Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make all the icons fit in my DOCK, so that my wallpaper is the main focus

Default How to make all the icons fit in my DOCK, so that my wallpaper is the main focus
    Hey Folks

Ok - I kinda didn't know how else to word this topic... anyhoo, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a theme that focuses on 2 basic areas

1. My background wallpaper (i'm a photographer so I like to show off cool shots, view the image below as an example)

2. My dock icons, which I saw something pretty cool online and thought of something here... I want to apply APPFLOW (view the link below) to my dock, is that a possibility? Cause that would be pretty cool... I was also thinking of changing the icons in my dock (view the image).

This is how my dock is on my MAC

AppFlow:
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=_t_IFP5VJzo"]YouTube - AppFlow on an iPhone in Canada[/ame]

let me know folks,
    -Joey

Here's what I have so far hahaha... I still got a long way to go!

So figured how to remove some icons with "POOF"... not im trying to figure out how I can put the removed icons or as a matter of fact, ALL the icons in the dock below...

Would it be possible to do that? Also, is there some kind of scroll to the side type of dock, where if 4 icons show at a time you can just scroll to the right and other icons will show...???

let me know.
    -Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-21 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

Thanks

No, you can't put app flow as a dock. You can make the dock have the images of the icons for the applications and make the icons itself invisible. For example, make the images of the icons for the dock small so you can squish (let's say) 7 icons on the "dock". For the actual icons that you press, make them invisible.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iFilipino For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-21)

Quote Originally Posted by iFilipino View Post
    For example, make the images of the icons for the dock small so you can squish (let's say) 7 icons on the "dock". For the actual icons that you press, make them invisible.
    So then the width is 320? and I have to pretty much calculate the icon sizes for let's say 6-7 of them so they can fit 320??? correct?

So how do I actually get them in the dock? By using POOF? and just drag them in there? and hide the ones I dont want?

Here's what I've done so far

-Joey

Exactly.

I shrunk the icons - but Im not able to drag them into the DOCK with "POOF"... Also Im trying to find out where in what folder the applications are so I can shrink those icons as well.

Any suggestions?
    -Joey

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
    Also Im trying to find out where in what folder the applications are so I can shrink those icons as well.
    Figured it out! Just now trying to figure out how to get the rest of the icons in the dock.

-Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-21 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't forget to include a launcher app or you won't be able to get to anything. My suggestion is Categories as the launcher.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2008-03-21 at 11:48 PM.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to darngooddesign For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Firstly, the program poof is used for one thing and one thing only. To hid and show icons on your springboard... It has no other use than that... You cant move your icons around with it.

What version of iPhone do you have?
    The maximum of icons you can fit in your dock is 5 in 1.1.3/4. And that only when you use Caterpillar.
    By shrinking the size of the icon doesn't allow you to fit more it. The graphic is smaller but the accual icon is the same size. You cant change this in your applications folder either. It's the springboard programming. It works to a grid, 4x4 for each page of your main icons and 1x4 for the dock.
    I think it is possible to get more than 5 icons in your dock using Customize in 1.1.1/2 but if you were making your theme for public use, and not just yourself, than no one will downgrade to just use your theme. Most people keep up to date.

There is no way of incorporating AppFlow into the dock, as of yet anyway. And would be a difficualt task as a lot of modifying of the spring board would have to be done... I for one would love that. Would have a very Mac OS X feel to it when using the reflective dock feature also found in Caterpillar.

Just a few things that might help you out a bit.
    If you have anything else you want cleared up or any other questions don't hesitate to ask...
    xD
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-22)

Quote Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
    Don't forget to include a launcher app or you won't be able to get to anything. My suggestion is Categories as the launcher.
    Thanks dude!

did that now I got a bunch of icons in that "category", however how do I get some icons on the actual "DOCK"?

-Joey

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the tip! I was reading how "customize" allows you up to 9 icons in your dock.. however I been trying to go abouts doing that and having a hard time. Here's a video clip

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z76MXXgp9U"]YouTube - up to 9 icons in your dock, and add the scroll dock[/ame]

Thats' my only concern now is to fit a couple of icons in the dock & hide the rest on my background.

-Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-22 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What I am saying is that you paste the ICONS on the WALLPAPER. Capish?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

Can I suggest a few ways to do what your trying to do.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=1902940

Follow that link to install Caterpillar.
    Once you follow all the steps go into Setting->Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap RiP Dev->Then go to FaceLift->Then turn on 5-Icons-Dock and Reflective dock if you like.

Use categories to put group your apps into, ironically, categories. Lol
    So then you move your 5 categories to the bottom so that you have your different icons in each and hide any you don't want with poof.

Than you get a nice looking theme and replace your category icons with those and your done.
    You have a clean springboard, clearly seeing your background, and 5 groups down the bottom that have your programs (these groups could include maybe: Games, Media, Communications, etc.) and have nice looking icons for your categories at the bottom.

I hope you like my suggestion...
    =]

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the tip! I was reading how "customize" allows you up to 9 icons in your dock.. however I been trying to go abouts doing that and having a hard time. Here's a video clip

YouTube - up to 9 icons in your dock, and add the scroll dock

Thats' my only concern now is to fit a couple of icons in the dock & hide the rest on my background.

-Joey
    Yeah, 9 icons work in customize, but only in 1.1.1/2, not 1.1.3/4.
    If you read my suggestion before that might help...

Quote Originally Posted by iFilipino View Post
    What I am saying is that you paste the ICONS on the WALLPAPER. Capish?

I get what you mean, but that would only be eye candy... you couldn't actually click the icons. His dock would only have a max of like 4 blank icons...
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-03-22 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-22)

have you thought about having a blank first page? then simply slide to your app icons on the 2nd, 3rd pages etc? - i am on 1.1.2 so not sure if you can utilize the blank.app method on 1.1.3+
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

YUP! nice help dude!

Couple of questions.

1. Caterpillar is a pay app, so meaning I have 2 days trial and thant I have to buy it?
    2. How do I move an icon to the dock hahaha! I'm having such a hard time with that... i have no idea how to do it

-Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    have you thought about having a blank first page? then simply slide to your app icons on the 2nd, 3rd pages etc? - i am on 1.1.2 so not sure if you can utilize the blank.app method on 1.1.3+
    That sounds like a good idea! I personally don't care if I have all the icons on the second page or 3rd and so on! I'm up for that! i'm on 1.1.3

Question is, how is it done mate?

-Joey
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-22 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Haha. Good as.
    Well if you read the link I gave you it might be able to help you get it for free.
    And if your using 1.1.3/4 just hold your finger on any icon and the should start to wobble... Than just drag whatever you don't want in your dock out and put you categories into it.

This is a shot of my phone. I didn't want to mess with it too much because I have gotten it to they way I like it. But it will give you an idea of what it will look like.

Just imagine down the bottom, instead of having Text, Chat, Safari, iPod and Phone they are your groups. And I just moved my icons across so you can see what its like with nothing obstructing the background.

Hope it helps.
    If you need more info, just ask, kay =]
    Last edited by MattMac; 2008-03-22 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-22)

Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post

Just imagine down the bottom, instead of having Text, Chat, Safari, iPod and Phone they are your groups. And I just moved my icons across so you can see what its like with nothing obstructing the background.

Hope it helps.
    If you need more info, just ask, kay =]

INstalled Cater... and its all good

I am able to drag the icons to the "NEXT" page however when I press the home button, they come back to the first page! I am not able to drag the icons to the dock...

I think the best & easiest thing to do is drag all of them to the next page... but how can i do that?

It's like 3am in Dubai and I have been working on this the whole freaking day

-Joey

Thanks

Have you got stuff in your dock already?
    Make sure the only icons shown on your springboard are the 5 categories... send a screenshot maybe so i can get a better idea where your at.
    Its not simple matter of just moving the icons the the next page. There is other stuff. You have almost finished my thing
    Just need to get them the the bottom...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-22)

Sup mate!

Yah I think we're almost close to finish!

I been wanting a VINTAGE theme for such a long time, now im almost there and all Im missing is a BEATTLES ringtone, but I got the perfection mate! "COME TOGETHER" such a bad *** beat!

Just hit you with another thanks!
    -Joey

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyDee For This Useful Post:

MattMac (2008-03-22)

Thanks

Haha. Thats retro man. xD

It's looking good. Jut get you 5 icons. Like put the rest into groups and more all the icons out of the dock by holding your finger on the icon till they all start to wobble. Than drag them out one by one will its empty. Than use poof to get rid of the icon you don't need and move your 5 categorise to the dock. Make sure you have turned 5-icon-dock on in the RiP Dev options in the settings app.

Your doing great.
    Thanks heaps for the thanks. xD
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MattMac For This Useful Post:

JoeyDee (2008-03-22)

Tanks again mate!

I did everything just left the SMS - cuz I do more sms than actual talks on the fone mate! I hate talking on the fone (not cuz im cheap, just cuz ahhh - its almost 4am in Dubai) hahaha im still awake!

So now all is good!!!! And I got my "Beatles" ringtone! And I'm good just ganna make a sandwhich and get my *** to bed

-Joey

BTW

This Caterpilar app is TOTALLY KICKKKK ***! like serious kick ***! Love the FONT...!!!!
    Last edited by JoeyDee; 2008-03-22 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Tanks again mate!

I did everything just left the SMS - cuz I do more sms than actual talks on the fone mate! I hate talking on the fone (not cuz im cheap, just cuz ahhh - its almost 4am in Dubai) hahaha im still awake!

So now all is good!!!! And I got my "Beatles" ringtone! And I'm good just ganna make a sandwhich and get my *** to bed

-Joey

BTW

This Caterpilar app is TOTALLY KICKKKK ***! like serious kick ***! Love the FONT...!!!!

I know, Caterpillar is a awsome app. I love it.

Your phone is looking great man. You've done a good job. xD
    The SMS up in the corner just finishes it off. I know what you mean about txting. It's just so much easier. Lol.
    Well I'm glad I could have been some help.

I think you should sleep. I gotta head off too.

Catch-ya man.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast