Page 287 of 492 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    You need a license to understand that creation and duplication does not mean the same thing?
    My education taught me that if you want to receive, you must give ...
    Who is duplicating anything??? Please give an example if you are implying Buuf ∞ Infinity has duplicated something from this theme.

As for your "education"... It seems your educators forgot to teach you about open source projects.

Thanks

I never said you had to copy some elements of the Doreen's theme.
    I do exactly the same thing as you, i mix what i found if i like it.

People are entranced by your theme, it's true it looks beautiful, but the original is not your creation.
    For duplication, i was talking about that for example.
    I find it very similar no?

That's why i say that creation must be paid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1346.png   -img_1347.png  
    Last edited by Scarch; 2011-05-01 at 12:04 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

I never said you had to copy some elements of the Doreen's theme.
    I do exactly the same thing as you, i mix what i found if i like it.

People are entranced by your theme, it's true it looks beautiful, but the original is not your creation.
    For duplication, i was talking about that for example.
    I find it very similar no?

That's why i say that creation must be paid.
    creation must NOT be paid when that creation is actually a derivative of a non-commercially licensed creative commons work.

The original is not my creation?! That's right! NEWS FLASH: Buuf themes all use Buuf artwork - which was all originally CREATED by Paul Davey/Mattahan!!

If instead you are looking for totally original creations you are in the wrong place. All of us on these buuf threads MAKE/"CREATE"/MODIFY/ETC using someone else's artwork. Pretty cool that that is allowed by the original artist huh? (for non commercial use only and of course anyone else is then free to remodify and rerelease)

I'd still call what doreen, stereo, myself, gadezu and many others are doing "creations". But you can call them what you'd like to. But please don't say that what you and I do is the same - as helpful as you are on this thread and on the original iPhone Buuf thread (started by axero - the one that this, "Doreen's" thread was originally a community port of!!!) I don't recall you doing any icon "creation" [meaning laboriously manipulating and creatively adding to and altering in photoshop etc mattahan's original buuf artwork].

I also am not sure you realize the extent of the work we put in to our theme elements - we have been learning and implementing changes to javascript, html, css, and of course the images - UI elements, backgrounds, icons, etc etc. We have figured out how to properly theme certain iPhone elements independently and prior to this theme- early on I used to post this info and research here, we have auto-theming masks, and a different theme directory framework, we have made a wiki website and a beginner's guide website [see the first post of our thread], I won't even go on - please spend some time with our theme and on our thread and wiki etc.

What exactly do you mean by implying that doreen and this thread have created something original where Buuf ∞ Infinity did not? To the point where Doreen can charge money for non-commercial based artwork themes when the rest of the buuf theming world keeps it free as per the license. This theme and this thread was originally started by doreen as a community effort to port an earlier iPhone Buuf theme which in turn was very similar to the Palm, windows mobile, KDE, GNOME, etc themes that came BEFORE that!!! Now, of course Doreen and many others here have then continued to develop and obviously this theme is now very different than the earlier iphone buuf theme. Doreen at some point early on took the reins over here and made a very nice buuf theme with some of her own twists to the choosing of and the manipulation of mattahan's images and style [with tons of stereo's help of course and the input and assistance of many other talented forum members like bababooey, gadezu, and myself. The thing is - with Doreen at the helm, many other mods and suggestions by other forum members were not being integrated into "her" theme. Which is fine - as DOREEN AND STEREO suggested OVER AND OVER - some of us started other Buuf Themes… these are NOT copies of her theme!!

Unlike all the other Buuf modders that came way before them - stereo and Doreen did not want people building off of their contributions. So we were in a strange situation - she wouldn't integrate our additions, she wouldn't let us utilize hers, and she asked us to start a new thread/theme and "go back to original artwork" ... So we did...

Buuf ∞ Infinity was started as an alternative Buuf style that is totally free [as all Buuf themes should be]. Many have stated that they like Doreen's more feminine and playful look. Some like babaooey's more masculine style, and many have said that they prefer Buuf ∞ Infinity's cleaner, more complete, professional, more universal/androgynous style. It's personal preference. But we are all working hard and we are absolutely not copying from nor copy and pasting nor whatever you said, from this theme. We are however all using the same images from the same original mattahan Buuf set. All Buuf themes will obviously then have some similarities.

With regards to one of the older Buuf ∞ Infinity widgets you altered and posted a screenshot of - yes - those are similar - with the permission of and always giving credit to Alien1974 [and the other original developers of this and other widgets we themed and changed and added code etc] - yes - we "buufed" the Dusk LAW widget you posted an image of. We then continued to develop it and I suggest you try one of the dozen or so newer versions we have posted throughout the Buuf ∞ Infinity thread - and on the first post and wiki.

We have a lot more to go! Stay posted and please visit the Buuf ∞ Infinity forum.

Winterboard Buuf ∞ Infinity iPhone 4 [release]

PS - I only came back here to defend myself and Buuf ∞ Infinity - Doreen posted on the Buuf ∞ Infinity thread first - so when she makes her usual threats to "Quit" or "stay away for a while" and she blames it on "whitebelt and [what he says and does and blah blah blah]" Please don't believe her. I am not looking for any sort of drama or argument. This is all ridiculous actually. Unlike Doreen, I actually respect the hard work of others and I hope she will continue with her creative additions to Buuf.
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-05-01 at 03:51 AM.

Erm, Scarch..

Can I know how to get the 5 day forecast to appear?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that was a freakin' book. I haven't read that much since high school. I may just delete this forum app. Way too much drama for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronniemac For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Nitten,

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've seen them uploaded and have also tried them on the phone itself, I am not really happy with the BMW and pump.ie icons. Flightboard & Flighttracker seem fine but if you (or anyone else) have any suggestions I am happy to alter them.

Once again thanks to Mattahan & Stereo for the foundations.
    Quick replacement for the previous BMW icon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bmw2.png  

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01), Maimoudaki (2011-05-01), Nittenyadhav (2011-05-02), Scarch (2011-05-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Hi all

Could I make a humble request to make the icons for

notifier+
    BimmerApp (or BMW logo)
    Pumps.ie
    AnPost.ie
    Mail Notifier
    FlightBoard
    FlightTrack
    MailOnline
    Samurai2
    Think Beyond

Sorry to ask for lots but I have no other options and sorry for 2 icon big size as I could not locate small one. I am not sure you need small or big icons for make Buuf icons.

Regards
    Nitten
    Nitten,

Here are the remaining icons from your request.

notifier+
    AnPost.ie
    Mail Notifier
    MailOnline
    Think Beyond

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -notifier-.png   -anpost.ie.png   -mail-notifier.png   -mailonline.png   -think-beyond.png  

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01), Maimoudaki (2011-05-01), Scarch (2011-05-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyshamaine View Post
    Erm, Scarch..

Can I know how to get the 5 day forecast to appear?
    Hello

Look in your theme the folder Settings.js and change the value "var showForecast" to true.

@whitebelt

Hi

We do not have the same reasoning, but i think we'll stop boring people with our various.
    Sharing our knowledge, it will be useful.

@sjbtax

Hi

I'm looking for small icons for FolderEnhancer, Five Icon Switcher, Infinidock, Privacy and RemindMeLater in the settings please.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0061.png  
    Last edited by Scarch; 2011-05-01 at 01:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

Thanks

Hello. Icon Requests:

1. eSG
    2. sptimetable
    3. Train conductor
    Here you go skinnyshamaine.

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -esg.png   -sptimetable.png   -train-conductor.png  

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01), Maimoudaki (2011-05-01), Scarch (2011-05-01)

Hello

Look in your theme the folder Settings.js and change the value "var showForecast" to true.
    i cant find any settings.js?

Thanks

i cant find any settings.js?
    This file does not exist in the theme of Doreen. It is in the other theme.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

where is the download link?? i can't find it in 1st page.. and if i donated, will i get animated flipclock, and analog clock?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to denisyasha For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

This file does not exist in the theme of Doreen. It is in the other theme.
    can i know how to get it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denisyasha View Post
    where is the download link?? i can't find it in 1st page.. and if i donated, will i get animated flipclock, and analog clock?
    Hello denisyasha

The theme was finally put up on Cydia 4-17-11 there were too many request over the past year to put it up there because alot of ppl still do not understanding file transfers. (and me spending half my day in private emails attempting to explain how to do file transfers) however if you wish me to post the file for download here again as well I will.

There are now several various Buuf themes created for the iPhone 4 since we first made ours but ours is specifically named: "Buuf iPhone 4 HD" and is available for free up on cydia okay.

As for my "Animated Weather Flip Clock" and now my new "Animated Weather Analog Clock" I have had "one on one" contact w/ the actual person who created Buuf to make sure he had no issues at all of me basing my Animated Weather Clocks on his theme. And have been given permission and his Blessings to do so.

So yes my Clocks are by donation only however once again the Buuf iPhone 4 HD theme as well as the over 1500 customized icons that Stereo and the members of modmyi have posted through out this thread are completely free and if you look at the screenshots in my first post it will show all the various applications that have been themed such as the Notes, Media Player, Weather App. SBSettings etc etc.

can i know how to get it?
    Skinny that is gadezu's theme in the other Buuf thread and also avail up on Cydia okay.
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-05-01 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Scarch (2011-05-02)

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Nitten,

Here are the remaining icons from your request.

notifier+
    AnPost.ie
    Mail Notifier
    MailOnline
    Think Beyond

Enjoy!
    Hi sjbtax

Thanks you very very much, I really appreciate your help on making these icons I couldnt be more happy with them. All are looking awesome. Could I just make a request or may be a suggestion? All icon with page on back ground are not going with buuf theme. If they come without this square page bg tey will look great. Like example Pumps.ie. If this will be not to much of trouble could I make a request just to remove the background page from pumps.ie icon and only leave with that petrolpupm image in icon?

Let me know what you suggest

Regrads
    nitten

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-05-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi all, making a request for the following. much appreciated

tiny wings
    sword and sworcery
    angry birds rio
    world goo

iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Doreen...if I take one of your icons and resize it, can I then call it mine? Oh I'll give you "credit" for your small contribution. I'm working on a license that will state that I can do it. And of course ya know how legal these licenses are....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronniemac For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01), sjbtax (2011-05-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

I don't deal w/ licenses I go straight to the source and talk to the actual creator of Buuf (anything he says to me "SUPERSEDES" the license since he made Buuf)

1. The license did not make Buuf.

2. Whitebelt did not make Buuf.

3. "Paul" made Buuf.

And I only deal w/ Paul directly. I have from day one (almost a year ago now)

So whitebelt can toss the license mumbo jumbo around until he turns blue or until Paul himself tells him to knock it off I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by callmetuan View Post
    hi all, making a request for the following. much appreciated

tiny wings
    sword and sworcery
    angry birds rio
    world goo

Hello

This is one that Stereo has already made for one of the members here a while back and also here's a rio version I just created from Stereo's original work okay. And my funky attempt at a World Goo, Sword and Sworcery Tiny Wings thingie.

Last edited by Doreen; 2011-05-01 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

callmetuan (2011-05-02), Maimoudaki (2011-05-02), Scarch (2011-05-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Hi sjbtax

Thanks you very very much, I really appreciate your help on making these icons I couldnt be more happy with them. All are looking awesome. Could I just make a request or may be a suggestion? All icon with page on back ground are not going with buuf theme. If they come without this square page bg tey will look great. Like example Pumps.ie. If this will be not to much of trouble could I make a request just to remove the background page from pumps.ie icon and only leave with that petrolpupm image in icon?

Let me know what you suggest

Regrads
    nitten
    Hi nitten,

Here is that icon without the page background. I will probably still try and come up with an alternative as I don't really like it. I agree the page icons don't look as good, I was just trying not to use the tile background all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pumps2.png  
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-05-01 at 11:28 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-03), Scarch (2011-05-02)

Thanks

@sjbtax

Hi

I'm looking for small icons for FolderEnhancer, Five Icon Switcher, Infinidock, Privacy and RemindMeLater in the settings please.
    Thanks
    Hi Scarch,

Try these on and see how they look.

Small Settings Icons
    FolderEnhancer
    Five Icon Switcher
    Infinidock (x2)
    Privacy
    RemindMeLater

Also check your Inbox, I have supplied a couple of "Scarch specific" ones for FolderEnhancer & Privacy for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-03), Scarch (2011-05-02)

Page 287 of 492 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast