in this thread to get you set up and rolling. There is also a FAQ at the bottom of post 1 to help you customize and change things. This theme has more support then any other so feel free to post if something is not covered in Post 1.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Best iPhone 4 Theme Ever!
    I've looked over instructions and FAQ but nowhere howto chance from YAHOO to ACCUWEATHER. I used to use HTC themes on 3gs and simple changing local and other to appleaccuweatherstolne woudl suffice. But some other themes i have, just have YAHOOWeather and chnaging info alone did not enable accuweather.

Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast