Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iScience HD4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayQuint87 View Post
    That isnt the same theme man. That is the original iScience...it is made for the old phones.

This is a HD version of the iScience theme that I just created when the new JB came out, it hasn't been approved on Rock/Cydia yet.

I can see how you got confused. If you would like I will send you this theme free of charge. If you have any questions or would like it, Send me a PM....Try to keep this topic a bit more clean.

On another note...I AM AWESOME

After trial and error 100x i finally figured it out.

I got it to theme every app/game that I had from the app store.
    The only thing that I have not theme'd has been that damn nike app, but i will figure that one out individually.

This is awesome

can you please send me the updated files for auto theme icons

omg dam cydia > wont release ur theme its awsome!!!

Fixed iTunes/NikeApp Icons.

Will be fixed in next update.
    So now every icon is theme'd but the apps from Cydia/Rock.

I will start working on other small details of theme the next few days.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback support guys

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

if its ready wont mind an update?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont understand y its only i4 compatible???

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    i dont understand y its only i4 compatible???
    its because the iphone 4 has specific file locations so everything is named different and also the icons are at a higher resolution hope this answers ur question

Default Theme not working
    Help.

The theme is not working for me. I know that I am new to this but I've tried several times now and I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

I donated and received the link to download the theme. I saved the iScienceHD4.theme to my desktop. SSH'd into my iPhone and copied the files to /var/stash/Themes. I went in to Winterboard and I can see the iScience4HD theme. I select it and Respring and nothing. I have iWipeCache so that autocreate will work and still nothing. no changes. Any advice/ideas?

Just a quick question - why do the normal apps theme apart from the apps from Cydia/Rock. Is there a way to get this to work or do you change the icon from somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Out View Post
    Help.

The theme is not working for me. I know that I am new to this but I've tried several times now and I don't see what I'm doing wrong.

I donated and received the link to download the theme. I saved the iScienceHD4.theme to my desktop. SSH'd into my iPhone and copied the files to /var/stash/Themes. I went in to Winterboard and I can see the iScience4HD theme. I select it and Respring and nothing. I have iWipeCache so that autocreate will work and still nothing. no changes. Any advice/ideas?
    Hmm..Make sure you enable and copied both of the .Theme files in winterboard.
    One of them is only a wallpaper, the other is the actual theme.

The reason I did it this way is so that if you wanted a TRUE HD wallpaper, you could change the wallpaper to the one that is provided in the [Release] post. Winterboard does not support HD wallpapers at this time.
    (if you choose to use the HD wallpaper, make sure you disable the Wallpaper.theme in winterboard)

Also make sure summerboard is turned on, AND that you UNZIPPED the files, and not just put the .zip theme folder in there.

On another note, Video Preview has been updated with the new 1.0.3 Release.
    Check it out (and watch in 720p!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynamo

Just a quick question - why do the normal apps theme apart from the apps from Cydia/Rock. Is there a way to get this to work or do you change the icon from somewhere else?
    Nope..I wish there was.
    Even in the iOS3 you had to theme the Cydia/Rock icons separate.

IF YOU DONATED AND WANT THE 1.0.3 RELEASE WITH Auto Create and minor fixes, PM ME with the name/email that you sent the donation with.
    (sry guys but there is just too many peeps to remember everyone)
    Last edited by JayQuint87; 2010-08-08 at 07:27 PM.

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Is this the point where we can make icon requests?

Rock
    Signal
    iFile
    Weather (mine hasn't changed - not sure if you have not got to it yet)
    My3G
    iXpectrum

Another newbie question - if you theme these particular types of icons where do they actually go on the device so they are picked up?

I noticed on your update there was a rock/rock app folder with the icon there but it had not themed

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynamo View Post
    Is this the point where we can make icon requests?

Rock
    Signal
    iFile
    Weather (mine hasn't changed - not sure if you have not got to it yet)
    My3G
    iXpectrum

Another newbie question - if you theme these particular types of icons where do they actually go on the device so they are picked up?

I noticed on your update there was a rock/rock app folder with the icon there but it had not themed

That is because for each icon that is "theme'd" it has to be in it's individual folder. I do not know the names of the folders. Its pretty much a hit or miss...I have spent hours trying to figure out the Rock/MyWi and other rock store folder names.

If someone else figures this out give me a holler and I will change it.

Edit* As for the weather, I think apple did something so that the people in different countries have different Icons/extensions.
    I am not sure, but I have had a couple people from Europe msg me and tell me that their Weather Icon did not change.
    again if someone knows why this is happening send me a PM.
    Last edited by JayQuint87; 2010-08-08 at 07:34 PM.

SSH the file into theme themes folder go into folder. Delete wallpaper folder. Cut the theme folder next to wallpaper folder paste in themes and it should work. That's how I got it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalano View Post
    SSH the file into theme themes folder go into folder. Delete wallpaper folder. Cut the theme folder next to wallpaper folder paste in themes and it should work. That's how I got it to work.
    He is talking about the full theme.
    The wallpaper folder that you are talking about is not a "true" HD file.
    I made that so if you did not want to come to this webpage on your iPhone and save the HD wallpaper you can use that.

The wallpaper.theme does not look bad from winterboard, but it is not actual HD.

Ahh gotcha - i just went into the Rock application folder and renamed icon to icon_old.png and copied the 2 files that you made into it and refreshed and icons updated

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blast123 View Post
    its because the iphone 4 has specific file locations so everything is named different and also the icons are at a higher resolution hope this answers ur question
    thanks
    so if i got an iphone4 theme and put all the files in the right place would it work on my 3G? or would i have to photoshop all the pictures to lower the pixel density or something??
    thanks in adv

Blackra1ned

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    thanks
    so if i got an iphone4 theme and put all the files in the right place would it work on my 3G? or would i have to photoshop all the pictures to lower the pixel density or something??
    thanks in adv
    Technically yes, but I recommend that you don't waste your time doing that.
    If you have a 3g/3gs there are already theme's ready to work on those iPhones with the iOS4.

Thanks

If you have a 3g/3gs there are already theme's ready to work on those iPhones with the iOS4.
    ok thanks, and i know but i wanted to know just in case i ever see something in a iphone4 only theme that i like, if u get what i mean, thanks anyway

Blackra1ned

Jay, I got the theme working. Thanks again for all the work. I just had to separate the wallpaper and theme folders and respring. I know that you just finished all this this but is it possible to edit the color, instead of neon green, maybe neon blue or a red? Also, I know that each app has an "icon 2x.png" file attached to it except for all the app store applications which I'm assuming is just a set of rules--I saw the two masks but didn't see the rules. Is it possible to apply a change the outside ring for each individual app or does that have to be done for each icon one by one, i.e. red for the Nike+ and a blue for Facebook/Twitter/winterboard, and orange for iTunes/iBooks. just curious?. I'm not going to alter your work, I'm just curious.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Out View Post
    Jay, I got the theme working. Thanks again for all the work. I just had to separate the wallpaper and theme folders and respring. I know that you just finished all this this but is it possible to edit the color, instead of neon green, maybe neon blue or a red? Also, I know that each app has an "icon 2x.png" file attached to it except for all the app store applications which I'm assuming is just a set of rules--I saw the two masks but didn't see the rules. Is it possible to apply a change the outside ring for each individual app or does that have to be done for each icon one by one, i.e. red for the Nike+ and a blue for Facebook/Twitter/winterboard, and orange for iTunes/iBooks. just curious?. I'm not going to alter your work, I'm just curious.

heres my mod of this theme will share if i get permision

20. The Following User Says Thank You to richhee For This Useful Post:

floppy_joe (2010-08-08)

Jay, Digging the theme you created. Just sent you a Donation and pm with my email address. For some reason I'm not sure if the pm went through or not. If it didn't just let me know.

Thanks man
    Chris

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast