Page 32 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TimelessHD

thanks for replying to everyone else blue even though i asked u a question twice now before other people and you coudnt simply give me a yes or no answer, appreciated.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

Basicly you should know that i have thousands of users of my various themes, get dozents of mails and PMs daily and answer dozents of questions at the threads here while working on themes (after my "normal" daily job)
    I can give you a theme but its not my job to make everyone a private mod because it is simply impossible.

I answered your question in a general way that i will add the original overlay-template to the theme with a update.

But i will help you and need more info:

1. Do you want the complete overlay more transparent (incl. dock)
    2. Or only the widget ?
    3. If you want only the widget do you want every part of it transparent (LCD, buttons) or only the background of the widget ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    What about the glyphs (white icons) ?
    1. Basicly this theme uses the glyphs only for mail and phone on the widget. Other icons use the iconmask. I made more of them (Folder EXTRAS) but as i canīt know how you want to use them or for what apps, you must copy them manually to the theme.
    2. NOTE: This glyphs only work correct for stock iphone apps and Cydia apps. On a App Store app iOS lays the IconMask (frame) arround it!
    3. If you want to use a glyph name it "[email protected]" and copy it to the existing folder of this app inside the folder Bundles. NOTE: Take a look first at this folder, some app name this icons different ! And: Safari is stored at: TimelessHD.theme/Folders/MobileSafari.app
    4. If itīs no problem for you to have the iconmask-frame around the glyph you can create a new bundle folder. How the folders and icons must be named can be found here: CFBundleIdentifer Database
    That's great, thank you for this explanation!

Has anyone here ever experienced issues with the Mail app after having installed and activated this theme?

My email folders looked like this:

And I was asked to re-enter the passwords for every account, after which the Mail App told me that the IMAP servers could not be contacted...

I was not able to fix that, had to restore to iOS 4.01

Maybe it's an incompatibility problem with one or more other apps.
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)

Thanks

Has nothing to do with this theme. For some reason your Mail App is broken or vodafones mail server (push mail?) is down.

It applies not only to vodafone, the same issue with other providers and an Exchange account.
    I have had this the second time after I had activated your Theme.
    Had to restore to iOS 4.01 again and install from scratch.

It's just an assumption that it comes from THD and/or some incmpatible apps. Currently I have *not* installed it and will keep an eye on this issue. If it will occur again, I will let you know
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)

Thanks

Okay, but basicly its impossible that a theme (only graphics without code) can break a iphone app. If the mail app is still broken after a restore don't restore from a backup, make a clean new installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon76 View Post
    hey blue,is there any update for this theme
    No, I'm still waiting for cydia releasing "timeless" 1.2 (the low-res version) then I can continue....

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-10-01 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default help with clock colors
    first off.. AWESOME theme!! i read all of it and all is fantastic.

my problem. i can change the clock to the 'RedHand' one which is black background and red markings. BUT i cannot see my city or AM/PM anymore as it is black. how to make the city and AM/PM show up again with the clock background black? thanks!

Thanks

This font is a transparent black and only thought for a bright background. Do the following please:

1. Open TimelessHD-AnalogMOD.theme/Widgets/Clock/Digital Clock Set.css Rework this text file with a text editor:
    Am, PM Position */{position: absolute; top: 138px; right: 0px; down: 0px; left: 148px; height: 461px;text-align: left; font-family: Helvetica;color: black; (Change the color to "white"

2. Open TimelessHD-AnalogMOD.theme/Widgets/Weather/Stylesheets/split.css and do the same after this part of the textfile: Weather City Position */....

(The location is displayed by the weather widget, am/pm by the clock widget)
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-10-01 at 05:08 PM.

thats kool i appreciate it all i want is the blue part half transparent if possible!! so i can see half of my blue wallpaper behind it, and a bit of blue still in the lcd. thats all i want!! the digital lcd part!

Okay, but basicly its impossible that a theme (only graphics without code) can break a iphone app.
    I'm on your side, and I did not suspect anything like this the first time it happened. But after the second time I began to ponder, it was too obvious. Maybe it has something to do with the HTML code your theme uses...?

A little sidenote: I remember in the middle of the 90's when I had serious problems with a soundcard - until I changed the mouse cursor to standard

If the mail app is still broken after a restore don't restore from a backup, make a clean new installation.
    Like I said, I installed from scratch

When the JB for 4.1 comes out I will install THD again to see what happens before I install iOS 4.1, unless I am getting this error without THD before

Thanks

You can try the following: enable just the theme (TimelessHD.theme) at winterboard. So you can test it without any html.

So is this what is wanted ? Nice idea by the way

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

SheziKalebra (2010-10-02)

hey bluemetal,
    can you put together a new overlay that makes the lcd screen bigger so it includes the four apps that are below it?
    so basically I will have an lcd screen twice as big and no boxes.
    If you can also remove the lcd gradiant from lighter to darker that would be awesome and the little arrow on the lower dock...(remove)

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by big "dd"; 2010-10-01 at 11:22 PM.

Yes!! That's the one!! But there's no file there?

Okay this is mostly gonna be a re-post from my message on the Timeless thread, but I`m having trouble with a few things.

1) Blue, this is for you, both my Cydia and my MyWi icons aren`t skinned properly, they look just like their default icons, though every other icon is working perfectly fine. I`ve tried turning Summerboard on and off because that worked for my biteSMS icon not changing, but those 2 still will not change no matter what.

2) I`ve been playing around with the custom clock as well, but the overlay and settings posted was for non-retina displays. As a result my normal HD overlay is showing at twice the size. Is there an HTML/js file I should be editing so it matches up? Or is halving the canvas size of my overlay the only solution?

3) If there a way to change the font colour of the text in the actual clock face itself? Maybe to white or grey? I've got a black background for mine at the moment so I'd like to be able to see the text.

4) I can't get rid of the white arrow on the bottom of the screen for some reason, even thought the overlay picture I'm using has the arrow edited out. Is there any way to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated!

This is one of the best themes out there btw, I really dig the analog clock. Too many ugly themes out there that a lot of people seem to love that I can't get behind.. glad I found this one!

Here's mine so far:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -meh.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big "dd" View Post
    hey bluemetal,
    can you put together a new overlay that makes the lcd screen bigger so it includes the four apps that are below it?
    so basically I will have an lcd screen twice as big and no boxes.
    If you can also remove the lcd gradiant from lighter to darker that would be awesome and the little arrow on the lower dock...(remove)

Thanks in advance...
    I will test this next.

@Meh :
    1. Are you using TimelessHD or Timeless for your iphone4 ? I think you mix up both themes and/or use things from the low-res theme/other thread.
    2. No one posts here (!) overlays or setups for non retina displays.
    3. The question about the font color was answered yesterday here: read post 628 here please
    4. Has also been answered: The file "SBDockBG.png" (folder com.apple.springboard) has this arrow too.
    Last edited by Blue; 2010-10-02 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello bluemetal,
    First after purchasing the theme and installing it I must say that you did an amazing job!
    One thing that I think it's a must for an update is the weather display which is poor comparing to the icons ui's etc...
    Thank you!!!

Thanks

Thanks, can you please explain what is poor with the weather display ?

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Okay this is mostly gonna be a re-post from my message on the Timeless thread, but I`m having trouble with a few things.

1) Blue, this is for you, both my Cydia and my MyWi icons aren`t skinned properly, they look just like their default icons, though every other icon is working perfectly fine. I`ve tried turning Summerboard on and off because that worked for my biteSMS icon not changing, but those 2 still will not change no matter what.

2) I`ve been playing around with the custom clock as well, but the overlay and settings posted was for non-retina displays. As a result my normal HD overlay is showing at twice the size. Is there an HTML/js file I should be editing so it matches up? Or is halving the canvas size of my overlay the only solution?

3) If there a way to change the font colour of the text in the actual clock face itself? Maybe to white or grey? I've got a black background for mine at the moment so I'd like to be able to see the text.

4) I can't get rid of the white arrow on the bottom of the screen for some reason, even thought the overlay picture I'm using has the arrow edited out. Is there any way to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated!

This is one of the best themes out there btw, I really dig the analog clock. Too many ugly themes out there that a lot of people seem to love that I can't get behind.. glad I found this one!

Here's mine so far:
    Hi Meh,

I think you are using my custom clock which was made from the free version (non HD), if you are using these low resolution overlay's then your iphone4 will be expanding them to fit the high resolution screen, thats why they look bigger! So if you half the image size they will still be expanded to fit the screen but 4 times rather than 2.
    The overlays need to be doubled in size but the problem here is.. if you just double the size in PS the image will become blurry/pixilated, this is the reason why it needs to be resized from the original vectors as a smart object. You need the overlays from the HD version then you could try to resize my clock to fit but again it will become blurry, as will the hands when you re-size them to (best make new hands from scratch in the correct resolution, basically, everything needs to be double the size.
    You will need to ask someone here about the names of the files, I don't have an iphone4 yet but there is something about adding "@X2" or something like that, but I'm not sure if it applies to all files.

Hope this enlightens you a bit.

Ian.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Blue (2010-10-02)

thanks blue was great! i think a fully transparent one wud be kool tho too u know! experiment see what u can come oUt with!

Yes,well I think it should be a bit bigger ( as for the gif size) . If it's fair than most of the clouds are blocking the sun(or the moon)so you never see them.
    Like I said before making this widget with weather animation would be to my opinion the most amazing theme on earth.period!
    Thank you again!!!

Page 32 of 253 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast