Page 195 of 492 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

check your email I hoped I helped

@Whitebelt i tryed it an anything worked out great a ez setup great work like I said before just wish there was a way to do a icon mask for Cydia apps but I know you can't
    Last edited by Mdot80; 2011-01-10 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

whitebelt (2011-01-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

hey guys was hoping some one could help... when I try to theme a dock it is all distorted? any ideas? I will post a pic...

Thanks

here is what it looks like...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

myPhone... yourPhone... We all SCREAM for iPhone!!

Thanks

this is what it should be looking like... any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

myPhone... yourPhone... We all SCREAM for iPhone!!

@rock-

I believe that dock is in bababooey's theme available in Cydia.... What are you trying to do with the dock exactly? Simply enable it? Or modify it in photoshop? You appear have an image with the wrong dimensions... Try copying the image out of bababooey's theme and into yours (or I think that dock is posted somewhere on this thread too) [does it work fine when if you enable bababooey's theme?]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

rock75 (2011-01-10)

Thanks

@whitebelt
    yes it Bababooey's dock.. I was just using this as an example... It does not matter what dock I enable or even if I run the theme alone... I have tried everything but it always gets distorted. Tried disabling all themes and just enabling the dock... Tried just running the original theme from Bababooey and nothing seems to work??

Hi Whiteblet, I'm going to test your mask on my iPad Buuf conversion later. Hopefully it will save a lot of work with Bundles. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Looked through most pages and can't find icons for the following.

Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Broken Sword, The Sun newspaper, Plants vs Zombies, Red Alert etc....

Can you help with these stereo?

Cheers
    Last edited by RiSq; 2011-01-10 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RiSq For This Useful Post:

whitebelt (2011-01-10)

@whitebelt is was annoying me so much i did a restore and now everything is working lool f**k knows why thanks for your help

13. The Following User Says Thank You to can7 For This Useful Post:

whitebelt (2011-01-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lovedliss's Avatar
    Thanks

@Stereo

Stereo, thank you for the previous icons, they look great! as always... here are another three icons I need.

eCards
    Shutterfly
    KAYAK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled1.jpg  
    Lissy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post

Doreen... I would love to get your feedback! [and I'd like to know if it works on iOS 4.0, which I believe you have]

@Stereo89... have you had a chance to take a look at Buuf ∞ Infinity? any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd really love to hear feedback from especially you two ... whenever you get a chance!
    Hi White, sorry for the delay, I had a very busy day yesterday w/ my family and got home rather late so I was unable to test it yesterday but I will test it today (and yes I am stillll on 4.0 and won't budge until something sexy forces me too!)

Stereo I believe might be tied up w/ school but I will try to contact him today. But he does not have an iPhone 4 to test anything (he is on a 3Gs the iPhones over there in Italy run about 1,000 unlike the cost in the States)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

whitebelt (2011-01-10)

@MDot80... thanks for testing out the prerelease... I'm glad it worked, and thanks for your compliments!

@can7... Wow, I'm glad you got it working! What do you think so far?

@Doreen...Thank You! I'm eagerly looking forward to your opinion

@RiSq & anyone else that wants to test out Buuf ∞ Infinity on the iPad...

Please try this new version [pr3]... let me know if this works and I'll update the other packs too.

pr3 also works on the iPhone 4 4.1 (if possible I'd like to maintain one version that I will try to keep compatible with all iPad, iPod and iPhone)

Anyone with iOS 4.2+ or an iPod Touch that wants to help out and test this??

New feature...
    prerelease 3 should now work on the small icons on the search page of your springboard.
    ... not looking great yet, until I add the border, but it IS masking the small icons on iphone 4 4.1 ... This should also work on the iPad [but remember - this only works for AppStore apps]

Thank you for testing!

Buuf Infinity ∞ Mask1 pr3 ∞∞Download Link∞∞
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-10 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

I have an iPod touch 3G running 4.1 I'm interested in testing this for you but I'm not 100% positive what I need to do?

Surely we could get a total together donations wise to get Stereo an iPhone 4? I know that it's possible to create targets on certain sites, and it updates what's required real-time so ONLY that much can be raised.

Someone like Doreen who he trusts etc could then get the donations, buy him an iPhone and get it sent to italy for him - mark it as a gift to avoid import costs.

I'm shocked no-one has done this for him before, considering how much he has done for everyone on this site, both BUUF4, BUUF2 etc.

Guy is a legend and between 300-400 or so people who have probably downloaded buuf, it would only be a 1 or 2 donation.....nothing really, you can't even get a coffee for that much here!

Whitebelt,

What size are the masks, as the iPhone 4 is 128x128 - I may need them to be smaller for the iPad, as I've had to convert the icons to 100x100 to get them to display on the iPad.....

UPDATE

Just tested, doesn't appear to be working which is odd. Disabled everything, no joy.
    Last edited by RiSq; 2011-01-10 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiSq For This Useful Post:

Dash David (2011-01-11), Mdot80 (2011-01-10)

@Junebug916 - Please see my post announcing Buuf ∞ Infinity a few pages back... Please try the download links and read me files I provided and let me know how I can help [and THANK YOU for helping ME!]

please also try the newer mask pr3 I posted today.

My understanding is that Buuf ∞ Infinity should currently work on the 4th gen retina display iPod Touch running 4.0, 4.1 and maybe not 4.2, right now with the same files that are used for iPhone 4. As far as your older 3rd gen NON retina display, I am not sure - If you are willing to help me out and tell me what you had to do to get other iPhone4 themes working I will be happy to include any files needed. THANKS AGAIN! [ps - what iOS are you running?]

@RiSq... I was trying to figure out how to view the original apple .png files on my iPhone and I was searching the web for answers. I stumbled upon a thread on MacThemes and I was surprised to see that you posted a question about this just yesterday [strange!] anyway..I think this may help you out... [and anyone else that wants to convert the stock apple images in your iDevice to standard .pngs] [my name on MacThemes is infinity]

PNGConverter - Kylinworks Interactive

[the other python script that was suggested by another poster on that thread, appears to convert ALL of your images on your ENTIRE hard drive [yikes] and I don't know how to change it... did you try that one?]

---------

@RiSq - did you try pr3?? [all by itself in winterboard perhaps? summerboard on etc]
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-10 at 08:49 PM.

Ok - I think I've worked out why it wasn't working for everyone who has tried it, and why the restore made it worked for the previous guy.

Chances are, at some point you've edited the files in system/privateframework/mobileicons so that the overlay name is changed or has a .bak extension (Otherwise buuf icons don't display correctly)

If that's the case, it doesn't work as it can't find the image that it is meant to override. Resetting mine from .bak to .png made buuf infinity work. In concept, it's a brilliant idea, but trying to implement it so it looks right will be difficult.

The only way to get around it would be custom bundles / icons for the stock apps, and Buuf infinity enabled for the app store apps.

I think the concept is great and it does look good on icons on logos with centered detailing. I've attached a screenshot of it on the iPad

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post

@RiSq... I was trying to figure out how to view the original apple .png files on my iPhone and I was searching the web for answers. I stumbled upon a thread on MacThemes and I was surprised to see that you posted a question about this just yesterday [strange!] anyway..I think this may help you out... [and anyone else that wants to convert the stock apple images in your iDevice to standard .pngs] [my name on MacThemes is infinity]

PNGConverter - Kylinworks Interactive

[the other python script that was suggested by another poster on that thread, appears to convert ALL of your images on your ENTIRE hard drive [yikes] and I don't know how to change it... did you try that one?]

---------
    Cheers for that mate, will be very helpful as there aren't any dumps of iPad 4.2.1 - I'm ripping my systems folder to my PC now.

As for infinity, as above I got it working
    Last edited by RiSq; 2011-01-10 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@whitebelt
    its looking cool i had loads of games icons i needed buufed but didnt wanna keep asking Stereo89 and now there sorted thnx

I have in fact thought of a way round it whitebelt, which you may want to include in your next release.....

Create 128x128 pastle coloured tiles. As most of stereo's buuf icons do not fill the whole "tile" and are transparent, people can therefore "Make their own. Simply open a imagining tool, paste the stereo icon onto one of the said "backgrounds" and then their stereo icons will match the Buuf infinity icons rather than have a black background.

If that doesn't make sense, I'll do a mock-up to show you what I mean.

So here's BUUF with Infinity enabled as well....as you can see, icons have a black background which makes them ugly. Look at the infinity blade icon for this demo

Just by going into a paint tool and filling the background, my infinity blade icon now matches my Buuf infinity icons....so you can use your pre-made icons by Stereo along side your auto-generated ones with infinity....therefore saving icon requests massively.
    Last edited by RiSq; 2011-01-10 at 09:38 PM.

@RiSk... Thank you for testing it out - and thank you for your feedback and compliments!...in order to get it to work on your iPad did you need to do anything other than rename your stock AppIconOverlay-72.png in order to re-enable it? (and is that all you needed to rename back?) I don't really understand why it wouldn't work with or without the stock overlay since I designed the overlay integrated into the mask, and read that the overlay file can in fact be deleted (I had not previously deleted my stock overlay - but I just tried it and it seems to works fine either way on my iPhone 4 4.1... Strange)

Which version(s) of Buuf ∞ Infinity were you testing? I released a version with (pr2) and a version without (pr1) a blank overlay file in order to address this type of issue. (and pr3 has the added iPad files along with the blank overlay for iPad - did you use this or port one of the other two versions?)

Unless you had actually renamed your original apple mask and shadow files as well? I imagine whatever you had done to your stock images is not that uncommon and I'd love more details. Thanks for your help!

as for your black borders on custom icons ... I don't think you read the included instructions [I know - I'm pretty wordy!]

to solve the "re-buufing issue", you need to move your custom icons into your Icons folder NOT your Bundles folder. [and please read the docs ]

[unless something different is happening on iPad, everyone should be able to use all of their custom icons and other themes along with Buuf ∞ Infinity... just be sure to move all of your custom appstore icons to the Icons folder and not the Bundles folder. When placed in your Icons folder they are named [email protected] [exactly as the app name appears on your homescreen. You also need to add a blank dummy file for each icon named nameoftheapp.png. This is a much easier way to add custom icons to your themes anyway vs finding bundle identifiers and icon names.] **RiSq please let me know if there are differences for iPad. [are they named nameoftheapp-72.png perhaps? I will research this now.]

I'm working on a buuf-square version of the auto-mask that may be better for some people and some icons.

I'm also working on layered .psd files and a help file to help people create their own custom buuf icons in Photoshop.

**And I'd love to include lots of already created custom icons if stereo will let me include some of the amazing work he's done! ...and please speak up if there is anyone else listening that has created any custom 128x128 buuf icons that they are willing to share with this community project... Buuf ∞ Infinity

@can7 ... I'm so glad you're enjoying Buuf ∞ Infinity !! - was it actually worth a restore?
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2011-01-10 at 10:18 PM.

The way to theme icons on the iPad correctly, they have to be in the bundles folder....it may work otherwise on the iPhone, but the only way of doing it and not losing them when you update apps on the iPad, IIRC is to do it with bundles - which is why I said what I did

Page 195 of 492 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast