Page 104 of 140 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2790

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by barryson77 View Post
    yes you are right i hate that shadow,i cant get pass it,i guess thats y u are making the best theme for us out here,keep on the hard work
    I'm gonna do some research today. Surely another iPhone 4 themer has already updated and discovered all the 4.2.1 changes and fixes

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Anyone knows how to keep the folder names without affecting the apps names?
    Read FAQ in Post 1...I clearly explain how to do this and what to use.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks ToyVan...

I hope i helped out a little with the zip file i posted here a page or 2 back... its only for the icons.

the rest is for the professionals, im not even close to it.
    ill just keep on learning for now.

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I'm gonna do some research today. Surely another iPhone 4 themer has already updated and discovered all the 4.2.1 changes and fixes
    I'm working my way through the changes in this post right now:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...p-4-2-1-a.html

He definitely has a few errors in there that I've found already like proper capitalization on filenames and such, but I'll let ya know how it turns out when I'm done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-12-07)

Quote Originally Posted by LanMan66 View Post
    I'm working my way through the changes in this post right now:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...p-4-2-1-a.html

He definitely has a few errors in there that I've found already like proper capitalization on filenames and such, but I'll let ya know how it turns out when I'm done.
    Hey man...long time no see! I was just in that same thread and started making a few changes until I got a bit worried that some files might not be properly capitalized or named correctly...especially since I can't even test to confirm! So I don't want to release an update until I have EXACT info. Thanks for confirming and if u get it all working please share the info!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-12-07 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey man...long time no see! I was just in that same thread and started making a few changes until I got a bit worried that some files might not be properly capitalized or named correctly...especially since I can't even test to confirm! So I don't want to release an update until I have EXACT info. Thanks for confirming and if u get it all working please share the info!
    Okay. It took quite some time, but I'm finally back up and running good with 4.2.1 and G.O.C. HD. Now, I WON'T say that this process is user friendly in the LEAST or for the faint of heart, but it can be done for the most part. There are definitely some things that are still broken in 4.2.1. The thing that's killing me the most is the fact that BiteSMS is not compatible yet. It causes constant springboard crashes when it's installed.

I did manage to get G.O.C HD running and looking good, but some things were done with direct manual intervention and can not easily be automated yet. Without further ado, here's what you will need to change to get it working:

I think Apple is intentionally thumbing their noses at jailbreakers with the first item. They have changed the homepage and lockscreen background images to where they use an unreadable image file called LockBackground.cpbitmap and HomeBackground.cpbitmap. There are two ways you can work around this. You CAN point the theme files to use LockBackgroundThumbnail.jpg and HomeBackgroundThumbnail.jpg. The problem with this method is that these files are only 206x308 so they look like absolute crap with an HD theme like this one. As a temporary workaround, I have settled on single lockscreen and home page background images that I want to use for now, saved 640x960 copies of those files in a folder on the phone and pointed the appropriate files to them. This way I at least get nice high-resolution backgrounds until smarter people than me can figure out how to enable easily rotatable files again.

For the HomeBackground, you will have to modify the Wallpaper.html file inside of the G.O.C HD_GlassDock.theme if you are using the glass dock, and I BELIEVE the Wallpaper.html file inside of the G.O.C. HD_UserWallpaper.theme if you are not using the glass dock. Toyvan can probably correct me there if I'm mistaken or missed any other places. You will either need to point it to the location where you have saved your high-res background images, or if you would rather use the low-res files that you can change with a quick respring, then you can point it to /var/mobile/Library/Springboard/HomeBackgroundThumbnail.jpg.

For the Lockscreen Mod, you will have to modify the LockBackground.html file inside of the G.O.C. HD_SlideLockscreen.theme folder. There are four separate entries near the bottom of that file which originally point to a file in the /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard folder. You will need to replace all four instances of this filename with the location of whichever high-res image file you would like to use for your lockscreen picture, or if you would rather use the low-res files that you can change with a quick respring, then you can point it to /var/mobile/Library/Springboard/LockBackgroundThumbnail.jpg.

Under the Bundles folder in the G.O.C. HD.theme, create a new folder called com.apple.camera
    You will have to copy some of the files from the com.apple.mobileslideshow folder to the new com.apple.camera folder and then rename them to make them work properly.
    You will need the following files in com.apple.camera (capitalization is important)
    Move and rename Default-Camera@2x.png to Default@2x~iphone.png
    Move and rename icon-Camera@2x.png to Icon@2x.png (Capital I in Icon)
    Move and rename delete@2x.png to Delete@2x~iphone.png
    Move and rename deletepressed@2x.png to DeletePressed@2x~iphone.png

Make the following changes in the com.apple.mobileslideshow folder (capitalization is important):
    Rename Default-Photos@2x.png to Default@2x~iphone.png
    Rename delete@2x.png to Delete@2x~iphone.png
    Rename deletepressed@2x.png to DeletePressed@2x~iphone.png
    Rename icon-Photos@2x.png to icon@2x.png (Lower case i in icon this time)

Make the following changes in the com.apple.Maps folder (capitalization is important)
    Rename icon@2x.png to Icon@2x.png
    Rename Default@2x.png to Default@2x~iphone.png

After making all those changes, I had to clear the icon cache as well as toggle the summerboard mode on and off in Winterboard before the icons changed back to the orbed versions.

The following changes all need to be made in the com.apple.springboard folder:
    Rename FolderIconBG@2x.png to FolderIconBG@2x~iphone.png
    Rename FolderSwitcherBG@2x.png to FolderSwitcherBG@2x~iphone.png
    Rename RotationLockButton@2x.png to RotationLockButton@2x~iphone.png
    Rename RotationUnlockButton@2x.png to RotationUnlockButton@2x~iphone.png
    Rename SwitcherIconShadow@2x.png to SwitcherIconShadow@2x~iphone.png
    Rename WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x.png to WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x~iphone.png
    COPY SBBadgeBG@2x.png to SBBadgeBG.png (so that both filenames exist)

That's all I've found for now, but as you can see, the results look pretty good for now. Happy Hacking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-2-.png   -photo.png   -photo-1-.png  
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-12-19 at 06:56 AM.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

barryson77 (2010-12-07), djgunner (2011-02-07), escobar929 (2011-02-20), freefall (2011-01-21), Shart (2011-01-03), Skunkie-71 (2011-02-16), toyvan (2010-12-07), Trist@n (2010-12-08), wolvorine4424 (2010-12-13)

By the way, if you're planning to put out an update with these changes, here's something to think about: you'll need to make sure that you find a way to include both old and new filenames or else it will break the people still on 4.1 or earlier. At first I thought maybe you could just release updated versions of the changed components in the HD_Updates package, then we could just select either the original package or the post-4.2 package in Winterboard. But then I realized, that if you did that, you'd be releasing large chunks of your work for free via the unpaid updates package. That's not good.

I'm sure the Apple execs are sitting back getting a good laugh out of the havoc they're stirring up with this update.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

Skunkie-71 (2011-02-16), Stevenboykin (2010-12-17), toyvan (2010-12-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Anyone knows how to keep the folder names without affecting the apps names?
    what do u mean by that?folder names never affect the apps name

i think you are right,my suggestion is that TV can post all the changes here just like u did, so that user with the 4.2.1 can make changes, i know its not simple or fast but then not everybody is running on 4.2 right now,i'm not a theme expert but by following the instructions i think everybody can do it as long u kno how to ssh(cyberduck or winscp) or ifile then u go to go
    Last edited by barryson77; 2010-12-07 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay. It took quite some time, but I'm finally back up and running good with 4.2.1 and G.O.C. HD. Now, I WON'T say that this process is user friendly in the LEAST or for the faint of heart, but it can be done for the most part. There are definitely some things that are still broken in 4.2.1. The thing that's killing me the most is the fact that BiteSMS is not compatible yet. It causes constant springboard crashes when it's installed.

I did manage to get G.O.C HD running and looking good, but some things were done with direct manual intervention and can not easily be automated yet. Without further ado, here's what you will need to change to get it working:
    Dude! You're the best! Thanks for taking the time to share all your hard work with the community! I am going to add a link to this on the FAQ as this will have to suffice for now until I update and jb...Cheers!!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-12-08 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

LanMan66 (2010-12-07)

I have updated my FAQ post above with the solution for the badges not being skinned under 4.2.1.

I found that you have to copy SBBadgeBG@2x.png to SBBadgeBG.png under the com.apple.springboard bundle under G.O.C. HD.theme. If you don't have that, you're stuck with the default red circle outlined in white.

Also I have found that Rename II does not seem to work yet under 4.2.1. If you want to hide the app names on the home screen while still leaving your folder names intact like I have in my previous screenshots, then you have to manually edit the plist files for the applications. There is a guide posted in the FAQ which details how to do this without using Rename II.

On a semi-related note: For anyone who has upgraded to 4.2.1 and would like to use BiteSMS, while the current release version is woefully unstable under 4.2.1, they do have a beta version of BiteSMS 5.1 available which seems to work pretty good. You will need to add the following repo: http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.1 and install the app from there.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-12-08 at 11:32 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-12-08)

Cool beans! G.O.C. HD was voted as one of the top 5 HD themes - Thanks to all of you for making it such a success!!

Top 5 best iPhone 4 HD themes [Jailbreak] | TiPb

=================================================

COMING SOON!!!! THE THEME STORE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZph_jmf0o]YouTube - Theme it, the theme store - Teaser 1a (with sound) : the iPhone app[/ame]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

natrev (2010-12-17)

Cool beans! G.O.C. HD was voted as one of the top 5 HD themes - Thanks to all of you for making it such a success!!

Top 5 best iPhone 4 HD themes [Jailbreak] | TiPb
    Awesome! Congrats TV!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think it would be best to make a G.O.C. HD 1.8 and add all the changes made so far into the main package and start the Update package from 1.0 again.

I say this to prevent handing out most of the theme in a free update package and to add the pre 4.2 and 4.2 options in the main package selectable in winterboard...

As in:

Move all the update data into the main theme folder from the Update folder. making the update folder blank and start it back from 1.0 if you want to and adding a selection in winterboard for fw version (pre-4.2 and 4.2)

The only downside is that it will require lots of work and little sleep for ToyVan... Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by wolvorine4424 View Post
    I think it would be best to make a G.O.C. HD 1.8 and add all the changes made so far into the main package and start the Update package from 1.0 again.

I say this to prevent handing out most of the theme in a free update package and to add the pre 4.2 and 4.2 options in the main package selectable in winterboard...

As in:

Move all the update data into the main theme folder from the Update folder. making the update folder blank and start it back from 1.0 if you want to and adding a selection in winterboard for fw version (pre-4.2 and 4.2)

The only downside is that it will require lots of work and little sleep for ToyVan... Sorry
    all things are possible! - I just need an untethered jailbreak first!!

all things are possible! - I just need an untethered jailbreak first!!
    Comex has hinted that they should have one available before Christmas.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Congratulations to the top 5 tv!!!keep it up
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaospassageraren For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-12-10)

Thanks

Oh oh oh...that sounds like a christmas present to me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaospassageraren View Post
    Oh oh oh...that sounds like a christmas present to me
    Only if you have your SHSH blobs saved.
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.

All I want for Christmas is an untethered jailbreak! Oh, and a home theater

Quote Originally Posted by Kaospassageraren View Post
    Congratulations to the top 5 tv!!!keep it up
    I appreciate it! Thank you for supporting my work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
    Only if you have your SHSH blobs saved.
    And that i have

Page 104 of 140 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast