Page 58 of 140 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2790

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @geekbro

I happened to used app.old not old.app which was the only deviation. I would think that it could also have been named app.sh*t and it wouldn't make a difference. :-)

I'm running 4.01 on an iPhone 4.

It just didn't work for me. No biggie. I've gone back to using lockinfo and loaded up bosspaper with a couple hundred hires wallpapers for my enjoyment.

regards
    richard
    As I stated earlier I used iFile locally on the iPhone. Some external programs change permissions. Also some files become corrupt when using external programs. If you can try using iFile and then list your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    Awesome stuff!

do you have the background image for this!??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natrev View Post
    do you have the background image for this!??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck1969 For This Useful Post:

natrev (2010-09-26)

Thanks

Default Add Animation to your weather.
    Thanks to wyndwarrior I have now added Animation to the great theme Toyvan has created. Below is a link to his tread.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ather-law.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0016.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    As I stated earlier I used iFile locally on the iPhone. Some external programs change permissions. Also some files become corrupt when using external programs. If you can try using iFile and then list your results.
    I have given up on this. I do not like or use iFile and only use in emergencies when I am away from home. If it does not work using WinSCP and other desk top applications, then it is not a user or noob friendly method and will only cause major problems for noobs in the future which means more and more questions to try and answer. I tried to install it using ssh as is posted all over these threads and ssh method does not work. I tried 3 times and I am not a noob or novice so apparently only the iFile method will work although I cannot confirm this.

An ssh method needs to be figured out for creating transparent icons.

Sorry that I could not confirm your instructions using ssh.
    Still stuck with weather for now.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    FWIW, I also use iFile locally on the phone when I make these kinds of updates and it works successfully for me. Perhaps iFile is the magic bullet when making these changes. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by LanMan66 View Post
    FWIW, I also use iFile locally on the phone when I make these kinds of updates and it works successfully for me. Perhaps iFile is the magic bullet when making these changes. /shrug
    It probably is and I agree with what you are both saying and doing. However, iFile is vary dangerous for beginners in that if they make one wrong tiny mistake, it can force the iPhone into a vicious boot cycle or even worse. Second, backups of files and folders are not being made before making changes which is a very risky business.

While I applause your levels of expertise and experience, I cannot endorse a method that not everyone can do "safely" or with major experience. I harp backing up before making changes to code and that is just in a theme. Your method takes you to 3 completely separate areas of the os and that is not even putting the bundle into themes. It also makes it harder for those that answer questions here, trying to explain an expertise level of programing to novices.

Again, nothing against either of you but for myself, I can not recommend this method. Toy may feel otherwise but I will recommend my concerns to him as well. Hopefully, we can all find a ssh method to achieve the same results and one where I will feel better about referring all levels of users to.

Thanks again for all you do and keep up the outstanding help

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    However, iFile is vary dangerous for beginners in that if they make one wrong tiny mistake, it can force the iPhone into a vicious boot cycle or even worse.
    I do agree with you here. We sometimes forget that at the end of the day, we are editing system level files here using a root account with no protections against deleting the wrong things and screwing up the works. Off the top of my head, the only remotely "safe" way to go about it would be to provide a package that could be uploaded to the phone with a script to run to automate the file copy procedures, but even that would be dicey in the hands of a novice.

Question: Is the hash always the same in /var/mobile/Applications for a particular app from phone to phone or is it specific to each phone? For example, my TWCMax.app folder was located in a folder named /var/mobile/Applications/EC2AE63A-DB26-4ACF-9BED-69CC0CB9416B. Is that folder name the same for everyone who has TWCMax installed or does it change from phone to phone?

Edit: BAH! I answered my own question. In testing, I deleted and reinstalled TWCMax and it got a different hash on the folder name. That makes creating a quick and easy script more problematic.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-09-26 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I do agree with you here. We sometimes forget that at the end of the day, we are editing system level files here using a root account with no protections against deleting the wrong things and screwing up the works. Off the top of my head, the only remotely "safe" way to go about it would be to provide a package that could be uploaded to the phone with a script to run to automate the file copy procedures, but even that would be dicey in the hands of a novice.

Question: Is the hash always the same in /var/mobile/Applications for a particular app from phone to phone or is it specific to each phone? For example, my TWCMax.app folder was located in a folder named /var/mobile/Applications/EC2AE63A-DB26-4ACF-9BED-69CC0CB9416B. Is that folder name the same for everyone who has TWCMax installed or does it change from phone to phone?
    I agree with you both to a point. The whole point of jailbreaking your device is that you did not want to be confined by the limitations that Steve Jobs placed upon the iPhone. My recommend to anyone that ask about jailbreaking their phone is finding out their comfort level.

Extreme novice, do not jail break.

Somewhat competent, let me know what you want to do and I will direct you to the best apps to fit your needs.

Like to dabble, jailbreak but do a lot of research before you install any app from Cydia and learn how to restore your device.

Geek, Have at it.

Maybe certain modifications can be classified as "Safe For Everyone" and "Use at your own risk".

Question: Is the hash always the same in /var/mobile/Applications for a particular app from phone to phone or is it specific to each phone? For example, my TWCMax.app folder was located in a folder named /var/mobile/Applications/EC2AE63A-DB26-4ACF-9BED-69CC0CB9416B. Is that folder name the same for everyone who has TWCMax installed or does it change from phone to phone?[/QUOTE]

That hash even changes on your phone, uninstall and reinstall the same app and the folder changes. I believe the folder is based of the date and time it was installed and the app itself, most of the hash remains the same, only part of it changes.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-26 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

natrev (2010-09-26)

That I can answer without hesitation...The hash changes. I tried the first time today and it was a 16 digit code of: FE992253-9767-4BDD-B8CB-E2D5B6E04B05
    After updating to new version and reinstalling the app it is now: 3FD1D08E-042F-407B-8D38-8CFB8E11754D

This is going to cause major problems to anyone and becomes a major headache.

@geekbro...again, agree with you, but the point is that Toy, myself and a few others have to keep answering the questions on this thread. If expert level stuff is posted, then even noobs who "Think" they know it all or want to try, will screw it up and we end up having to answer all the how do i posts.

Also as you can see...both of my TWC numbers are completely different...nothing even remotely the same. I had saved mine earlier when I was rewriting your instructions and had saved to post as example. The second one I just pulled off after searching 40+ apps.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-26 at 07:05 AM.

The second one I just pulled off after searching 40+ apps.
    FYI, for anyone searching for a specific app directory, there is an easy command to use to find it. Just go to /var/mobile/Applications directory and type the following command (note the app name must be exact and is case sensitive):

find . -name TWCMax.app

Substitute TWCMax.app with whichever app name you're trying to find.

(This is of course if you are SSH'd in at a command line)
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-09-26 at 07:36 AM.

Default BossPaper
    Does anyone have BossPaper working with the Glass Dock and Weather/Date Widget HD PRO???

I am still trying different combos, but if someone already has the correct order, please post screenshots or list the winterboard order and BossPaper settings.

Thank You

HOW TO RENAME ICON LABELS WITHOUT RENAME II

WARNING: You must use iFile to Rename Labels.
    You do NOT have a backup, so do this at your own risk
    Do one label at a time and respring so if you make an error
    you can reverse what you did to hopefully recover.
    Please be careful when using iFile, we can not help you
    recover from an error.

To rename Applications use iFile and navigate to
    /private/var/stash/Applications/"Insert App Here"

1) Open Info.plist, Select "Property List Viewer" Button
    2) Select "Edit" Button in upper right corner
    3) Look UNDER: <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    4) Place cursor at the applications name in: <string> APP NAME <string>
    5) Delete the app name and insert a space to display as a blank.

To change Apple Native apps like Photo and Camera change the Display Name in:

/private/var/stash/Applications/"Insert App Here"/English.lproj

there is a file located there named InfoPlist.strings
    just change the app display name:
    "Camera" = "Camera"; to: "Camera" = " ";
    and "Photo" = "Photo"; to: "Photo" = " ";
    Respring and Labels should be gone.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-26 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@[email protected] re Boss Paper

I've got Boss Paper working properly for everything except for displaying the dock overlay. I tried putting the overlay into a separate theme and moving it to the top (above Boss Paper Transparent Background, which you have to get from Cydia. The blank background is necessary for the the switcher area.

You also have to enable 'Under Winterboard' in bosspaper.

I could send you a screen shot, but the only thing additional is the transparent background.

I can live with missing the dock overlay. Everything else works perfectly.

regards
    richard

edit: Attached thumbs. Orginally, sunday laziness

edit edit: search cydia for 'bosspaper transparent background' to make BP work with IOS4, in particular switcher area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png   -photo-2-.png  
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-09-26 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @[email protected] re Boss Paper

I've got Boss Paper working properly for everything except for displaying the dock overlay. I tried putting the overlay into a separate theme and moving it to the top (above Boss Paper Transparent Background, which you have to get from Cydia. The blank background is necessary for the the switcher area.

You also have to enable 'Under Winterboard' in bosspaper.

I could send you a screen shot, but the only thing additional is the transparent background.

I can live with missing the dock overlay. Everything else works perfectly.

You and I have the same problem and this does not fix my situation that I still have not figured out.

richard

edit: Attached thumbs. Orginally, sunday laziness

edit edit: search cydia for 'bosspaper transparent background' to make BP work with IOS4, in particular switcher area.
    I agree with you on the Dock but I also use the Weather/Date widgets which you are also missing from your screen shot.

Need to know if someone has Dock AND ANY of the Weather/Date widgets working with BossPaper???
    regards

Banned
    Thanks

Need a little help. I need the path to videos in the ipod app.
    I'm trying to click and drag movies from my pc hard drive to my phone but don't know where the file for the video/ipod is located. I'm doing this via ssh.

Thanks in advance.

The Kid

Gotta question. When I view the goc hd pge in Cydia, I get an orange triangle with an exclamation point in it with a message stating that the files are installed to var/private. I haven't noticed any problems with the theme functioning. What does this mean? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Gotta question. When I view the goc hd pge in Cydia, I get an orange triangle with an exclamation point in it with a message stating that the files are installed to var/private. I haven't noticed any problems with the theme functioning. What does this mean? Thanks.
    Not positive Cory...Have you installed the Cydia Version??? If not you may have to uninstall the Rock Version and reinstall the Cydia Version...its the only thing I can think of.

I would also post a screen shot so that someone who has seen it can help if the above is not the issue.

Good Luck

Not positive Cory...Have you installed the Cydia Version??? If not you may have to uninstall the Rock Version and reinstall the Cydia Version...its the only thing I can think of.

I would also post a screen shot so that someone who has seen it can help if the above is not the issue.

Good Luck
    Here we go. Like I said, I haven't encountered any issues from this so I don't really know what's going on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1021-1-.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Here we go. Like I said, I haven't encountered any issues from this so I don't really know what's going on.
    Mine shows the same thing...never paid attention to it before. Not sure what it means, this is the best explanation I have found so far...Google is your friend.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I didn't do any upgrades. Fresh install yields private triangle too since cydia uno point zero. I like to do fresh installs until things settle down some here. That's just me.

Page 58 of 140 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast