Page 323 of 492 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Hello dreaminofu

You're not a pain, ask away (I just cannot respond quickly) so I'm not sure if you already found your answer or not but anyways for the dock you can either paint it onto your wall or locate the dock image here: [email protected] and edit the existing image.

For the slider you can find the images: Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Okay you guys it looks like I've decided on this for the keyboard (or pretty close to this) I still need to blend more into the background though but I like these keys better since it seems to blend better w/ the theme. I still have to work on something cool for the pop up keys and of course position the keys better but that's about it.

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-14 at 07:52 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Scarch (2011-07-14), sjbtax (2011-07-14)

hi doreen,are u doin' okay??
    could u please buuf this

and this

thanks a lot in advance :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pisquito View Post
    hi doreen,are u doin' okay??
    could u please buuf this

and this

thanks a lot in advance :P
    Now that's a challenge pisquito!

Requests added!

What size do you need them. What colour? Better still, what did you want to use them for so that we can try and fit the icon to the usage.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-07-14 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks

Hi Doreen

The theme No. 2 (with the Flip Clock LockInfo on LockScreen and in the first page) crash my phone too often (i look forward to the update for LockInfo).
    With notifications that works perfectly (i did not enabled on the image ...).

I would like to change the background of multitasking (640 x 720 px i think) with this image. Can you please resize it?

THX

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Oh I think I know what you are talking about jdewinnaar that has to do w/ some transparency images I put into my theme for my Status Bar. Let me go find those image names and I will come back and post them so you can remove them and see if that fixes your problem okay. The only way to trouble shoot issues when you have several themes running is to turn off "one" at a time in winterboard (process of elimination)

Strange I just removed the two images I thought it was off of my device but on my phone (and I'm running the same OS as you I don't have that issue)

The only suggestion I have is that if you are already running our Buuf iPhone 4 HD theme then you don't need to have these two directories that are in my 3 Buuf WFC.theme folder so remove (or better yet "RENAME") these two folders and "reboot" (not respring)

Library/Themes/3 Buuf WFC.theme/"Bundles"

and

Library/Themes/3 Buuf WFC.theme/"UIImages"

More transparency images that you could rename to see if they are the culprit are:

[email protected] and [email protected] which are located in our Buuf iPhone 4 HD theme in the Bundles directory inside the com.apple.UIKit folder okay.

Since I don't use all the apps most ppl do I would need you to locate the bundle names then let us know the name/title of the icons inside the settings bundles if you need assistance w/ making the icons for those and we will try to assist you.

I have tried everything you suggested and still getting this problem, not the end of the world I guess..

However, I was up all night and noticed this around the early morning hours.. Any idea what could cause this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0083.png   -img_0082.png   -img_0084.png   -img_0085.png  

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Now that's a challenge pisquito!

Requests added!

What size do you need them. What colour? Better still, what did you want to use them for so that we can try and fit the icon to the usage.
    Nevermind,sjbtax,I need em 180x100,white as u can see(the speaker off could be any color u please),for I'm kinda use em to replace icons on old LG.thanks a lot again for yer tremendous effort
    Last edited by pisquito; 2011-07-14 at 04:49 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquito For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-14)

Hello dreaminofu

You're not a pain, ask away (I just cannot respond quickly) so I'm not sure if you already found your answer or not but anyways for the dock you can either paint it onto your wall or locate the dock image here: [email protected] and edit the existing image.

For the slider you can find the images: Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI
    thanks!! i managed to change my dock.. heehee.. i like it much more now..

the slider is the issue now.. hahaha.. i dun like the words on it..
    it says buufyocouch now.. but i want it to be customized.. possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminofu View Post
    the slider is the issue now.. hahaha.. i dun like the words on it..
    it says buufyocouch now.. but i want it to be customized.. possible?
    Go to /private/var/stash/Themes/"yourtheme"/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj and open SpringBoard.strings

Change whatever you like in there

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post

Can you tell me which file you edited to get the city and temp to display an orange text color please..? Also, which font style are you using and how did you get it to be 24h time format?
    Last edited by jdewinnaar; 2011-07-14 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Hi jdewinnaar

The font is Action Man on Cydia.

For 24-hour format, Doreen sent it to me. It is exactly this file you must change (for color, size ...). You can already change yours, in 12 hours.

For the color, edit the file : "Buuf Flip Clock LockInfo.theme/LockBackground.html" and put the color you want. Do the same for the other elements.

Last edited by Scarch; 2011-07-15 at 10:51 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hi jdewinnaar
    For 24-hour format, Doreen sent it to me. It is exactly this file you must change. You can already change yours, in 12 hours.
    I dont understand, do I need to ask Doreen for the 24 hour file?

Thanks

Yes, it's a friend of hers who has change in 24 hours. I will not post it here without his permission.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.. Do I need to pm her or just ask here?

Thanks

I think when she sees our conversation, she will send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Hi dreaminofu,

You can do whatever you like with your own phone for your own personal use. Just bear in mind that different aspects of different themes may not play well together and may cause some conflicts.

Also there is a lot of unnecessary back and forth in relation to the Buuf style by Mattahan (Paul Davey) but at the end of the day you are free to use any Buuf art for any non-commercial use. When creating a new theme Paul has personally stated that you can re-use any of his artwork, but any artwork created personally by another person along the lines of the Buuf style requires the creators permission to re-use.

So essentially any icons or artwork created directly from Mattahan's original artwork is able to be shared and used within other themes, however there are icons and other artwork for example that has been created by Stereo89 & Doreen that they have not given permission to be used in other themes so therefore any icons that are derivatives or partially derivatives of their artwork can not be shared in other themes. Regardless of interpretations of licences etc it is important to respect the wishes of the artists involved. Mattahan has expressed this view also.

This is why I cannot give permission for any icons that I have created or modified to be shared as part of another theme, as a lot of my icons use original artwork from Doreen & Stereo89's icons and artwork. I will happily create personal request icons for people and you are free to integrate these personally into any hybrid theme on your phone but due to Doreen & Stereo89's wishes am unable to share these icons as part of another theme.

But feel free to use anything for your own personal theme and enjoy.
    Actually sjbtax - mattahan's license absolutely allows derivatives to be freely shared, posted, reposted, modified etc.*

You are all absolutely allowed to share and further improve ANY Buuf derived artwork with anyone and in any non-commercial way you or anyone would like.

It's one thing to have a misguided sense of respect. And that is exactly what you are displaying when you decide (attempt) to not allow others to further improve or modify creative-commons-SHARE-ALIKE works for which you have no rights to change the rules to.

It's another thing entirely to misquote or misrepresent mattahan's license and the creative commons rules.*

In fact by releasing your Buuf derivatives (artwork which contains elements or portions of the original mattahan Buuf artwork) you are REQUIRED to allow others to further modify and share what you've posted:

"Share Alike If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one."

So simply-*

Anyone may use any Buuf artwork or any modified Buuf artwork for any reason - whether it's a copy and paste reposted into another language or onto another site for sharing with the world - you are free to do anything you'd like with anything Buuf (including anything that stereo or Doreen have done to alter the Buuf artwork) as long it's for non-commercial use. It doesn't matter if it's for your own personal use or not! Please re-read the creative commons share alike license - even though Doreen refuses to read it, the rules still apply. (it's really only a brief and easy to understand contract)

Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic — CC BY-NC-SA 2.5

(as requested by mattahan: just make sure you give mattahan credit! That is required. And if anyone else helped to make the Buuf artwork you intend to repost, I suggest that you also give credit to them too - although that is not technically required)

There is no "interpretation" going on here. Although you may not be familiar with the rules related to creative commons share alike works of art, these types of works are actually very widespread and the rules are very well known and very very clear by design!! These rules are the reason we are all able to create buuf themes and share this wonderful artwork and I happily defend them when necessary!!

And sjbtax - I'm calling your "bluuf" - please back up your statement:

*"Mattahan has expressed this view also"*

.... where and when did mattahan EVER state anything even remotely similar to what you are saying he said!?!?

(and once again in case anyone is curious - Buuf ∞ Infinity does NOT contain any artwork by or derived from stereo89 nor Doreen - although we are "allowed" we decided not to)

Please don't start a whole drama - my intention is simply to correct sjbtax's incorrect explanation of and his misquote of mattahan's license and words.
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-07-15 at 01:07 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    Actually sjbtax - mattahan's license absolutely allows derivatives to be freely shared, posted, reposted, modified etc.*

You are all absolutely allowed to share and further improve ANY Buuf derived artwork with anyone and in any non-commercial way you or anyone would like.

It's one thing to have a misguided sense of respect. And that is exactly what you are displaying when you decide (attempt) to not allow others to further improve or modify creative-commons-SHARE-ALIKE works for which you have no rights to change the rules to.

It's another thing entirely to misquote or misrepresent mattahan's license and the creative commons rules.*

In fact by releasing your Buuf derivatives (artwork which contains elements or portions of the original mattahan Buuf artwork) you are REQUIRED to allow others to further modify and share what you've posted:

"Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one."

So simply-*

Anyone may use any Buuf artwork or any modified Buuf artwork for any reason - whether it's a copy and paste reposted into another language or onto another site for sharing with the world - you are free to do anything you'd like with anything Buuf (including anything that stereo or Doreen have done to alter the Buuf artwork) as long it's for non-commercial use. It doesn't matter if it's for your own personal use or not! Please re-read the creative commons share alike license - even though Doreen refuses to read it, the rules still apply. (it's really only a brief and easy to understand contract)

Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic — CC BY-NC-SA 2.5

(as requested by mattahan: just make sure you give mattahan credit! That is required. And if anyone else helped to make the Buuf artwork you intend to repost, I suggest that you also give credit to them too - although that is not technically required)

There is no "interpretation" going on here. Although you may not be familiar with the rules related to creative commons share alike works of art, these types of works are actually very widespread and the rules are very well known and very very clear by design!! These rules are the reason we are all able to create buuf themes and share this wonderful artwork and I happily defend them when necessary!!

And sjbtax - I'm calling your "bluuf" - please back up your statement:

*"Mattahan has expressed this view also"*

.... where and when did mattahan EVER state anything even remotely similar to what you are saying he said!?!?

(and once again in case anyone is curious - Buuf ∞ Infinity does NOT contain any artwork by or derived from stereo89 nor Doreen - although we are "allowed" we decided not to)

Please don't start a whole drama - my intention is simply to correct sjbtax's incorrect explanation of and his misquote of mattahan's license and words.
    Hi whitebelt,

My apologies... No upset was intended. I was simply answering a question directly asked by a thread guest.

I at no stage attempted to interpret or quote any licence, but simply advised that I could not give permission to use any icons posted by myself or anyone else for any use other than their own personal use because I did not have the right.

I stand by my response to the question asked and, as far as you calling my "Bluuf" in relation to Mattahan's comment I was actually quoting you yourself.....

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post

When I asked Paul Davey/mattahan about using stereo89 and doreen's buuf work in buuf infinity (and I let mattahan know that stereo and doreen have said that they do not want me to include their stuff with buuf infinity)

Paul said this (direct quote):

"You have my permission to use anything of mine that they modified but
    you'll have to contact them for anything original that they made
    ."
    I fail to see where my misguided respect comes from. Both Doreen & Stereo89 have voiced that their creations are available to be used personally but requested that they not be used as a part of another theme. I am not about to go and pull apart the icons/artwork to verify whether they are partially Mattahan's creations or something they created themselves in the same style. I am simply respecting their wishes.

Your work is impressive and you should be very proud of what you have created over at Buuf ∞. I have much respect for yourself and gadezu as I do Doreen & Stereo89 and all other members of the theming community and appreciate all that I learn from all of you and am happy helping out in my limited capacity wherever I can. However it would be appreciated if you could please not try and drag me into what appears to be more a personal matter between yourself, Doreen & Stereo89.

I will comment no further on any matters in relation to this issue as I have far better things to do with my time and the small amount of pleasurable time I spend on these forums and helping out with a few things Buuf here and there need not be wasted with these distractions.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-07-15 at 08:24 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16)

Sjbtax - But there isn't anything that any of us post on these Buuf forums that is completely "original". Obviously most of the great stuff that we create (you, Doreen, stereo, myself, and many others on these Buuf forums) takes lots of time and creativity but it is still ALL BUUF DERIVITIVES!! Please show me one thing that doreen or stereo have created and shared here that doesn't contain some part of some original mattahan Buuf image. If it has even the stock Buuf square or round icons or ANY other element from the original mattahan Buuf sets, then it is of course a Buuf derivative.

The point here is that Buuf was released with certain rules. Rules that forbid commercial use but allow all other distribution and modification! These rules led to many free themes being created and shared for many platforms and devices over many years. Free is popular. Free does not only relate to money. Free also sometimes means freedoms. Because of the freedom to modify and share and remodify and share that is built-in to Buuf, people have been able to learn and explore and create many different things using Buuf as the medium!! (that's very important and very real! This is the main reason for my passion on this topic) Because of how awesome Buuf is AND BECAUSE IT WAS RELEASED UNDER THE CREATIVE COMMONS SHARE ALIKE license, many many people have been able to continue building on the advancements, knowledge and creativity of those that contributed before them.

You guys are saying that if some other developer or user or anyone wants to use the contributions to Buuf that are posted here, that they can not. I am saying that that is not true. They can. They should!! And you and stereo and Doreen should be proud and happy to help spread Buuf (even further) for Paul Davey!!

Ok- since I don't want to waste any more of your time on this, I'll just agree with you on (what I think is) your main point - and as you already quoted me quoting mattahan - anything "original" that stereo or Doreen create (that is not a modified version of mattahan's Buuf art) is not to be shared!! But there isn't any of that here anyway, so no worries mate!

Ps- this is not nor has it ever been any sort of "personal matter" between me and Doreen & stereo89 (at least not for me).

Thanks

Okay you guys it looks like I've decided on this for the keyboard (or pretty close to this) I still need to blend more into the background though but I like these keys better since it seems to blend better w/ the theme. I still have to work on something cool for the pop up keys and of course position the keys better but that's about it.
    Hi Doreen
    Both keyboards are beautiful ... I am delighted to be able to test them when you're done.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-16), sjbtax (2011-07-15)

Quote Originally Posted by derekliu View Post
    Requesting for buufed icon for

Thanks!!
    Hi any updates?

Page 323 of 492 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast