Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Thanks

I can only tell you what worked for me. When I changed my system fonts, it changed my icon fonts.

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    I downloaded the Blade2 font from...

Blade 2 Font | dafont.com

Change the font name to Helvetica.tff and HelveticeNeue.tff.. install into system/library/font/cache...be sure and backup the stock helvetica font.

Then I went into the widget html and changed the font to Helvetica.
    Ok...first error is you provided the wrong extensions...It is .ttf and .ttc. You also misspelled HelveticeNeue.tff which should be HelveticaNeue.ttc. Of course once I fixed this it has locked up my iPhone so will have to restore.

TO OTHER USERS, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNTIL PROPER INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED or FontSwap is fixed.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

It's easy enugh I changed mine yesterday.

It's easy to replace system fonts with custom ones, such as replacing Helvetica. The problem is it gets changed EVERYWHERE. What I wanted to do originally was have this font used only in the weather widget, but couldn't figure out, for the life of me, how to do it. More on that below.

If you want to use this font (keep in mind it will change every instance of Helvetica on your iphone. SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache and replace "Helvetica.ttc" with your new font file. ***Make sure to backup the original!! Name it Helvetica_original or something.***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Ok...first error is you provided the wrong extensions...It is .ttf and .ttc. You also misspelled HelveticeNeue.tff which should be HelveticaNeue.ttc. Of course once I fixed this it has locked up my iPhone so will have to restore.

TO OTHER USERS, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNTIL PROPER INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED or FontSwap is fixed.
    For anyone attepting this, read first...

http://www.reviewmygadgets.com/guide-change-your-iphone-4-system-fonts/

I corrected my original post. You do not have to restore, justt ssh in and replace with the stock fonts, which should have been backed up. The same happened to me when I mis-spelled the first time, stuck at boot logo...ssh'd into the phone and spelled correctly and all was fine.

And like I stated...this is what worked for ME.

Edit: it is the Helvetica.ttc font.
    Last edited by Chuck1969; 2010-09-12 at 08:39 PM.

I only replaced the Helvetica.ttc file

Thanks

Hmmm...no dice, I tried your guidance using Alph Romeo font and renaming to Helvetica.ttf and then changing all of the Aerials in the Widget and no dice.

Also that would only address the widget, I see that your icon names are also bearing a new font. Is there a different version of font swap for iPhone 4??? I cant find anything and font swap is only changing my lock screen clock.
    My apologies, it's the Helvetica.ttc you need to replace.

Default Custom Swap Font
    HOW TO CUSTOMIZE FONT without FontSwap

1. Go to iPhoneRuler | Category Archives: Fonts and find an iPhone4 COMPATIBLE Font. There are 37 pages and those that are compatible have a little blue/white iOS 4 in the upper right corner.

2. Download the .zip file and unzip

3. SSH to /System/Library/Fonts/Cache and RENAME the Native Fonts in the folder that you are going to replace. I always just put a "1" in front of the file name so it moves to the top of the folder.

4. Drop in the files from the newly unzipped folder, they are already named properly.

5. Repring and all fonts will be changed.

6. DO NOT close your WinSCP or SSH manager until AFTER you get a successful respring.

WARNING: Make SURE you are replacing the correct file...there are files with .ttc and .ttf with same names so be careful.

NOTE: If you get a non-compatible font and your iPhone keeps rebooting. You will see the Apple logo then the spinning loader icon will show. When the loader icon is up, delete the Helvetica file you just dropped in and remove the "1" from the original file, renaming it back to its original status. Do this for all files that you changed/dropped in. It will only work if the loader icon is showing so if the apple goes white again, stop and wait, letting WinSCP keep attempting to reconnect until it does so.

Following the guidance above will prevent a restore if you screw up like I did.

Hope this helps everyone get font changes without fontswap.

You will have to go in to into the widget.html to change the widget Time and Date as noted by Showstopper.

@showstopper...didnt mean to dime you out my friend, I got frustrated and should not have posted until I figured it out. It helps when posting instructions if all things are noted so that idgets like myself only use the right things. I thank you for attempting to help me and others get some font changes.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (2010-09-12), EskimoRuler (2010-09-14), FiVe5tArPlAy3r (2010-09-12), Geekbro (2010-09-13), le-tap (2010-09-13), toyvan (2010-09-13), whtnite (2010-09-12)

Thanks

^^^no worries brother...I freaked when mine wouldn't reboot when I spelled mine incorrectly...sorry for the incorrect file name. =(

This is why I leave **** like this to the pros! Lol

@ [email protected]

wow just noticed your from kentucky lol i thought i was the only one from kentucky on here lmao

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    @ [email protected]

wow just noticed your from kentucky lol i thought i was the only one from kentucky on here lmao
    Nope...been here since 2007, little longer then iPhone has been on the market

Leaving next year though...cant wait to get away from all of this heat and humidity

Back to Montana where there is no people, no politics, no fanatics and nothing but peace and quite, 4 seasons, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

Nope...been here since 2007, little longer then iPhone has been on the market

Leaving next year though...cant wait to get away from all of this heat and humidity:

Back to Montana where there is no people, no politics, no fanatics and nothing but peace and quite, 4 seasons, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!
    yea i hate this shitty little place.. lol.. but ill be moving up to indiana myself going to the big city.. montana i been there once no complaints

Thanks

Default Thanks!
    Toy, first want to thank you for your amazing products. Also, [email protected] for all the help you give also. Had been rocking PRO for a long time. Second, I like these options here only because the bright colors would really show off the HDness, if you know what I mean (btw, the night one is sick). Perhaps the ability for the end-user to try both and see which they like, either released or us SSH'ing it? Just curious Again, thanks for all that you do!

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    would anyone be interested in something like this? similar concept as to what floppy_joe posted earlier, but more of what I had in mind when I was trying to sleep the other night

AMD fanboy

My iPhone is a Part of Me FiVe5tArPlAy3r's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you, [email protected] for clearing that up with the fonts, it worked like a charm

I'm from Kentucky (harlan) as well guys, living in Atl GA now, so I'm bleeding blue with ya guys!
    Last edited by FiVe5tArPlAy3r; 2010-09-12 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^^my hood! =)

Looking for some help making non-stock weather and calendar apps transparent.

Based on what I could find (Toyvan post post #343 and Geekbro post #529), I cobbled together the following steps to TRY and make WeatherBug Elite transparent (so I could hide under the weather display on the Springboard), but it's not working. If someone could fill in the missing step(s), I'd very much appreciate it. And then I want to try making it work for Pocket Informant instead of the stock calendar app.

Anyway, I SSH'd into my phone and created a folder with the same name as the CFBundleIdentifier of WeatherBug Elite:
    private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.aws.weatherbug.elite

In this folder, I put two blank icons (copied from one of the folders in TV's post), and named them according to the CFBundleIdentifier Database: WeatherBugEliteIcon_Small.png and [email protected]

This didn't work (no change whatsoever with the WeatherBug Elite icon on the Springboard), so I deletd my created folder and next tried what I think Geekbro did: create an 'invisible' WeatherBug Elite theme:

Created the folder private/var/stash/Themes/Invisible_WeatherBug_Elite/Bundles/com.aws.weatherbug.elite

In this folder, I put the two icons listed above, rebooted, selected the new theme in Winterboard, and got a blank orb where before I had WeatherBug Elite on my Springboard. So, I feel like I'm making progress, but obviously, I need to make it transparent to be successful, and that's where I'm stuck.

So, I'm missing some major steps here. In Geekbro's post, he has 3 folders posted for 3 different apps, and they all vary slightly in content and organization--not sure what I have to do in my case. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Last edited by TimSS; 2010-09-13 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks

Ok, new to SSHing and whatnot, and figured I may also need to ask permission. I liked the signal bars, wifi, 3g symbols used from GOC pro. Can we/are we allowed to use them on HD and if so, what is the process for this? I have looked at threads that use different programs' images and whatnot, but I really like these ones. Using iFile on iPhone 4 atm.
    AMD fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by bignick85 View Post
    Ok, new to SSHing and whatnot, and figured I may also need to ask permission. I liked the signal bars, wifi, 3g symbols used from GOC pro. Can we/are we allowed to use them on HD and if so, what is the process for this? I have looked at threads that use different programs' images and whatnot, but I really like these ones. Using iFile on iPhone 4 atm.
    All they are is image files in the Bundles Folder. All you have to do is pull the .png from PRO and move them to the Bundles folder in HD. The names may be different so using iFunBox could be beneficial when working with images. The other downside is that the images for PRO will not be HD images and will look blurry when you put them in HD.

Hope that helps, good luck

19. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

bignick85 (2010-09-13)

Thanks

[email protected], appreciate the help. Normally I don't ask how to, normally do all the research. Just wasn't sure if doing this would 'crack' it.
    Last edited by bignick85; 2010-09-13 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Figured out the answer :)
    AMD fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by bignick85 View Post
    [email protected], appreciate the help. Normally I don't ask how to, normally do all the research. Just wasn't sure if doing this would 'crack' it.
    Nope, not at all. We do not mind modifications to the theme for personalization. It is cracking it so that it is free that will pose problems and additional code that would be installed to wreck havoc on pirates. Modifying the theme to personalize it after paying for it is not cracking.

Make your changes and share with the rest of us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimSS View Post
    Looking for some help making non-stock weather and calendar apps transparent.

Based on what I could find (Toyvan post post #343 and Geekbro post #529), I cobbled together the following steps to TRY and make WeatherBug Elite transparent (so I could hide under the weather display on the Springboard), but it's not working. If someone could fill in the missing step(s), I'd very much appreciate it. And then I want to try making it work for Pocket Informant instead of the stock calendar app.

Anyway, I SSH'd into my phone and created a folder with the same name as the CFBundleIdentifier of WeatherBug Elite:
    private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.aws.weatherbug.elite

In this folder, I put two blank icons (copied from one of the folders in TV's post), and named them according to the CFBundleIdentifier Database: WeatherBugEliteIcon_Small.png and [email protected]

This didn't work (no change whatsoever with the WeatherBug Elite icon on the Springboard), so I deletd my created folder and next tried what I think Geekbro did: create an 'invisible' WeatherBug Elite theme:

Created the folder private/var/stash/Themes/Invisible_WeatherBug_Elite/Bundles/com.aws.weatherbug.elite

In this folder, I put the two icons listed above, rebooted, selected the new theme in Winterboard, and got a blank orb where before I had WeatherBug Elite on my Springboard. So, I feel like I'm making progress, but obviously, I need to make it transparent to be successful, and that's where I'm stuck.

So, I'm missing some major steps here. In Geekbro's post, he has 3 folders posted for 3 different apps, and they all vary slightly in content and organization--not sure what I have to do in my case. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Did you clear your icon cache and reboot?

Page 34 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast