Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with new icons and summerboard

Question Problem with new icons and summerboard
    Ok, So I created some new icons for the MarioParty Summerboard Theme:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=951

Everything works fine but the PigShooter and weDict icons.

The pigshooter one in the picture is the original where i messed up the spacing. The actual file on the iphone in the marioparty icon folder is the correct icon with the proper spacing.

The weDict icon in the marioparty folder is the correct one:

however the icon on the springboard is still showing the original one:

So is there somekind of cache somewhere on the phone that needs to be cleared to allow the correct icons to show? Its wierd cause its only happening with wedict, pigshooter, and calendar icons.

Any ideas, this happen to anyone?
    If this is the wrong catagory, please let me know so I can move it to the right one.
    Thanks!

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaiss View Post
    Ok, So I created some new icons for the MarioParty Summerboard Theme:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=951

Everything works fine but the PigShooter and weDict icons.

The pigshooter one in the picture is the original where i messed up the spacing. The actual file on the iphone in the marioparty icon folder is the correct icon with the proper spacing.

The weDict icon in the marioparty folder is the correct one:

however the icon on the springboard is still showing the original one:

So is there somekind of cache somewhere on the phone that needs to be cleared to allow the correct icons to show? Its wierd cause its only happening with wedict, pigshooter, and calendar icons.

Any ideas, this happen to anyone?
    If this is the wrong catagory, please let me know so I can move it to the right one.
    Thanks!
    They are probably named wrong. I know for sure that the calendar icon needs to be named "Calendar.png" I am not sure about the others. Try naming them "wedict.png" "pigshooter.png"

No, the PigShooter icon is a problem and to make it work you absolutely have to replace the original icon in the app itself. But the important thing when replacing that icon is not the image itself, but rather the dimensions. It drove me nuts, because my own icon would not show up properly in Summerboard either. Here is the skinny in case you're interested:

Summerboard reads the dimensions of the icon.png and then centers the replacement icon from the theme based on those coordinates. In general, icon.png files are 60x60, but PigShooter has a smaller icon. That throws SB off and the replacement icon is offset. I think it's a bug in SB.

So what you need to do is open the original PigShooter icon in your favorite graphics program and resize it to 60x60. Return the original icon with the new dimensions to PigShooter.app and your theme icon will be placed properly.

As to the weDict problem, you must make sure that your icon's name is EXACTLY spelled weDict (case sensitive).

armadillo was right on. The pig shooter and some of the other icons were not 60x60.

thanks guys!

I have a question, about the mario party theme in general. I installed mario party from installer with hytymes source, and I noticed that all the icons seem to be shifted to the right as compared to normal, I was able to add these new icons in with the rest, but I am still getting this problem. Is there any fix, so that my icons will be more centered rather than all shifted to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by harryding View Post
    I have a question, about the mario party theme in general. I installed mario party from installer with hytymes source, and I noticed that all the icons seem to be shifted to the right as compared to normal, I was able to add these new icons in with the rest, but I am still getting this problem. Is there any fix, so that my icons will be more centered rather than all shifted to the right?
    Thats the way the icons are intended to be. The only way I can think would be to open them in photoshop, trim the edges, and resize to 60x60 but even using actionscript thats alot of work. I'll see what I can come up with tomarrow and post anything i figure out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shaiss For This Useful Post:

BigPete (2007-10-09)

Great theme!! I put this theme on my phone and am experiencing the same problem. All icons are slightly to the right. I am also haveing problems with the calender ap. It dosnt want to line up with the rest. I installed your theme manualy with iphone browser ie i replaced evey icon and pic individualy. Glad to see it wasnt just me. I also added a super mario ringtone plus changed slider's pics with nes aps from another nes theme.

Well, what you could do is to replace the original icon.png files in every app by one that matches the size of your Mario icons. SummerBoard will then place them in the same spot. I haven't tested this though, but judging from the PigShooter behavior, it might just work. However, I would not do such a thing myself, since it would make all other themes look bad. This drastic measure should only be considered by those who want the mario icons more or less permanently.

But I just thought of another possibility that may be worth exploring. If you have iSwitcher installed, you could install the Mario icons via iSwitcher (if the theme is available in that format). Then you can still use SummerBoard to put up the Mario theme. I believe iSwitcher install the icons into the app. So SB will then use the Mario icons inside the app as reference and place the mario icons correctly. So essentially iSwitcher is just used to set the size of the icons to fool SB into placing the icons with the right coordinates. Worth a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    But I just thought of another possibility that may be worth exploring. If you have iSwitcher installed, you could install the Mario icons via iSwitcher (if the theme is available in that format). Then you can still use SummerBoard to put up the Mario theme. I believe iSwitcher install the icons into the app. So SB will then use the Mario icons inside the app as reference and place the mario icons correctly. So essentially iSwitcher is just used to set the size of the icons to fool SB into placing the icons with the right coordinates. Worth a shot...
    I did that and it completely screwed up all the icons. They were all over the place.

I redid the mario party icons for those that want it centered.
    Original Theme:

Centered Theme (Click here to download): (To install, either replace the original mario party theme or install the entire folder to /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Mario Party Centered. This will create a new "centered" theme in sumerboard)

added to the MMI file repository
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1019
    Last edited by shaiss; 2007-10-09 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shaiss For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2008-01-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Well, what you could do is to replace the original icon.png files in every app by one that matches the size of your Mario icons. SummerBoard will then place them in the same spot. I haven't tested this though, but judging from the PigShooter behavior, it might just work. However, I would not do such a thing myself, since it would make all other themes look bad. This drastic measure should only be considered by those who want the mario icons more or less permanently.

Armadillo....you've been thanked! This was bugging me so much. iLevel and Screenshot were skewing my icons. Your fix worked perfectly.