Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help!!
    I used ifile to change my iOS 4 dock back to the old style dock cause unlike it better but when I re-springer it all the icons got shifted up! How do I move the icons so there where there supposed to be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also sorry if this us posted in tge wrong section, I'm new here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also this happens... Look at the name

Need more information to figure out what the problem is. Could be you tried using a 3.0 theme on your 4.0 firmware who knows. Nice name btw lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

to move icons around hold any icon down till it starts to wiggle and you will be able to move them

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a file that has the 3.0 firmware dock image and I there is also a file that has the 4.1 dock image and I changed the name if the files so it would think that the old dock image was really the new
    Dock. I know how to rearrange icons but it's like the grid where they are locked onto has moved up and closer together so if u look at the 1st post I had and the picture it thinks that the bottom of the screen is really 2-3 cm farther up than it really is. I am running 4.1 jailbroken firmware. Jailbroken with limerain. I have an iPhone 3GS. Please post or message me if you u think you can help dengue slightest! Oh, and my user name is pretty awesome, I know! Lolz...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Did you change the file name back to see if it gets fixed?

What exactly were the file names that you changed? And what's the old dock image name?

The problem is that the old dock image is bigger than the ios4 one. The size of the image determines where the dock icons are, so when you switched to the old image, the icons got shifted up. One way to fix this is to make the old ios3 dock part of your wallpaper and set that as your background, then make a new transparent dock that is 320x45, and apply that. I'll make the images for you

New wallpaper:

New (shorter) dock

The dock is invisible, so save the space in between this text and the text above it as your new dock in SSH.

Press thanks if this helped!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBan View Post
    The problem is that the old dock image is bigger than the ios4 one. The size of the image determines where the dock icons are, so when you switched to the old image, the icons got shifted up. One way to fix this is to make the old ios3 dock part of your wallpaper and set that as your background, then make a new transparent dock that is 320x45, and apply that. I'll make the images for you

New wallpaper:

New (shorter) dock

The dock is invisible, so save the space in between this text and the text above it as your new dock in SSH.

Is there a way to do this without a computer? Also, when I set the image as the background, there is a shadow thing that darkens it as it gets closer to the bottom of screen/ dock.. Thank you so much!!

Also, I don't under stand what u mean by save the space ("The dock is invisible, so save the space in between this text and the text above it as your new dock in SSH.")

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBan View Post

New wallpaper:

New (shorter) dock

I did what u told me to do but this is what the dock looks like now..

Quote Originally Posted by Mileycyrus View Post
    Also, I don't under stand what u mean by save the space ("The dock is invisible, so save the space in between this text and the text above it as your new dock in SSH.")
    Right click on the space in between that text and the one above it and select save image as, then name the image the same as your current dock and save it where your dock is.

As to your problem with the darkened dock, I'm not sure why it does that. Try saving the invisible dock as your new dock and see what happens.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

theres an image in Bundles/com.apple.SpringBoardUIFramework called WallpaperGradientPortraitFull.png.
    If you make this invisible it will fix the darkened dock
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

The old SBDockBG was not ment for iOS 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    The old SBDockBG was not ment for iOS 4.
    Then why is it packaged in the OS?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybunnies6 View Post
    theres an image in Bundles/com.apple.SpringBoardUIFramework called WallpaperGradientPortraitFull.png.
    If you make this invisible it will fix the darkened dock
    Can u give me more info on where it is? Also can this be done using ifile?

Quote Originally Posted by Mileycyrus View Post
    Then why is it packaged in the OS?
    It's an dump file. It's called OLD-SBDockBG, not Alt-SBDockBG.