Page 82 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antrak View Post
    Could there be some kind of guide for people on how to get the theme including icons? The whole first page is real chaotic and the only thing that it's focused on is Doreen's stuff that needs donations. It isn't a very community centric thread. Further more you have to search the entire thread if you want to have the faintest idea on how to get a properly themed phone.
    Oh wait we got one of these ppl that is complaining and crying that we don't have everything all gift wrapped up for free w/ detailed instructions for him so he does not have to waste one penny or min of "his" time.
    While the rest of us sit working hard on trying to make this theme work on our phones. hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    I'm glad that you, guys, like my work...but...who want to donate to me, do it...but if someone want donate to Doreen and Bababooey is RIGHT that he do it!!!..They work hard like me for this theme!!!!!!!
    Oh be quiet! you work your butt off all around the clock taking request from ppl making icons match for their apps that they buy in iTunes and you don't even have an iPhone. That is rediculous!
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-11-09 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In most cases yes. But it's not that simple in just enlarging what you have, the original icon either must be that size, or you must have somebody that really knows what they are doing "like Stereo89" to refurbish them so that the larger image does not loose it's definition...
    And in alot of cases with UI images you need BOTH low and High res sizes for it to trigger, this is something I've been working on figuring out so that the theme doesn't get up to a GB in size, it's a POOP load of trial and error... I've been working on theming the UI on this thing for months, alot of things I've succeeded on is still not released nor have I shown any of it... X_x gets tough being a high voltage electrician all day, then going home and deving a theme and helping with tech issues here, twitter and I-Enthusiast, have no time lately for any personal stuff or even doing more video for my YouTube channel "pimpylongslapins".... Guess that's why it was almost real easy for me to quit yesterday, maybe looking for a reason... Lol
    So well i figured the part of the icons the long way xD searching through this thread, opening links and ya. and well i wish we could get our hands on some pixel creator xD that would be handy. i also looked into the whole UI thing, and having to create the Bundles and then another folder to place both the icon and [email protected] basically such a huge mess and as you said yes it would make this theme up to a GB.
    Im real sorry about how hectic your life is getting xD, and well i appreciate all youve done so far. Also i recognise the amazingness of Stereo and his skills in making these images.
    So basically i was going through my old buuf2 theme and noticed an advanced UI and how much is still to be done. I'll keep informing myself xD maybe talk less and ask less questions.

whats the forum stereo?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2010-11-09)

Thanks

I stillll need to update my phone to 4.1 (I'm on 4.0) cannot find the time right now I hope next weekend but not sure w/ the Holiday coming now...

@Doreen

Is rediculous but i don't ask for this!!!..i'm glad to help people!...and i am sending a donation to Mattahan for his WONDERFUL work!!!..he is working on superbuuf2!!!!!
    Oh be quiet Mr. Nice guy! hehe
    (you are very sweet but you need a phone so that you can test what you are making for ppl do you understand this?)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-11-09 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@all

Do you know that in ios4.1 don't need of bundles????...i read it in a forum but i can' test this... =)
    I'm on 4.1 and I'm using bundles. Now, I haven't tested it without bundles but I can do that later if you'd like. I suspect that you still need bundles in 4.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

@eyecrispy

i post the guide from MacThemes...(i don't know if i can post this but...):

"I figured out how to get the "Icon" folder to work without making the icons huge and keeping the retina resolution. When I update to 4.1 the UIImages folder started working if I put two version of the same icon one with @2x and one without. Winterboard will use the @2x icon instead of the one without. This actually works for every image apparently so if you place two icons named Facebook.png and [email protected] it will display the 2x one"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

lwr07 (2010-11-09)

didnt work, i get a white background behind the icon. but it is in HD

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

@all

Do you know that in ios4.1 don't need of bundles????...i read it in a forum but i can' test this... =)
    I have 4.1 and have just tried a couple different ways and without the bundles iOS does not appear to be able to display the hd icon apropriately. I will keep trying though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    didnt work, i get a white background behind the icon. but it is in HD
    You need to click on the icon then open it up "in a new tab or window" and then save the icon or it will not save w/ the transparent background

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

cwproctor (2010-11-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@eyecrispy

i post the guide from MacThemes...(i don't know if i can post this but...):

"I figured out how to get the "Icon" folder to work without making the icons huge and keeping the retina resolution. When I update to 4.1 the UIImages folder started working if I put two version of the same icon one with @2x and one without. Winterboard will use the @2x icon instead of the one without. This actually works for every image apparently so if you place two icons named Facebook.png and [email protected] it will display the 2x one"
    This works I just tested it out. No need for bundles with the hi-res icons!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lwr07 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2010-11-09), Stereo89 (2010-11-09)

You need to click on the icon and open in a new window and then save the icon or it will not save w/ the transparent background
    excellent

Worked on mine too !!!
    Last edited by Gmaniac; 2010-11-09 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lwr07 View Post
    Argh!!!! Now I have to update to 4.1 shoot!

And then guess what? I believe the 4.2 beta was just sent out to the devs so that is why I figured why go crazy now making the time for all that mess and then 4.2 will be released soon. 100 new features coming soon...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-11-09 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I absolutely "Hate" even the very word "Bundles"

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lwr07 View Post
    This really does work... However now the icon folder will be doubled in size I did find a way around this though!
    I found that the non hd file name can be any .png file... It does not have to be the same file... I.E. I took a very small 3 kb file and named it MySpace.png then took the hd icon and named it [email protected] the first file then took on the looks of the hd icon and displayed properly.

@Stereo can make a generic icon.png file that takes as little space as possible maybe .1 kb that we can use for this "place holder"?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
    This really does work... However now the icon folder will be doubled in size I did find a way around this though!
    I found that the non hd file name can be any .png file... It does not have to be the same file... I.E. I took a very small 3 kb file and named it MySpace.png then took the hd icon and named it [email protected] the first file then took on the looks of the hd icon and displayed properly.

@Stereo can make a generic icon.png file that takes as little space as possible maybe .1 kb that we can use for this "place holder"?
    You can just create an empty file with the proper name and it will work.

Page 82 of 492 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast