Page 42 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by TimSS View Post
    Just a quick question: will the orbed weather widget be optional in the next update? I like the way the weather is currently executed better. Don't get me wrong; the orb is sharp, but I like the simplicity of the current version on my all-black background.

And if it won't be optional, can you add a 'how to' on how to put it back to the 'original' (current) weather view when you release the update?

Thanks!
    the glass orb weather mod will just be another option, and will not ovewrite the previous weather mod or original weather+date widgets. So, basically you will have 3 widgets to choose from depending on how u feel that day

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    Off topic....why does iFile have such a lag when trying to edit the widget.html?!
    I also HAD extreme lag when editing those widget.html files with iFile, but I figured out how to fix it. I simply opened up that file using the vi text editor on my macbook pro and removed EVERY SINGLE blank line in the file. I saved the file and transferred it back to my phone and now I can edit it with iFile with no lag whatsoever.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-09-17 at 05:57 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (2010-09-17)

see, there u go! there is a solution for every question. However, I did like my answer much better!

Toy, got a weird issue

When I send a text the SMS bubble is bright blue. After it sends It goes to a faded blue. Is this suppose to happen or is it suppose to say bright blue? I have a ss if needed

sounds wierd..yea, post a screenshot

Took it as it was sending and faded like the other after it sent

hmmm..have no clue - do u have any third party texting apps installed? has this always happened, or did u just notice it recently? if so, what did u recently install, update or change?

Been like this for a little while. Don't have any other SMS apps

so, it's been like that since the beginning, or did it start happening later on? just trying to narrow a time-line down here

Stopped between the 5th and 27th but if I send a picture message and add text to it then it stays bright blue

Edit, narrowed it down to between the 21st and 25th in a different conversation
    Last edited by Geeteedan; 2010-09-17 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what did u do between the 5th and 27th?? haha! maybe try backing up any custom changes u made to the weather code etc. and try reinstalling...only suggestion I can come up with at the moment..sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Trist@n-
    I've spent the last 3 days going through every post in this thread at least twice, as well as various internet searches. As near as I can tell, Geekbro is the only one to post that he's successfully done this. Other than him posting some zip files and telling where to put them (in the themes folder), not much more has been detailed on how to make non-stock weather (or other apps) 'invisible'. I'm very much looking forward to some sort of 'how to' for making this work!!!
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I used iFile to copy the .app folder of the app that I want to make transparent out of the iTunes Application Folder and pasted it in the root Application Folder, then I went back to the iTunes Application Folder and renamed the .app to .app.old. This disabled the auto skinning and allows me to make the icon transparent.

Don't forget to respring.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-17 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I used iFile to copy the .app folder of the app that I want to make transparent out of the iTunes Application Folder and pasted it in the root Application Folder, then I went back to the iTunes Application Folder and renamed the .app to .app.old. This disabled the auto skinning and allows me to make the icon transparent.

Geekbro, you rock!! Finally, the missing piece of the puzzle for me; worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Best. Theme. Ever.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JPSalerno For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post

AWESOME! We will now make a noob level step by step and post it to the FAQ section. Thanks again for your contributions to the theme!

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Just a preview of what to look forward to in the next update:

-New "Orb" style weather widget
    -The original 5 icon Glass Orb dock!(you asked, and I delivered as usual - special thanks to my man floppy_joe)

NOTE: I will NOT be making custom icons for the glass dock! If you don't like the default ones, then don't use the dock

Well, it's a good thing I like them or else I might be forced to stomp around and pout like a toddler!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Gillmore For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-17)

Love the new iPod icon in the goc dock.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to localboy For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default weather orb
    oh, now you have even garnered my interest in the weather orb. Much better than WeatherIcon!!

You've finally got me.

richard

Geekbro, you rock!! Finally, the missing piece of the puzzle for me; worked like a charm!

Thanks!

YES! another mystery solved thanks to this awesome community

Quote Originally Posted by localboy View Post
    Love the new iPod icon in the goc dock.
    thank [email protected] for that

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    oh, now you have even garnered my interest in the weather orb. Much better than WeatherIcon!!

You've finally got me.

richard
    I'm glad something finally convinced u that weathericon was useless

Looks like this has already been addressed (based on the screenshots above) but, just in case, I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm not about to read through 57 pages just to find out! haha So F it.

Anyway... took me forever to figure this one out. I HATED having my damn statusbar clock AND the GOC clock widget. None of the <4.0 solutions seemed to work. I stumbled on an idea that said to use 'makeitmine'. Logically, you wouldn't think this should work since it's supposed to only change the carrier and the banner, but it did. With... a couple downsides. 1) you have to disable the free mem option in SB settings. since this info is listed in the dropdown it's not that big of a deal I guess. the other thing is... you'll no longer have the time elsewhere. I'd love to have the time everywhere but the springboard but apparently that's not possible. even still, this is def better so... if you haven't done it yet, go for it.

Page 42 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast