Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Winterboard file names and locations

[QUOTE=TheOnlyest;5408007]That would be because ALL those images go in the UIImages folder... NOT the springboard.app folder.

you right my mistake...sorry...

the post been edited...

the slider is in the same place as before..
    system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/english.lproj/

you must change the extension to be able to edit

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

In every App folder you will find a file called Info.plist. Open it in iFile (the easiest way) and find CFBundleIconFIle and CFBundleIdentifier and you figure that out when you get there :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zYxMa For This Useful Post:

rest_easy (2010-08-23)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

chansed (2010-08-23), rest_easy (2010-08-23)

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    In every App folder you will find a file called Info.plist. Open it in iFile (the easiest way) and find CFBundleIconFIle and CFBundleIdentifier and you figure that out when you get there :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    Thanks both of you. That database makes it much easier (obviously) huge help.

I'm combining the What and Earth themes found here (the wallpaper from earth and mixes icons) then I use the folder background from Nine HD with the bubbles, lockinfo of course and I have a NY Giants Battery, NY Giants slider and giants logo over att symbol. Very nice.
    Also have wii sounds for lock/unlock and super mario bros sms tone. I did these types of piecemail themes on my 3gs and it usually turned out great.

I did have some issues at first but it turns out respringing wasn't working. A simple reboot and boom I had my new icons. Sweet
    Last edited by rest_easy; 2010-08-23 at 05:05 AM.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but where are the files for the preloaded sms app?

I'm sick of a plain grey skin :P

i believe if you are theming in your theme just place your image as SMSBackground.png in the root of the theme folder (same place you'd put the wallpaper)
    yep just tried it it works. an @2x doesn't work just label it as I wrote

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rest_easy For This Useful Post:

akward silence (2010-08-24)

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    i believe if you are theming in your theme just place your image as SMSBackground.png in the root of the theme folder (same place you'd put the wallpaper)
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I skinned the mobile notes and made them blue and white. Here is a link to download the files.

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Blue/White mobile notes ios4

My iPhone is a Part of Me mvveelen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm trying to get the WiFi bars themed (other colors), I found them in

System/PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings.bundle

But where should I put the themed icons, I tried several locations but none of them worked. I don't want to use the black-/Silver_0_WifiBars because they don't look "sharp" enough. I want to use the Wi-Fi Black [email protected] and so on....because they look better on the retina display of my iPhone 4. Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    any idea where I could pull a stock image (or layout) for the keyboard? I just want to make it a darker gray.

Can someone tell me if you can add a custom ringtones to a winterboard theme?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by cheleintx View Post
    Can someone tell me if you can add a custom ringtones to a winterboard theme?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes u can! It has to be saved as a .caf file u can make them with adobe premier!

Bundle them in your winterboard theme under a folder in the main section call it
    UISounds

U should be good to go!

I did that but it didnt work ......Could it be because i have IPhone 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Retrospect's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvveelen View Post
    I'm trying to get the WiFi bars themed (other colors), I found them in

System/PreferenceBundles/AirPortSettings.bundle

But where should I put the themed icons, I tried several locations but none of them worked. I don't want to use the black-/Silver_0_WifiBars because they don't look "sharp" enough. I want to use the Wi-Fi Black [email protected] and so on....because they look better on the retina display of my iPhone 4. Anyone ?
    For custom WiFi bars or other status bar images, you need to put your customized images (with correct names) in UIImages folder of the theme that you're using.
    Check out my theme Réalité HD: Here!
    <Donate> if you want to help me and support my themes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mvveelen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
    For custom WiFi bars or other status bar images, you need to put your customized images (with correct names) in UIImages folder of the theme that you're using.
    For the iPhone 4 that doesn't work like I want it to work. It DOES show the low-res icons, but not the hi-res versions. And with the retina display you really don't want the lo-res icons....it's too pixelated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 882 Posts

The iPhone 4 is currently not displaying any of the hi-res images in the entire "UIImages" folder. It will display the low, standard-res versions, but nothing with @2x at the end. It is presumed a winterboard update is required before this issue is fixed

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TCcentex For This Useful Post:

cheleintx (2010-09-09)

Quote Originally Posted by TCcentex View Post
    The iPhone 4 is currently not displaying any of the hi-res images in the entire "UIImages" folder. It will display the low, standard-res versions, but nothing with @2x at the end. It is presumed a winterboard update is required before this issue is fixed
    I know it's the long way around but can we do it manually? Perhaps script copying them en-mass to the respective area? I'm really missing my HTC style themes as well as the need for non pixelated icons!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Complete UIImages has been ripped from the artwork file..

Unfortunately, Winterboard doesn't support i4 High-Res status bar changes besides the carrier image.

EDIT: 10/16/2010

Now it does.
    Last edited by Sanady361; 2010-10-16 at 03:55 PM.
    My latest theme - -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast