Page 324 of 492 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by jdewinnaar View Post
    Go to /private/var/stash/Themes/"yourtheme"/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj and open SpringBoard.strings

Change whatever you like in there

what program do i open the file in? notepad?
    i'm using a PC

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminofu View Post
    what program do i open the file in? notepad?
    i'm using a PC
    Have you got iFile installed on your iPhone? If yes, then just use iFile, navigate to the file and open it, then click "edit" top left and type in whatever you like..

If you want to ssh to your phone you need to install "winscp" ... and then do exactly the same..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), Scarch (2011-07-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by derekliu View Post
    Hi any updates?
    We're really getting behind now aren't we........ sorry, very little time at this time of year especially.

Post#6428 - VRForums - derekliu

-vrforums2.png -vrforums.png

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

derekliu (2011-07-16), Doreen (2011-07-16), Scarch (2011-07-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    Ok- since I don't want to waste any more of your time on this, I'll just agree with you on (what I think is) your main point - and as you already quoted me quoting mattahan - anything "original" that stereo or Doreen create (that is not a modified version of mattahan's Buuf art) is not to be shared!! But there isn't any of that here anyway, so no worries mate!

Ps- this is not nor has it ever been any sort of "personal matter" between me and Doreen & stereo89 (at least not for me).
    This is nothing but some kind of personal vendetta w/ your constant attacks against me and Stereo and now you are attacking sjbtax?

Please show me one thing that doreen or stereo have created and shared here that doesn't contain some part of some original mattahan Buuf image. If it has even the stock Buuf square or round icons or ANY other element from the original mattahan Buuf sets, then it is of course a Buuf derivative.

As for nothing original done by us? Hundreds and Hundreds of items over the course of this year have been 100% created by Stereo and myself to make this theme. Though you asked for "one" thing I am grabbing a few to show you since you apparently are trying to lie now out of attacking us.

I will show you how much you know about us not having labored to make 100% Buuf free images, since you apparently cannot tell the difference. hehe!

I do not have the time nor desire after a long day of work to go through one year of work here but here are a couple of quick examples: 100% our work (not even 1% of Buuf has been used in the making) So now you are lying to everyone on top of the attacks you keep pulling on us? I'm not posting all my Flip Clock Digits Stereo worked his behind off making for my Flip Clock only one example. I don't feel like posting our GUI and popups and titlebars etc etc. (cuz this is really getting ridiculous now)

I doubt any of the themers who labor over here on modmyi to create themes appreciates you trying to egg on ppl to steal other ppl's hard work. I have a feeling sooner or later you will be banned. Most hosting sites don't ban artist but they do ban ripoff artist or ppl who try to encourage other ppl that it's okay to rip off other ppl's hard work...

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    I will comment no further on any matters in relation to this issue as I have far better things to do with my time and the small amount of pleasurable time I spend on these forums and helping out with a few things Buuf here and there need not be wasted with these distractions.
    sjbtax I'm sorry you seem to be dragged into this and now the attacks are coming at you. I read your comment to whitebelt last night and thought what a decent, respectable, kind and generous human being you are (I wish I could follow the way you handle yourself) "Thank you" you are a first class human being! I was just not in the mood last night after reading him trying to attack you now. (I'm sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hi Doreen
    Both keyboards are beautiful ... I am delighted to be able to test them when you're done.
    Hi Scarch

Thank you for your interest! Then I will send you my keyboard when it is done so you can test it! Thank you! =)

Can you tell me which file you edited to get the city and temp to display an orange text color please..? Also, which font style are you using and how did you get it to be 24h time format?
    jdewinnaar

Check your mail okay, I just sent it to you...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-16 at 04:07 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Scarch (2011-07-17), sjbtax (2011-07-16)

Thanks

WhiteBelt ... you're so unbelievably wrong & delusional. Doreen, Stereo & SJBTax have given selflessly for an awfully long time.
    There is no discrepancy here ... either play nice or leave them & all of us who support them alone.
    This forum has been chugging along nicely ... your inclusion or exclusion is of no consequence.
    Why can't folk like yopu appreciate all the hard, honest work of others without ****-stirring!?
    We all await your reply!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dara For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-16)

Thanks

Hi Dara

Actually I for one am not awaiting his reply cuz I don't have a week to read it. But thank you so much Dara for standing up for us! Most are so afraid of the bully they are contacting me for help again privately. Sorry but you'll need to stop being "afraid" and just ask here if you really want help w/ anything Buuf related (thank you)

Anyways, Eric (aka Bababooey13) contacted me earlier today (per some of our conversation)

Per Eric: I'm working on porting "BabaBuufey" to iPad and it's almost done! It will be a free release, I'm giving out betas on a donation basis, the donations are 100% to get Paul an iPad. I've already let him know via twitter...
    Can you help me get the word out on modmyi? He loves the theme and expressed how he really wants an iPad, I figured this is the least I could do. ;-)

And this is the ss he sent to me so for those of you that want Buuf on your iPad and show support to Paul (aka mattahan) the creator of Buuf! Here is Eric's paypal: [email protected]

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-16 at 08:01 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-16)

We're really getting behind now aren't we........ sorry, very little time at this time of year especially.

Post#6428 - VRForums - derekliu

-vrforums2.png -vrforums.png
    Thanks!! Just one more request for today...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to derekliu For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-16)

Thanks

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

derekliu (2011-07-17), Mimh (2011-07-16), Scarch (2011-07-17), sjbtax (2011-07-16)

Name:  Balloon_2@2x.png
Views: 422
Size:  8.8 KBdee could you just just flip it to face it the other way please thank very much

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Here you go M

Name:  BalloonBlueReverse_2@2x.png
Views: 524
Size:  10.1 KB

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), Scarch (2011-07-17)

doreen love to test the buuf keyboard when your done...

Have you got iFile installed on your iPhone? If yes, then just use iFile, navigate to the file and open it, then click "edit" top left and type in whatever you like..

If you want to ssh to your phone you need to install "winscp" ... and then do exactly the same..

i got it sorted! thanks for the help.. realised that notepad would work for this... and using iFunBox.. i just copied my edited file back into the string.

although in notepad the text is all in a row and can be quite hard to find the exact one you want.. but CTRL-F works like a charm!

and surprisingly.. this even works if you want to change the language it is displaying!! i could have everything else in English and just the slider text in Chinese!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dara View Post
    WhiteBelt ... you're so unbelievably wrong & delusional. Doreen, Stereo & SJBTax have given selflessly for an awfully long time.
    There is no discrepancy here ... either play nice or leave them & all of us who support them alone.
    This forum has been chugging along nicely ... your inclusion or exclusion is of no consequence.
    Why can't folk like yopu appreciate all the hard, honest work of others without ****-stirring!?
    We all await your reply!
    Actually I agree with you! Doreen is doing her own creation in a style or genre...
    for a lack of analogy, it like writing a sonnet in shakespear's style.. this however does not mean the sonnet is shakespear's work!
    just means u are borrowing his style of writing but the sonnet is still yours!

it would be chaos if we follow that of what this guy is saying.. besides.. unless someone says its ok to do so.. i don't think its nice or ethical to try and use other people's work.. i think it manners.. regardless of how u interprete that license.. respect is important..
    Last edited by dreaminofu; 2011-07-16 at 04:42 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreaminofu For This Useful Post:

Dara (2011-07-16), Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-17)

O wow thx man

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-17)

Thanks

Thanks for all of this Doreen.
    The selfless cooperative you so generously lead is much appreciated by 99% of all subscribers.
    I suggest transparency with showcasing anybody's misuse of this otherwise seamless & similar-minded community.
    NO to bullies. MO to self-interest. NO to egos.
    All the best,
    Dara

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dara For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dara View Post
    Thanks for all of this Doreen.
    The selfless cooperative you so generously lead is much appreciated by 99% of all subscribers.
    I suggest transparency with showcasing anybody's misuse of this otherwise seamless & similar-minded community.
    NO to bullies. MO to self-interest. NO to egos.
    All the best,
    Dara
    Thank you Dara and I appreciate being able to see how much others are appreciating the work we are all doing here "together" and to show it back some more! Here's a peek at my Keyboard I've been working on for you guys. I think I like this pop-up key but I'm still working on it. When you type on the keys of the keyboard the pop up has the actual finger pop up on top of the key. (what do you guys think? is it overkill)

Here you go M

Name:  BalloonBlueReverse_2@2x.png
Views: 524
Size:  10.1 KB
    Thank you sjbtax for taking care of that for M I truly appreciate that.

Sorry M last night when you and I were talking via email I was just so tired from my day and I had way too many emails to deal w/ which is why anything Buuf related needs to be posted here for help not by pm or my email okay. (Thank you)

Quote Originally Posted by meowchie View Post
    doreen love to test the buuf keyboard when your done...
    Hi meowchie

Of course sure. Thank you for your interest I still need to do the landscape but I pretty much have the idea and design of it down now. =)
    I have decided to update our Buuf theme up on Cydia w/ all the latest updates such as the Calendar, new Weather mod and also now the new Keyboard but for those that want it here too please let me know okay.

i got it sorted! thanks for the help.. realised that notepad would work for this... and using iFunBox.. i just copied my edited file back into the string.

although in notepad the text is all in a row and can be quite hard to find the exact one you want.. but CTRL-F works like a charm!

and surprisingly.. this even works if you want to change the language it is displaying!! i could have everything else in English and just the slider text in Chinese!!
    There also is a free app up on Cydia that lets you go into the settings of your iPhone and "easily" change the text on your LS it's all WYSIWYG.

I will locate the name and post it here for others that don't want to edit strings. (though doing it manually is an outstanding learning experience!)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-16 at 08:13 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Dara (2011-07-16), Scarch (2011-07-17), sjbtax (2011-07-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    here are a couple of quick examples: 100% our work (not even 1% of Buuf has been used in the making) So now you are lying ...
    Thank you for taking the time to repost those.

Anything that DOES contain Buuf images may be freely shared and distributed.

I will agree and admit that there is some work here that does not NOT contain Buuf art. I certainly did not intend to "lie" - I apologize for forgetting/not realizing that you guys have included artwork that doesn't contain anything Buuf and that strays so far from the Buuf look (in my opinion).

As a side note, I would suggest you contact the artists that originally made that skull and battery etc and find out what rights you have to modify their work and what right you have to then limit their distribution. (I never even saw a mention to the original artists. In fact: strangely, you are saying that it's 100% your work. Hmmm.) or are you claiming that you painted that battery and skull yourself? [edit - I found the battery on openclipart.org - it appears to have been released into the public domain with all rights waived - so you can even charge $$ for that one if you'd like to Doreen!! But I don't think you should claim that it's 100% your work. http://www.openclipart.org/detail/22...ry-by-nicubunu ]

And again - the modifications that you (and I) make are still (usually) very creative, take tons of time, and deserve respect. I never said anything to the contrary.

I never suggested anyone steal your work. I only stated that people have the right to use any Buuf-containing art or any (even heavily) modified Buuf art, in any non-commercial way they wish.

My only intention is to make sure that if people want to get creative and use Buuf to do it - they don't need to ask anyone's permission (as stated by mattahan).

And once again - I have never, and Buuf ∞ Infinity has never included anything from Doreen nor stereo89.

I am not trying to get people to steal anything. You on the other hand are trying to prevent people from sharing stuff that they have every right to share. You have repeatedly told people not to repost anything from your theme, and you now have sjbtax telling people the same thing. People have the right to reuse your Buuf-containing artwork!!!!

Dara and others fail to realize the difference between free creative commons share alike works of art and normal copyrighted works. Obviously if this was a "traditionally licensed" art set it could not be freely modified and remodified and redistributed without permission.
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-07-16 at 09:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak? lvl.swiftwind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hi Dara

Actually I for one am not awaiting his reply cuz I don't have a week to read it. But thank you so much Dara for standing up for us! Most are so afraid of the bully they are contacting me for help again privately. Sorry but you'll need to stop being "afraid" and just ask here if you really want help w/ anything Buuf related (thank you)

Anyways, Eric (aka Bababooey13) contacted me earlier today (per some of our conversation)

Per Eric: I'm working on porting "BabaBuufey" to iPad and it's almost done! It will be a free release, I'm giving out betas on a donation basis, the donations are 100% to get Paul an iPad. I've already let him know via twitter...
    Can you help me get the word out on modmyi? He loves the theme and expressed how he really wants an iPad, I figured this is the least I could do. ;-)

And this is the ss he sent to me so for those of you that want Buuf on your iPad and show support to Paul (aka mattahan) the creator of Buuf! Here is Eric's paypal: [email protected]

What amount of donation is he asking for??

31. The Following User Says Thank You to lvl.swiftwind For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16)

Thanks

OMG! Once AGAIN whitebelt I have DIRECT contact w/ Paul (aka mattahan who is the actual creator of Buuf) since a year ago I have been in direct contact w/ him regarding EVERYTHING we do in regards to Buuf and I would appreciate it very much if you would stop policing "Paul's Buuf artwork" And our Buuf theme that we are working on here!

Thank you

I will agree and admit that there is some work here that does not NOT contain Buuf art. I certainly did not intend to "lie" - I apologize for forgetting/not realizing that you guys have included artwork that doesn't contain anything Buuf and that strays so far from the Buuf look (in my opinion).

Oh reallyyyyy, Now you admit it! And it strays so far away from the Buuf look??? Then why in the world did you say we had not "one" single icon or piece of artwork that was not part Buuf? "You" could not even tell the difference! Until I posted something in response to set that false accusation of yours straight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lvl.swiftwind View Post
    What amount of donation is he asking for??
    Sorry about that lvl.swiftwind... *sigh*

Eric did not tell me? But contact him I posted his email address up above for everyone okay.

Actually I agree with you! Doreen is doing her own creation in a style or genre...
    for a lack of analogy, it like writing a sonnet in shakespear's style.. this however does not mean the sonnet is shakespear's work!
    just means u are borrowing his style of writing but the sonnet is still yours!

it would be chaos if we follow that of what this guy is saying.. besides.. unless someone says its ok to do so.. i don't think its nice or ethical to try and use other people's work.. i think it manners.. regardless of how u interprete that license.. respect is important..
    dreaminofu

The name is called "Labelslider"
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-16 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks

Looks ace!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dara For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-17)

So did anyone donate and tried the buuf theme yet?

Page 324 of 492 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast