Page 322 of 492 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Thanks

Hello dreaminofu

I have a little trouble understanding what people want , you want the new path for ColorKeyboard?

Just change the directory to :
    Library/ColorKeyboard/Themes

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-09), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

I'm using an iPhone 2g on 3.1.2, and only just discovered this awesome theme today, after finally getting Cydia to stop crashing! Sorry if this is the wrong place - I noticed the other thread was pretty much dead - after I posted... Since I couldn't find any Koi Pond icons (Well, I could, but they didn't look like Koi's, or fish for that matter, so I made this one:

Don't know if this is the right thread for it though, as most icons seem bigger in there, than the old thread! Just felt like sharing it anyway.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s0uthpaw For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-10), Scarch (2011-07-10), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Hi s0uthpaw

This forum is for the iPhone 4 themes and the other forum you came from is mainly for the 3Gs (SD themes) However all you would need to do to use our icons is resize them smaller. As for the theme you would need to resize all the images smaller and also rename them for your specific OS as well. (so it would be a bit more work) but as for the icons it's not that difficult since resizing down you won't lose much quality it is when you resize things upward that you get distortion and fuzziness.

I messed up on the shadow maybe if I have some time I will try again at that one tomorrow those icons for Koi Pond are truly a challenge!
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-10 at 03:00 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Mimh (2011-07-10), s0uthpaw (2011-07-10), Scarch (2011-07-10), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hello dreaminofu

I have a little trouble understanding what people want , you want the new path for ColorKeyboard?

Just change the directory to :
    Library/ColorKeyboard/Themes
    I tried this as well... Think I must have missed something cause it's not
    Not working... But nvm... Would work ard that...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminofu View Post
    I'll try my best to work on that tomorrow and get back to you dreaminofu...

Our theme has now been updated in the first post w/ the new Buuf Calendar theme, I'm sorry but I'm not sure when I will have time to update on Cydia right now since there is alot of changes and updates coming I might as well wait for a while.
    I'm still not 100% satisfied w/ that Calendar (but it's a start and can be updated again at a later time) The images are all in the file for those that wanted my first version of this Calendar as well...

It's late on this end so I'm prone to mistakes if you guys spot anything please let me know so I can fix it. I updated a few more GUI fixes again to while I was at it. (Thank you again sjbtax and Scarch for the help it is appreciated)

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-10 at 08:17 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (2011-07-10), Scarch (2011-07-10), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

Thanks

Hi dreaminofu

Did you download on Cydia Color Keyboard?
    If so, have you activated the theme in the phone settings?

Last edited by Scarch; 2011-07-10 at 11:30 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-10), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

Requesting for buufed icon for

Thanks!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derekliu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hi s0uthpaw

This forum is for the iPhone 4 themes and the other forum you came from is mainly for the 3Gs (SD themes) However all you would need to do to use our icons is resize them smaller. As for the theme you would need to resize all the images smaller and also rename them for your specific OS as well. (so it would be a bit more work) but as for the icons it's not that difficult since resizing down you won't lose much quality it is when you resize things upward that you get distortion and fuzziness.

I messed up on the shadow maybe if I have some time I will try again at that one tomorrow those icons for Koi Pond are truly a challenge!
    Thanks for that. I guess I'll stick with the older version then! :P Otherwise it seems like too much messing on.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s0uthpaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s0uthpaw View Post
    Thanks for that. I guess I'll stick with the older version then! :P Otherwise it seems like too much messing on.
    Sorry s0uthpaw, I doubt I will ever make this theme in an SD version as the only reason I made this theme in the first place was cuz there was no Buuf "iPhone 4" theme. Though I had many request early on I never did because in the other forum I knew there was already another person who worked very hard on his theme and it would be duplicating his work. (I thought it would be disrespectful to him)

So though our particular Buuf theme is not SD compat you can use this one over here I believe theirs is: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...4-release.html

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

s0uthpaw (2011-07-10), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

Thanks

I'm going to try my hand at another Color Keyboard theme that first one I made was silly. This is just a quick shot at trying to make a brown one to match our theme (however, as I continue working on it I might end up using diff keys and/or a diff background) I'm not sure yet what do you guys think?

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-10 at 10:33 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

luluv (2011-12-31), Scarch (2011-07-11), sjbtax (2011-07-10)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by derekliu View Post
    Requesting for buufed icon for

Thanks!!
    Request added

Quote Originally Posted by s0uthpaw View Post
    Hi s0uthpaw,

If you're happy to stick with your old theme I am happy to resize any icons you might like to add. Just ask.

I'm going to try my hand at another Color Keyboard theme that first one I made was silly. This is just a quick shot at trying to make a brown one to match our theme (however, as I continue working on it I might end up using diff keys and/or a diff background) I'm not sure yet what do you guys think?

Yep.....

Liking that style! Very Buuf HD.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-07-10 at 11:11 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-11), luluv (2011-12-31)

Thanks

Hello

As usual, it's nice job.
    This brown gradient you used is beautiful.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-12), sjbtax (2011-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hi dreaminofu

Did you download on Cydia Color Keyboard?
    If so, have you activated the theme in the phone settings?

yes i have done those things... i just think the pop up and theme have changed in terms of directory... will try and figure it out

and that new keyboard!!! wow~

btw, i'm actually quite new to this themeing thing... can i check if there are any rules or problems if i combined a few themes and used it on my phone and only my phone?
    Last edited by dreaminofu; 2011-07-11 at 05:00 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreaminofu For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-12), sjbtax (2011-07-11)

Thanks

yes i have done those things... i just think the pop up and theme have changed in terms of directory... will try and figure it out

btw, i'm actually quite new to this themeing thing... can i check if there are any rules or problems if i combined a few themes and used it on my phone and only my phone?
    Hi dreaminofu,

You can do whatever you like with your own phone for your own personal use. Just bear in mind that different aspects of different themes may not play well together and may cause some conflicts.

Also there is a lot of unnecessary back and forth in relation to the Buuf style by Mattahan (Paul Davey) but at the end of the day you are free to use any Buuf art for any non-commercial use. When creating a new theme Paul has personally stated that you can re-use any of his artwork, but any artwork created personally by another person along the lines of the Buuf style requires the creators permission to re-use.

So essentially any icons or artwork created directly from Mattahan's original artwork is able to be shared and used within other themes, however there are icons and other artwork for example that has been created by Stereo89 & Doreen that they have not given permission to be used in other themes so therefore any icons that are derivatives or partially derivatives of their artwork can not be shared in other themes. Regardless of interpretations of licences etc it is important to respect the wishes of the artists involved. Mattahan has expressed this view also.

This is why I cannot give permission for any icons that I have created or modified to be shared as part of another theme, as a lot of my icons use original artwork from Doreen & Stereo89's icons and artwork. I will happily create personal request icons for people and you are free to integrate these personally into any hybrid theme on your phone but due to Doreen & Stereo89's wishes am unable to share these icons as part of another theme.

But feel free to use anything for your own personal theme and enjoy.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-07-11 at 11:38 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-12), Scarch (2011-07-13)

Thanks

As soon as I finish up this Keyboard I'll do detailed instructions for you so you can get everything working. As for your question about combining themes? Of course! I think everyone should combine the best of what they like from all the themes they want! That is what customization is all about!

The only problem that comes out of this is if you are inexperienced and you need to trouble shoot something and are looking for help you would not exactly know whose theme is causing the issue you are having and most will not spend countless hours supporting someone elses theme so you would need to know whose theme you are having an issue w/ and go to "that person for help" (reason being #1. Most will not sacrifice their valuable time to help you fix someone elses theme. #2. Only the person that made the theme can quickly resolve the issue since they know how it was constructed)

Lastly the "only" issue me and Stereo have ever had about our work is not anyone using it w/ other themes we encourage everyone to enjoy it however they want "on their own devices" that is why we do this! So everyone can enjoy it!

We just get upset when we worked our a** off on this theme for almost a year and then someone tries to come along and simply scoop up everything we've made and posted here in this thread for everyone's enjoyment in exactly 5 minutes flat and stick a new name to it and call it their theme?

This is simple common sense that everyone who has respect for others would completely understand...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-12 at 04:28 AM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Scarch (2011-07-13), sjbtax (2011-07-12)

thanks for your reply! thanks so much for clearing that up...
    i'm just trying out different things... nothing fancy but will just copy the whole bundle so its still pretty basic
    and so far its been working and i could do some of the troubleshooting myself

just wanted to make sure that it was ok to do so. and no worries... its just for my own consumption.

as a general question: once i create a customized version of what i wanted, can i then save the whole file on desktop as a backup? since i realise that i would not be able to back it up if i were to upgrade my software.
    it would also seem that all the additional themes i have downloaded will also be deleted. is there a way to back it up so i can easily restore?

i had to re download and re "design" my phone like for 3 days the last time this happened

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreaminofu For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-12), sjbtax (2011-07-12)

Thanks

Boy I can relate we get things just the way we finally want and then there goes Apple posting yet another update and we have to start all over again! And of course it's okay! (and how completely polite of you to even ask that) Anyways, here's what I recommend...

1. Download "iFunBox" (since it is easier to use then WinSCP) the directory you want to go to is: Raw File System/Library/Themes (this is the location of all your winterboard themes)

2. Drag out the entire "Themes" Folder onto your desktop

3. Create a "New Folder" and name it whatever you want as "your" customized theme

4. Now go back to the "Themes folder" you just dragged out onto your desktop from winterboard and now you can copy and paste all the bundles, various icons and parts of everyone's themes into "your new Theme folder" and have a copy of it saved on your desktop

5. When you are finished pulling out all your favorite parts of various themes that you want to combine together into "your new theme folder" drag that new folder of yours and add it back into your winterboard "Themes" folder using iFunBox

6. Now go into winterboards settings and enable "your new theme"

I hope that makes some sense? (long day and I'm off to bed but I will check back in on your tomorrow night after work)

Happy theming! Have fun and enjoy...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-07-12 at 06:33 AM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

abear1619 (2011-07-12), Scarch (2011-07-13), sjbtax (2011-07-12)

Thanks

Your awesome doreen

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-13), sjbtax (2011-07-12)

Thanks

I tend to always leave creators themes exactly as they are and then create an amendment theme above them in Winterboard containing my customizations. That way changes are only lost when you decide to take the plunge with an OS upgrade and not if a theme is updated via Cydia.

Doreen's described method of backup is ideal in case of an OS upgrade or any other unexpected drastic loss of data.

So customize to your hearts content. BTW we always enjoy screenshots of your creations here and over at Mdot80's Buuf4fans thread.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-07-12 at 01:57 PM.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-13), Scarch (2011-07-13)

oh... i'll love to ask for comments once its done...heehee...

i've gotten the back up and thanks to doreen... it worked perfectly...

sorry to be such a pain but can i ask... how do u change the dock on the home page?
    i am using a dock in one of the themes but really i dun think too much of it... how do i replace it with a picture of my own choice?
    i like the fact that its slightly transparent but would prefer another picture? which bundle do i have to correct?
    how about the folders? how do i change those?
    i am quite a noob... would like to work using iFunBox... its like about the only method i've understood thus far...
    tried iFile and nearly killed myself in fustration

thank you in advance for any advice or directions that can be given

oh yes...nearly forgot... how do i change the slider???? i saw sone really nice ones i'll love to have
    Last edited by dreaminofu; 2011-07-13 at 10:26 AM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to dreaminofu For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-07-14)

Page 322 of 492 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast