Page 176 of 492 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 9824

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buuf iPhone 4

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt View Post
    Angel Face -

are you placing the file in the Bundles folder or the Icons folder??

if you're going the Bundles method:

inside of your active theme's Bundles folder:

1. create a folder named:

com.apple.iMovie

2. Inside of this new folder, place your icon file

3. Rename the icon:

[email protected]

-------

If instead of the Bundles folder, you are using the Icons folder:

inside of your active theme's Icons folder: place TWO copies of the icon file, named:

[email protected]

&

iMovie.png

[iMovie.png can simply be a generic blank file - it doesn't need to be the actual image... This will cut down on storage space... If this is confusing you, just ignore this and use an actual second copy of the image... Either way, and as always: be sure to use the correct filenames]

------

these directions are for iOS 4.1 - other versions may use slightly different names- look around this forum, or ask if you're still stuck

Hopefully you are working with an icon you downloaded from this exact forum and from stereo89 (thank you stereo!!!). [unless you are certain you have a properly sized icon file]

For this iMovie icon you want - it's on page 126 of this forum:

http://tinyurl.com/24fyprd

Make sure you download the high resolution version by clicking on the image in a new window/tab before you download. -- in this case, that will be here:

http://tinyurl.com/2ekg8ah

Good luck!

&

Merry Christmas to all!!

(ps- I highly recommend iFile to do all of this right from your iPhone only)
    I can not get this to work. If I put the icon in the icon folder its to big if I do the bundle it does not show up!? In the icon folder I put 2 of the images one names Fish Tycoon.png and one named Fish [email protected] and the fish was to big. Nothing happened when I did the bundle. I went into my buuf iPhone 4 theme and made a folder com.apple.Fish Tycoon and put the Fish [email protected] and nothing... So I'm confused

iPhone? More like MyPhone ronniemac's Avatar
    Thanks

Gotta tell ya...I had to go back to the stock keypad. The Buuf one didn't want to auto correct or auto capitalize the words....driving me crazy....

Stereo. - Heywire icon. (this is an old request) I did not see your message asking us to repost them.

@Junebug916

If you want to put your icon in the Bundles folder you will need to use the correct folder name for that particular app. You will first need to determine this name, and there are a variety of methods to do so.

I use iFile on my iPhone and navigate to /var/mobile/Applications (make a shortcut for next time)

Make sure you turn on "Application Names" in the settings of iFile so that you can see your apps listed by name instead of unintelligible "machine numbers")

Inside of the Applications folder you will find your app. Inside of this app folder look for the .plist file...

So inside of the Fish Tycoon folder, open up:

iTunesMetadata.plist

Scroll down and look for:

key>softwareVersionBundleId</key>
    <string>com.ldw.fishtycoon</string>

That tells you that the folder name you'll need is:

com.ldw.fishtycoon

**For Fish Tycoon Lite it will be:

com.ldw.FTLite

So create a folder with that name inside of your Bundles folder [NOT com.apple.fishtycoon or whatever you said you had] and put your icon inside.

Now you need to determine the correct name of this icon file. So navigate back to your Fish Tycoon folder and find the original icon... In this case it's called

Icon.png

[for future reference, typically it is named with an @2x and it is generally directly in the app folder - in this case it does not use @2x and it was buried one more folder deep. The name varies as well.]

So now rename the icon you placed in com.ldw.fishtycoon (which should be in your Bundles folder in your active theme)... to:

Icon.png

And of course make sure the icon you are working with was downloaded correctly. Be sure you open it in a new tab before downloading in order to retain the transparency and high resolution. If you are downloading using your iPhone do not save to your camera roll. Use safari download manager and choose "download" - then use iFile... Or just use your computer/ssh -- just be sure to open the image in a new tab before downloading it!)

By the way- it sounds like the steps you followed were correct when you placed the icons in your Icons folder, I suspect you didn't download the images correctly or even more likely: you are not on iOS 4.1 like me... If not, just use the Bundles folder as described or do a search on the proper naming for your iOS version.. Or ask.

Good luck!
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2010-12-28 at 03:38 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

I did download it right and I am on 4.1 I know about opening it in a new tab ima try what you said about the name though and I'll let you know

Btw I am doing this from my iPod touch cause my computer is to slow

iPhone? More like MyPhone rock75's Avatar
    Thanks

@Stereo
    I got a big request if you ever find yourself board... hehe, yeah right! I was hoping you could design me a custom dock... I would really like something in "stone" like a stone fence or something like a rock wall (you know the kind that you see out in fields in small country sides)... anyway you only work on this if you have time and only after all your "HOMEWORK" is done eheh
    thanx bro! nothin but mad respect for all that artistic talent flowing out of Italy!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The bundle didn't work?!?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And I don't have the safari download manager....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug916 View Post
    The bundle didn't work?!?
    Hello

Try to put these two icons in your folder icon, but I do not know the real name of the application (Tycoon, FishTycoon ...). Put the same name you see on your springboard.

I am in 4.1 and this works for me. The second icons must be empty.

I use the bundles only for native applications (App Store, Maps, Messages, Calculator ...).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scarch; 2010-12-28 at 12:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lovedliss's Avatar
    Thanks

Do anyone knows how do I have to name the Awesome Note icon in the bundle? I have tried several things and none of them seem to work, I can't buuf the icon...

@Stereo89

Hi, Stereo, how can I get my Calculator theme? my icon is theme just like yours, but the app itself still have the ugly apple look.

Same thing for Emoji Free!, I can't seem to name the icon the right way, the icon is not getting buufed.
    Last edited by lovedliss; 2010-12-28 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@Doreen
    could I trouble you for a favour pretty please
    you had sent out a background image for use on home screen/lock screen of a field with blue sky.... could I have the original image without the fence and status bar? please and thank you!

Default Sim icon
    Hello, i couldn't wait anymore for sim icon so i made one from "Happy sd" icon

here you go

it's not perfect but looks like sim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sim-card.png  

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrQfish For This Useful Post:

Dara (2010-12-28), rock75 (2010-12-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrQfish View Post
    Hello, i couldn't wait anymore for sim icon so i made one from "Happy sd" icon

here you go

it's not perfect but looks like sim
    wow! that's pretty good work there!

Quote Originally Posted by lovedliss View Post
    Do anyone knows how do I have to name the Awesome Note icon in the bundle? I have tried several things and none of them seem to work, I can't buuf the icon...

@Stereo89

Hi, Stereo, how can I get my Calculator theme? my icon is theme just like yours, but the app itself still have the ugly apple look.

Same thing for Emoji Free!, I can't seem to name the icon the right way, the icon is not getting buufed.
    I just had a thought. Sometimes you must unselect the theme in winterboard, respring, then reselect the theme. I have even had to REBOOT without the theme being selected for the icons to want to switch. Try it and let me know

@lovedliss

If you want to use your Bundles folder for awesome note, the folder needs to be named:

com.brid.AwesomeNote

If you're using Awesome Note Lite it is:

com.brid.AwesomeNoteLT

And the icon inside the folder needs to be named:

[email protected]

[same for awesome note lite)

I just tested this out for you on 4.1 - it works.

Make sure you disable/re-enable your theme before you refresh...Don't JUST refresh.

Use iFile as I described in my last post so you can learn to find the correct bundle and icon name yourself right on your iPhone--it's easy! That being said, on 4.1 the Icons folder is now the method I use instead, except for stock apps which I put in Bundles. Either way works fine but the icons folder is a bit easier perhaps-- look at my previous posts for recent instructions.

If you use the Icons folder instead of Bundles you'll need to name your icon:

[email protected]

Or

aNote [email protected]

and you'll also need a blank file in the Icons folder named:

aNote.png

Or

aNote Lite.png

Good luck!

---------

@Junebug916

So let's recap: you are on an iPhone 4 with 4.1?
    Your icons show up "too large" after following the readme/FAQ on page 1 of this forum [thanks pasturepony] and trying my suggestions??

Can you please post a screenshot?

Anyone else have a suggestion for Junebug916??

17. The Following User Says Thank You to whitebelt For This Useful Post:

lovedliss (2010-12-29)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes I'm on 4.1 no I have an iPod touch 3G

@Junebug

Sorry, all of these icons, this theme and this forum are for high resolution retina displays only. Please use the standard buuf forum/theme:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-2g-3...2178-buuf.html

;-)
    Last edited by whitebelt; 2010-12-28 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedliss View Post

@Stereo89

For the notes paste this on to the icon [email protected] an I don't have emoji free but send me the info.plist an I will look for you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdot80 For This Useful Post:

lovedliss (2010-12-29)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok? Everything else I've gotten works??

@Mdot80 & @lovedliss

Awesome note is NOT

[email protected]

It is:

[email protected]

For emoji free use the following folder in your Bundles folder:

com.jonkean.EmojiFree

And use the following icon name:

Icon-114.png

Enjoy!