Page 35 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

I did clear the icon cache and reboot. Just tried again and no joy; I still have a blank globe icon in place of WeatherBug Elite. It launches fine; just not transparent.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

[email protected] that too. Still not working.

Geekbro (or anyone else who has done this successfully):
    If you could post a step-by-step guide to how you made one of your non-stock weather apps transparent, I'd really appreciate it (as I'm sure others would too). Your past post gave the folders and icons, but someone like me is obviously missing something if all I can get is a blank orb; I had to infer some stuff, like where to put the directories, respringing/rebooting, etc. Did you edit the plist or do anything else that might not be apparent to someone with only basic skills with this stuff??
    Thanks,
    Tim

Right now the font color on the Dock icons is black and it is hard to read for me. Is there a way to change it to white? I tried MyStrings and couldn't get it to work

If it is already covered in the previous posts, can some one update the first post with tweaks like this, so that we don't need to read all the posts.

Thank you!

White icon labels in winterboard

Banned
    Thanks

Check my screenies below
    I got a bit of a problem
    anybody got ideas
    on how i can solve em?
    Superman logo kinda small
    What the f*ck
    already tried .png, @2x.png and mad other sh!t
    it's drivin me nuts.
    The Duracell is kinda chill
    not bad for a charging screen
    But anybody know where i can get
    pics of a glock 18?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-001.png   -picture-002.png   -picture-003.png  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheTattooKid For This Useful Post:

leileinyc (2012-07-30)

Quote Originally Posted by TimSS View Post
    I did clear the icon cache and reboot. Just tried again and no joy; I still have a blank globe icon in place of WeatherBug Elite. It launches fine; just not transparent.
    I can't remember where in this thread, but someone posted some app store icons that they use in place of the stock weather and calendar app and they were able to make it transparent..search through the posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    Check my screenies below
    I got a bit of a problem
    anybody got ideas
    on how i can solve em?
    What the f*ck
    it's drivin me nuts.
    pics of a glock 18? :
    looks like your superman logo is not actually @2x...meaning, if u just rename an image that was originally made for the 3GS and lower models, it's not going to make it 2 x's bigger - the file has to actually be 2 x bigger in order to be the correct size for i4...make sense cholo??

Quote Originally Posted by localboy View Post
    White icon labels in winterboard
    I think this suggestion is for me. I tried that, even I tried bringing "White Icon Labels" to the top, however it didn't help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sph View Post
    If it is already covered in the previous posts, can some one update the first post with tweaks like this, so that we don't need to read all the posts.

Thank you!
    how else can we make things easier for u???!!! if u can't read through a few posts, or use the "search this thread' option for an answers, then u should definitely give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by sph View Post
    I think this suggestion is for me. I tried that, even I tried bringing "White Icon Labels" to the top, however it didn't help

Thanks
    it's already been posted here how to do this...I suggest u also follow my advice above. You'll more than likely find your answer more quickly if u actually put in some effort
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-09-13 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    Check my screenies below
    I got a bit of a problem
    anybody got ideas
    on how i can solve em?
    What the f*ck
    it's drivin me nuts.
    pics of a glock 18? :

looks great

can you post your wallpaper please?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    looks like your superman logo is not actually @2x...meaning, if u just rename an image that was originally made for the 3GS and lower models, it's not going to make it 2 x's bigger - the file has to actually be 2 x bigger in order to be the correct size for i4...make sense cholo??
    Good lookin cholo
    things are clearer now
    nothing left to say
    Boom Boom Pow

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    how else can we make things easier for u???!!! if u can't read through a few posts, or use the "search this thread' option for an answers, then u should definitely give it a try

Thanks I figured it out . First time I tried searching with out logging in and it doesn't show the 'Search the thread' option . Now I see how to get it

Thanks anyway!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sph For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-13)

No mewseek icon? Any chance it can be added? I think I had to request it for GOC pro too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    No mewseek icon? Any chance it can be added? I think I had to request it for GOC pro too.
    any chance u can read my first post on how to correctly request icons?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

[email protected] that too. Still not working.

Geekbro (or anyone else who has done this successfully):
    If you could post a step-by-step guide to how you made one of your non-stock weather apps transparent, I'd really appreciate it (as I'm sure others would too). Your past post gave the folders and icons, but someone like me is obviously missing something if all I can get is a blank orb; I had to infer some stuff, like where to put the directories, respringing/rebooting, etc. Did you edit the plist or do anything else that might not be apparent to someone with only basic skills with this stuff??
    Thanks,
    Tim
    You say you have a clear globe, please post screen shot so I can see what is going on. I also have iBlank eliminate icon shadows enabled, also post a sceen shot of your Winterboard settings.

TimSS this is something I also did to remove the black matting i had with World Weather.

Icon Modding: how to remove black icon mattes? - Mac Forums

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-13 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    You say you have a clear globe, please post screen shot so I can see what is going on. I also have iBlank eliminate icon shadows enabled, also post a sceen shot of your Winterboard settings.
    I made a bundles folder for him with a transparent icon, however my theme's appiconmask, and shadow were still being applied, thus the blank icon...I wasn't sure how to work around this, and to be honest didn't put much time in trying to find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post

TimSS this is something I also did to remove the black matting i had with World Weather.

Icon Modding: how to remove black icon mattes? - Mac Forums

Hope this helps.
    Geekbro-
    Attached are my screenshots. Until now, I hadn't enabled iBlank eliminate icon shadows, but I just did, and it didn't make a difference.

As you can see, the globe isn't exactly see-through. I'm not sure if that's the issue keeping it from going 100% transparent (invisible) or not. I think I'll go back to your other thread, take one of your icons, rename, and give it a try. If that doesn't work, I'll have to search and see what TV is suggesting regarding using a different stock app icon.

I appreciate you trying to work through this with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png   -photo2.png  

Last edited by toyvan; 2010-09-14 at 04:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Geekbro-
    Attached are my screenshots. Until now, I hadn't enabled iBlank eliminate icon shadows, but I just did, and it didn't make a difference.

As you can see, the globe isn't exactly see-through. I'm not sure if that's the issue keeping it from going 100% transparent (invisible) or not. I think I'll go back to your other thread, take one of your icons, rename, and give it a try. If that doesn't work, I'll have to search and see what TV is suggesting regarding using a different stock app icon.

I appreciate you trying to work through this with me.
    Did you try the Icon Modding link?

Email has been sent, the weather pics looks amazing can't wait to see it on my retina display.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-14 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me FiVe5tArPlAy3r's Avatar
    Thanks

TV, man I got to say that weather widget is something else, bravo man bravo!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FiVe5tArPlAy3r For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-14)

Page 35 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast