Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Phone 7 Combined

Cool Windows Phone 7 Rendition
    In my quest to find something with a better user interface that utilizes Windows Phone 7 tiles combined with other apps and add-ons from the community; I've come up with the following design.

It works well since my main focus for the phone is as a corporate user with certain downloaded apps. Even when I used the original iPhone interface I only had 1 page of apps so I felt this design worked out well for me. Maybe it will work out for you as well.

The design is simple, flat, and crisp.

iPhone Info:

Carrier: Jailbroken/Unlocked (T-Mobile)
    Type: 3GS
    Version: 4.0.1 (8A306)
    Firmware: 05.13.04

Packages used:

Windows Phone 7 Theme for Iconoclasm (Angelman8)
    Cydia
    Winterboard
    Activator
    Clock Hide
    Cydget
    Iconoclasm
    Infiniboard
    Infinidoc
    LockInfo
    Winterboard
    WinSCP (SSH Access)

Screenshots:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Ncmel-Gb0[/ame]

I take no credit for developing the interface or software used to make the iPhone look like this. My only customization were at the icon level which anyone make if your phone is Jailbroken and you have access to the file system. Give credit where credit is due to the actual developers, they deserve your donations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -73730_1465587561303_1281932478_31055189_1100788_n.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by highmark; 2010-11-05 at 02:27 PM.

The icons (especially the red ones) are very flat. Use some shading, borders, texture/detail to make it more interesting. Also, post a screenshot as an attachment so people know what the theme looks like before they click on the post.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBan View Post
    The icons (especially the red ones) are very flat. Use some shading, borders, texture/detail to make it more interesting. Also, post a screenshot as an attachment so people know what the theme looks like before they click on the post.
    The flat icons were intentional to reflect the Windows Phone 7 tile design. The interface released by MS will be the same and I found it looked the best without introducing additional elements to the image.

Thanks for the attachment idea; I was curious to know how everyone did that.

Quote Originally Posted by highmark View Post
    The flat icons were intentional to reflect the Windows Phone 7 tile design. The interface released by MS will be the same and I found it looked the best without introducing additional elements to the image.

Thanks for the attachment idea; I was curious to know how everyone did that.
    Oh... Well, that shows how much I know about the windows 7 design :P
    Still, I think it would look better with some texture.
    Creator of Modern Blue
    Follow me on Twitter! PermaBanMMI

Looks good so far. If you need any beta testers I'm right here.

Oh... Well, that shows how much I know about the windows 7 design :P
    Still, I think it would look better with some texture.
    After I replied to you I couldn't stop thinking about how to give the buttons some more character. I'm going to work up an example and would really like some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahaninja32 View Post
    Looks good so far. If you need any beta testers I'm right here.
    I still have to write the installation documentation. However I can share the Icons I used that will replace the ones within Angelman8's Windows Phone 7 Theme for Iconoclasm. I'll post the .zip file as an attachement to my first post.
    Last edited by highmark; 2010-11-05 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks just downloaded

Here is an example with a small bevel on the phone button.

Awesome theme. Could you make me a red Safari icon for it? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec233 View Post
    Awesome theme. Could you make me a red Safari icon for it? Thanks in advance.
    See attached. You'll have to rename this image to Safari.png and overwrite or rename the IE looking Safari.png.

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -safari1.png  

Quote Originally Posted by highmark View Post
    Here is an example with a small bevel on the phone button.

To me, that small amount of detail actually makes a huge improvement. Experiment with lot of different things.
    The best way to have good ideas is to have lots of ideas.

Is there a cydia theme with just that lockscreen? It looks amazing! Is there a way to just get that and use it with another theme or something?

Quote Originally Posted by M a r k View Post
    Is there a cydia theme with just that lockscreen? It looks amazing! Is there a way to just get that and use it with another theme or something?
    The lockscreen is a combo of LockInfo (don't know what theme that would be) but the clock widget is Typophone 4. Enjoy
    Last edited by bulletproof_ideal; 2010-11-20 at 05:32 PM.

how do we change the space between the icons?