Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Vista

This is your reason for not switching to Mac OS X? Apple releasing a firmware update which breaks severely modified phones? Phones which are no longer, by any reasonable measure, standard?

I'm currently rolling out a desktop platform to 28,000 people. The build is tightly controlled and locked down; as a result, support costs are very low. If we get a call from a user and it turns out that they've managed to tinker with their machine (hacked the registry, modified files on c, etc.), you know how much support they get? Nada. We tell them to press F12, rebuild their machines, and call us back when it's done.

We do this so that we can deploy software to all 28,000 machines and know that it will work. We know they're all the same. If they weren't, our job would be impossible.

Now, Apple release a firmware upgrade. It obviously modifies system files. We have also modified those system files. Yet when the upgrade breaks your phone, you blame Apple?! So, what, you wanted them to build their firmware upgrade so that it didn't break hacked phones? How would they do that? How would they know what you had done to your phone? They don't. They have no idea.

OS X is so magnificently better than Vista in every regard that I can think of. I use both for hours a day: OS X is a pleasure, Vista is a pain. Choosing to use Vista over OS X because "Apple broke your phone" is the most ludicrous argument I think I've ever heard.

j.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Cool theme, does it come with a BSOD?

use vista logo as slider...sweetttttt

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Cool theme, does it come with a BSOD?
    That would be cool as the lock wallpaper =D

looks hot ... when r u planning on releasing it

instead of iLauncher only if u could somehow put the starburst of the dock.app in it that will be so hot

yea 4 desk(64) and one laptop(32)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jen729w View Post
    This is your reason for not switching to Mac OS X? Apple releasing a firmware update which breaks severely modified phones? Phones which are no longer, by any reasonable measure, standard?

I'm currently rolling out a desktop platform to 28,000 people. The build is tightly controlled and locked down; as a result, support costs are very low. If we get a call from a user and it turns out that they've managed to tinker with their machine (hacked the registry, modified files on c, etc.), you know how much support they get? Nada. We tell them to press F12, rebuild their machines, and call us back when it's done.

We do this so that we can deploy software to all 28,000 machines and know that it will work. We know they're all the same. If they weren't, our job would be impossible.

Now, Apple release a firmware upgrade. It obviously modifies system files. We have also modified those system files. Yet when the upgrade breaks your phone, you blame Apple?! So, what, you wanted them to build their firmware upgrade so that it didn't break hacked phones? How would they do that? How would they know what you had done to your phone? They don't. They have no idea.

OS X is so magnificently better than Vista in every regard that I can think of. I use both for hours a day: OS X is a pleasure, Vista is a pain. Choosing to use Vista over OS X because "Apple broke your phone" is the most ludicrous argument I think I've ever heard.

j.
    Don't take this the wrong way...it is a legit question...

Why do you think Apple does not have any more of the PC Market Share that it did lets say ten years ago?

Does it have to do with support from the Software/Hardware manufacturers or the PC users themselves?

Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by X-ception View Post
    looks hot ... when r u planning on releasing it

instead of iLauncher only if u could somehow put the starburst of the dock.app in it that will be so hot
    that would be pretty cool but i think id probably reserve that for a mac os x theme [planning on one].
    i think a flip 3d app would be alot more appropriate [and kick ***] for a vista theme

Mac/PC I'd go mac every time

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Mac/PC I'd go mac every time
    Why? Can you provide some comparisons?

I want to buy an Apple and I have heard so many people rant about the Apple but they never seem to give particular comparisons.

How about a comparison between apps that run on a PC (Office Suite can be used), does the Apple have any problems running Office Suite on the PC partition? (I really don't even know if that is the way that apps run on an Apple...just a guess from some of what I heard from Apple users.

Then the Apple also has the OS-x(???) side too?

As you can see, I have absolutely NO idea what I am talking about when it comes to Apple.

Would appreciate a short explanation or comparison.

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Love these themes! Go for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12