Page 43 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by JPSalerno View Post
    Looks like this has already been addressed (based on the screenshots above) but, just in case, I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm not about to read through 57 pages just to find out! haha So F it.

Anyway... took me forever to figure this one out. I HATED having my damn statusbar clock AND the GOC clock widget. None of the <4.0 solutions seemed to work. I stumbled on an idea that said to use 'makeitmine'. Logically, you wouldn't think this should work since it's supposed to only change the carrier and the banner, but it did. With... a couple downsides. 1) you have to disable the free mem option in SB settings. since this info is listed in the dropdown it's not that big of a deal I guess. the other thing is... you'll no longer have the time elsewhere. I'd love to have the time everywhere but the springboard but apparently that's not possible. even still, this is def better so... if you haven't done it yet, go for it.
    I use MIM and never had to disable the memory option in sbsettings..? I do have to agree that the downside for me is not seeing the time inside other apps. The clock font color can be changed to black when on the main springboard page, but it will still be a little bit visible depending on your background...just an idea

Hey TV any chance in the next update you can speed up the process of launching an app. The loading screen is just a tad bit slow compared to the stock loading screen. Or give an option to disable G.O.C. loading screen. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBuc View Post
    Hey TV any chance in the next update you can speed up the process of launching an app. The loading screen is just a tad bit slow compared to the stock loading screen. Or give an option to disable G.O.C. loading screen. Thx.

not sure there is much I can do in improving the loading speed since it is just an image - I've noticed that after a respring or reboot there is an initial "slowness" when I launch certain apps(mainly ipod), but after the first time the loading screens seem to flash pretty quick...and honestly we're only talking like 2-3 seconds max when they are "slow"...are u really in that much of a hurry to listen to john mayer's greatest hits?

You can manually delete them if you like by going to private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles - go into the individual folders and delete any file that begins with the word [email protected]'

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@[email protected]:I've installed Icononclasm for my iphone 4. I don't have any templates installed. The only things I've got installed that affect the placement of any icons is the widely used Five Icon Dock as well as Five Icon Switcher. I also have FolderCloser installed which merely affects the way folders close to the page instead of to the folder.

When I activate Iconoclasm and select the 5 column option, and respring, my layout is the same (4x4)... been playing around with it for a while now, even uninstalling the above programs, but active or not, 4x4 default or 5 column selected and respringing, yields the same stock layout.

Any secrets? :confused

regards,
    richard

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post

not sure there is much I can do in improving the loading speed since it is just an image - I've noticed that after a respring or reboot there is an initial "slowness" when I launch certain apps(mainly ipod), but after the first time the loading screens seem to flash pretty quick...and honestly we're only talking like 2-3 seconds max when they are "slow"...are u really in that much of a hurry to listen to john mayer's greatest hits?

You can manually delete them if you like by going to private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles - go into the individual folders and delete any file that begins with the word [email protected]'
    Yea its not just after a reboot or respring, its also after you kill an app process. Yes it does load faster after the opening the 1st time because the app is then backgrounded either by Backgrounder or Apples multitasking but if the process is killed then we are talking 4 seconds on some apps. I do like the loading image though. So does Apple use a loading image and are the images you use just a replacement?
    Last edited by AtlBuc; 2010-09-17 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBuc View Post
    Yea its not just after a reboot or respring, its also after you kill an app process. Yes it does load faster after the opening the 1st time because the app is then backgrounded either by Backgrounder or Apples multitasking but if the process is killed then we are talking 4 seconds on some apps. I do like the loading image though. So does Apple use a loading image and are the images you use just a replacement?
    yep, I am just replacing existing images! attached is the awesome looking default loading screen u would see when launching the iPod..

Try this, disable my theme then respring/reboot and see if the default loading image is faster..

EDIT: it might be 'size' related..I noticed that the attached image is 640x920 & 10.3kb...my loading screen is 640x920 but 270kb..but that's due to more graphics and colors etc..not sure how I can make it smaller without losing quality..??!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -default-2x.png  
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-09-17 at 11:44 PM.

yep, I am just replacing existing images! attached is the awesome looking default loading screen u would see when launching the iPod..

Try this, disable my theme then respring/reboot and see if the default loading image is faster..

EDIT: it might be 'size' related..I noticed that the attached image is 640x920 & 10.3kb...my loading screen is 640x920 but 270kb..but that's due to more graphics and colors etc..not sure how I can make it smaller without losing quality..??!!
    Well after disabling your theme I tested some apps that I noticed opening slow which are settings, App Store and iPod. They all opened on the 2 count. After re-enabling your theme these apps now open right at the 3 count when before it was at the 4 count. So I dont know if disabling and re-enabling helped the speed a little. Never the less its not a huge deal but I do notice a slight lag. I've stayed away from Winterboard themes before this one and I'm happy I tried this one. Look for my continued support.

My iPhone is a Part of Me byron686's Avatar
    Thanks

Could someone please post the calendar and weather icons so i can replace the transparent ones in the theme

cheers

Byron

edit: its ok now sorted the answer was on the only page I never checked last night !!!
    Last edited by byron686; 2010-09-18 at 10:34 AM.

Hey thanks for that, i didn't like the load screen so just deleted all of them.

Any ETA for the old style dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I used iFile to copy the .app folder of the app that I want to make transparent out of the iTunes Application Folder and pasted it in the root Application Folder, then I went back to the iTunes Application Folder and renamed the .app to .app.old. This disabled the auto skinning and allows me to make the icon transparent.

Don't forget to respring.
    Hi, where is this root application path?? Sorry I'm a noob.

I'll use my case as an example; hope this helps:

The path for my Weatherbug Elite app is:
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/E626DB42-..../WeatherBug.app

So, per Geekbro's direction, I copied the WeatherBug.app above into:
    /Applications, and then changed the WeatherBug.app above to WeatherBug.app.old

Then, you need to create a theme with the blank icons for the applicable app. So, in my case, I created 'invisible WeatherBug' theme (all after 'Themes' in the following):

/private/var/stash/Themes/Invisible WeatherBugElite.theme/Bundles/com.aws.weatherbug.elite/WeatherBugEliteIcon_Small.png, where the WeatherBugEliteIcon_Small.png is just a blank icon from one of Geekbro's folders posted earlier in this thread.

All this worked to make my WeatherBug Elite app transparent and functional under the Weather widget. However, I'm not having the same success with another app: I'm trying to make Pocket Informant transparent and functional under the date side of the widget, but for some reason, I keep getting a blank white square for the PI icon, even after doing the exact same steps above (but with appropriate PI nomenclature regarding CFBundleIdentifier, icon naming, etc.). Not sure where the disconnect is with applying the same steps to a different app, but I'm happy I at least got my non-stock weather app to do what I want, because of Geekbro's assistance.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimSS For This Useful Post:

rebraun (2010-09-19), toyvan (2010-09-18)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Try clearing your cache and doing a reboot instead of respring.

Found my problem; I used a CFBundleIdentifier I found through a Google search, instead of confirming it myself. After I found the 'real' one in the app info.plist and used it, everything worked as it should.

Again, thanks Geekbro for pointing me (and the rest of us) in the direction of how to make icons invisible but functional for app launching.
    Last edited by TimSS; 2010-09-18 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    @[email protected]:I've installed Icononclasm for my iphone 4. I don't have any templates installed. The only things I've got installed that affect the placement of any icons is the widely used Five Icon Dock as well as Five Icon Switcher. I also have FolderCloser installed which merely affects the way folders close to the page instead of to the folder.

When I activate Iconoclasm and select the 5 column option, and respring, my layout is the same (4x4)... been playing around with it for a while now, even uninstalling the above programs, but active or not, 4x4 default or 5 column selected and respringing, yields the same stock layout.

Any secrets? :confused

regards,
    richard
    The only thing that you can do is to remove Cydia/Rock apps and find out which is the culprit. Like I stated before, the only time Iconoclasm crashed was when I downloaded and tried to use templates made by others. I am also using Five Icon Dock but I am NOT using Five Icon Switcher or FolderCloser (I use RemoveBG)

Ensure that everything below "Simple Mode" is turned OFF. Enable should be ON, and Layout should be Five-Column SB (5x4)

Try Rebooting (not respring), try putting a check mark in SummerBoard, Reboot, Remove check mark, Reboot.

Obviously, I can only give you troubleshooting ideas as I do not have your iPhone. Just keep trying different things and it will have to do with either some tinkering (code change) you have done or it is conflicting with another App that is not iPhone 4 compatible.

I have no other answers for you, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by byron686 View Post
    Could someone please post the calendar and weather icons so i can replace the transparent ones in the theme

cheers

Byron

edit: its ok now sorted the answer was on the only page I never checked last night !!!
    Byron, the calendar and weather icons are still there:

SHSH to: /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles and rename the [email protected] to [email protected] for both folders and respring....WALLA, you should now see your icons again!

Good Luck

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

Thanks

Default raname II
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarfreak26 View Post
    Just curious.. is there anyway to remove the calender label? i like the labels on because my second page is folders with all the other apps in..

i thought of rename but it just quits when i open it

Sorry to be a pain guys

Rename II quits when I open it too. I don't know of another alternative than turning them all off. In the same boat. I want to remove Calendar and Weather Labels without using Rename II.

richard

edit: backgrounder conflict
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-09-19 at 05:19 PM.

Rename II quits when I open it too. I don't know of another alternative than turning them all off. In the same boat. I want to remove Calendar and Weather Labels without using Rename II.

richard
    Rename II ver 2.0 is working just fine for me, other then the bug to remove Photos and Camera labels. You either have an app that is conflicting with it, have an old version, or got a bad download. I would recommend uninstalling the app through management in Cydia install a fresh copy and reboot (not respring) your iPhone. Then open it up...do not open the app until after you have rebooted.

Hope that helps, Good Luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

rebraun (2010-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfreak26 View Post
    Lol i just read a few reports saying that backgrounder is the conflict with rename..

i have that installed. do you?

Thanks
    I'm playing catchup. Did you uninstall Backgrounder and Rename II worked? Have you found an alternative to Backgrounder?

regards,
    richard

Backgrounder and Rename II don't co-exist. If you uninstall Backgrounder you can use Rename II to do your changing. I've then reinstalled Backgrounder which still works properly. I didn't delete Rename II after I made my changes, as I thinking my labels would revert to the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The only thing that you can do is to remove Cydia/Rock apps and find out which is the culprit. Like I stated before, the only time Iconoclasm crashed was when I downloaded and tried to use templates made by others. I am also using Five Icon Dock but I am NOT using Five Icon Switcher or FolderCloser (I use RemoveBG)

Ensure that everything below "Simple Mode" is turned OFF. Enable should be ON, and Layout should be Five-Column SB (5x4)

Try Rebooting (not respring), try putting a check mark in SummerBoard, Reboot, Remove check mark, Reboot.

Obviously, I can only give you troubleshooting ideas as I do not have your iPhone. Just keep trying different things and it will have to do with either some tinkering (code change) you have done or it is conflicting with another App that is not iPhone 4 compatible.

I have no other answers for you, sorry
    I played with the series of beta sliders towards the bottom of the iconoclasm setup screen and got it to work that way. However, once I saw the resultant 5x4 screen, it was just a little too cramped for my taste, especially on my 'folders' page. I've since ininstalled Iconoclasm and opted for the standard 4x4 layout. That GridLock app saves a lot of work, certainly.

I actually went ahead and installed Infinifolders which seems to be working out ok.

I have tried out the RemoveBG program that you are using, but I like SwitcherPlus which has more options including a flashlight (torch) in the first spot. Flashlight is nevermore than a double tap on the home screen and a slight fumble in the dark to the first spot in the switcher window.

regards
    richard
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-09-18 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm playing catchup. Did you uninstall Backgrounder and Rename II worked? Have you found an alternative to Backgrounder?

regards,
    richard

Backgrounder and Rename II don't co-exist. If you uninstall Backgrounder you can use Rename II to do your changing. I've then reinstalled Backgrounder which still works properly. I didn't delete Rename II after I made my changes, as I thinking my labels would revert to the originals.

I played with the series of beta sliders towards the bottom of the iconoclasm setup screen and got it to work that way. However, once I saw the resultant 5x4 screen, it was just a little too cramped for my taste, especially on my 'folders' page. I've since ininstalled Iconoclasm and opted for the standard 4x4 layout. That GridLock app saves a lot of work, certainly.

I actually went ahead and installed Infinifolders which seems to be working out ok.

I have tried out the RemoveBG program that you are using, but I like SwitcherPlus which has more options including a flashlight (torch) in the first spot. Flashlight is nevermore than a double tap on the home screen and a slight fumble in the dark to the first spot in the switcher window.

regards
    richard
    Awesome...glad you were able to figure everything out. Just a small note, so that you are prepared. Any apps that you have removed the names on will reappear if they update. You will have to use Rename to remove them again. Just curious, were you able to remove photos or camera names?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

uberowo (2010-09-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for this great theme! I have a question tho: After updating to the latest version of the theme today, the calendar and weather icons are no longer transparent even with the weather/clock widget enabled.. How can I fix this?

EDIT: Found the problem, simply had to move around the priorities in winterboard a few times and it seemingly randomly started to work again.
    Last edited by uberowo; 2010-09-18 at 06:52 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uberowo For This Useful Post:

Arkaine (2010-09-19), toyvan (2010-09-18)

Page 43 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast