Page 68 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2790

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

  1. #1341
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have had this installed for over 24 hours now making sure that all is kosher and have to say, this is the first great lock screen theme in the Glass Orb (G.O.C.) Series.

    I also will note here that I must apologize to K.nitsua for my original negative posts about this theme. He has gone far above and beyond any of the other versions and has made this one very unique to the HD theme! Very Well Done! I know that all users will proudly display lock screens now. In fact I highly recommend that you also download 20 or 60 Second LockScreen so that you can show off and/or admire your own lock screens!

    ...
    Accepted. It was no biggie though ^_^

    I'm glad you guys like the lockscreen. I'm very proud with the way it turned out. The mods are lookin' pretty sweet, too. Keep 'em coming.

    I would expect an influx of new users due to it ra1nin' over here, lol ^_~
    #eli7e revived me

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

    [email protected] (2010-10-10)

  3. #1342
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever there is internet.
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 152 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    Which bootrom are you using. I updated to 4.1 and kept the 01.59.00 bootrom intact. The new one being 2.10.04, which bootrom did you apply limera1n to? Do you know if it will work on either one....

    Just to keep on topic here.... glad you got goc hd running on 4.1 Can't wait to do it also, but trying to find out about bootroms first.

    thanks.
    Works just fine.

  4. #1343
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    First of all, I absolutely love this theme and this forum because ToyVan themes are unique in the fact that with your purchase you're not just buying a top notch theme... You're getting yourself access to a one of a kind community where everyone is happy to help each other and we all love to see the custom mods everyone else is making with the theme... After all, that is the point of a theme in the first place - For you to be able to express your personal creativity and make your iPhone completely unique and different from any other iPhone out there... I really like that aspect of theming and I know you all do too.*

    That's why if you don't already make your own Cydia app icons, I encourage you strongly to do so because it is really fun and you'll learn a whole lot about graphic design... I know people who have become successful professional graphic designers just by teaching themselves through iPhone modding, theming, and app development.

    Now, here is my question and I apologize if this has either already been answered or I am missing something extremely basic, but here goes... I love the new LockScreen and I will be posting screenshots of my modded version soon, but I've noticed that no matter how I arrange the various G.O.C. HD Themes in Winterboard, I never get the G.O.C. HD Battery to appear when I charge my phone and I love that battery! Is there any way to get that to work with the new lockscreen or is that just not possible? I even tried copying the 17 .png battery images to the correct bundle of the new lockscreen theme and no luck... Any ideas out there??

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MichaelRyder For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (2010-10-11), [email protected] (2010-10-10)

  6. #1344
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Impossible to have HTML lockscreens and battery to show. It's been like this since the advent of HTML screens in WinterBoard.
    #eli7e revived me

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

    MichaelRyder (2010-10-10)

  8. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Accepted. It was no biggie though ^_^

    I'm glad you guys like the lockscreen. I'm very proud with the way it turned out. The mods are lookin' pretty sweet, too. Keep 'em coming.

    I would expect an influx of new users due to it ra1nin' over here, lol ^_~
    Quote Originally Posted by axlf97 View Post
    Question TV I've noticed that with the new lock screen on it eats up about 100 megs of memory constantly is this normal ?
    Having the lockscreen does seem to be taking up a lot of my memory... ???
    It may be all in my head but it looks like the battery goes down just a tad bit faster. idk tho. I'd have to take it off for a day or two to check.

    Is this in my head? or has any one else noticed this?
    Last edited by natrev; 2010-10-10 at 10:57 AM.

  9. #1346
    Ok just updated and jailbroken one of my iPhone 4 got GOC Pro HD back on my SMS is not using the theme but stock bubbles. Dose not use the orb green and blue ones anyone else have this issue ?

    Yea the 4.1 update kills the orb SMS theme darn it just too let everyone know. Other than that everything else seems to work fine no issues knock on wood thx TV
    Last edited by axlf97; 2010-10-10 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #1347
    Default Great update!
    I've downloaded 120+ cydia apps and G.O.C. HD is the first reason I mention (and show off) to friends/ family as the best reason to jailbreak. Honestly, the lockscreen update this week looks just amazing! I've given 3 total reviews since I've had my iphone..2 for negative posts for freezing my phone..and this one to comment on such a good job! Per Jvandeford suggestion..red/white badges would be a good addition. Keep up the amazing work Toyvan!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake77777 For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (2010-10-11)

  12. #1348
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    Hello, guys! I'm back

    I was looking for this info I need in this thread, but couldn't find it.
    Question: How to I get the Game Center icon orbed?
    I have created a bundle called com.apple.gamecenter and put the [email protected] in there, but no avail. Any ideas?

    Another thing I couldn't find: I have no calendar icon. By searching the thread I managed to get the date white, but still no icon... how to solve?
    It is true that the Game Center icon does not orb. I've added a bundle too and stuff but doesn't seem to orb.

    I'm in the process of reinstalling my cydia stuff. It's a little slower this time. Maybe it's just me but cydia under limera1n seems to require more reboots after installations than I ever remember doing with prior jbs.

    I don't know what you are doing wrong when you can't see the calendar icon. It's part of apple. What more can i say.

    regards
    richard

  13. #1349
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    It is true that the Game Center icon does not orb. I've added a bundle too and stuff but doesn't seem to orb.

    I'm in the process of reinstalling my cydia stuff. It's a little slower this time. Maybe it's just me but cydia under limera1n seems to require more reboots after installations than I ever remember doing with prior jbs.

    I don't know what you are doing wrong when you can't see the calendar icon. It's part of apple. What more can i say.

    regards
    richard
    I don't know how to solve the Game Center problem...
    As for the Weather & Calendar icons, there's an important remark in the first page. It was not quite clear for me yesterday (at 2 am, hehe), so this morning I read it again and understood what TV meant.
    I'll be glad if anyone knows how to get Game Center icon orbed.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

  14. #1350
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Default Limera1n ver 4 Released
    Good Morning Everyone!

    The excitement grows at the release of LimeRa1n which allows everyone to upgrade to iOS ver. 4.1. Everything that I post in this thread is related to using iPhone 4 ONLY. Any other version must be done at own risk!!!

    FIRST: To maintain the 1.59 Baseband that is UNLOCKABLE, You need to upgrade using TinyUmbrella with 4.1 support ver. 4.1.6. This will ONLY work if you have an SHSH Blob saved on Cydia from iOS 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2 Instructions are HERE
    The reason you want to maintain this current baseband is because it is unlockable which makes your iPhone more valuable when/if you want to sell it or you move and need to switch phone companies or if you want to travel abroad and use local sim cards. There are many many reasons to keep this baseband as the new baseband is unlockable and may remain that way forever.

    SECOND: Download the most recent version of limera1n which is currently at release version 4. Download from HERE
    There may be newer releases and/or future upgrades. If you do not have any bugs when using this version then leave it alone. If you have bugs, you may want to download a newer version and just re-jailbreak...you do NOT have to restore again.

    THIRD: I highly recommend that you restore your iPhone as NEW so backup all of your data using backup options in your important apps. Reason for this is it will clear all items from ROCK and other jailbreak apps that may have been backed up in iTunes. Start with a clean slate as they say as you may be at this iOS/Baseband for a very long time.

    FOURTH: Activate your WiFi and THEN activate limera1n and install Cydia then uninstall limera1n.

    LAST: Before I jailbroke, I created a list of all of my Cydia apps so that I could install ALL fresh versions. At this time, start installing the Cydia apps that you use. I will post here if I find any Cydia Apps that do NOT work with iOS 4.1 and request that others do the same.

    I have had a quick, successful upgrade and jailbreak and am currently using iOS 4.1 with baseband 01.59.00, I am still in the process of installing and upgrading all my apps, databases, and media but wanted to get this posted as quickly as possible. Good Luck to everyone and I hope to see many many new Lock Screen and Home Screen images posted here and in any other forums you frequent. Help ToyVan advertise the greatest theme ever created!!!

    CYDIA APP REPORT:

    "RemoveBG" is broke and WILL crash!
    "Shrink" works but may cause a springboard crash during initial setup.
    "BiteSMS" Is broke and crashes, will not open until updated. UPDATE: confirmed localboys post: Add the repo http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0 to your sources then go to updates in Cydia and it will be there. License will update when you go into settings and enter your phone #.

    ALL CYDIA APPS NEEDED for successful operation of G.O.C. HD are fully operational. ICONOCLASM ALSO WORKS!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-10-11 at 06:36 PM.

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

    Geekbro (2010-10-10), natrev (2010-10-11), toyvan (2010-10-11)

  16. #1351
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

    The excitement grows at the release of LimeRa1n which allows everyone to upgrade to iOS ver. 4.1. Everything that I post in this thread is related to using iPhone 4 ONLY. Any other version must be done at own risk!!!

    FIRST: To maintain the 1.59 Baseband that is UNLOCKABLE, You need to upgrade using TinyUmbrella with 4.1 support ver. 4.1.6. This will ONLY work if you have an SHSH Blob saved on Cydia from iOS 4.0/4.0.1/4.0.2 Instructions are HERE
    The reason you want to maintain this current baseband is because it is unlockable which makes your iPhone more valuable when/if you want to sell it or you move and need to switch phone companies or if you want to travel abroad and use local sim cards. There are many many reasons to keep this baseband as the new baseband is unlockable and may remain that way forever.

    SECOND: Download the most recent version of limera1n which is currently at release version 4. Download from HERE
    There may be newer releases and/or future upgrades. If you do not have any bugs when using this version then leave it alone. If you have bugs, you may want to download a newer version and just re-jailbreak...you do NOT have to restore again.

    THIRD: I highly recommend that you restore your iPhone as NEW so backup all of your data using backup options in your important apps. Reason for this is it will clear all items from ROCK and other jailbreak apps that may have been backed up in iTunes. Start with a clean slate as they say as you may be at this iOS/Baseband for a very long time.

    FOURTH: Activate your WiFi and THEN activate limera1n and install Cydia then uninstall limera1n.

    LAST: Before I jailbroke, I created a list of all of my Cydia apps so that I could install ALL fresh versions. At this time, start installing the Cydia apps that you use. I will post here if I find any Cydia Apps that do NOT work with iOS 4.1 and request that others do the same.

    I have had a quick, successful upgrade and jailbreak and am currently using iOS 4.1 with baseband 01.59.00, I am still in the process of installing and upgrading all my apps, databases, and media but wanted to get this posted as quickly as possible. Good Luck to everyone and I hope to see many many new Lock Screen and Home Screen images posted here and in any other forums you frequent. Help ToyVan advertise the greatest theme ever created!!!
    I concur on all, although in the end even though I had maintained my old baseband, in the end I updated that too. I've got to say that that process wasn't easy. I eventually had to downgrade to 4.01 and then upgrade to 4.1 to update the bootrom too. I'm not sure why I did that. I guess in the back of my mind that in the next year or so someone will come out with another unlock. I wanted to be "stock" at this time.

    On the issue of making your iphone4 'new'. I've pondered that over for several hours. My backup itunes folder is 357 megs. I noticed that when I did install as new the folder was less than 3 megs. I've taken the lazy way out this time though as I eventually used my iphone with all of its settings and all of the baggage that is in that folder. Just too much to do for me or too lazy. I can always do this at a future date. I don't know if 357 is typical or atypical for a folder that has been carried forward for about a year.

    regards
    richard

    edit: I've always thought what a great utility it would be to compress/clean that folder with some utility specifically designed for such

    edit:edit: dang, you almost have me convinced that now is the time to start with a clean slate. How big was and is your itunes folder now... i'm sure you know where it is... they don't make it easy for the average joe to find it.
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-10-10 at 05:15 PM.

  17. #1352
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    I concur on all, although in the end even though I had maintained my old baseband, in the end I updated that too. I've got to say that that process wasn't easy. I eventually had to downgrade to 4.01 and then upgrade to 4.1 to update the bootrom too. I'm not sure why I did that. I guess in the back of my mind that in the next year or so someone will come out with another unlock. I wanted to be "stock" at this time.

    On the issue of making your iphone4 'new'. I've pondered that over for several hours. My backup itunes folder is 357 megs. I noticed that when I did install as new the folder was less than 3 megs. I've taken the lazy way out this time though as I eventually used my iphone with all of its settings and all of the baggage that is in that folder. Just too much to do for me or too lazy. I can always do this at a future date. I don't know if 357 is typical or atypical for a folder that has been carried forward for about a year.

    regards
    richard

    edit: I've always thought what a great utility it would be to compress/clean that folder with some utility specifically designed for such

    edit:edit: dang, you almost have me convinced that now is the time to start with a clean slate. How big was and is your itunes folder now... i'm sure you know where it is... they don't make it easy for the average joe to find it.
    The biggest problem that users are not doing when using TinyUmbrella, is they are not going into advanced and selecting the right baseband so the kick function is not kicking the iPhone out of restore mode. You MUST go in and select the correct 4.0.1/4.0.2 baseband that is stored on Cydia. If its not there, it will tell you. Others have not set up TinyUmbrella properly because they did not read the "ReadMe" file that is posted to read (kind of like some using G.O.C.)

    Obviously setting up as new is the users option, it is only advise since it is a major iOS change. The little 4.1.x changes I do a restore from backup, with a 4.x change, I do a clean restore from new.

    I am still installing everything...this will take a while as I beta test (habit) each Cydia app after I install. I have not even started with the iTunes apps and media yet. Regardless of the file size, with a clean restore, it may only remove one or two hiccups that will not even register as a file size change. File size is not an issue, having hiccups that cause errors are. There were many complaints about ROCK and what it did/did not load on iPhones, IMO, I just felt better to have it all gone incase something had backed up with an iTunes backup.

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  18. #1353
    Get the latest bitesms beta version
    Here's the repo
    http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0

    Gotta get all my stuff downloaded again
    Hope most if them are working fir 4.1

  19. #1354
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever there is internet.
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 152 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Apps that do not work with 4.1 Yet.
    Apps that do not work with 4.1 Yet.

    Categories
    CategoriesSB
    FolderEnhancer
    RemoveBG (Causes Crash)

    But on a good note Assassins Creed II works now under 4.1.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-10-10 at 05:57 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

    [email protected] (2010-10-10)

  21. #1355
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Troy, Montana
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 515 Times in 341 Posts

    Cydia is getting slammed as the country wakes up, be prepared for slow loads and timeouts

    Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

    rebraun (2010-10-10)

  23. #1356
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever there is internet.
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 152 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Globed Game Center
    Add this to your bundles folder under G.O.C. HD.theme.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

    axlf97 (2010-10-11), holl0wm1nd (2010-10-11), rebraun (2010-10-11), toyvan (2010-10-11), [email protected] (2010-10-10)

  25. #1357
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by axlf97 View Post
    Question TV I've noticed that with the new lock screen on it eats up about 100 megs of memory constantly is this normal ?
    100 megs seems a bit high. Can you send me a screenshot of this readout?

    Quote Originally Posted by natrev View Post
    Having the lockscreen does seem to be taking up a lot of my memory... ???
    It may be all in my head but it looks like the battery goes down just a tad bit faster. idk tho. I'd have to take it off for a day or two to check.

    Is this in my head? or has any one else noticed this?
    Lockscreen does eat up MORE memory, but not an IMMENSE amount. The code was written in a way that would require the LEAST amount of memory possible for the effect I was trying to do. I even had to perform a lot of shortcuts due to WinterBoard's lack of updates for iPhone 4 compatibility. Chances are, if WinterBoard were to be updated, it would run a lot smoother.

    Also, the battery does get used up more. But as a heavy iPhone 4 user with an even heftier lockscreen in the works, I can go a whole day without needing to charge (unless I'm playing Sonic 4 a lot, lol).


    Again, guys, the lockscreen is optional. More memory and battery usage is a small price to pay for beauty ^_^. Jk, but in all honesty, I wrote the code as light as possible so unless WinterBoard gets an update... this is as good as it's gonna get for now.

    - Austin
    #eli7e revived me

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

    natrev (2010-10-11), toyvan (2010-10-11), [email protected] (2010-10-10)

  27. #1358
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Finally got the new theme today. I love your themes Toyvan and had the old GOC version for like a year on my 3gs. Loving the new version. However as I read through the forum I am not seeing, or I am blind, is there a Safari icon? Thanks and I cannot wait for the SBSettings theme.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffe For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (2010-10-11)

  29. #1359
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Cydia is grudgingly giving up a byte here and a few bits there as I spent about 30 minutes d/l goc hd.

  30. #1360
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Default I'm brain dead
    @ [email protected]

    Thanks for the great suggestion about starting afresh. It is actually nice to have done this now that most of the hard stuff has been completed.

    I had a little trouble with the Messenger app reorbing but renaming (or removing)it from the glass orb bundles fixed that so it orbs.

    However, I seem to have become brain dead here on the biteSMS showing up thusly. Over 6 hours on this little iphone screen has done me in.

    regards
    richard

    p.s. Just for fun I restored my phone just after jailbreaking it. Wanted to see if restore works.... I'm ocd.... it works. It's just nice to file that information away to soothe my mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

Page 68 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •