Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Theme] Vintage - by Jabdo79

Cool [New Theme] Vintage - by Jabdo79
    Here is a new theme I've been working on. Comes with a battery, icons, Summerboard ready theme, and alternate wallpapers. Let me know if you have any requests/changes you might like to see. And let me know what you think about it!

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1065

Edit(10/14/07):Just finished some Weather Day and Night backgrounds! I have resubmitted the theme with the Weather backgrounds and it already has been approved.

My goal is basically to make a completely Vintage iPhone, so expect more to be coming.

Enjoy!

Battery

New Dock/Weather Backgrounds
    Last edited by Jabdo79; 2007-10-16 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Updated screen cap to show new dock

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jabdo79 For This Useful Post:

bry279 (2008-04-04), Dash-2 (2007-10-12), shadowhacker27 (2008-01-14), vishisback (2007-10-15)

Thats awesome.. you shoudl try to make the dock match that top bar so its like two stripes going through the icons, but either way im gonna use it. i love beeing very minimal with my icons!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

kicking it vintage yo haha
     Think Different

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Very ! Cooli Yoo..!! Awson Icon Work ! May be Reflections in the Dock? that would look B.A.D

Approved.
    This is an AMAZING theme.
    Snaps to you!
    And first post. Impressive!

wow..pretty good! thx for the sharing!
    gonna start downloading now

Just realized that there isn't a Stock icon.
    Could you get one of these made?
    Thanks!

Nice! I've been using that wall for some time, now I have a theme to go with it!

I also second the request for a stock icon. Better yet, release the .psd or .png of a template vintage icon that you used for all the icons so people can make their own. That are release icons for all the apps (third party included).

Good stuff.
    Last edited by delt23; 2007-10-12 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool Requested Changes
    First thanks, i'm glad you liked the theme, i really do.

Junkers: Took your suggestion and i have to say good idea, i think it came out really nice. I uploaded a new .rar with the original dock as an alternate dock and the new dock as the default dock. I also uploaded new wallpapers since I originally saved them with the dock "in" them.

Dash-2: Thanks! And attached is the Stocks icon, never use it and have it hidden so i forgot to make one. But here it is.

Delt23: I really like this wall too so i figured hey, i'll make a theme for it! Also, attached is a .png of my "blank" Vintage button. And if i may, can anyone that makes an icon with the "blank" template post the icon here in this thread? Thanks!

I also added the "blank" icon and the Stocks icon to the new .rar in the downloads section, direct link below, awaiting re-approval.

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1065
    Attached Images Attached Images   

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabdo79 For This Useful Post:

Dash-2 (2007-10-13)

thanks!

When is this theme going to be approved so I can download it again?
    Last edited by delt23; 2007-10-13 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm unable to download this..

Approved.
    Thanks for the update Jabdo79!

is this summer board ready? Also could you upload it on app installer

I love this theme. It is amazing. Only thing is its lack of third-party program icons. If it had all of the icons I have on my springboard I would most definitely use it as my main theme. Icons for the following programs would be amazing:

NES **
    Sudolu **
    VNotes
    Stumbler
    TicTacToe
    Services
    Navizon
    TTR
    MusicQuiz
    Mines
    FiveDice
    Tetris
    Widget
    iFlashCards
    Pedometer
    BeatPhone

The ones with the ** are the most pressing for myself and people I know. But all would be incredible! Keep up the amazing work with the theme!

romeo0119: It is Summerboard ready and i will be submitting it for upload on app Installer.

def-one: That is quite a list, I'll see what I can do.

I also just finished attaching some Weather backgrounds above, hope you like them!

Beautiful weather backgrounds.
    Add then to your download!

I've been having problems getting the battery images to work using Customize.app.
    If I take the default image (0% battery) from the default battery image that comes with the iPhone and name it BatteryBG-1.png and then rename the other files BatteryBG-2.png and so on, with the full battery image being named BatteryBG.png, Customize.app should recognize it and use it. I did this with the Wood Battery images, the XMB Battery images and so on. It worked for every one except yours. I don't know why. Can you please make a battery image set that you can just drop into Customize/BatteryImages/Vintage/ and select it? Manually replacing the image files in the app itself is a nuisance since I change themes a few times a week, going back and forth from one to the other depending on my mood, heh.

delt32: I just uploaded a new version of the battery which is Customize friendly. Reason I didn't notice it didn't work is because I have not used Customize until today. But I installed it on my phone and solved the problem to help you out. Turns out i was missing a .png, like you said, the one that is completely empty. Easy to fix, and i renamed them all so you don't have to. Only thing left is to wait for approval.

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1066

Approved.
    Thanks for the update/support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast