Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: new icons for packages in lnstaller app

  1. #1
    Talking new icons for packages in lnstaller app
    i was messing around with some different icons for the packages on installer and these look the best. let me know what you guys think.



    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by stereo313; 2007-10-05 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #2
    never was a big skull person, but hey, if it works for you, cool!

    you did a good job on them, though!

  3. #3
    Nice, didn't even think about changing these.
    (I still hate the 5000 dictionaries)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    (I still hate the 5000 dictionaries)
    What's worse is how big each of them are. Horrible download time.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Donald.Brown01 For This Useful Post:

    stereo313 (2007-10-06)

  6. #5
    yeah right. how many do you need. i wonder if one has "over kill" in it

  7. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    these are cool man. I like em.

  8. #7
    Not a skull man myself either, but can anyone explain to me what the green star badge indicates? To this day, I have not figured out what that means.

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Not a skull man myself either, but can anyone explain to me what the green star badge indicates? To this day, I have not figured out what that means.
    The green badges means its a "featured" app. Does the skull represent that these apps are deadly?

  10. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA and Thailand
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts

    I have skulls unless its one eyed jack jolly roger

  11. #10
    Are you sure? There is a separate Featured category on Installer. Most of them are not badged, although Customize is both in the Featured category and badged. Of all the themes, these two are badged: Phiberglass and PlainJainDim. Where's a preview of the latter? Neither the forum nor Google come up with anything for plainjaindim and yet it's badged? Who decides this stuff and based on what criteria?

    I just looked at the icons and judging from the name of the icon it seems that the badge only means it's a new package.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2007-10-07 at 01:07 AM.

  12. #11
    Here is PlainJainDim.
    It looks really nice, but I wish people wouldn't make dock specific icons... (or that we could have multiple displayorder lists)

    There are a LOT of 3rd party apps icons though, that's good.

  13. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Are you sure? There is a separate Featured category on Installer. Most of them are not badged, although Customize is both in the Featured category and badged. Of all the themes, these two are badged: Phiberglass and PlainJainDim. Where's a preview of the latter? Neither the forum nor Google come up with anything for plainjaindim and yet it's badged? Who decides this stuff and based on what criteria?

    I just looked at the icons and judging from the name of the icon it seems that the badge only means it's a new package.
    Maybe you're right. Could be everytime an app is updated or new, they stick the badge on. Guess it's only the Installer.app guys who know for sure.

  14. #13
    Since this is obviously confusing, here are the two badges I'm using now:



    Rename to package.png and newpackage.png, respectively and put in Installer.app

  15. #14
    All of these are neat =]]

  16. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Here is PlainJainDim.
    It looks really nice, but I wish people wouldn't make dock specific icons... (or that we could have multiple displayorder lists)

    There are a LOT of 3rd party apps icons though, that's good.
    Hey, where'd you get the rainbow carrier images? That's perdy

  17. #16
    Thanks for the icons armadillo =D

    Eurisko, here it is:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=891

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

    Eurisko (2007-10-07)

  19. #17
    i like the box icons

  20. #18
    Well, the credit is all yours, since you were the first to tackle the issue. The skull is great too, it's just that (unlike Steve Jobs), I don't consider the packages as hacking or pirating. They are genuinely useful apps.

  21. #19
    they had nothing to do with hacking. i like skulls and they match with the color scheme of installer.i tried a couple ideas but i though they looked the best.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •