Page 359 of 492 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdewinnaar View Post
    You aswell Scarch, you're always very helpfull..

The picnic idea sounds great, unfortunatly we're gonna have to postpone it to another weekend as I'm on my way to pickup Doreen and then we're heading over to sjbtax for some kangaroo burgers..

Also, has anyone ever tried to get the bottom "tabs" to display real icons instead of sillouettes.. I hope I'm saying this right??

Like in the screenshot, the tabs where you select between favorites, recents, contacts, keypad and voicemail...

Umm I'm still waiting? I don't know about kangaroo burgers but I'm up for some Tea and crackers? (if that is what you guys eat over in London?) hehe

As for the bottom bar in the Dialer that is hard coded into the iPhone's OS it can be done and was in prior versions of the iPhone's OS but I think you need to fiddle w/ the .artwork files for something...

Check out his bottom toolbar: (proof it can be done)

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-08-20 at 08:16 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

jdewinnaar (2011-08-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Umm I'm still waiting? I don't know about kangaroo burgers but I'm up for some Tea and crackers? (if that is what you guys eat over in London?) hehe

As for the bottom bar in the Dialer that is hard coded into the iPhone's OS it can be done and was in prior versions of the iPhone's OS but I think you need to fiddle w/ the .artwork files for something...
    Sorry Doreen, me and sjbtax wanted to have a guys night out.. We kinda knew you'd understand.. thanks so much

Anyway, I'm South African, only living in the UK since 2004. So we like to eat normal things like barbecues and so on, but we call it "braai"..

Tea and crackers... oh no no, I like cookies and milk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-20)

Thanks

Sorry Doreen, me and sjbtax wanted to have a guys night out.. We kinda knew you'd understand.. thanks so much
    Hmmm okay so you guys both ditched me! Mennnnn! Anyways when I think of London I think of ppl sitting around drinking tea and eating crackers w/ their lil pinky finger sticking out?
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-08-20 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks

How cool would it be to have a buuf dialer like that...

Here's the files for the mobiletimer bundle...

http://db.tt/Mi4cNbM
    Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-20 at 08:29 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-20), Scarch (2011-08-22)

Thanks

I know! But I'm not certain it's been done on 4.3.3 + OS and now iOS 5 is coming out so why should we even try to go crazy over that now?

Here is his link: http://web.mac.com/reinholdpenner/al...AlohaSoft.html

I've not spoken to him in ages but he is very approachable if you want to contact him...

Thanks

Suppose so, is iOS 5 gonna be a critical upgrade or just tiny bits of fixes?

Thanks

I'm not sure I've not tried any of the Beta's (no time) but I'm thinking small changes (image wise) big changes and new options for coders so it should be more exciting for the coders rather then the themers.

I'm actually not sure I will like it personally cuz I think they are going to eliminate the Popup alerts and have more of a LockInfo alert system for the LS.

I like my Popup alerts cuz I need a more "in your face" type system or it don't grab my attention so I already know I will not see incoming alerts and things and miss alot of notifications coming in at me unless it screams for my attention... =(

Thanks Jacques for the mobile timer bundle (I got it) I will try to either later tonight or most likely tomorrow to jump back on working on this this theme alittle more. I've been trying to get the icons listed though it's taking me forever I am making progress. hehe

I need to get in gear today. Have a good day/night you guys...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-08-20 at 08:53 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

jdewinnaar (2011-08-20), Scarch (2011-08-22)

Thanks

I'm not sure I've not tried any of the Beta's (no time) but I'm thinking small changes (image wise) big changes and new options for coders so it should be more exciting for the coders rather then the themers.

I'm actually not sure I will like it personally cuz I think they are going to eliminate the Popup alerts and have more of a LockInfo alert system for the LS.

I like my Popup alerts cuz I need a more "in your face" type system or it don't grab my attention so I already know I will not see incoming alerts and things and miss alot of notifications coming in at me unless it screams for my attention... =(
    Yes, I'm exactly the same, I could'nt understand why they never included email notification popups?? I'd be lost without boxcar...

Thanks

I use "Mail Tones" It not only pushes a big Pop-up on my screen but I can also customize the sounds of my incoming emails for each person. (love it) I will miss my popups so not too sure how I will handle the new iOS 5 yet. I may not upgrade...

Thanks

I use "Mail Tones" It not only pushes a big Pop-up on my screen but I can also customize the sounds of my incoming emails for each person. (love it) I will miss my popups so not too sure how I will handle the new iOS 5 yet. I may not upgrade...
    I've had a look at Mail Tones and I think it's pretty much identical to Boxcar. Anything that gives a big "in your face" popup like a sms alert is good enough

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-23)

Suppose so, is iOS 5 gonna be a critical upgrade or just tiny bits of fixes?
    Big changes for ios 5! like a sms for ipod touch and ipad! Go search it on google,,
    Last edited by cjaycruz05; 2011-08-21 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks

SnowCover4...

Half way done

Now that it's done I'm thinking that the tile idea doesnt look that good...

Any thoughts? Solid slab or tiles?

Another idea... My wife thinks both of them look s**t, but I like the second one, just not sure about the background...

Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-22 at 11:53 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-23), Scarch (2011-08-22), sjbtax (2011-08-22)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

SnowCover4...

Half way done

Now that it's done I'm thinking that the tile idea doesnt look that good...

Any thoughts? Solid slab or tiles?

Another idea... My wife thinks both of them look s**t, but I like the second one, just not sure about the background...

Not bad jaydee...

But you should always listen to your wife!

Don't know much about snowcover. I gather it's a music player skin

How about the image inside a fishbowl (Doreen has a bit of a fishbowl fetish!)
    Or perhaps on the Buuf television.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Not bad jaydee...

But you should always listen to your wife!

Don't know much about snowcover. I gather it's a music player skin

How about the image inside a fishbowl (Doreen has a bit of a fishbowl fetish!)
    Or perhaps on the Buuf television.
    Snowcover works with your lockscreen, so if you're listening to music and you press the lock button it shows that..

O no, so you agree with my wife..

Thanks

Snowcover works with your lockscreen, so if you're listening to music and you press the lock button it shows that..

O no, so you agree with my wife..
    You missed that I added to your list of nicknames jaydee! That's slack Jack. (Oops I did it again... Call me Britney)

And yes I agree with your wife. I think you can do better. The more I think about it the television idea would look good.

Give it a try and see.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-08-22 at 01:07 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-08-23), jdewinnaar (2011-08-22), Scarch (2011-08-23)

Thanks

You missed that I added to your list of nicknames jaydee! That's slack Jack. (Oops I did it again... Call me Britney)

And yes I agree with your wife. I think you can do better. The more I think about it the television idea would look good.
    Did'nt really miss it, typing on my phone, so not really the best time to write a whole lecture about the new addition... And Jack, man!!! Everyone in the UK calls me that, because they're too lazy to speak properly.. Jack is probably the worst "short" for Jacques..

Anyway, gimme a minute or two to sulk about opinions...

Do you atleast like my notes breaking and coming to life (color) as they get closer to the music??

Man, if it was'nt for my diet I would've emotionaly eaten the entire sweets cupboard right now....

Thanks

Did'nt really miss it, typing on my phone, so not really the best time to write a whole lecture about the new addition... And Jack, man!!! Everyone in the UK calls me that, because they're too lazy to speak properly.. Jack is probably the worst "short" for Jacques..

Anyway, gimme a minute or two to sulk about opinions...

Do you atleast like my notes breaking and coming to life (color) as they get closer to the music??

Man, if it was'nt for my diet I would've emotionaly eaten the entire sweets cupboard right now....
    Don't sweat it mate. Your work is great and getting better all the time. I'm just trying to do my bit to help improve it even more. Yes the music notes concept is good. I just don't think the tiles concept shows enough of the album artwork. There will be some albums that will be unrecognizable with that much of them missing.

But, at the end of the day the acceptance of anything that any of us put up is going to be subjective. Some people will like it and others won't so put it out there and people will choose what they like. Never hurts to give plenty of options and it all improves our skills.

Remember too..... All this time we spend buufing is going to be harder to justify to our wives if they don't even like it.

Thanks

Don't sweat it mate. Your work is great and getting better all the time. I'm just trying to do my bit to help improve it even more. Yes the music notes concept is good. I just don't think the tiles concept shows enough of the album artwork. There will be some albums that will be unrecognizable with that much of them missing.

But, at the end of the day the acceptance of anything that any of us put up is going to be subjective. Some people will like it and others won't so put it out there and people will choose what they like. Never hurts to give plenty of options and it all improves our skills.

Remember too..... All this time we spend buufing is going to be harder to justify to our wives if they don't even like it.
    Haha, i was just adding the drama for a tiny little bit of effect, kinda hopin it would make you feel bad.. lol

On a serious note, the tv is a good idea, but the problem is that the overlay needs to be square and your tv is way too modern with its 16:9 aspect...

I'll keep trying to find a way..
    Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-08-22 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks

Hey, I managed to use your TV..

Thanks

Hey, I managed to use your TV..

Hmmm. Not bad

Page 359 of 492 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast