Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2790

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

@Elektrobank: I gave Toy step by step instructions on custom wallpaper and they should be in FAQ on post 1.

Your wallpaper problem is because you need to change the wallpaper in the date/weather widget you are using, NOT the wallpaper in the G.O.C. HD.theme folder. You MUST also now have two copies...Wallpaper.png & [email protected] in the widget folder.

@Razorinthe60s: please refer to post 1 ofthis thread and read FAQ to fix most of your problems. Not ALL native apps are customized, please refer to post 1 for what HD comes with.
    To change dock icons go to bundle in the Glass Dock Folder. I'm on iPhone so can't give you direct path. Make sure that the icon you use is named EXACTLY like the one you replace.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2011-02-16 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@[email protected]..I read the FAQ looking for info on my issue and it says user walls don't work on 4.2.1. They did in the last version. I just had to rename the camera and map icon files. Any way I can downgrade to that version of the theme?

@Schakal: All dock icons are located in the Glass Dock theme bundles folder. You should not have to add any bundles, just swap out the icons.

@Natrix...We totally understand and support you desires, however, Apple does not. They decided to change the way that native wallpaper works for those that jailbreak and theme. Themers must now manually add/change their wallpaper in the widget folder via ssh or iFile. Apple has completely blocked access to the wallpaper folder. Until someone can figure out another method or app, we are stuck with the manual method. Even BossPaper is completely useless now. Sorry, but it is not the themes fault.

@Natrix post 2: As I stated, Apple did this, not the themers. Downgrading the theme to a previous version will not fix the problem. You could change back to iOS 4.1.x and jailbreak and use the previous theme and that would give you what you are looking for. If you stay on 4.2.x or even go to 4.3.x when released then the problem will remain until someone a lot smarter then me figures out away around Apples changes...sorry

I also posted "multiple" times to back up your old version by copying the folders to your desk top for this exact reason. We do not maintain or store old releases...only those that backup will have the old version.

Always, always backup computers, iPhones and any other data devise before making changes. Themes, Cydia apps, iTunes Store Apps, Music, Videos, Movies...should ALL be backed up BEFORE making changes.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2011-02-16 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you select one of the weather widgets, the date on the calendar apps disappears. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Just a heads up, it has been said that fontswap doesn't work with 4.2.1 to change the clock font on the lock screen, but it is working just fine for me! I have the Porsche font installed and it is great!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    @Schakal: All dock icons are located in the Glass Dock theme bundles folder. You should not have to add any bundles, just swap out the icons.
    Ah I got the problem. I changed them inside the G.O.C.-HD-Theme instead of the Glass-Dock-Theme. Now the Safari-Icon is all right but the iCabMobile-Icon is inside a bubble.
    What I did is changed the bundle's name inside the Glass-Dock-Theme from com.apple.mobilesafari to de.icab.iCabMobile and changed the name to Icon-iPhone4.png (I also made copies of the file called Icon-iPad.png, Icon.png and [email protected] just to be sure).

@flemmo Yes the calendar and weather apps will disappear. It is designed that way for the widget you have chosen. Choose one of the others if you want to see your apps.

Please read Post 1 in the FAQ...it explains this and how to set it up.

@Schakal...for the dock icons, you have to create your own icon. Take the icon that is currently in the position you want to change, drag it to a graphics editor and put your image in place of the one there. Create anew bundle in glass dock theme and put all in bundles folder. Remove the bundle that you are not going to use. If that is not clear, I will type step by step when I get home in3 hours.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2011-02-16 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great job first of all...only took me a matter of minutes to get things how I wanted.

Quick question unrelated to the update though...is it possible to remove the labels from only 2 icons while keeping the rest? More specifically the weather and calendar apps? I have too many folders that I need named to remove all labels.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

CKATES15 (2011-02-16)

After the update i can't get the user wallpaper to work.
    I tried everything in this thread but to no avail it doesnt work.
    It was working fine before i updated the theme.

Thank you...can't wait to get out of work and mess with with all the added wallpapers!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    @Schakal...for the dock icons, you have to create your own icon. Take the icon that is currently in the position you want to change, drag it to a graphics editor and put your image in place of the one there. Create anew bundle in glass dock theme and put all in bundles folder. Remove the bundle that you are not going to use. If that is not clear, I will type step by step when I get home in3 hours.
    sorry but it's not clear, i want to use the small firefox icon, but it shall be used by another program ( which is also a browser, which is why I did not want to change it). I already managed to change the icon by renaming the bundle inside of the Glass-Dock-Theme but as I said I got a bubble around it. Or do I also need to create a bundle inside of the GOC-Theme?

@mrbunglez: PLEASE read the last two pages of posts. I have clearly posted how to fix your wallpaper issue. I am just not going to keep repeating myself over and over when the answer was just posted apage or two back!

People...Would you PLEASE, please, read Post #1 and the FAQ of this thread and then read at LEAST the last 5 pages of a thread before asking a question or presenting a problem!!! 95% of the time, the answer is already posted!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default keeping my frustrations at bay...
    I've had no luck with user wallpaper, in spite of the FAQ. No luck with actual pointing to the file, or even using the thumbnail option as an alternative "just to see".

I've had to enable G.O.C. HD_UserWall (in spite of the fact that it says it is broken in 4.2.1) in order to get a full, totally black background which I guess I'm going to learn to live with.

I do have to say, that what Apple has done with this version will, for the most part cut Themer's future sales in half or more. My own opinion, but I don't think the average joe is going to jump through hoops and such as this in order to have what they want. I'm one of these people... i just got to say, although not directed at you personally, but I am highly disappointed.

regards
    reb

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rebraun For This Useful Post:

mrbunglez (2011-02-16)

Quote Originally Posted by rebraun View Post
    I've had no luck with user wallpaper, in spite of the FAQ. No luck with actual pointing to the file, or even using the thumbnail option as an alternative "just to see".

I've had to enable G.O.C. HD_UserWall (in spite of the fact that it says it is broken in 4.2.1) in order to get a full, totally black background which I guess I'm going to learn to live with.

I do have to say, that what Apple has done with this version will, for the most part cut Themer's future sales in half or more. My own opinion, but I don't think the average joe is going to jump through hoops and such as this in order to have what they want. I'm one of these people... i just got to say, although not directed at you personally, but I am highly disappointed.

regards
    reb
    I hear where you're coming from. Luckily I've taken a couple intro courses for various programming languages and have a (very) basic understanding of how all this stuff works. But I just jailbroke my buddy's phone and pointed him towards this theme. He immediately said it wasn't for him because he has no idea how to do anything. If he can't just click on buttons to make things work, he'll move on. But I love this theme anyway!

I went through youre whole tutorial with no luck through ifile and cyberduck.
    It doesnt work. If you want to get pissy you just lost a customer and now i want a refund.
    And if you read i told you i went through the whole FAQ and it still doesnt work after this update it was working perfectly sans update.

@Schakal: To "replace" for example, the current glass dock Safari icon.
    Drag the original icon from the Safari bundle to your desktop.
    Open the icon in Photoshop or GIMP and create a layer with your image over top of other image, resize, delete old and save.
    Now replace the original safari icon with your creation and respring.
    Can't explain it any easier.

Default Hey there
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    I went through youre whole tutorial with no luck through ifile and cyberduck.
    It doesnt work. If you want to get pissy you just lost a customer and now i want a refund.
    And if you read i told you i went through the whole FAQ and it still doesnt work after this update it was working perfectly sans update.
    Could you describe exactly what you tried with Ifile and cyberduck that doesn't work? I was having trouble at first but the more I messed around with those 2 programs the more things started making sense with the FAQ.

Default fyi!!
    FYI!!! Setting user wallpaper is broken on all devices with 4.2.1!! This is the case for ALL themes, not just mine..you can thank apple for that .

However, if you're familiar with open SSH then u can manually apply your own wallpapers on springboard and lockscreen. I will be posting a 'how to' soon. Cheers!

EDIT: Added info to FAQ
    Last edited by toyvan; 2011-02-16 at 09:57 PM.

>>>>>>>HOW TO CHANGE WALLPAPER & LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER iOS 4.2.1+<<<<<<<

iOS 4.2.1 and we assume future updates, have altered the way that theme users change wallpapers. BossPaper and other wallpaper changing apps no longer function properly in iOS 4.2.1. Apple has also managed to make the native wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper no longer function properly for themers.

To handle this inconvenience will require users to manually change wallpaper and lock screen wallpaper until other ways can be discovered.

To accomplish the manual change of wallpapers, users must learn how to ssh and will require the purchase and use of iFile if you wish to change wallpapers on the road.

We recommend that initial setup be accomplished while at home on your Mac or PC. You will need to put all of the wallpaper you desire to use in one folder and do the following:

1) Create two copies of each wallpaper and name them Subject_Wallpaper.png and [email protected] (Subject_ = the identity of your wallpaper and will be deleted when you want to activate)

2) Once you have all the wallpapers done that you wish to carry, you will need to ssh to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C. HD_W+D.theme (or ...HD_W+DMOD.theme or ...HD_W+D.theme or the same .themes that say (no dock))
    Drop your wallpaper collection into that folder, make sure you rename the default so you do not overwrite it.

3) Decide on which wallpaper you want to use for the moment and ssh or iFile in and delete "Subject_" and leave only Wallpaper.png and [email protected]

4) Respring and your wallpaper should be showing.

5) To alter your Lock Screen Wallpaper you will need to select one of the two Tap...to unlock .themes or Slide(r)...to unlock themes. Path should look similiar to /private/var/stash/Themes.xXxxXx/G.O.C.HDTapAniLS.theme/Images.

Your own images that you want to use should be all named Subject_Default.png.
    THE @2x.png double is not needed here.
    Again, rename the original or you will loose the cool one that comes with the theme. All other changes are done the same as above by using ssh or iFile and then respringing.

Until another way is figured out, this is the only way to use personal wallpapers with ANY theme. When another way is figured out, then we will update the step-by-step instructions.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2011-02-16 at 08:48 PM.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

mrbunglez (2011-02-16), Razorinthe60s (2011-02-16), Skunkie-71 (2011-02-17), toyvan (2011-02-16)

Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast