Page 182 of 492 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

yeah it's jecked up I feel the worst cuz stereo my boy we talk off the thread every day I help gadezu with his q&a but I thought him an stereo had a understanding or I would of never had anything to do with that but my an stereo talked an he not mad at me but he is taking a break for awhile from the thread to cool out cuz he is hot an I would be too so everybody on there own for awhile so chill out with the request
    Last edited by Mdot80; 2010-12-30 at 11:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2010-12-31)

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

I can't say that I blame stereo I would do the same thing!! I hate it when people do stuff like this and mess it up for all the rest of us who abide by the rules!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Junebug916 For This Useful Post:

Mdot80 (2010-12-31)

I thought this thread was created to get everyone to contribute to a free buuf theme. The images have been posted here for free. The original artwork was offered for free with the understanding that there would be no commercial use. *In addition to this, Doreen has modified a free weather widget and is offering it for a donation. I downloaded gadezu's theme and I don't understand what the problem is. Isn't he using only images that have been posted here for free? *Looking through his readme he certainly seems to give credit to Stereo, Doreen, and bababooey. Gadezo is offering his theme for free and even states that if we want to donate we should donate to stereo, Doreen, and bababooey. *

I realize that many of the images stereo and Doreen have made available have taken a considerable amount of time and creativity. But in the spirit of the free software community I do not see that Gadezo has done anything wrong.*

Not to mention he has really put together a very nice and more complete buuf theme - isn't that the goal here?! *(instead of focusing on kinda unrelated paid weather themes and flip clocks from which I don't believe Gadezo has used any images)

I hate to get involved in what seems like a heated argument.*

I also want to say again that stereo89's work is and has been really amazing. As has doreen's!!

Some stuff you guys have offered for free from what was originally a free project and you guys have stated remains free. I personally see it as quite acceptable to redistribute for free a repackaged version of a free theme as long as credit is given to those that put work into it. This is what the creative commons license means and this is what improving a free COMMUNITY *project is all about.

Please don't think I don't REALLY appreciate Doreen and stereo (I donated more $$ to them than many have - and I will probably continue to do so)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

Doreen (2010-12-31), gadezu (2010-12-31), SeptemberC (2010-12-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

The issue is this...

When you come and ask for someone to make "you" images for free and that person takes the time, effort and work to make them their customized images w/ the assumption that those images he is making for them are solely for use on that person's personal device and then that person grabs not only those images but other images posted that were posted for free and then tosses up a website w/ a donation button for their theme?

Then it basically is a slap in Stereo's face since when he made the images for that person he made them not knowing he was working for someone that had intentions all along to turn around and release a theme w/ all his hardwork and accepts donation on their personal website???

That is a slap in his face. And only the person who is doing the work for free feels that slap the hardest. (I feel really bad for Stereo)
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-12-31 at 01:06 AM.

Last edited by gadezu; 2011-01-04 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gadezu View Post
    This is not a website. This is a readme made in html.
    I told them what u wrote in the q&a but I think it was a big understanding give it some time it will get better stereo is a good guy he knows how to for give an forget u will see

Did any body check out that iacces post I put up don't wait to long
    Last edited by Mdot80; 2010-12-31 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

tommydelonge89 (2010-12-31)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gadezu View Post
    This is not a website. This is a readme made in html.
    I'm sorry then because to me it looked like a website getting ready to be parked somewhere. hehe

Anyways I remember the first time I jumped on you a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen
    Yup you know exactly what you took from Stereo you can't just come to this thead and grab top bars buttons and all his GUI work that Stereo cooked up in PhotoShop from scratch (which is not mattahan's work either) but "Stereo's" very own work and recolor it and then toss your UI together and say you made it and then say "But what I take from you guys"

It's not mine but it is Stereo's hard work so I will call you on it. If you want to make "your own" GUI than make "Your own" GUI but don't just grab all his images and recolor them and then say you made a UI and then say what I take from you guys? The icons that are the original icons from mattahan are one thing but custom made icons and all the GUI belongs to Stereo okay?

This keeps happening over and over again...
    I think Stereo was unaware you were going to release a complete theme (that's basically mostly made of his images?) I think he thought you were only doing a settings theme at the time and was surprised to see most the theme you are calling your theme is basically his work? But this is something you should probably speak to him about as he "obviously" was upset and felt this was not released w/ proper permissions for all the images that were used.

And I'm sorry if it comes off harsh, it's just that it's not the first time he sees ppl coming to this thread and grabbing things and then simply taking them and tossing them into yet another theme but calling it their work and he actually is making the images in PhotoShop so they are not all mattahans work like most ppl assume.

Good night you guys...
    And gadezu please don't take things the wrong way if your intentions are good it's just frustrating for him and it makes him feel constantly used when he sees ppl taking his work and then calling it their work okay?

Try to talk to him (his email is listed to clear things up) I only come out w/ my baseball bat and beat up on ppl to protect him since he is Italian and doesn't speak English easily but I speak the lingo just fine on his behalf. hehe!
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-12-31 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

SeptemberC (2010-12-31)

Last edited by gadezu; 2011-01-04 at 04:06 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

@gadezu

Again....You don't say that you used only those images..i know very well my images and i can tell you for sure that you used more of those that you posted..if you want i can show you every images that i made and you used..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash David View Post
    If you are at all open to it, I would love to testdrive your iPad theme..... I hate not having one on my iPad. Thanks in advance!
    im open to it yes

but thingshave changed in here since i asked stereo for permisson

will see how things go in here as to wether the ipad theme comes off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mdot80 View Post
    Did any body check out that iacces post I put up don't wait to long
    a million thanx to u i, dis was wat i waiting for

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tommydelonge89 For This Useful Post:

Mdot80 (2010-12-31)

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    For who wants the icons packs just send me a private message with your mail address..

I'm sorry but i am returned today from holiday and i need to rest before to make the icons requests..
    I had pm u for the icons pack.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stereo89 For This Useful Post:

SeptemberC (2010-12-31)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lovedliss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mdot80 View Post
    guess what I got the hook up just go here an see it works cuz it works for me but after u install check your Cydia to see if it still works if it don't do what they say but mines was fine
    http://*************/topic/102463-k-iacces-48-repo/
    just puy this here xsellizedotcom where the *are
    @Mdot80

I don't understand what do I have to do here, could you please explain to me what do i need to do in details, I'm not very literate on this things...

@Stereo89 when you get time no rush could you do these icons for me thanks
    next episode
    london master a-z
    xwordsolver

@Stereo89

Thank u for the icons I love it
    Last edited by AnGeL-FaCe; 2011-01-04 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@Stereo89:

You have made a ton of incredible icons and ui elements. And I realize that you have spent what seems to me to be an enormous amount of time and creativity. However, you have created these images in the style of and using elements of a free icon set from mattahan.*

Of course you know the history... After it's inititial release, mattahan's free icon set was then improved and expanded and built upon for years by many in the community (including by you) for many operating systems, devices and uses. All of these additions, enhancements, and modifications are derivatives of the original buuf set (even though you and others may use Photoshop, Painter etc to actually create some impressive additions and not just combine and recolor mattahan's work) and as such and under the creative commons license that mattahan chose - these derivatives have been, and should be, and legally have to be offered back to the community for free. I thought, and I think others think, that when you post your icons on a public forum they are being offered to the community for their use in any non-commercial way they wish.

In my opinion you should not feel "slapped in the face" when other people use the images you have posted here for free and release free themes with them. In fact I think you should feel complimented because as far as I've seen they always give you credit (bababooey whom you guys also seemed unhappy with, gave you and Doreen lots of credit it seemed to me, and now gadezu seems to be giving credit to you in his theme as well... [Doreen too].

When someone releases a free theme that many people want with your publicly posted images it should confirm for you just how amazing we all think your work is!!

Wouldn't you agree that the efforts of a whole community have led to the icons you have posted here? The research and time spent by many buuf themers and artists over many years now *- always given back to the community with no restrictions on it's use other than listing the creators and not taking all the credit oneself.

The fact is that your icons and the ui images you have posted here are derivatives and in the style of mattahans buuf deuce icon set. His work was released under a creative commons license that allows you to create your icons with his elements and post them for free. That same license then allows other people to take your icons and package them or alter them or re-post them again. (as long as credit is given to it's creators).

Doreen seems to speak on your behalf sometimes, and perhaps she has mis-represented you from time to time-- I know this all must be difficult with the Italian/English language barrier. I would like to ask you a question: the buuf icons and buuf theme elements you have posted here and on the other buuf thread- are you saying that these are not being offered back to the community to use as we wish under the same license that mattahan released his icon set?*

Stereo if you really don't want your truly impressive icons and other images used in other peoples themes (perhaps for many years to come, and on many future devices) I reluctantly suggest you stop posting them on a public forum. And if that is the case I suggest to others here that we all start painstakingly recreating buuf icons in painter and Photoshop - this time for use by the community in any non-commercial way anyone desires. I for one would truly miss you stereo and I hope you will reconsider your position in all this - we all love your work and contributions to the buuf world!!

Happy New Year everyone!!
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2010-12-31 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

gadezu (2011-01-01)

@Stereo - Thank you thank you for the iPad wallpaper!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo89 View Post
    @Westside83uk

If you want, you can test this wallpaper for now...
    its not working can u send me image via pm or email ?

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberC View Post
    @Stereo - Thank you thank you for the iPad wallpaper!!!
    do u have urs on and working ?

mine is pixelated.....
    Last edited by Westside83uk; 2010-12-31 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Stereo89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 673 Posts

@whitebelt
    The things that i don't like is that in the themes that ppl make the most of the images are not their but mine..you can't say "my buuf theme...donate to.." and after you write "CONSIDER ALSO.."..if it is your theme then most of images must be yours..don't?..if you use most of the images in your creation that they aren't yours so it isn't your theme..is it right?..maybe i can't explain myself..let me know if you understood me..i think that you aren't happy if i leave the forum and i am not happy too to leave it but some things i don't really like..if this is a thread where we try to make ONE theme all together, why he post his theme in another thread and he called it "my"?..if he wanted HELP us, he can post the images here..i don't know if you understood me..

@Westside83uk
    You need to open the image in a new tab and there save it with the right button of the mouse..save image with name..

@SeptemberC

Is it good?..let me know because i can mod it..
    Last edited by Stereo89; 2010-12-31 at 07:01 PM.

Page 182 of 492 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast