Page 286 of 492 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelcel View Post
    Hey i have never asked for a icon yet but please please i just learned how to put Flipboard on my iphone [ so happy about that ] and i would love an icon for it please and thanks
    Hello

Flipboard by Stereo 89.

To all those looking for icons :

Page 288 post #4312
    Page 289 post #4329

If you do not find your icon, sjbtax will be happy (i think) to help you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -flipboard.png  
    Last edited by Scarch; 2011-04-29 at 11:52 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

kelcel (2011-04-29), sjbtax (2011-04-29)

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    No problems kelcel,

I will look at it after I pick the kids up from school. I have a batch that I am working on for Nitten and then I will look at your Flipboard.
    Thanks sjbtax, I really appreciate your hard work.

Hi guys

I know this been asked before and you have told many times here but as there are morethan 300 pages I am not sure where it is. Fianlly after lots of workd and trial I managed to got all except few hicks in theme. Could you please let me know how I can remove this text"slide to unlock" and this light grey background from back of green arrow. I just want to keep it just with green aroow nothing else. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Nitten
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.jpg  

Hey Nitten!
    Totally unrelated...we just got back from Dublin...teaching a lindy hop workshop there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Hi all

Could I make a humble request to make the icons for

notifier+
    BimmerApp (or BMW logo)
    Pumps.ie
    AnPost.ie
    Mail Notifier
    FlightBoard
    FlightTrack
    MailOnline
    Samurai2
    Think Beyond

Sorry to ask for lots but I have no other options and sorry for 2 icon big size as I could not locate small one. I am not sure you need small or big icons for make Buuf icons.

Regards
    Nitten
    OK Nitten,

Here's a start. I'll add to this as I make the rest.

BimmerApp (or BMW logo)
    Pumps.ie
    FlightBoard
    FlightTrack
    Samurai2

I think I'll have another look at the ones I have done in the morning. I don't know that I'm overly happy with them. Let me know what you think.

Shane (sjbtax)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bmw.png   -pumps.png   -flight-board.png   -flighttracker.png   -samarai2.png  

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Maimoudaki (2011-04-29), Nittenyadhav (2011-04-29), tukeane (2011-04-29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hello

Flipboard by Stereo 89.

Page 288 post #4312
    Page 289 post #4329

Thanks for pointing that out Scarch, I had missed that myself and was just about to start creating one.

OK Nitten,

Here's a start. I'll add to this as I make the rest.

BimmerApp (or BMW logo)
    Pumps.ie
    FlightBoard
    FlightTrack
    Samurai2

I think I'll have another look at the ones I have done in the morning. I don't know that I'm overly happy with them. Let me know what you think.

Shane (sjbtax)
    Hi Shane

I can't thanks enough to you for this my friend and really I cant say to your hard work that it is not good. I am happy what you have provided but as you asked this is my suggestion only that both FlightBorad and FlighTrack icons are not that catchy but thats because only you asked

regards
    nitten

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nittenyadhav For This Useful Post:

sjbtax (2011-04-29)

Hello. Icon Requests:

1. eSG
    2. sptimetable
    3. Train conductor

@Doreen have you had a chance to look at that red time thing yet? It seems to be consistent for me. If I leave my phone locked with the screen off for around 10-15 minutes, I don't know for sure, then when I turn it on it shows up, but when I unlock and then lock again it's gone. I don't know if your able to duplicate this or what. Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nittenyadhav View Post
    Hi Shane

I can't thanks enough to you for this my friend and really I cant say to your hard work that it is not good. I am happy what you have provided but as you asked this is my suggestion only that both FlightBorad and FlighTrack icons are not that catchy but thats because only you asked

regards
    nitten
    Nitten,

Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've seen them uploaded and have also tried them on the phone itself, I am not really happy with the BMW and pump.ie icons. Flightboard & Flighttracker seem fine but if you (or anyone else) have any suggestions I am happy to alter them.

Once again thanks to Mattahan & Stereo for the foundations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

Nittenyadhav (2011-04-29)

Hello

Flipboard by Stereo 89.

Page 288 post #4312
    Page 289 post #4329

Everytime I try to download the files with the icons I get an error, what do I use to open it?

I would like a pink sms bubble and a purple sms bubble if anyone has time to do them. Thank you
    Last edited by jennifergarz; 2011-04-30 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi Shane thanks for reply sure if u javelin better plans for bmw and pumps.ie icon it will be great. thanks again for ur help.

regards
    Nitten

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jennifergarz View Post
    Everytime I try to download the files with the icons I get an error, what do I use to open it?

I would like a pink sms bubble and a purple sms bubble if anyone has time to do them. Thank you
    What operating system are you on (PC, Mac) and are they not downloading or can you not open them once they have downloaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-04-30 at 12:26 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sjbtax For This Useful Post:

skinnyshamaine (2011-04-30)

What operating system are you on (PC, Mac) and are they not downloading or can you not open them once they have downloaded.
    thanks for the SMS bubbles....I am using a pc and I am able to download them but I think I don't have the proper program to open the file with because thats what the error message says

Can someone please help me, I am looking for a previous post where someone had the ringer off and ringer on icons. The icons were a speaker box with colorful music notes, and a speakerbox with tape over it in an X shape. I have tried searching everything I can think of but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks

nevermind i found the speakerboxes
    Last edited by jennifergarz; 2011-04-30 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

This is just to inform you of why I am getting more and more tired of working on this when all whitebelt is doing is duplicating "everything" we do over here and now he is trying to take the work being done here and post it over to his thread by contacting ppl privately.

Copy and Paste from my post in that other Buuf thread:

Just to inform those interested and following the drama whitebelt started all over in the "original" Buuf iPhone 4 thread (and is now working desperately and feverishly to duplicate everything in this 2nd and new thread)

He is now sending out PM's to the modmyi members of our Buuf thread to first intimadate them w/ his usual creative commons share-alike license stuff then he follows that up by informing them that "he" can take whatever he wants of "their work" and does not even need to ask.

(However "after the mini threat" he plays to be a nice guy asking for permission to take it first when he knows you don't just take ppl's hard work!)

How thoughtful =)

First off you cannot take something that someone else created by hiding behind that license. As much as you would like to take "everyone's hard work" and attach your name to it (w/ a simple little thank you note) you need to ask permission which is what is pissing you off sooooo much that you are now on this revenge mission.

Go make your own icons and have fun! =)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-04-30 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    This is just to inform you of why I am getting more and more tired of working on this when all whitebelt is doing is duplicating "everything" we do over here and now he is trying to take the work being done here and post it over to his thread by contacting ppl privately.

Just to inform those interested and following the drama whitebelt started all over in the "original" Buuf iPhone 4 thread (and is now working desperately and feverishly to duplicate everything in this 2nd and new thread)

He is now sending out PM's to the modmyi members of our Buuf thread to first intimadate them w/ his usual creative commons share-alike license stuff then he follows that up by informing them that "he" can take whatever he wants of "their work" and does not even need to ask.

(However "after the mini threat" he plays to be a nice guy asking for permission to take it first when he knows you don't just take ppl's hard work!)

How thoughtful =)

First off you cannot take something that someone else created by hiding behind that license. As much as you would like to take "everyone's hard work" and attach your name to it (w/ a simple little thank you note) you need to ask permission which is what is pissing you off sooooo much that you are now on this revenge mission.

Huh?

How thoughtful =)

Doreen you're confused. Have you looked at Buuf ∞ Infinity and the many mods and add-ons? We have not duplicated anything from this theme!!

Do you have any idea how many buuf themes there are for nearly every device out there for many years now. We have gone through great lengths to very carefully not include any of your work nor stereo's work in Buuf ∞ Infinity. (nor anyone else's other than mattahan and those that give us permission - even though we don't need permission, as per mattahan)

Although we do not have to and instead we could include your work with ours, as per mattahan and his creative commons license - we feel its important to release totally free and modifiable and redistributable theme elements and icons made by people who care about open source and sharing.

PS - reminder... Requiring donations as you do is commercial use. Buuf is for non commmercial use only

My response [Copy and paste from the Buuf ∞ Infinity thread]

(However "after the mini threat" he plays to be a nice guy asking for permission to take it first and post it over here when he knows you don't just take ppl's hard work!)

How thoughtful =)

Wow Doreen - you never cease to amaze me…. here we go again...

Actually you are totally wrong with both my intentions and with what is allowed.

First of all - we have not used with buuf infinity nor ever posted here any of stereo89's nor any of your contributions/work. Ever.

I would ONLY like to include with Buuf Infinity, buuf artwork by those that wish to share it. [as the original author intended by including an open source license with it!!]

HOWEVER YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG ABOUT WHAT IS ALLOWED IF I REALLY WANTED TO!!

After all these times that we have discussed this I would have thought you would have finally read the creative commons license that Paul Davey/mattahan included with his buuf artwork over 5 years ago. IT SPECIFICALLY STATES THAT ANYONE CAN USE ANY MODIFIED VERSIONS OF BUUF WITHOUT ASKING ANYONE PERMISSION!!!

And just in case I was wrong I SPECIFICALLY asked Paul if it was OK SPECIFICALLY REGARDING DOREEN AND STEREO89 and here is what PAUL DAVEY SAID…

"You have my permission to use anything of mine that they modified but
    you'll have to contact them for anything original that they made."

anything that contains buuf artwork can not be called original - but rather a derivative. Derivatives may be redistributed as long as you give permission to ORIGINAL creator - mattahan [not to the creator of the last derivative nor to anyone else]

Now that being said - WE STILL HAVE NOT AND AT THIS TIME DO NOT INTEND TO EVER USE ANY OF YOUR NOR STEREO89'S ICONS!! even though we can and probably should for the sake of those that want them.

Now - with regards to the SINGLE message I sent out to sjbtax [who I didn't realize was ONLY a member of "your" forum - since he has posted and helped here many times too.]
    [contrary to what you say - I have NOT sent any other emails to ANYONE else regarding using their icons - other than many months ago to Stereo89]

here is the message I sent today to sjbtax … I think you will all agree that there is no intimidation nor threats involved… this is by the way, the only correspondence regarding this matter….

Hi sjbtax!....

As I'm sure you are aware: Paul Davey's/mattahan's Buuf artwork falls under the creative commons share-alike license. Meaning- no one needs to ask permission to modify and share Buuf artwork- including remodifying buuf artwork that was already modified by people other than mattahan. Meaning it is totally permissible to take stereo's or yours or mine or anyone's Buuf icons and make some changes and then repost them for everyone to share.*(Paul has even given me personal and very specific permission to do exactly this!)

However, even though we are allowed to, stereo has been obnoxious when other people have done this in the past. Therefore, and even though we are allowed to reuse stereo's buuf contributions: Gadezu and I have not used ANY artwork of his nor doreen's in anything we've ever posted for Buuf Infinity.

I am writing this to ask you if YOU mind if we include your icons with Buuf infinity (we will of course give you credit!)
    If yes - would you be so kind as to post your permission on the forum?

Thank you very much and keep up the creativity!!!!

Now for those interested PLEASE read the very simple license for buuf as per Paul Davey…

EDIT: Correct links:

Quote from mattahan from here: http://mattahan.deviantart.com/art/Buuf-37966044

"Buuf is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. That means you don't have to ask permission to make non-commercial derivatives!. Just make sure you give me credit."
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

You are free:
    • to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
    • to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:
    • Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
    • Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.

Doreen - do you not understand that creative commons works such as Buuf - HAVE SPECIAL RULES THAT PERMIT US ALL TO REUSE THE WORKS THAT WE ALL MAKE!!! why is that so hard for you to understand [again - we have not used your nor stereo's work - but mainly because you are both rude and just don't "get it" when it comes to Open Source rules. You both refuse to understand that buuf is not like many other creative works - of course you can not take most other creative works and rework them and repost them under normal circumstances BUT BUUF FALLS UNDER A SPECIAL LICENSE AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE ALL HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE DOREEN!!! YOUR THEME AND OURS WOULD NEVER EXIST OTHERWISE!!!!

Oh and Doreen- *by the way... I don't care if you continue posting "my" icons on "your" thread -- I don't even care if you don't give me credit (as I just explained you're not required to and for some reason you seem to have some sort of gripe against me anyway)
    But please stop giving credit to stereo89 for icons that he didn't "make" but rather I did. Thanks. (like the French/English dictionary icon you posted recently)
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-04-30 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks

I do not agree with some people who dare Doreen said that only think about making money with its theme.
    I say she has created something which took time and effort (not a copy paste).
    I find it normal to make a donation for it. If you think life is all free, you still have a lot to learn.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

I do not agree with some people who dare Doreen said that only think about making money with its theme.
    I say she has created something which took time and effort (not a copy paste).
    I find it normal to make a donation for it. If you think life is all free, you still have a lot to learn.
    No one is saying Doreen hasn't worked super hard! She is very talented and this theme is excellent. No she didn't just "copy and paste" (and neither did we by the way!!!)

This is not the point.... Buuf is for non commercial use only. Sure she can ASK for a donation but to REQUIRE it is different. I'm not saying that her efforts and talent and dedication do not deserve donation... I'm simply saying that payment should not be required because of the particular, specially licensed artwork (Buuf) which is included in this theme.

Thanks

You need a license to understand that creation and duplication does not mean the same thing?
    My education taught me that if you want to receive, you must give ...
    Last edited by Scarch; 2011-04-30 at 09:42 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-05-01)

Page 286 of 492 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast