Page 210 of 492 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

@whitebelt, I'm with Doreen here 100% I donated to her for her great work! and she has been very helpful with updates, both her and Stereo have made a great theme! so why flame them? and to be honest your icons are pretty lame, do not compare with stereo's
    quality icons

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dawnrazr For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-27), Stereo89 (2011-01-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Thanks you guys (I appreciate that you two have come to my defense) I'm sorry about my response and comment I placed "here" in a public forum but "I" will defend myself against rediculous digs such as his was intended towards me and Stereo.

And white fyi in case you don't realize it if anyone is killing the Buuf community and the "free" work that me and Stereo were giving here of Buuf it is "you" and I am 99% certain it is not school that is the reason Stereo has stopped making "Free" icons for everyone but it is "you" that has killed it. (but I suspect that was your intention all along and you have chased him away)

Quote Originally Posted by gueriLLaPunK View Post
    I can't get my theme to look like the one in the first post (http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5...f4hdupdate.gif) and all I did was download the Buuf iPhone 4 HD Theme Files.zip, used iPhone Browser to transfer them to /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx and enabled it in Winterboard in Summerboard mode.

This is what mine looks like:

I tried and installed the BUUF4 "BabaBuufey" from Cydia and this is what it looks like on my phone. It's more complete, but still has missing things

The only instructions I found was in the README.txt that said "

As for the theme you simply select it via Winterboard and respring!"

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hello gueriLLaPunK

You're not missing anything just that it takes alilll more setup on the later OS for both Buuf themes (whether mine or Bababooey's) they both need alittle work. First off what OS are you running on your iPhone I recently updated to 4.2 and I can tell you there are a few changes from 4.0 to 4.1 and 4.2

So just let me know what OS you are using and I can see if I can help you with whatever theme you are using okay...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-27 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i made this keybord for personal use,
    just want to share:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -keyboard.png  

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrQfish For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-27), Stereo89 (2011-01-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

?!?!?!?!?

What?!?!?..Hey whitebelt, maybe i didn't understand but I don't like your words at all..

@everybody

Sorry, but I am very busy in these days...I have a loooot of exames!..I am student and i need to study sometime!!! But if you request me something I will try to help you..Now I post a new icon that -> Mattahan <- have made in these days..I hope that you will like (I like EVERY images, icons, portrait, etc etc that he makes!)..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -twitter1.png  
    http://news.deviantart.com/article/64492/ An interview to great Mattahan!!!The creator of Buuf!
    If You like my work, please donate via PayPal to [email protected]. Thank You

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-27), MrQfish (2011-01-27), rock75 (2011-01-27), Scarch (2011-01-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    ?!?!?!?!?

What?!?!?..Hey whitebelt, maybe i didn't understand but I don't like your words at all..

@everybody

Sorry, but I am very busy in these days...I have a loooot of exames!..I am student and i need to study sometime!!! But if you request me something I will try to help you..Now I post a new icon that -> Mattahan <- have made in these days..I hope that you will like (I like EVERY images, icons, portrait, etc etc that he makes!)..
    where did you found it ?!

Twitterriffic !

@ whitebelt - wow after all the time and effort Doreen and stereo have put into this thread, you have the nerve to bad mouth them behind a silly little fairytale, and charging money for what the theme is free here, now for the flip clock, Animations and the wallpaper themes, I can only imagine the countless hours and finicking with things to get it right, if I was Doreen I would make those 3 themes alone cost 10 dollars (which is so worth it to me) to anyone who wanted them but she doesn't even do that she takes
    a simple donation of whatever you choose to donate... Doreen and stereo please don't let this trouble maker phase you, he is obviously jealous of all the love you guys get from your followers and I would just like to add that you two are truly amazing how you help and cater to everyones needs Individualy...PRAiSE DOREEN AND STEREO - our iPhones wouldn't be as cool as they are today without them... Thank you for everything guys

"just my two cents"
    Last edited by mrjsantos; 2011-01-27 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrjsantos For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-27), SeptemberC (2011-01-31)

Hey I've been looking for a buuf icon for "yahoomessenger" and
    "fois remote" can someone please help me find them :-)
    Last edited by Jj2345; 2011-01-27 at 08:39 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys and gals

been awhile since i took a look at this theme. i can remember installing it last summer and it looks like it's only gotten better.

i went ahead and deleted my old theme and installed this new version via cydia.
    i downloaded the readme and followed the instructions.

however i'm having an issue with some of the items not working.
    the main concern is the top bar being all black and also when i go to my email or settings screen, there is also too much black and i can't click on all the icons. looks to be some things hidden in drop shadows or something.

see my screenshots for what i mean.
    i'm using an iphone 4 and i'm still on 4.01 because i can't go to a tethered jb right now.

let me know if you have any advice.
    thanks and great work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen1.png   -screen2.png   -screen3.png   -screen4.png  

@Doreen-

If you feel you need to earn money from your themes (and you certainly deserve it for your talents and contributions to the community over many years... Some of which I have closely followed) THEN YOU SHOULD UNFORTUNATELY CHOOSE A DIFFERENT ART SET THAN BUUF TO MAKE MONEY FROM!!! NOBODY HERE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THAT BUUF WAS ORIGINALLY OFFERED FOR FREE BY THE ORIGINAL ARTIST UNDER A VERY STRICT RULE TO KEEP IT FREE. SINCE THEN A VERY LARGE COMMUNITY OF THEMERS HAVE BUILT UPON IT BECAUSE OF THE FREEDOMS ASSOCIATED WITH IT- WAY BEFORE THIS THREAD AND THEME EXISTED - Even if mattahan allowed you to charge for buuf addons (which I doubt he is) it is unfair to the community of buuf which has for YEARS been entirely free (not just free as in "money"- but free as in "rights"... MEANING ANYONE CAN EVEN REPOST THE CHANGES AND ADDITIONS TO BUUF THAT ANYONE POSTS and this is ultimately the real reason why all of us are here whether we are aware of it or not (and the fact that you literally violently refuse to allow other people to build upon your Buuf derivatives and repost them is what gets me upset enough to post the embarrassing and nonsensical "fairytale" that I did)

By the way- I have a kid too - she's ten and I'm a single dad - it's financially very rough for me too (luckily in all other ways Sage is truly a godsend) -

I see your reasoning for charging and it sounds like a great cause - but part of the problem is that you started this thread as a community FREE forum and you have now switched gears. (which normally you are totally entitled to do- especially when your efforts are so stellar... But not with anything buuf - because buuf is totally free including all derivatives)
    Yes... you offer an (incomplete) free theme - the community has posted and offered many additions to complete it and upgrade it and everytime they do (bababooey and Gadezu for instance and also all of Stereo's icons are not integrated) you and stereo do not seem interested in taking votes on community opinions and incorporating these additions into the free theme (and other community efforts) [of course, none of which you HAVE to do - but if this was a community free buuf thread, you should]... and then after you force people to release separate buuf themes - YOU AND STEREO TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY STOLE FROM
    YOU!!! THE WHOLE POINT IS WE ARE BUILDING OFF OF MATTAHAN'S FREE WORK!!! IN FACT: YOU ARE THE ONE CHARGING MONEY FOR MATTAHAN'S AND THE COMMUNITY'S WORK...NOT THE PEOPLE YOU CLAIM ARE STEALING FROM YOU!!

This is clearly not a community free theme thread anymore-- which is fine - but you should clearly state to everyone that this is no longer a community thread.

You deserve to be paid for all of your efforts but you can't REQUIRE it when you include community BUUF contributions and artwork!!!! (if anyone is unclear about why, PLEASE read about the creative commons license associated with buuf from Paul Davey/mattahan... http://mattahan.deviantart.com/art/Buuf-Deuce-72080962 Look on the right by "license")

***You and or stereo should design and offer a paid weather theme and other themes that do not contain buuf! (I'm sure I'd buy and love them!!)***

I don't believe I've judged you in any personal way Doreen... And if I were to judge you, I would have only very positive things to say about you (but since I don't really know you I will reserve judgement) same goes for stereo. As you pointed out - I happily sent you $10. I also sent stereo89 €10. You guys have put in an awesome amount of great work on this thread. I do not regret sending you this $$ as I think should be proven by the comparatively large amount of money I sent, and the continued praise I give you guys. However I do hate that I was and that everyone is required to send you money in order to get your buuf weather themes and for a nice bundle of Stereo's publicly posted images. (however to be clear - you and stereo have done great work and deserve plenty of donations - which is why I happily sent you guys money - but not happy that I HAD to in order to get buuf related stuff).

I bet most people that donated to you and to stereo have not donated to mattahan. And that sucks. And you can help fix that. But you obviously have truly more important financial matters and concerns and so you should absolutely charge for your themes - but not for any buuf themes!!!

and if you insist on me or anyone starting a free community buuf thread I would hope it's not out of anger and I would hope you and stereo would even help support it (as bizarre as that sounds since it seems we are having a disagreement right now)-

I've already exchanged emails with mattahan, bababooey & Gadezu.... Mattahan gave me specific permission to help collect donations for him where 100% of the collections are to go to Paul Davey/mattahan for mattahan to create brand new buuf "boring" icons as Paul put it...Things like: new original buuf batteries, stock images for us to create AppStore icons from, etc. [The "Fun stuff"- he says he will continue to do anyway (mattahan just sent me 3 new buuf street fighter icons [ryu and sagat] if anyone wants them, just ask) [so to be clear: a special online collection box will be setup and only Paul Davey/mattahan will access it- 100% of the money will go to Paul for him to create new buuf icons - all money collected will be tracked publicly online - anonymously if people wish... people will vote on what is requested]]

For the record I never tried to scare anyone away- I am only interested in ensuring buuf continues beyond the iPhone and this thread - I feel it is our responsibility to do this. I don't think many people have contributed as much money and time, custom images, advice, and research recently into buuf and this thread as I have - if you consider that "hijacking" then I suppose that kinda proves my theory of how this is not truly a community effort towards a free theme anymore. And unfortunately I don't think many people here have looked into the history of buuf and the creative commons license.

I wish you the best of luck.

- Gregg
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-27 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks

Hello sandlog

There are several diff Buuf themes on Cydia but ours is not on Cydia and I'm not sure when I will have time to post it there so in the meantime you can get our Free Buuf theme from here: Buuf iPhone 4 HD Theme Files.zip

I don't know who's theme that is you have from cydia but there should be a contact email for the person to find out what is the problem okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Hey I've been looking for a buuf icon for "yahoomessenger" and
    "fois remote" can someone please help me find them :-)
    I seen Stereo popped in today! Hopefully he will try to accommodate you Jj but here are some that he posted for everyone in this thread (Sorry I suck at making icons! hehe So I just changed the color for fois)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -yahoo-.png   -fios.png  
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-27 at 11:18 PM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (2011-01-29), Scarch (2011-01-28), Stereo89 (2011-01-28)

Thanks

white I'm not trying to ignore you (nor be rude to you) but I'm tired and I've got 5 ppl asking me in my mailbox how to jailbreak their iPhones just so they can use the FREE Buuf iPhone themes everyone is making so trust me I help Buuf continue to live on everyday!

Have fun! =)

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    @Doreen-

I am only interested in ensuring buuf continues beyond the iPhone and this thread - I feel it is our responsibility to do this. I don't think many people have contributed as much money and time, custom images, advice, and research recently into buuf and this thread as I have
    I'm curious though about this comment you made? So you think "you" need to ensure Buuf continues? hehe

I hate to break this to you white but you have nothing to do w/ ensuring that Buuf continues. Paul's icons are good so good that they are immortal (and you've got nothing to do w/ that nor I for that matter his icons stand on their own two feet)

And for the other part of your comment where you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    I don't think many people have contributed as much money and time, custom images, advice, and research recently into buuf and this thread as I have
    You've got one reallyyyy reallyyyy big head and should read more outside this thread all over the net. Everyone loves Buuf so you're nothing special (we are all basically Buuf groupies and I'm a female so I could accommodate Paul alilll better than you. (if I were not reserved for someone else) =)

Stop trying so hard over here to get permission for the images we've worked so hard on to make our Buuf theme and go make "your own Buuf Theme" and lets see what you got?

Goodluck (and I mean that I'm not being sarcastic okay) =)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-28 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Stereo89 (2011-01-28)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

@whitebelt

Just the last answer to you because I am sure what I did..I did a sbsetting buuf theme for free, a lot of UIImages for free, about 1500 (!!!) icons (1500 only for iPhone 4 and I did about 1000 icons also for Buuf2) for free (that after were used by you and other ppl to make yours themes), i have helped every ppl that ask me something, I spent months (maybe one year) on this theme and for this community and i ALWAYS gave the credits to Mattahan for his images ( I bought a portrait from him and i also sent him a donation and these are very more of the donations that i received!)..so....Can i ask a donation for a calculator and a keyboard that i made spending a lot of hours on them??..I don't know what you are trying to do..but i don't like your words..when you will spend the hours that I spent for this theme maybe you will understand what i mean..I hope that you understand what i wrote or i will try to re-explain them to you..(AND...you have spent much hours on this theme?!?!?!??!I am working on Buuf from a looot of time..i don't think that you have spent the hours that i spent on this..)(AND 2...I ALWAYS said that the first credit will go and must go to Mattahan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..In fact I gave MY money to him!!!!!!)(AND 3..oh...I did all these things only for the community because i can't test or use them because I don't have an iPhone 4)
    Last edited by Stereo89; 2011-01-28 at 02:07 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-28), obiwankod (2011-01-30), Scarch (2011-01-29)

c everytime I stop bye here somebody all ways yawning first of all ppl need to get off mattanan nuts if he has not came on here an said something about how they are doing with his work leave the **** alone get the man balls out your month an on move the **** on that's y I stop coming on here an helping cuz ppl cuz it all ways somebody keeping some bull **** going just because bababooey had some **** about he was being treated so u it dont give u the right to come here an tell these ppl what they should be doing with there work an no body told ppl to come on her therad an help make **** go get yo own **** then u can ***** all day about what u don't like until then shut the **** up an get yo **** an move the **** on an this goes to anybody else feeling frogy this **** is not that damn serious ppl all ways get in Front of them damn computer screen an act brand new knowing you ain't that dude I all ways have to come on here an be a *** hole but it is what it is if u don't like it come holla at me I will tell you to where to find me but u better ask (ms.Doreen hi hunwho I am before you step this way now let's act like we have damn cents around here be4 they shut this **** down an dont have whete to come an chill an brain storm together yeah I don't make icons but I have helped a lot of ppl on here so I know what I'm talking about I'm try an come again in a while when ppl get yo head out yo asses cuz I don't have time for the bs an if u do have kids then go fight for yo kids instead of fighting for a mofo u only know thru emails what a joke deuces
    Last edited by Mdot80; 2011-01-28 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks

Hey it's my bodyguard!!! (Hello M) I'm happy to see you're still around here (and I hope things are going great for you) Thank you and I'm sorry about this thread, I don't start the drama here it just seems to follow me.
    I probably should not have responded to this last attack but I feel "everyone" should "not" be ignored (good, bad and ugly) and I have to stand up for myself cuz I'm tired of being kicked around (I am sorry about this stuff)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-28 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hey it's my bodyguard!!! (Hello M) I'm happy to see you're still around here (and I hope things are going great for you) Thank you and I'm sorry about this thread, I don't start the drama here it just seems to follow me.
    I probably should not have responded to this last attack but I feel "everyone" should "not" be ignored (good, bad and ugly) and I have to stand up for myself cuz I'm tired of being kicked around (I am sorry about this stuff)
    hi Hun but Don't you dare apologize for these few individuals that don't know how to act when they come with the house

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-28)

a little question /request: can anyone make a noartplaceholder in buufstyle?

Thanks

Hello Doreen

Now you're in 4.2 , is that all your UI work?
    In the first image, the background should not be brown?
    In the second picture is the frame Brown might address broader and wrapped the black line that you see above?
    Should we change the name of some file? (IOS 4.1 for me)
    I hope you understand me.

Thanks for your help

@Stereo

Welcome back, i hope you'll continue to help us.
    We need your creativity.

Grazie
    Ciao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0124.png   -img_0125.png  

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarch For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-28), Stereo89 (2011-01-29)

@ everyone hey all .... Hi Doreen been gone awhile because of the BS on this thread due to talentless haters of yours and stereos great work... Plus I had my phone stolen by someone who needed it more than I did, I guess.... So now I'm starting with your theme from scratch... Is it possible to get everything back? Lol let me know and of course I will be happy to donate for the new stuff. Thank you much... Let me know what you can do

28. The Following User Says Thank You to robertmoore208 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, alot of drama in the Buuf4 community

I had a few questions Doreen, you made this theme so i think you would have a good understanding of what i'm about to ask.

I have an iPhone which is jailbroken on 4.2.1, how do i go about theming an icon?

I heard it's much more simple to do from the previous iOS4.0.1

Keep up the good work, and make peace not war

30. The Following User Says Thank You to obiwankod For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Doreen...silly question. Why can't these weather updates run on GPS? I have a friend who has one of the dreaded Droids and that thing updates weather wherever you are at. We always have to set a location. Can it be done? Never seen it done. Just wondering.

Page 210 of 492 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast