Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aqwoah Keyboard Teaser

Uninstall and try again. If uninstall is not available, install again. I tested this extensively and it has worked everytime for me. Just to make sure. Are you running 1.1.1 and the source lists the keyboard for 1.1.1?

Let me be more specific. The install script will not delete anything from your phone. It will move the two keyboard files from /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ into /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/ You can recover those files if they have been moved already and move them back to UIKit. You can do this through the VT-100 Terminal app. Just type in

ls /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/

and see what files are in there. To move them back, type in

mv /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/ /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
    Last edited by armadillo; 2007-11-06 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

2. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (2007-11-06)

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    You need to restart your phone. What you see is simply the cached image of the original keyboard. Restart and it will be fine.
    I've restarted my phone but still no keyboard,
    any idea where the cache is located ?
    maybe if i get rid of it i'll get new keyboard.
    i'm on 1.1.1 , it looks like from messages here
    folks are using it with 1.1.1
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Transfer the files again. Since you obviously have the Common.artwork file working, may be something went wrong when installing the Latin version. This can happen if the system thinks the file is in use. So my suggestion would be to shut down the phone. Then turn it on again but don't access the keyboard. Transfer the Latin.artwork file and shut down the phone again. Then restart and it should work.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (2007-11-06), pmas (2007-11-06)

Thanks armadillo. I had all your files installed already, but followed up with installer anyway. I figure this way they can keep current via installer.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I added Armadillo as source, installed fine, works fine . Don't know why I couldn't get it to work via file transfer.

Thanks Armadillo, sorry for being a headache.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

thnx worked great!!

my keyboard looks great except on my black keyboard the white letters that say "space" are more like grey while the return and all other letters are crisp white, any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Uninstall and try again. If uninstall is not available, install again. I tested this extensively and it has worked everytime for me. Just to make sure. Are you running 1.1.1 and the source lists the keyboard for 1.1.1?

Let me be more specific. The install script will not delete anything from your phone. It will move the two keyboard files from /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/ into /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/ You can recover those files if they have been moved already and move them back to UIKit. You can do this through the VT-100 Terminal app. Just type in

ls /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/

and see what files are in there. To move them back, type in

mv /private/var/root/Library/AlohaSoft/Keyboard_Backup/ /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/

Keyboard help...

This looks sweet but I can't get it install correctly. I made sure that I have the 1.1.1 version for my 1.1.1 phone. When I install it I get the same black screen that everyone else is getting, but when I try to uninstall it, and install the stock one, my phone resets back to the "slider" screen on EVERY program that uses the keyboard (ie - Safari, Text, etc.). So I tried to copy the files over like you posted, but VT-100 uses the keyboard so my phone flips back to the "slide" screen then too, so I can't switch back that way either.

Any other options? I don't want to restore back to stock 1.1.1 again.

Thanks in advance....

Use SSH or iBrickr or iFuntastic to mount the phone directory. Then move the files as I posted. I'm close to pulling my Installer, since it seems that people are filling their phones with too many apps. I think that most problems come from the limited size of the executable partition. So if you have lots of apps, don't install keyboard, since it may push you over the limit.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a go....

Thanks

please make this customize ready armadillo..if possible thanks

Tis a sad day in the UI Modding world...

1.1.2 broke this awesome keyboard mod

And as a sidebar, the dialer pad "Dial" button is fubared as well
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Armadillo - Here's UIKit.framework from a fresh OTB 1.1.2 phone. Not sure if you already had it or not.

http://www.speedyshare.com/298532336.html

Below are screenshots from SMS.app and Safari in landscape mode
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -071511133452.png   -071511133517.png  
    Last edited by shadow_cruiser; 2007-11-15 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Uploaded wrong directory

Quote Originally Posted by wannagotopopeyes View Post
    okay i tried the 1.1.1 keyboard update thing too before I read this, and no it does not work, at least not yet. Can anyone ssh into their phone and make a copy of the original 1.1.1 keyboard .artwork file so i can at least see the keyboard when i text?? Please guys lol I need it. Anyones help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

actually i need all three .artwork files from the UIkit.framework folder, if anyone will help me out and upload them, or upload them to like rapidshare or a file sharing site that works too. or just email them to [email protected]

i really need them because i did not back them up thank you a bunch guys
    can someone send those files to [email protected] please? i need those original keyboard artwork for 1.1.1 too. thanks.

Ok... I am getting pretty frustrated... I added the source aloha soft source file but do not see the keyboard mod?? How else can I add the keyboard? I am running 1.1.2. I tried adding it manaully but still is not working... What files do i add to the UIkit framework file? Cuz whatever im doing is not right. plz help thx

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so does this mean it will be fixed soon?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't see the keyboard mod because its not available for 1.1.2

Alternatively, you can now install all of the Aqwoah goodies by adding my new source (see sig below)
    1) Is the source still available? if so, whats the link please?

2) Also, I would love to have that keyboard for the 1.1.1 but with a blue background instead of black... is that possible?

3) When I click on the .?123 button, it displays the numbers and characters with the old keyboard theme.. is that predetermined to be as such??
    Last edited by iphoneluv; 2007-12-08 at 06:50 AM.

Armadillo,

I believe iPhoneShop has been updated for 1.1.2. Should we expect an updated version or has progress been stopped?

Reako

Nope, so far only dictionaries. Artwork keyboard files are still for 1.1.1 only. And yes, I will make a keyboard for 1.1.2, but it will be a lot of work with the new international keyboards. So the Aqwoah keyboard for 1.1.2 will be my treat to donors.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast