Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3d themes?

Default 3d themes?
    ...And by that I don't mean 3D object themes. I mean themes that can be used with 3D glasses. I'm not sure if anybody has thought this before, but I figured that anybody who did think of this would have realized how impractical it would be, so they wouldn't have bothered trying to make one. Still, it would look really sweet... until you realize you can't just put on 3D glasses every time you use your iPhone.

I didn't actually make a 3-d theme , but I took a preview image from my theme, Modern Blue and a preview image from ViiOLENT.HD's theme Absolute HD, and made a 3D anaglyph for each one. Put on your 3D glasses and check them out

The icons don't really pop off of the page, but if they were each made 3d individually, the effect would show up a little better.

This is probably worst idea I've ever had, but I've already wasted my time making the images 3D, so I figured I might as well show them to you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -preview3d.png  

The idea isn't too stupid. I think it'd be really neat to turn this theme on while you're at the movies or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ihearkat View Post
    The idea isn't too stupid. I think it'd be really neat to turn this theme on while you're at the movies or something.
    I didn't really mean it was stupid, just very impractical. Also, I don't think it would work with those kinds of 3D glasses. The movies use subtler colors than red/blue to make the movie picture cleaner. For these themes, you would need the classic paper glasses :P

Impractical?
    yes

Rediculously fun to look at?
    Also yes