Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [WIP] Dro1d v4

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    well, i had an iPhone 4 in July, then my parents made me return it cause of the antennae.
    So then when did your parents say it was ok to release the theme?
    iLive an iLife

haha. hahahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not, but if someone were to buy you an iPhone 4, you might as well listen to them if they request you change your device so calls go through. I live in a shite coverage area to begin with, and the iPhone's antennae thing didn't make it better.

That's respectable but I'm pretty sure you already know this... you cannot downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and nobody knows when the new JB is coming out sooo.... It might be time to hand that over to someone.

yeah collab with the deadbunnies guy, get something going..
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

I smell a burning at the stake coming along, you better give them what they ask for. Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate!

Quote Originally Posted by farrow.zachary View Post
    I smell a burning at the stake coming along, you better give them what they ask for. Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    That's respectable but I'm pretty sure you already know this... you cannot downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 and nobody knows when the new JB is coming out sooo.... It might be time to hand that over to someone.

Ditto, Let somebody who is actually passionate about the project finish it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    well actually it is possible, you just need to edit some files a little.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    I'll see

Quote Originally Posted by sacking23 View Post
    I'm not passionate?

The downgrade through editing files is not possible or I would be jailbroken, must wait for 4.1 if anything, those people had backed up shsh and not remembered.

but there's like a thing on redmondpie that tells you how to downgrade...

That redmondpie article also has an update directly below it that states what I said before, those people had shsh files [quote] UPDATE 1: Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didn’t worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didn’t work for me even on an iPhone 3GS.

After searching around for a bit, I came to the conclusion that those who reported of this method being working for them had at some point in past saved their SHSH files on Cydia, it was just that they didn’t knew about it which resulted in irrupting false hopes for many. I wont go as far as calling this method as fake, it was just that people unknowingly didn’t knew that the device which they were trying to downgrade using this method already had SHSH blobs saved on Cydia. Notcom explains this on his blog:

There is much discussion on many blogs about a potential means of downgrading iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 by simply changing a couple values in the buildmanifest.plist and copying all of the images from 4.0.1 into 4.0.2 and then deleting the files ending with 002. Following all of this, perform a DFU restore and somehow you will be on 4.0.1.
    There is a perfectly logical explanation for all of this and I will lay out exactly what is happening and explain why it is working for the folks that are the lucky ones.
    Let me get this out first.

This is not a miracle, at least not in the sense you all hope for
    SHSHs are STILL required for any iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, and iPod Touch 2G (MC Model)
    There is NO way around this… unfortunately this method included.
    Let me start by explaining something very important. The buildmanifest is used by iTunes to build much of the TSS request that is used to obtain your SHSH for any given firmware revision. Unfortunately, the BuildNumber has no part to play in the request for SHSH. All that you ended up doing in following these directions is request 4.0.1 SHSH blobs.THAT IS ALL. Since every single one of you that got this to work changed your hosts file to point to Cydia, Cydia responded to the TSS request with an SHSH blob that was ALREADY "on-file". There was no magic. There was no miracle, apart from the lucky break that your device had been put on Cydia’s SHSH request list at some time in the distant past.
    That’s it in a nutshell folks. There was no amazing technique for bypassing Apple’s TSS. There was no amazing exploit that exists in DFU mode allowing for 4.0.2 -> 4.0.1 downgrading. It’s simple; Cydia had your SHSH because at sometime in the past either:

Someone saved your SHSH with that device using TinyUmbrella and the default options
    Someone restored that device with Cydia in the hosts pointing to gs.apple.com
    Someone jailbroke the device and pressed ‘Make my life easier’
    So yes, unfortunately, the wait continues..[\quote]

I wouldn't say he isn't passionate, he's probably too passionate. He doesn't want anyones help.

You should atleast let someone collab with ya on it. He can test it out and be like "yeah this works" "this doesnt" Wouldn't you rather have it done so once you can finally JB, you can throw it on instead of working on it?

I'm not passionate?
    I may have mis-spoke your probably passionate about the project but there is an apparent lacking of a sense of urgency!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

haha. hahahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not, but if someone were to buy you an iPhone 4, you might as well listen to them if they request you change your device so calls go through. I live in a shite coverage area to begin with, and the iPhone's antennae thing didn't make it better.
    I'm not arguing against the obedience to your parentals, I am saying don't give us a release date on a theme you not only haven't finished, but do not even own the device you're "releasing" it on. But I'm sure with age you'll learn that.
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by sacking23 View Post
    Well you actually can downgrade, Ive done it twice already.

Hey Lion do you have all your beta testers?
    Last edited by miketwothree; 2010-09-06 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    I'm not arguing against the obedience to your parentals, I am saying don't give us a release date on a theme you not only haven't finished, but do not even own the device you're "releasing" it on. But I'm sure with age you'll learn that.
    That is a good point. Well whatever. You guys want another beta? Try this out. It has quite a few more icons, a Wallpaper, and a Dock I haven't tried out. Please post screenshots....NOW.

Download Me

Green Apple
    Thanks
    okay well i have to say this is an extremely huge let down lol. i was thinking this would have been released a month ago, and now its got a few icons, a wallpaper(woo?), and a dock with fake icons that get in the way of real icons.

theres nothing to see.

well what were you expecting? An amazing theme that's been refined?

you don't get it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    well what were you expecting? An amazing theme that's been refined?

you don't get it.
    well considering youre almost a month overdue, yes.

just leave @li-ion alone ppl if he aint going to release than too bad but if he does all of you are gonna get a email right!!damn he doesnt have the i4 and yall still basically tellin him to hurry and finish!!also if you think hes not gonna release than why keep complaining..dumbasses make it yourfelf

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

IMA SAY IT ONE MAH TIME. Leave Li-On alone. He is a good guy and outside circumstances are making it hard to make it something that doesnt look like some of the other sh*t in the cydia market. So seriously STFU and either wait or learn how to make a theme so we can see how bad yours looks... K?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (2010-09-07)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast