Page 196 of 492 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

@RiSk... I believe you are incorrect... After an AppStore update, if apps for which you have custom icons in your Icons folder (or Bundles Folder) appear unthemed, simply disable and reenable your winterboard themes and respring. Can anyone confirm?

@risq we should do that for stereo but I heard AT&T don't sell iphone4 without contracts anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mdot80 View Post
    @risq we should do that for stereo but I heard AT&T don't sell iphone4 without contracts anymore
    Apple do though, don't they? Or is that simply an EU thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    @Doreen...Thank You! I'm eagerly looking forward to your opinion
    Hi White, Sorry for the delay again. I tried your theme on and yes it works flawlessly on 4.0 I had no issues or problems (looks great)

And for those that are waiting for me to update my weather theme walls I apologize for the delay again too (just been very busy w/ some personal stuff) but I plan on working on that tonight! If it takes me all night I want to have it completed by tomorrow for you guys okay? So expect that to be automatically sent out by tomorrow night (Cali time of course)

Thanks again for your patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Mdot80 View Post
    Yeah Mdot that is what I told Stereo I know AT&T won't let us buy our iPhones over here w/o signing those stupid contracts. Between the contracts and jailbreaks I cannot believe myself what I put up w/ for this iPhone (got to respect the iPhone when it forces you to do stupid things just to have it cuz it's so good)

Quote Originally Posted by RiSq View Post
    Apple do though, don't they? Or is that simply an EU thing?
    Nope the apple store won't let you out the door w/o a contract either.(they activate the iPhone for you right there in the store)
    RiSq that iPad is looking good! (I wish I had the time to jailbreak my iPad but nope I ain't going there cuz I know I do not have the time for that)

But great work...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-11 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

Scarch (2011-01-11), whitebelt (2011-01-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

does any one know if I uninstall or reinstall winterboard if that will delete all the themes folders? I am atoll trying to fix my "dock" problem...? I have just tried installing a brand new theme from cydia that had it's own dock and it is doing tbe same thing....
    so there for i must be getting some conflict with some app that I have installed or some how my winterboard is corrupt?
    any thoughts?

Thanks

rock what do you mean distorted? (post a pic so I can see what you mean) You do know that Winterboard does not support the HD images right so when you toss a dock made in the HD dimensions inside a theme folder in Winterboard it will display HUGE.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-01-11)

Thanks

@Doreen
    that must be it, what you said about not supporting hd... but I am confused because these are docks that worked before from bababooey's theme, and then stereo had made me one that looked like a stone fence that did the same thing... I had posted a couple pics about two pages back but I will post a new one

Thanks

here is what it looks like activated... and then the dock by itself...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg   -dock001.png  
    Last edited by rock75; 2011-01-11 at 06:43 AM.

myPhone... yourPhone... We all SCREAM for iPhone!!

Thanks

myPhone... yourPhone... We all SCREAM for iPhone!!

@rock...that dock still appears to be the same resolution as the dock included in bababooey's theme enabled on my phone....isn't the image you're working with still 320x91? And I don't think you're gonna like summerboard being turned off... Does placing one copy of that image (at 320x91) directly in the root of your theme folder and naming it Dock.png produce a huge dock with summerboard on? That is strange! Or are you resizing or placing it in apple.springboard in your screenshot where it's huge?

Edit-
    @rock... Actually I can confirm that using a high res dock does in fact work!!!*(I used 640x130 but 640x90 is stock)

Thanks rock! By the way- gadezu's buuf theme included it this way too!*

(so don't use Dock.png in the root of your theme anymore everyone- that's only low res! Instead use [email protected] and place it in com.apple.springboard -- I did not also need a SBDockBG.png file)
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-11 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-01-11)

Thanks

Until Winterboard gets updated for HD and since the Wallpaper too will not display in HD the best way I've found around the Dock and Wallpaper issue is to make "both" in HD (along w/ the Status Bar) that way you have full control over the height of the Dock as well as the size.

Paint the Status Bar and Dock on the HD wallpaper that you will be using and sync the Wallpaper over to your pictures folder via iTunes. Simply toss a "transparent" dock made at the "non" HD dimensions and place that into your Winterboard Theme.

Then go into your iPhone's settings/Wallpapers and select your wallpaper and apply it to your Homescreen. Doing it this way will completely ensure you have your Status Bar, Wallpaper and Dock "all" in High Definition and crisp and clear.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-01-11)

Thanks

@whitebelt
    thanks for confirming in my final post yhere where I got it to qork I did resize the original image to 640x180 to get it high res, so I will still need to have a new new image made that is the 640x180 instead of just resizing (hint hint... stereo )
    also, to answer your other question, no matter what I tried I canot get the dock to apear corectly with it in the root theme folder named "Dock.png" and sized at the non HD res 320x90

@Doreen
    yes your way does work very well but I am a bit OCD when it comes to changing stuff on my phone, hehe I want to be able to change on the fly and if my dock and status bar are painted on... well it gats a little more work to be changing stuff.. lol

by the way does anyone know what all the summer board switch affects??

Thanks

hehe rock (I'm the same way) but also doing it your way and turning "off" Summerboard within Winterboard, for most ppl then what happens is you get "Hey I applied your theme and now my Icons, Notification Badge, Popups etc are not working! What's up w/ your theme!?"

Turning off Summerboard will effect various things, and another thing to remember is "everyone" themes differently. No two ppl really theme the same way...

Lots and lots of numerous little tricks to work around Winterboard "but" when you think you've discovered a way around one issue it always seems to unfortunately effect or cause yet another issue. Let's just hope the God of Winterboard updates it someday.

Another little trick I discovered for myself is that if you go the route I explained up above (where you paint the HD Dock on the HD wall) you have more flexibility of controlling "where" exactly your icons lay on the Dock. By simply adjusting the height of the transparent "non HD" Dock. (important to keep the trans Dock.png in WB the dimensions of non HD okay)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2011-01-11 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-01-11)

Cheers Doreen for the comments.

Starting to make some progress now I have the shared.artwork files. I had to use Python to extract it, which I'd never used before. Ah the fun of it!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RiSq For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-12)

@doreen hey i havent been on here in a while but i see you updated the animated weather widget, i donated way back when this was first released was wondering if i can have the updated version please..thank you, my email is mrjsantos at sbcglobal.net........i remember you saying you made a list of all the people who donated so i should be on that list, again thank you

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjsantos For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-12)

Default sorry i might be changing the disscusion
    what are people using to add these themes to iphone 4 i,m using a Mac,,,
    somethhing like Cyberduck i'm haveing trouble with that one

thanks in advance Dean

@kelcel-
    I highly recommend iFile and safari download manager from Cydia... Then you can do it entirely from your iPhone! Here's a guide you may find helpful... [edited with a better link...]

http://tinyurl.com/4gu4xll

If you'd rather use your computer (which is not as easy as iFile), then you already have a great tool- Cyberduck on the Mac.... If you are having general trouble getting going with your iPhone & cyberduck, here is a link to a decent looking youtube video I just found for you...

YouTube - (Cyberduck) How To SSH / Transfer Files Between iPhone or iPod Touch and your Computer [MAC]

If you have a specific question after looking through some guides and videos like those, please ask here, and I'll (or someone will) try to help.

EDIT.... @Doreen... Please see my next post...
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-12 at 08:36 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-12)

Thanks for the reply i would rather do it from my mac the trouble i am having Cyberduck keeps kicking out my phone then i reinstall openssh hook it up and it starts again only for a min

any ideas thanks Dean

@kelcel... Did you go to settings:general:auto lock:never? (Wifi will stop when your iPhone goes to sleep) or install PreventSleep free from Cydia
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-12 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks i will try that now

that didnt work im going to try a diff version of cyberduck

can any one help me i got the weather screen from Doreen she has been a great help i did get my town to show up but not it still shows its daytime and its 7.30 at night im not sure it is changing and ideas there thanks
    Last edited by kelcel; 2011-01-12 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

29. The Following User Says Thank You to kelcel For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2011-01-12)

Page 196 of 492 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast