Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

I have solved my issue with the native weather app not orbing. I think it has something to do with Celsius and Fahrenheit options in the weather app
    This is what I did:
    1. SSH to /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather
    2. Copy the [email protected] so you have two of them
    3. Rename one of the [email protected] to [email protected] exactly
    4. Respring and it should fix it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mortalcyrax For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (2010-09-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Tristen. I always forget to check the OP for edits

Is there a PSD available? I'll cone back and post icons and bundles I make of course

Thanks guys!! Looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headcheese For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After reading this thread about weather, I'm glad to live in a place that warrants putting weather talk on the back burner. My only concern about weather is when it gets over 125. Hardly ever rains, almost every day is sunny and hot. Too boring for an icon or space on every page (4 icons)for me to reminded about what is outside.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Need some help here...

I have completly deleted the theme, then reinstalled with Rock. (Looks like Rock caches, but I did go into the phone with Diskaid and delete everything.)

I reinstalled and deleted the icon cache, as the stock icons were only themed. No luck. Still no change.

I have the two no undocked labels and the main theme checked in WB, in the order instructed on the first page.

What am I doing incorrectly?

I did a respring as well as a complete restart (both buttons until white apple).

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortalcyrax View Post
    I have solved my issue with the native weather app not orbing. I think it has something to do with Celsius and Fahrenheit options in the weather app
    This is what I did:
    1. SSH to /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather
    2. Copy the [email protected] so you have two of them
    3. Rename one of the [email protected] to [email protected] exactly
    4. Respring and it should fix it
    I had put other countries out of the picture because I was thinking language and not the Celsius/Fahrenheit thing. Need others to try and validate this so that we can nip this issue in the bud.

THANK YOU so much for what could be the problem solver!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pocketdoc View Post
    Need some help here...

I have completly deleted the theme, then reinstalled with Rock. (Looks like Rock caches, but I did go into the phone with Diskaid and delete everything.)

I reinstalled and deleted the icon cache, as the stock icons were only themed. No luck. Still no change.

I have the two no undocked labels and the main theme checked in WB, in the order instructed on the first page.

What am I doing incorrectly?

I did a respring as well as a complete restart (both buttons until white apple).
    Try also activating the weather widget. There should be four checked in Winterboard and Summerboard needs to be UNCHECKED.

You are still the only one with this issue, so do not know what you are doing wrong. The theme is working on iPhone 4 and by the looks of it 3GS as well. I have no more answers for you at this time.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by headcheese View Post
    Thanks Tristen. I always forget to check the OP for edits

Is there a PSD available? I'll cone back and post icons and bundles I make of course

Thanks guys!! Looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    .psd will be loaded tomorrow when Toy comes back...my version is outdated and there is a cleaner one now.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-06 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

edit: looks like problem solved. great job! not even my phone but it wouldve bugged me all night, lol.

on another note. @headcheese and anyone else
    i combined the weather html into the wallpaper.html, so location is usually in Widget.html, but for this one it is in Wallpaper.html. the wallpaper.html creates the wallpaper and loads the weather. the widget.html displays date and time.

now to get really technical and confusing. I have changed all of this on mine and will be suggesting the same to toyvan.

1. I changed the weather html back to Widget.html.
    2. I moved the Date Widget.html to a separate add on theme (cant have 2 widgets in the same folder)
    3. Made it so the Wallpaper.html just handles the wallpaper, but moved it to separate add-on themes for each wallpaper color.

now i can change the wallpaper on the fly in wb

9. The Following User Says Thank You to floppy_joe For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks for the help, but not working.

I am using an iPhone4. Nothing else is checked in WB, just those 4 things.

Would Infiniboard or Infinidock affect the theme? That is the only other thing I can think of.

celsius fix didnt work lol

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfreak26 View Post
    celsius fix didnt work lol
    Do you have two files called [email protected] & [email protected] in /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather

If you do have two files the only other thing I can suggest would be to delete /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather because this folder makes the icon transparent

Toy Van,

I've been waiting for this theme for sooo long! THANK YOU!!!

2 issues I am having. BTW, I followed your steps completely from top to bottom in your original post.

ISSUE 1: NONE of the wallpapers are displaying properly on my iphone 4 - no1 seems to know why! It shows black top left corner of the screen. This happens with every theme I apply (not just yours) from winterboard. If I have no theme set, then wallpapers work fine ??

Heres a screenshot: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7996/photor.png

This is really bugging me as I can set NO themes on my i4 becuase of it. What about if I transfer a normal size wallpaper to the directory, instead of the HD 960 one (via SSH) ? I heard some people cant display wallpapers via winterbaord becuase winterboard cant load HD sized ones?

ISSUE 2:
    You're weather app icon is displaying for me, when you have mentioned it should be hidden, just like the calendar one. The calendar one is hidden, yet my weather icon is deafult and visible. Also in the screen shot. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mortalcyrax View Post
    Do you have two files called [email protected] & [email protected] in /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather

If you do have two files the only other thing I can suggest would be to delete /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather because this folder makes the icon transparent
    Yep files are there.. Deleted the bundle and the weather icon is still there

lol

@ truestar i would suggest reinstalling winterboard. cant hurt

same goes for the folks having weather icon issues

remove it. power off, back on the re-install it

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfreak26 View Post
    Yep files are there.. Deleted the bundle and the weather icon is still there

lol
    If you want the weather icon to be transparent, so it can be placed underneath the widget then you need to place the [email protected] & [email protected] in /Library/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather

Then respring your device. If that does not work try turning summerboard on, then respring, then summerboard off and repsring again. I have been able to make my weather icon transparent using this method and I have been able to make it orbed like the rest.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mortalcyrax For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay guys...here is the scoop:

I now have the same bug as everyone else. One of three things happened:

I synced with the new iTunes 10 to add the emoji HD App
    My emoji user option had disaperred somewhere over the last few days.
    I reinstalled emoji function
    I also update Gridlock

One of those 3 things caused the Native Weather Icon to loose its invisibility.

I am leaning towards iTunes 10 and Apple upgraded something to change the function of the Native Weather App which in turn messed up the widget.

I have tried the possible fix and that is not the fix. I now have the same bug and am doing every test I can to try to fix it.

I need a volunteer to sync with iTunes 10 and see if that brings the Native Weather App out of transparency.

I need someone else to check the emoji side of the house...did your emoji function disappear? Try to reactivate and see if it uncovers the Weather app.

I do not think it is Gridlock so will leave that one alone for now.

Lets see what we can figure out together

BINGO...mortalcyrax has found the fix. This just worked for me as he was posting while I was posting the above. I need verification from others with same problem and we will post to Instructions. I still believe it is a sync with iTunes 10.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-06 at 02:36 AM.

I done what mortalcyrax said and now it's invisible! It went when I put summerboard on, respring then back off!

well i suggested reinstalling wb cuz i thought you had already tried that

iTunes 10 must be the problem because I had synced with iTunes 10 before applying this theme

Thanks

Default Native Weather App Transparency FIX
    FIX for Native Weather App Transparency BUG:

1. SSH to /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme/Bundles/com.apple.weather
    2. Drag and copy [email protected] to desk top and rename [email protected]
    3. Drop the newly named copy back into the same folder. (There should be two icons now)
    4. Go to Winterboard and put a check mark in Summerboard
    5. Respring
    6. Go back to Winterboard and uncheck Summerboard
    7. Respring
    8. Your Native Weather App should now be transparent and can be placed
    in position 1 of your Homepage.

NOTE: I believe this to be caused by syncing with iTunes 10 and an unseen/unknown
    update to the Native Weather Icon.

THANK YOU mortalcyrax...You are AWESOME!!!

24 HOUR Format

To change your time to 24 hour format:

1. SSH to: /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme
    2. Select Widget.html
    3. Find the following line of code and change the 12's to 24
    Yours should look exactly like the lines of code here:

function updateClock ( )
    {
    var currentTime = new Date ( );

var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );
    var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes ( );
    var currentSeconds = currentTime.getSeconds ( );

// Pad the minutes and seconds with leading zeros, if required
    currentMinutes = ( currentMinutes < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentMinutes;
    currentSeconds = ( currentSeconds < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentSeconds;

// Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
    var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 24 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

// Convert the hours component to 24-hour format if needed
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 24 ) ? currentHours - 24 : currentHours;

4. To get rid of the AM/PM insert two // in front of:

var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

So that it looks like this:

function init2 ( )
    {
    timeDisplay = document.createTextNode ( "" );
    document.getElementById("ampm").appendChild ( timeDisplay );
    }

function amPm ( )
    {
    var currentTime = new Date ( );

var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );

// Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
    //var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

5. Respring: You should now be in 24 hour mode.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-06 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

claireth (2010-09-06), le-tap (2010-09-06), rapidtommo (2010-09-06), Tezz001 (2010-09-06), toyvan (2010-09-06), TV-Junkie (2010-09-12)

greeting good job thank you has you on the contrary if you could make some icon for iblanc, flashight, ztoggle, backgrounder, mobile terminal, game center and n64iphone thank you!!! [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by le-tap; 2010-09-06 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFire187 View Post
    Thanks Trist... Maybe I'll put up with the regular icons. Also, you know when you press an icon that gray circle appears? Is there a way to get rid of that?
    FreeFire...sorry it took so long to respond...was working on the big bug and also the 24 hour fix.

I have looked and my previous change does not fix the gray circle issue. I have not found which UI button png it is, but it is one of them and you can try just renaming each file with a 1, respring until you find the one that no longer presents the gray circle.

It is in the UI Folder of G.O.C. HD, just have to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by le-tap View Post
    greeting good job thank you has you on the contrary if you could make some icon for iblanc, flashight, ztoggle, backgrounder, final motive, game center and n64iphone thank you!!!
    Those four icons look like Cydia Apps and will be updated in the next update. It is no longer as simple as creating an icon and dropping it in the theme icon folder (which as you can see, is no longer there)

We have to create bundles for each Cydia App now to create an orb icon. Please place all Cydia apps in a folder for now so that the regular icons do not mess up the theme and we will fix with the next update.

Thank You
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-06 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

26. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

le-tap (2010-09-06)

Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast