Page 222 of 492 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

@doreen i dont know if you heard but green poison was released for 4.2.1 which is a untethered jailbreak for all devices..just thought id let you since i read you had a tethered jailbreak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjsantos For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-02-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samhfoley View Post
    ANyone else had a problem getting the wallpapers to switch automatically according to time of day/weather? I followed the readme texts. All have the same weather code and the same time interval (time interval was left unchanged from how I downloaded them). My Winterboard is ordered like this...
    1 Buff WFC Animation
    2 Buff Flip Clock
    3 Buff WFC
    Stefanos Buff Keyboard
    Stereos Buff Calculator
    Buff 4 HD

Anything wrong there? What gives? Please help. Thanks

now I can see that the wallpaper being used throughout is called dunno.png Probably an indication that something is amiss......
    I'm pretty sure we've resolved all those issues you posted here by private emails today but that last one regarding Lockinfo as I've said multiple times over and over again I have given out several Free updates for my theme to accommodate those ppl that have LockInfo but I am stopping w/ the days and days and days of answering how do I use LockInfo questions by private emails day and night.

I will however try to respond "here" when time permits to help everyone in one shot. I'm sorry, but it is simply impossible to help everyone individually by private email around the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjsantos View Post
    @doreen i dont know if you heard but green poison was released for 4.2.1 which is a untethered jailbreak for all devices..just thought id let you since i read you had a tethered jailbreak
    Say what!?
    /me gives mrj a great big hug! Nope I have not had time to read around much lately and I REALLY need that! "Thank you!" (I will go grab that tonight)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-02-10 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

@Doreen, my brother recently bought a 3GS which came with 4.2.1 and I've been converting the Buuf theme to run correctly on it because im still using 4.1.. I've pretty much got everything working with the exception of 3 things 1 is the icon shadows in the multitasking bar 2 are the icons for SMS and notes in the settings app and 3 which really isn't a big issue considering it's not even my phone but the square icon shadow image that pops up on an icon when an app is pressed any help would be greatly appreciated and in uploading screen shots

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pasturepony View Post
    Hi all!! Thanks for keeping BUUF alive!!

I've updated the FAQ...it's long & messy but I think it beats going through all 295 pages of this thread now!. Again, the FAQ may not be accurate, I merely used cut and paste from the answers folks provided on this forum. Please let me know if I need to make any changes!!!

ps-
    Sorry it took so long...I upgraded to 4.2.1 awhile back and only just yesterday re-jb'd my phone.
    I'm struggling with 4.2.1 and the themes so if someone has this theme fixed for 4.2.1 please post it!! Edit-figured out a couople of my probs but still can't get the darn dark shadows off of the docked icons even after doing the "bundles". PLEASE post what you have or maybe we can talk Doreen into posting a second 4.2.1 version from her own trials!! Thanks!!!
    pasturepony I cannot thank you enough for doing this, I will update your original FAQ on the first post of this thread this Sunday and I will make a very serious attempt to update the Free theme to accommodate 4.2.1 w/ all the dreaded fixes I posted the fixes for those dock shadows a few days back okay. If you can't find it let me know okay.

Thanks again to all you guys who have been so supportive to me and also to one another! I appreciate seeing everyone trying to help each other w/ all these dirty little tricks apple keeps pulling on us to keep us from enjoying our phones the way we want to rather than the way they want us to!

Quote Originally Posted by mrjsantos View Post
    @Doreen, my brother recently bought a 3GS which came with 4.2.1 and I've been converting the Buuf theme to run correctly on it because im still using 4.1.. I've pretty much got everything working with the exception of 3 things 1 is the icon shadows in the multitasking bar 2 are the icons for SMS and notes in the settings app and 3 which really isn't a big issue considering it's not even my phone but the square icon shadow image that pops up on an icon when an app is pressed any help would be greatly appreciated and in uploading screen shots

Hold on a min. Let me go find those files again...

mrj I don't have my phone plugged in right now to browse around but I do believe these were a few fixes that I was able to resolve. the multi-task icon shadows, the reflection on the Dock and the Dock icon shadows

Directory:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Backup default images and upzip the attached files and place them in the above directory. I will find the icon highlight issue and sms icon Sunday

For settings I think you just toss those icons example SMS = [email protected] and Notes = [email protected] (rename w/ the ext @2x.png) into: Themes/Buuf 4 HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences

That dreaded highlight that appears when you tap on the icon I will hunt down on Sunday it must be in the Springboard but I've just not had time for much lately.

Goodnight... (see you guys Sunday) =)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-02-10 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

mrjsantos (2011-02-10), pasturepony (2011-02-10), Scarch (2011-02-10), SeptemberC (2011-02-10), Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

i made this "height" icon
    just wanna share
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -height.png  

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrQfish For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-02-10), Scarch (2011-02-10), SeptemberC (2011-02-10)

Ugh! So I just noticed this yesterday after manipulating my themes...anyone else run across this and a "fix"

iAd is now running every few minutes on my status bar!!! WTF?? This stinks! So not only do we have to pay bank for the phone, then monthly for the plan, now we have to watch ads on our homescreen??????

This was not happening while I was on 4.2.1 for a month w/o the jailbreak. Did I download something in one of the themes or cydia packages??????

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    pasturepony I cannot thank you enough for doing this, I will update your original FAQ on the first post of this thread this Sunday and I will make a very serious attempt to update the Free theme to accommodate 4.2.1 w/ all the dreaded fixes I posted the fixes for those dock shadows a few days back okay. If you can't find it let me know okay.

Thanks again to all you guys who have been so supportive to me and also to one another! I appreciate seeing everyone trying to help each other w/ all these dirty little tricks apple keeps pulling on us to keep us from enjoying our phones the way we want to rather than the way they want us to!

Hold on a min. Let me go find those files again...

mrj I don't have my phone plugged in right now to browse around but I do believe these were a few fixes that I was able to resolve. the multi-task icon shadows, the reflection on the Dock and the Dock icon shadows

Directory:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Backup default images and upzip the attached files and place them in the above directory. I will find the icon highlight issue and sms icon Sunday

For settings I think you just toss those icons example SMS = [email protected] and Notes = [email protected] (rename w/ the ext @2x.png) into: Themes/Buuf 4 HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences

That dreaded highlight that appears when you tap on the icon I will hunt down on Sunday it must be in the Springboard but I've just not had time for much lately.

Goodnight... (see you guys Sunday) =)
    Thanks Doreen!! I did try the zip file but it didn't work for me :-( I still have the shadows on my dock :-( I think it fixed the other two problems though. I've tried everything I can think of on the dock with no luck :-( I'll start hunting around through other forums to try to find a fix.

Thanks as always for your dedicated help!!!! :-)
    Last edited by pasturepony; 2011-02-10 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pasturepony For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-02-11)

Quote Originally Posted by invaderjason View Post
    Scarch, thanks! It worked, but I have the one without the transparent background. I'll download the file you attached and redo it when I get home. Unfortunately the one I have looks like Gravius and doesn't fit. I'll try again tonight!
    Hi just for curiosity I've tried using the second icon posted by stero here and it fits perfectly with all the icons:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post5801721

hope you find it useful!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gravius For This Useful Post:

Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

Default Dock icon shadow fix
    OK, figured it out! I took one of Doreen's transparent files in the 4.2.1 fix and renamed it these six...don't know what combo worked, just that it worked:

WallpaperIconDockShadow.png
    [email protected]~iphone.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadow~iphone.png
    WallpaperIconShadow.png
    [email protected]~iphone.png
    WallpaperIconShadow~iphone.png

Then I placed them in my topmost theme in the
    xxx.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder and rewrote whatever was previously there if any. Apparently they changed the naming convention. :-)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasturepony For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-02-11), Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

ajerazzor (2011-02-11), Dara (2011-02-11), Doreen (2011-02-11), Scarch (2011-02-11)

Guys I've found on internet these icons for the battery in charge on the lockscreen. I think they belong to the buuf theme for the iphone 3g/3gs.
    Stereo told me how to resize them (yeah I'm very noob ) and here they are for you compatible for the iphone 4
    They have to be put in the folder: var/stash/theme/yourtheme.theme/bundle/com.apple.springboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -batterybg_17-2x.png   -batterybg_1-2x.png   -batterybg_4-2x.png   -batterybg_10-2x.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Cheers Stereo!

Alright, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with my LockInfo? My icons keep reverting back to the first page where I want no icons, but just the weather and flipclock ani. Can someone tell me what settings I need to change to make that happen without errors? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Doreen's flip clock on lockscreen
    hi guys all the stuff with Doreens theme looks like it is on the Home Screen - does it work on the lock screen (and the InfoShade screen) with lockinfo?

Does anyone know if you can get weather on iphone from another source (I'm from Australia and our beuro of meteorology has a very accurate source I can get from other weather apps....)

Thanks

Icon requests for stereo
    gravity guy
    stick skater
    poker odds
    Also anything involving cards, chips or dice would be super cool.Thanks! Love all your work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -gg.png   -stick-skater.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pasturepony View Post
    Ugh! So I just noticed this yesterday after manipulating my themes...anyone else run across this and a "fix"

iAd is now running every few minutes on my status bar!!! WTF?? This stinks! So not only do we have to pay bank for the phone, then monthly for the plan, now we have to watch ads on our homescreen??????

This was not happening while I was on 4.2.1 for a month w/o the jailbreak. Did I download something in one of the themes or cydia packages??????

Thanks!

If you download and install "any free apps" either from iTunes or Cydia (even SBSettings has them running on the bottom) they automatically have those annoying ads running either on the top or bottom of the screen so all you need to do is make sure you completely "close" those free apps off completely cuz now if minimize them and they remain running in the multitask dock you will see ads playing on the top statusbar sometimes. Totallyyyy annoying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samhfoley View Post
    Alright, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with my LockInfo? My icons keep reverting back to the first page where I want no icons, but just the weather and flipclock ani. Can someone tell me what settings I need to change to make that happen without errors? Thanks
    Use "only" my theme files that specifically say "Lockinfo" then make sure in Lockinfo you have Homescreen turned "on" and also "Existing First Page" turned "off" that way the clock will only appear on the first page and your icons will automatically be moved to your second page without the flip clock on all the other pages...

Quote Originally Posted by ajerazzor View Post
    hi guys all the stuff with Doreens theme looks like it is on the Home Screen - does it work on the lock screen (and the InfoShade screen) with lockinfo?

Does anyone know if you can get weather on iphone from another source (I'm from Australia and our beuro of meteorology has a very accurate source I can get from other weather apps....)
    Yes my Lockinfo theme will work for either the LS or HS or "Both" you just need to know how to use LOCKINFO since there are a ton of settings to customize the way my theme works and most ppl are not reading around enough about Lockinfo, and in response to your second question no I have my themes "only" designed specifically to feed off of Yahoo's weather source...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-02-11 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

ajerazzor (2011-02-11), manji1 (2011-02-11), samhfoley (2011-02-11), Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

Thanks

@pasturepony

Hello

About the popup "[email protected]" (page 7 of the new FAQ).
    I said that if you rename "[email protected]~iphone.png" instead of erasing it also work.
    I was wrong, as i calls it differently, the phone no longer recognizes the icon.
    It has nothing to do with "...~iphone" (sorry).

Thank you for the help and time you devote to the community BUUF, with this new FAQ.

Bye

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Stereo89 (2011-02-11)

@Stereo

can u plzz buuf this item 4 me

My iPhone is a Part of Me sjbtax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 646 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajerazzor View Post
    Hi ajerazzor,

Try looking over in the TimelessHD thread. I'm pretty sure there was a coder over there that was modifying other weather widgets to use different sources (Accuweather instead of Yahoo). They may be willing to assist.

Let me know how you go. As a fellow Aussie a more accurate weather source would be something I would be interested in as well once I get that far.
    Last edited by sjbtax; 2011-02-11 at 01:01 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjbtax View Post
    Hi ajerazzor,

Try looking over in the TimelessHD thread. I'm pretty sure there was a coder over there that was modifying other weather widgets to use different sources (Accuweather instead of Yahoo). They may be willing to assist.

Let me know how you go. As a fellow Aussie a more accurate weather source would be something I would be interested in as well once I get that far.
    Thanks Doreen has already said Yahoo is the go - is this what the lockinfo is using now? its close but not perfect

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajerazzor For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-02-13), sjbtax (2011-02-11)

Thanks Doreen, finally fixed it. Things are looking better and better each day. Anyone have the bundles all working and resized for 3GS (iOS4.1)? Most of my theme works great, but the keyboard, calculator, weather, timer and other parts won't convert to theme. My sms bubbles remain default colors and my transition screens don't always pop up.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to samhfoley For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-02-13)

Page 222 of 492 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast