Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Winterboard file names and locations

Default Iphone 4 Winterboard file names and locations

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chansed For This Useful Post:

Csbrown147 (2010-08-06), dozia (2010-08-06), el pastator (2011-01-05), onechanel (2010-08-22), Trammell (2010-10-16)

Thanks

I think most of the information from iOS 3 is the same for iOS 4. I really doubt Apple would change too much...

Ive been through a LOT of the file tree, using the search function on iFunBox. I've searched for a ton of different things, and can't find the photo set anywhere. I cant find any of the status bar stuff. I have searched by the old names, pieces of those names, bars, FSO, wifi, wi-fi, png, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehal3m View Post
    I think most of the information from iOS 3 is the same for iOS 4. I really doubt Apple would change too much...
    However - This is IPHONE 4 not ios4. so the file names are different. This is because of the resolution difference... hence the creation of this portion of Skins and themes.

If You like my work and want to contribute to my habit Donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D.L33T View Post
    However - This is IPHONE 4 not ios4. so the file names are different. This is because of the resolution difference... hence the creation of this portion of Skins and themes.
    It's just the double resolution that differs iPhone 4's than other iDevices. (Excluding iPads) I'm just saying that Apple wouldn't put too much time JUST to redo all their efforts on iOS.

But, I guess we'll just have to wait for the professional themers to put together the stock Apple theme for the iPhone 4.

Cool iphone 4 theming
    a lot has changed, cant even find some image locatinos still..

its going to be a while, meanwhile Im thowing together a Sense UI just for practice.

will wait for an real release on MMI

iphone 4 theme categories is a good idea.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

how would you double the size of
    the image??

Thanks

The status bars are: Silver_Base.png and Translucent_Base.png and Black_Base.png and put them all in UImages folder and that's the status bars.

Thanks

I have an idea. Is it possible to open up the iOS 4 firmware and try finding the images on that?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xpprem For This Useful Post:

TCcentex (2010-08-06)

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    how would you double the size of
    the image??
    Image size in Photoshop. Unless you know another program that handles .png files well. You just double the number of pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
    The status bars are: Silver_Base.png and Translucent_Base.png and Black_Base.png and put them all in UImages folder and that's the status bars.
    Thanks for the help, but I don't think that those are the files I'm looking for. There are about 40 files associated with the status bar. This includes wifi bars, signal bars, blue tooth, alarm, airplane, and battery. In fact I couldn't find the logos that you provided at all, so they may be specific to a program on your phone (or I didn't look hard enough). Like, I found some wifi bar logos, however, I think they're associated with a program, and not with the springboard. the labels were similar to this:
    Library_PreferenceBundles_AirPortSettings.bundle_W i-Fi Black [email protected]
    Last edited by chansed; 2010-08-06 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone know where the folder location is? So you can change the default folder icon when grouping apps

Edit: Found Location

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    Last edited by Nips_19; 2010-08-06 at 01:55 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,
    I'm making a theme for iPhone 4 with firmware 4.0.1.
    I'm searching how i can active the gif...
    And is it possible to have a wallpaper different each page?
    Can you help me please ?
    Thanks

Great thread. I figured out the dial pad but the battery theme was something I was also working on.

I was wondering if anyone had any theories on how to change the wifi and battery logo on the main springboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Csbrown147 View Post
    Great thread. I figured out the dial pad but the battery theme was something I was also working on.

I was wondering if anyone had any theories on how to change the wifi and battery logo on the main springboard?
    That's what I've been working on. I am having no luck. I searched around in there again this morning. I found some Wifi Icons in system/library/preferencebundles. But I doubt it's anything. Springboardapp has a lot of pictures you can mod, but no status bar icons. My last theory is that they wrapped them into a new program. They used to be contained within Springboard.app, but now, I'm not sure. I have checked in a lot of folders, but not in many apps. I just encourage everyone to grab Ifunbox and search around some more.

I don't know how relevant it is but using Lockinfo you can hide everything except the top bar on the lockscreen, and it works on my iPhone 4. Maybe you can find those files by seeing what its doing. I tried making a clear lockscreen using SSH and nothing changed.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to coasterider For This Useful Post:

Charbelgio (2010-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coasterider View Post
    I don't know how relevant it is but using Lockinfo you can hide everything except the top bar on the lockscreen, and it works on my iPhone 4. Maybe you can find those files by seeing what its doing. I tried making a clear lockscreen using SSH and nothing changed.
    I'm trying to figure out a way to hide the imagine going around the slider but keep the slider and the text. Any ideas??

Thanks

I figured something out.
    I installed clear lockscreen 4.0 and just changed the slider image to the one I wanted!
    Thanks for replying!

Do you know how to get the status bar battery to change? I installed the color I wanted then @2x.png them but they didn't show up.. I haven't tried doubling the res yet but if that doesn't work. Any ideas?
    Do you know were the satusbar battery file is and maybe I could just replace those and skip winterboard..

I finally figured it out and have changed my wifi icons by updating some previously released wifi themes. Someone has uploaded a "sample" on Cydia and I just copied there file names.

I will try and posted some additional info for those wanting to make there own themes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast