Page 250 of 492 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Thanks

You are AMAZING!! I didn't think of that. Doing it NOW!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

I meant to say create two more trans icons one for Calendar and one for Clock and drag the Calendar ontop of the Date and the Clock one you drag ontop of the Clock Digits so that you can launch your Calendar from tapping on the Date on the Flip clock and then when you tap on the Flip Clock's Number Digits you can set an alarm quickly...

(still half asleep)

Magic dude I've got something decent I will be releasing soon so don't go doing any disappearing acts (hopefully you don't go back on the road too soon)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-03-05 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Deleted, found my answer
    Last edited by tigermad; 2011-03-05 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigermad View Post
    Hello

Thanks you for these great icons.

Stereo, quite a few of your icons are coming out with a white background and others are not. Am I doing something wrong when I download since I don't need the white background?

Thanks

Thanks
    Stereo does not make the icon w/ a white background. hehe!

This has been mentioned about 50 times atleast in this very thread not to mention it is clearly explained in our FAQ that is avail for download in the first post of this thread. But for those ppl that are exactly like me and hate to read but rather just dive right in. =)

To avoid having a white background behind the icons that Stereo is making for everyone you need to "right click" ontop of the icons and select "open in a new tab" or "open in a new window" once the icon opens up in a new tab or window "then you save it to your desktop"

Doing it this way is the only way to avoid the white background behind all the transparent icons that Stereo is making for everyone okay...

Thanks

I will be around all week long. Then I hit the road a bit. Can't wait to see your new trick....
    By the way love the idea of the clock and calendar on home screen too!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronniemac For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-03-05)

Thanks

I was trying to make a small alarm clock icon for you that way you don't need the trans one for the clock but I realized I would have to remove the floating icon shadow and I've designed the shadow a certain way to float the icons. Hold on I'll post it for you anyway...

Notice the shadow under the alarm icon? I'm not willing to give up the way I've got that shadow to make the icons float as seen in the second screenshot. But you might so here you go...

Just make two copies of that little icon I posted into your Icons folder (one titled Clock.png and the other copy title [email protected]) and then position it like I have in the ss, then when you tap on the alarm icon you can easily access your default Clock app to set quick alarms or just access your Clock etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniemac View Post
    I will be around all week long. Then I hit the road a bit. Can't wait to see your new trick....
    By the way love the idea of the clock and calendar on home screen too!!
    My new trick I am currently working on and I thinkkkk you will like it magic dude. =)

And good luck w/ your show when you hit the road again...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-03-05 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,

I haven't checked in on this thread in a considerable while, but I was just wondering what the relationship between the Buff infinity thread and this one is? Are the two projects entirely separate?

Thanks

They are separate projects if you read this thread you would see that those two guys both originally started right "here in this thread" and used our work and then got extremelyyy upset that me and stereo would not allow them to "take our work" and release it under "their names" w/ them trying to simply toss a link back to us giving us some credit for what was originally all our work not theirs. All is documented in this thread of them both stirring things up for pages and pages until they finally got the message to go make their own Buuf theme which they finallyyyy did so they both got upset and decided to start that other thread to try to split the buuf community up not create one. I think it is very sad but whatever to each his own?

But what is also very hurtful is whitebelt (or Buuf Community which is his undercover name now) had been living in my mailbox acting as a friend and happy user of my work asking me for information and help on all my hard work in regards to my animated weather flip clock only to try to pull the rug out from me and all the work I've put into mine. So I've decided to not update my flip clock anymore now. I want to keep it as it is so as not to be confused w/ whatever they are attempting to do now since they keep putting emphasis on "their" animated Buuf weather Flip Clock now. And I dislike the conflict so I'm stopping further work on mine...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-03-05 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

hazel.24 (2011-03-06)

Sorry Doreen, I haven't been reading this thread since about page 100. I was just a bit confused to see another Buuf thread pop up. That sounds like a real shame, I remember the community on this thread being very cohesive and happy to help.

I will certainly not be donating to them in that case!

It seems that the modmyi theming boards are getting progressively more cutthroat at the moment, which is really a pity.

In an on topic question, do you( (or anyone else) think that it will ever become possible to generically autotheme Buuf icons, with say a cartoon mask or something? I know that the effect would be in no way as good as what Stereo is able to actually draw, but the one thing that drew me away from the them was how ugly non themed appstore apps looked in comparison, especially with the rounded corners etc taken away ...

Thanks

Thank you Cpfoxhunt (and I don't want anyone to hate anyone) I just feel very upset at what feels to be an attack at what we've worked so hard to create first...

I will be contacting Stereo this weekend about the automask since I'm working on several other things this weekend for this theme and I think he will come up w/ something very unique also if you have any ideas of what you specifically want try to illustrate or explain it for Stereo so he can have some kind of idea about what you want okay.

@stereo

can you change the bg colour for the ninjump to blue? like this one:

& 3 more:
    Hot pursuit

can you make it as closely as the icon? with the words on it? sorry to be so troublesome

Flight Deck
    Cover orange

and can you help me with this? i have 2 cut the rope apps. one is the full version and one is the christmas version but they are both named cut the rope in the phone. how do i name the icon so that i can change them to the buff ones?

thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ninja-jump1.png  
    Last edited by skinnyshamaine; 2011-03-05 at 09:20 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to skinnyshamaine For This Useful Post:

Dara (2011-03-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyshamaine View Post

and can you help me with this? i have 2 cut the rope apps. one is the full version and one is the christmas version but they are both named cut the rope in the phone. how do i name the icon so that i can change them to the buff ones?

thanks!
    Hate when that happens but it's inevitable when there are so manyyy apps. hehe

Just toss one "themed icon" into the actual default directory of one of the apps that is named the same. The directory for the 3rd party apps is located here:

/var/mobile/Applications

If you use iFunBox you will see the apps names very clearly however if you use WinSCP it's difficult you will need to open up the folders individually since apple likes to hide their stuffezzzz really good so the folders are named something like this:

/var/mobile/Applications/5A52823D-A0F8-46A4-A570-2FC06AFE774E

go inside and there is where the actual app folder is hidden such as this okay:

/var/mobile/Applications/5A52823D-A0F8-46A4-A570-2FC06AFE774E/WildWest.app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

skinnyshamaine (2011-03-05)

ok so im in the folders. one is cuttherope.app and the other is cuttheropegift.app

where do i put the icons? i dont understand the part where i put the themed icon in the default directory. default meaning: buuf hd II/icons ? the 3rd party folder has like 5 png files named icon. so im quite lost.

Thanks

You're going to only place one themed icon into the actual default directory of one of the apps that happen to have the same named icon such as:

[email protected]

Then for the other one that your are having issues w/ since the name of the app is the same you toss two icons into the Icons folder that is in your main theme folder of winterboard such as:

cuttherope.png and [email protected]

Yet another alternative is to create a bundle for one of the applications that has the same name and toss the themed icon in the bundle

Then for the other one you theme the icon through the other route which is the Icons folder in the main theme folder in winterboard. When there is conflict such as this you need to treat each app separately to theme the icons individually one way or the other. (there is no way around it)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone helenkeleronyay's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone know where I can find the transparent icons?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helenkeleronyay View Post
    does anyone know where I can find the transparent icons?
    Here you go, Calendar, Clock and Weather just toss the transparent ones you want on top of the Flip Clock either over the Clock's Digits or Date or Weather icon.

Toss into your Icons folder in your main theme folder in winterboard and be sure to "turn off" the appropriate bundles you want to over ride...
    Attached Files Attached Files

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

helenkeleronyay (2011-03-05)

Thanks

I like the icon. Thank you!! I hope the new trick will work with 4.1 cause I never upgraded higher. Cant wait!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ronniemac For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    You're going to only place one themed icon into the actual default directory of one of the apps that happen to have the same named icon such as:

[email protected]

Then for the other one that your are having issues w/ since the name of the app is the same you toss two icons into the Icons folder that is in your main theme folder of winterboard such as:

cuttherope.png and [email protected]

Yet another alternative is to create a bundle for one of the applications that has the same name and toss the themed icon in the bundle

Then for the other one you theme the icon through the other route which is the Icons folder in the main theme folder in winterboard. When there is conflict such as this you need to treat each app separately to theme the icons individually one way or the other. (there is no way around it)
    so i've tried to put it in the default directory which is i think in the xxxxxxxxxx folder in the var/mobile/applications. it did not work. the first time i named the png file to [email protected] the file disappeared and when i tried to do it again it said that i already have that file but i cant seem to locate it. then i tried to put it in the cuttheropegift.app folder where all the icons are but also failed.

then i deleted the icon.png and replaced it with the themed icon but when i respring there was a black background out of nowhere. so i decided to create a bundle: com.chillingo.cuttheropexmas and have the png file as [email protected] but still failed!

damn i have no more ideas.

Thanks

You should not have any probs doing it this way. I've got two diff 3rd party apps I ran into this same issue w/ and that is how I resolved it. The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure you are naming the icon correctly in the 3rd party app's directory. Some are alill tricky and icon.png, [email protected], TheNameOfTheApp.png, [email protected] etc etc.

Specially for the apps that the devs have not yet updated their apps for the Retina display yet their icons are not titled w/ the @2x.png extension for the Retina Display though they still run on the iP4 okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniemac View Post
    I like the icon. Thank you!! I hope the new trick will work with 4.1 cause I never upgraded higher. Cant wait!!
    Oh don't worry it will work across the board and on all devices okay... =)

I will be working on this all weekend and it will be released sometime before Monday (I have to since I won't have time to play too much during next week so I have to cram all my playtime into "this" weekend)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-03-05 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I can't wait to see what's up!

Page 250 of 492 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast