Page 211 of 492 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

  1. #4201
    I hope I don't offend anyone by offering up my personal opinion on the matter but as a fan of buuf and of ALL the people who contribute to it's glory I feel compelled to comment on the ongoing issue. I am fully aware of the license under which buuf is associated and while I see some merit to the arguments of both sides I believe the real issue here is not whether people are abusing the privileges set forth in the creative commons license but the fair compensation for contributions made to the creative work it protects. the common disagreement here is that any contribution made to, and associated with the original work is subject to the terms of the license which states that any additions to or derivatives of the original work must also be offered under the same terms. And so, (finally) here is my point... Although contributors don't have the legal "right" to control associated work I do believe they have the right to be unhappy about its use. From what I can tell, nobody on this forum is attempting to prohibit the use of their contributions, they are merely expressing disapproval for how some people have chosen to use them. I wouldn't consider that a violation of the creative commons license, and considering the degree of some peoples contributions, I certainly wouldn't think it is too much to ask to respect their wishes regarding it's use. After all, the only thing achieved by offending someone on here is the assurance they will no longer contribute to the project we all love. When making a donation to contributors of buuf, I implore any of you to assume you are making the donation for the time put into the project rather than the end product you expect to receive. The last thing I wanted to say is that I truly admire Doreen for the way she handles this situation. Although she is no doubt frustrated this is even an issue she is always kind and respectful. It is my opinion that this is the only way to constructively argue. Afterall, the purpose of this forum is to attract creative minds in order to achieve common goals. Again, just my humble opinion

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarg3203 For This Useful Post:

    Doreen (2011-01-28)

  3. #4202
    Theme Creator Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    2,843
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarg3203 View Post
    I hope I don't offend anyone by offering up my personal opinion on the matter but as a fan of buuf and of ALL the people who contribute to it's glory I feel compelled to comment on the ongoing issue. I am fully aware of the license under which buuf is associated and while I see some merit to the arguments of both sides I believe the real issue here is not whether people are abusing the privileges set forth in the creative commons license but the fair compensation for contributions made to the creative work it protects. the common disagreement here is that any contribution made to, and associated with the original work is subject to the terms of the license which states that any additions to or derivatives of the original work must also be offered under the same terms. And so, (finally) here is my point... Although contributors don't have the legal "right" to control associated work I do believe they have the right to be unhappy about its use. From what I can tell, nobody on this forum is attempting to prohibit the use of their contributions, they are merely expressing disapproval for how some people have chosen to use them. I wouldn't consider that a violation of the creative commons license, and considering the degree of some peoples contributions, I certainly wouldn't think it is too much to ask to respect their wishes regarding it's use. After all, the only thing achieved by offending someone on here is the assurance they will no longer contribute to the project we all love. When making a donation to contributors of buuf, I implore any of you to assume you are making the donation for the time put into the project rather than the end product you expect to receive. The last thing I wanted to say is that I truly admire Doreen for the way she handles this situation. Although she is no doubt frustrated this is even an issue she is always kind and respectful. It is my opinion that this is the only way to constructively argue. Afterall, the purpose of this forum is to attract creative minds in order to achieve common goals. Again, just my humble opinion
    Sarg what a humble opinion. And I "Sincerely" thank you for your that comment. (Sincerely)

    And I am fully aware and appreciate and respect "everyones" opinion (even whites) but I don't appreciate ppl shoving their opinion down my throat until I completely choke to death! (that's all)

    But sarg thank "you" that somebody truly understands the "real" issue here...

    Quote Originally Posted by sabankuru View Post
    a little question /request: can anyone make a noartplaceholder in buufstyle?
    I'll give it a shot tonight! I think that is gadezu's theme? So I will try to make it grey? Or how did you want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarch View Post
    Hello Doreen

    Now you're in 4.2 , is that all your UI work?
    In the first image, the background should not be brown?
    In the second picture is the frame Brown might address broader and wrapped the black line that you see above?
    Should we change the name of some file? (IOS 4.1 for me)
    I hope you understand me.

    Thanks for your help

    Grazie
    Ciao
    Hello Scarch I understand you just fine, Yes Stereo and I actually made the Brown GUI when I was on 4.0 and now I am on 4.2 so I am still poking around all those images to see what has changed. To my surprise not too much! =)

    I will be posting the changes to help ppl theme their 4.2 OS not just for Buuf but for any theme they may be having trouble with okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmoore208 View Post
    @ everyone hey all .... Hi Doreen been gone awhile because of the BS on this thread due to talentless haters of yours and stereos great work... Plus I had my phone stolen by someone who needed it more than I did, I guess.... So now I'm starting with your theme from scratch... Is it possible to get everything back? Lol let me know and of course I will be happy to donate for the new stuff. Thank you much... Let me know what you can do
    I'm so sorry robert (I don't have any control over that stuff) but I am sooo happy you came back to Buuf! Check your mail.

    And my sister says the same thing everytime someone rips her off she says "I suppose they needed it more than me" (if you knew how crazy my sister was you would be shocked to hear her say that and not kill them first! But she says the same thing like you) hehe!

    Quote Originally Posted by obiwankod View Post
    Wow, alot of drama in the Buuf4 community

    I had a few questions Doreen, you made this theme so i think you would have a good understanding of what i'm about to ask.

    I have an iPhone which is jailbroken on 4.2.1, how do i go about theming an icon?

    I heard it's much more simple to do from the previous iOS4.0.1

    Keep up the good work, and make peace not war
    I apologize again and I am sorry about the drama obiwankod.

    Okay yesssss good news on 4.2 theming icons is a snap!!! Only issue I have is not being able to reboot my phone without being teethered. This is how you do it!

    1. Create a folder inside your theme directory "Icons" (it's case sensitive so cap that "I" in Icons or your icons wont theme over that simple error ppl make alot)

    2. Toss two of the "same" 128X128 icons into the "Icons" folder: One icon.png and [email protected] example:

    1. Dictionary.png
    2. [email protected]

    3. Respring! no more bundles Hooray!!!


    Like I said I'm still poking around all the directories and images and I see only small things need to be tweaked for the shadows issues such as some extensions need to be renamed example: [email protected] to [email protected]~iphone.png (but not too painful to jump on 4.2 specially since some apps in iTunes won't run w/o you updating your phone now)

    Quote Originally Posted by ronniemac View Post
    Hey Doreen...silly question. Why can't these weather updates run on GPS? I have a friend who has one of the dreaded Droids and that thing updates weather wherever you are at. We always have to set a location. Can it be done? Never seen it done. Just wondering.
    Hello Mr. Magic

    I know everyone would love it to work on GPS but that I am aware of nobody has done that "yet" there is only one person that I personally know that would be able to accomplish that kind of scripting/coding and it would be "Storyr" look him up in this forum and hit him up to see if he would accommodate he is very approachable and wonderful or he possibly has coded a GPS version by now that I may not have spotted. (I've not spoken to him via email for a couple of months now so I'm not sure what he is up to atm)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-29 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

    obiwankod (2011-01-30), Scarch (2011-01-28)

  5. #4203

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabankuru For This Useful Post:

    Doreen (2011-01-28), Scarch (2011-01-28)

  7. #4204
    Theme Creator Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    2,843
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Hey that looks totally cool! =)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

    sabankuru (2011-01-28)

  9. #4205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 46 Times in 44 Posts

    Soooo....no idea on GPS weather?.....

  10. #4206
    Theme Creator Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    2,843
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Nah I believe it would require being coded in a way that is hooked into the default OS to pull from GPS (which would basically be an application written w/ the SDK not sure) and the only person I personally know that actually writes applications is Storyr. But I will keep my eyes open to see if anyone else has accomplished a GPS version of any of the weather widgets okay.

    I do know for sures there are several iTunes weather apps w/ GPS versions (of course) hehe

    But no not any that I know of that run on the LS or Springboard of Jailbroken iPhones unfortunately "yet"
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-29 at 01:22 AM.

  11. #4207
    Hey everyone!!
    Im looking for these icons
    Gamefly,downloads,Terninal,
    Crunchyroll,browser,CNN and myspace
    I would love it if anyone can help me get these buuf icons :-)

    Thanks for posting the fios and yahoo apps dorEen :-)
    Last edited by Jj2345; 2011-01-29 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jj2345 For This Useful Post:

    Doreen (2011-01-29)

  13. #4208

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

    Dara (2011-01-30), Doreen (2011-01-30), It's Mi (2012-03-22), Jj2345 (2011-01-29), Maimoudaki (2011-01-29), Scarch (2011-01-30)

  15. #4209
    Thanks alot stereo89 !!! now my buuf theme will almost be complete
    Many many themes has come and been deleted from my phone but there's something special about buuf that makes me never wanna delete it...who knows
    Last edited by Jj2345; 2011-01-29 at 03:52 PM.

  16. #4210
    Theme Creator Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    2,843
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Many many themes has come and been deleted from my phone but there's something special about buuf that makes me never wanna delete it...who knows
    Ummm Paul is lives in Jamaica and over there I've heard they mess around w/ Voodoo. Therefore his Buuf icons could have some cool sexy spell on them? I don't know for sures but ppl keep saying the same thing they cannot seem to stop going back to buuf! hehe

    Whatever it is I believe his icons will be forever immortal...

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

    Jj2345 (2011-01-29)

  18. #4211
    Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Ummm Paul is lives in Jamaica and over there I've heard they mess around w/ Voodoo. Therefore his Buuf icons could have some cool sexy spell on them? I don't know for sures but ppl keep saying the same thing they cannot seem to stop going back to buuf! hehe

    Whatever it is I believe his icons will be forever immortal...
    You're scaring me doreen,lol

  19. #4212

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

    Dara (2011-01-30), Doreen (2011-01-30), It's Mi (2012-03-22), Jj2345 (2011-01-29), Maimoudaki (2011-01-29), Scarch (2011-01-30)

  21. #4213
    @Doreen why does it show up like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

  22. #4214
    @Doreen what's wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

  23. #4215
    Can some1 buuf this 4 me plzz


  24. #4216
    @ everyone - has anyone updated to 4.2.1 and put a theme on it? my brother just picked up a new iphone and its running that firmware and i put the theme i use on it and there are some images in the theme that arent working mainly the multitasking bar and the controls it has with it...any info would be greatly appreciated...thank you

  25. #4217
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 117 Times in 37 Posts

    Default Need some a lil help
    So I recently just learned how to ssh into my phone. Now i need a lil more help on how to change my icon and so forth. So if anyone can help please do. Thanks.

  26. #4218
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, Brixton
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Thanks Doreen, i decided to downgrade to 4.1 because theming is not as frustrating as 4.2.1.
    I don't think i will be running iOS4.1 and beyond until i own an iPhone5 to be honest.

    Stereo, it's been a long time! How have you been

    Just want to get the iPhone home button buufed please.
    Nice with extra buufeyness please. Thanks!


  27. #4219
    @obiwanked - what did you use to downgrade 4.2.1 to 4.1? Thank you

  28. #4220
    Theme Creator Doreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,691
    Thanks
    2,843
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Wait! wait! wait! I just got home you guys don't go panicking and running back to 4.1 jusss yet. I am on 4.2 and it really is not all that scary. Give me a few mins to get settled back home and I will help you guys...

    Alright now remember this is for 4.2 (I jumped from 4.0 to 4.2 so I'm unaware if the changes I've discovered will be the same fixes for 4.1 okay so keep that in mind)

    Also I dug into the iPhone's Directories and did some fixes there so "BACKUP YOUR DEFAULT IMAGES" if you follow what I post here. I did not take notes so I'm going to dig back in my Directories and pull some images for you guys and post them here that are small fixes so give me a few mins. (these were the only manual fixes I had to do the other fixes are already in our Free Buuf theme listed in the first post of this thread) I didn't have to change but only these (3) things listed below after I updated to 4.2 as all our prev fixes surprisingly still work...

    Directory: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

    [email protected] = Default Dock Image

    [email protected] = Default Reflection Image

    [email protected]~iphone.png = Default Icon Shadow Image
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-30 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (2012-03-22), mrjsantos (2011-01-30), Scarch (2011-01-30)

Page 211 of 492 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •