Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [BETA RELEASED]iCatalyst HD

Quote Originally Posted by adamfsu View Post
    I'm really excited about the release of this theme. I've been resisting the urge to donate to get a beta version, simply because I'm hoping that the final version will be more 'finished' without the constant need to check for upgrades, then get to a laptop to ssh the new upgrades. Also, I guess it will be easier to upgrade in Cydia. If I remember correctly, I read that it has recently been submitted to Cydia and should be available ...soon? If not, I would consider getting the current Beta. Either way, I'll be purchasing this theme, but if its best to wait for it to be available on Cydia, I'll do that.

I do have a few questions about the possible functions of the theme.. How much extra RAM does the theme use with and without the weather widget? Is it easy to change the weather widget to work only with the Lockscreen instead of the homescreen? If so, would it de-activate after unlocked, using less RAM than if it was active in the homescreen all the time?

I'm using the iPhone 4, and I know it can handle the extra resources fairly well.. I'm currently running NineHD. I didn't think it slowed down my phone much until I recently used an un-themed iPhone 4 and experienced the difference in responsiveness.

Like I said, I'm going to get the theme either way, but if the widgets are going to slow down the phone, I can look out the window to check the weather. If there's a way, or a need to run the weather widget or other aspects of a theme more efficiently I would like to know how.
    WAs just told by Kyle that paid themes are taking 2-3 weeks to get on cydia

As far as memory usage I have no idea what the basic theme uses. I don't notice any slowdowns. I don't use any of the widgets though.

HTML will always take up resourses, however I removed the clock widget on the weather widget for battery and resource reasons.

Hope that answered your questions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

i got 2 questions?
    1. is there an icon pack for this theme?

2. is it possible to make icons for internet sites that i have saved to my homescreen? i've been trying to make icons for sites that i've saved to my homescreen from safari but for some reason the icons arent working.
    The General has landed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mister4stars View Post
    i got 2 questions?
    1. is there an icon pack for this theme?

2. is it possible to make icons for internet sites that i have saved to my homescreen? i've been trying to make icons for sites that i've saved to my homescreen from safari but for some reason the icons arent working.
    U just delete them and add them to your homescreen again. The icon will autocreate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonomys For This Useful Post:

mister4stars (2010-09-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

Ip4 themes no longer have an icons folder -- this restricted themes to summerboard mode, so now the icons are linked to the apps' bundle identifier.

You can also theme webclips with custom icons, you just have to take a different path because they are not recognized as normal apps -- var/mobile/library/webclips - will take you there
    Last edited by TCcentex; 2010-09-22 at 06:32 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

To add to that. Make sure summerboard mode is OFF

Also to all who donated today I think I got all of you. If your reading this and haven't received an email back then email me and I'll shoot you the link

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

madhandles (2010-09-22), mister4stars (2010-09-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
    U just delete them and add them to your homescreen again. The icon will autocreate
    what if i wanna create my own and ssh it into the theme? some sites don't create there own icon, they just have whatever site you were on shrink and i don't really like the way that looks
    The General has landed

Quote Originally Posted by mister4stars View Post
    what if i wanna create my own and ssh it into the theme? some sites don't create there own icon, they just have whatever site you were on shrink and i don't really like the way that looks
    I don't know how webclips work, but I know they get auto themed. There will be a raw icon that you would put in the folder in which the webclip is an then it would get skinned automatically

12. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

Oh my what do we have here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

grimlock1 (2010-09-22), mister4stars (2010-09-22), stephenvz (2010-09-23)

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    nice!!

Damn loven the battery

Thanks

battery looks really good!

I've been playing around with the theme since I installed it this morning. Seems like there's an extra line below "Previous Next Autofill Done" for no apparent reason. Did I do somethings wrong, or is this just an example of why its still listed as "Beta"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamfsu View Post

I've been playing around with the theme since I installed it this morning. Seems like there's an extra line below "Previous Next Autofill Done" for no apparent reason. Did I do somethings wrong, or is this just an example of why its still listed as "Beta"?
    That's a winterboard issue, not a theme issue. Should correct itself when winterboard is updated to accept all HD images

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

Damn i want that weather widget , but no money left in the paypal

Nice work bro.

amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephenvz View Post
    amazing!!!
    Thanks man. This is why I don't rush stuff. I hadn't done the charge screen because I didn't have any good ideas. I was at work had an idea drew up a shitty picture and brought it to life when i got home.

Let's keep the thread Alive an on top, I will probably be pretty quiet today, my grandfather passed away. Don't forget to flood nick with entries for Icatalyst for theme of the week

the new updated weather does not work y?? i keep getting html 0,1,2,3,4

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast