Page 27 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betong88888 View Post
    mine is jb in 4.0.1. i just wnt to restore it coz its freezing, i cnt use it, so theres a way to restore it to 4.0.1
    Its freezing up because you got a bad install or installed an additional theme, application or program from Cydia or Rock.

Do NOT restore or you will end up with 4.1 or 4.0.2 which there is no jailbreak for. You do not have the experience to recover.

One at a time, uninstall this theme, then backtrack and uninstall each thing that you installed through Cydia or Rock, use the management programs in each...dont just delete it. After each uninstall, Reboot the iPhone (not respring). You will find that you probably installed a program that was not iPhone4 ready.

Patience and remembering what you recently installed will fix/recover your iPhone without a restore.

Good Luck

Guys...One of you needs to set up a STEP BY STEP on how you did the native wallpaper like I have done in my instruction posts. Make it so that the noobest of noobs can follow and understand, there are three examples I have posted. I thank everyone for all the hard, volunteer work that has been shared but would like to see it simplified so that we are not filling up this thread with little how to's because it was not clear.

Great work and it is awesome to see such a great group becoming a family!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-09 at 04:51 AM.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-09)

yah, but the problem i can open it for a long time, it freezes,
    it happens this morning when i update the GOC Hd themes,

iPhone? More like MyPhone Geekbro's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Easier way to add Native Wallpaper.
    Download the 2 attached files.
    1. LockBackground.txt
    2. HomeBackground.txt

If you do not already have iPhone Explorer please go to link below.
    iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Connect your iPhone to computer, open up iPhone Explorer.

1. Expand the Root Directory
    2. Click on "Library"
    3. Double click "Themes"
    4. Double Click "User Lock Background.theme"
    5. Drag LockBackground.txt to this folder.
    6. Double Click the name and rename it to Wallpaper.html
    7. Click on "User Wallpaper.theme"
    8. Drag HomeBackground.txt to this folder.
    9. Double Click the name and rename it to Wallpaper.html
    10. Respring device.
    11. Go to Winterboard on the iPhone and Select User Wallpaper.
    12. Now you can use Native Wallpaper.
    13. You have to respring each time you change Wallpaper.

*The same thing goes for User Lock Background, make sure both of these are at the Top of your list in Winterboard.*
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-09 at 05:16 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

luvmyiPhone_la (2010-09-10), toyvan (2010-09-09), [email protected] (2010-09-09)

Default QuickLock
    Not sure if this icon is available. I have not downloaded the update yet. Just trying to be helpful. This will need to be properly renamed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -quicklock-2x.png  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pro_b For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-09)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Download the 2 attached files.
    1. LockBackground.txt
    2. HomeBackground.txt

If you do not already have iPhone Explorer please go to link below.
    iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Connect your iPhone to computer, open up iPhone Explorer.

1. Expand the Root Directory
    2. Click on "Library"
    3. Double click "Themes"
    4. Double Click "User Lock Background.theme"
    5. Drag LockBackground.txt to this folder.
    6. Double Click the name and rename it to Wallpaper.html
    7. Click on "User Wallpaper.theme"
    8. Drag HomeBackground.txt to this folder.
    9. Double Click the name and rename it to Wallpaper.html
    10. Respring device.
    11. Go to Winterboard on the iPhone and Select User Wallpaper.
    12. Now you can use Native Wallpaper.
    13. You have to respring each time you change Wallpaper.

*The same thing goes for User Lock Background, make sure both of these are at the Top of your list in Winterboard.*
    Thanks for sharing this. If it's ok with u I'll just attach a pre-made zip with a 'G.O.C. HD_UserWallpaper.theme' to my first post...I'll make sure all credit goes to u of course

Question is there any way to change the area of the screen where the weather and date widget are? Like bottom or middle of the screen?

Default Weather config
    Hey everybody!

First of all i'm not a *noob* in this thing. BUT i've been trying to change the location *var locale = blablabla* and fahrenheit settings BUT none of them are in the widget file.

so i tried

1. Go: Yahoo! Weather
    2. Enter your City or zip code(press enter), then click on the "Extended Forecast" option underneath the "6-10 DAY"
    3. In the top address bar of your browser you'll see an address, for example: "http://weather....USNY0996...."
    4. This the Weather code that you need, for example: USNY0996
    5. Now SSH into your device using iFile and navigate to:
    private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather.theme/Widget.html
    6. Select 'Text viewer' and scroll down to where you see "var locale = "USNY0996" //e.g..", press 'Edit'(top right) and then edit the code to your hometown code that you found on yahoo weather(5 digit zip code also works for U.S. Cities).
    7. If you want to change to celsius look in the same Widget.html string for this: "Farenheit var isCelsius = false" and change it to "true"
    8. Press 'Done'.

but it's just not there, tried to find it via notepad word finder, neither the var locale thing nor the fahrenheit thing are showing up SO i'd like it if somebody could help me up... i just don't know what to do anymore. thanks in advance!

Thanks

Of course it is ok.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Geekbro For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-09)

Thanks

Default Make Pocket Weather, World Weather and Clock Invisible Apps
    I am not a great fan of the Apple Weather app. I prefer World Weather and Pocket Weather, both are available thru the App Store. I also like the clock to be invisible as well so hen you touch the clock area on the far right the clock opens up.

I have invisible applications going all the way across the top area on Home Page: Pocket Weather, World Weather, Calendar and Clock. I have attached three files that allowed me to do so, you will have to unzip the files and copy them into the Themes folder. Follow the instructions on first page to hide the names.

Hopes this helps someone.

Edit
    Fixed Weather Icon in "Invisible Clock, Calendar, Weather.theme.zip"
    Wasn't using it on my phone, it will be invisible now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-09-09 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratts View Post
    Question is there any way to change the area of the screen where the weather and date widget are? Like bottom or middle of the screen?
    not sure what you're asking exactly - do u want to move the weather & date or the background?

Quote Originally Posted by avenger411 View Post
    Hey everybody!

First of all i'm not a *noob* in this thing. BUT i've been trying to change the location *var locale = blablabla* and fahrenheit settings BUT none of them are in the widget file.

so i tried

2. Enter your City or zip code(press enter), then click on the "Extended Forecast" option underneath the "6-10 DAY"
    3. In the top address bar of your browser you'll see an address, for example: "http://weather....USNY0996...."
    6. Select 'Text viewer' and scroll down to where you see "var locale = "USNY0996" //e.g..", press 'Edit'(top right) and then edit the code to your hometown code that you found on yahoo weather(5 digit zip code also works for U.S. Cities).
    7. If you want to change to celsius look in the same Widget.html string for this: "Farenheit var isCelsius = false" and change it to "true"
    8. Press 'Done'.

but it's just not there, tried to find it via notepad word finder, neither the var locale thing nor the fahrenheit thing are showing up SO i'd like it if somebody could help me up... i just don't know what to do anymore. thanks in advance!
    it's there my friend! What program do you use to SSH?

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbro View Post
    Of course it is ok.

Cool! I might just even add it to an update to make it easier for those who don't know how to SSH or follow instructions

blabla love this theme
    Last edited by avenger411; 2010-09-09 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well i just want to edit the city for the weather and the celsius thingy. i've removed it. re-downed, re-installed, did step by step, and the lines var locale and farenheit iscelsius blabla aren't there. it's kinda weird..
    ummm..that is the G.O.C. HD_Date.theme widget.html..u need to go into the G.O.C. HD_Weather.theme....oops!

Please edit your post now and remove all that code...hahaha
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-09-09 at 06:36 AM.

well.. i don,t have it, only have G.O.C HD weather + Date theme...

here's the *proof* lol...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...1/Untitled.jpg

i ain,t crazy
    Last edited by avenger411; 2010-09-09 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well.. i don,t have it, only have G.O.C HD weather + Date theme...

here's the *proof* lol...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...1/Untitled.jpg

i ain,t crazy
    I just assumed you had the 1.1-1 update...my bad! Weather+Date was removed...So you're good now??

Thanks

Hey everybody!

so i tried

8. Press 'Done'.

Do yourself a favor and get iFile, a lot quicker and easier to use than SSH in my humble opinion.

peanut butter jelly time. yes i am, didn't know about the update... thx you've been real quick

geek, i have it, just too lazy i guess...
    Last edited by avenger411; 2010-09-09 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i bet you geekbro can combine the date widget.html with the weather widget.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

We need stickies

Quote Originally Posted by floppy_joe View Post
    i bet you geekbro can combine the date widget.html with the weather widget.html
    that would be ohhhhh soooooo shaweeeeet! can u geekbro, can u, huh huh?!?!?!?!?!

Ok you have the date and weather widget set at the top of the screen. Is there any way I can move the widgets to maybe the center of the screen or bottom. Hope this is a bit clearer

Page 27 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast